Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tears ❯ A Little Mix Up At The Mall ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tears

Disclaimer: Please tell me the pairings. I/K, Y/K, H/K, K/K, or Kuw/K. Do not own Yash or YYH.

Poll:

I/K: 1

Y/K: 2

Kur/K: 1

H/K: 2

Kagome walked slowly through the mall with her friends. She was more quiet and subdued ever since…"Hey Kagome! What ever happened to your two timing arrogant foul mouthed boyfriend?" Yuka asked.
Kagome froze in her tracks. She lowered her head so that her bangs covered her already filling eyes. "Inuyasha? He…died," she said, trying her hardest to make sure her voice didn't waver.
Ayumi clapped her hands over her mouth and ran over to comfort Kagome. Yuka was taken aback by the answer and Eri gasped. Kagome immediately regained her composure and plastered on a smile. "It's okay though guys, I'm fine," she said. They looked skeptical. Kagome started walking again and they followed her. *~*Yusuke's Side*~*
Yusuke and the gang (Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara) were walking through the mall, no destination set in mind. Suddenly, Kuwabara spoke up, "Hey, Urameshi. What ever happened to Keiko?"
Yusuke stopped and turned around slowly, hurt evident in his eyes. He turned back around and started walking again. "She left me for some other guy," he said softly. They all wanted to comfort him, but they knew he wouldn't like that, so they kept their distance.
They continued walking again in silence. Then, Kurama caught someone's eye. A girl with long black hair and bright blue eyes. She gasped and ran over to them. She launched herself onto Kurama, giving him a crushing hug. "SHIPPO?!" the girl cried, holding onto him tightly, desperately. *~*Kagome's Side*~*
They continued walking with Yuka in the lead, chatting away to Eri. Then Kagome felt a somewhat familiar presence and looked up. A young guy with bright orange/red hair and sparkling green eyes caught her eye. Kagome gasped and ran up to him. She threw herself onto him and cried out her sons name.
The guy looked confused, and this hurt Kagome. How could her own son not know her? "Shippo, it's me, your mother. It's me…Kagome. D-don't you remember me?" she asked, her voice wavering slightly.
"I'm sorry ma'am, but my name is Shuichi," he said. Kagome pulled back.
"B-but you-you're a fox youkai! You have orangey red hair and green eyes. The only things missing are your demon traits. Claws, fangs, and *gasp* your tail! Where's your tail?!" she cried.
"Look ningen, he is not this Shippo of yours. I suggest you back off before you regret it," Hiei threatened.
Kagome turned to look at him and flinched. "Oh God! Wh-what is Naraku doing here? Why are you hanging out with him? And-why are you shorter Naraku? You were a good 5 inches taller than me before," Kagome said, putting her hands down. "Ne? Jaken? Why aren't you with Sesshomaru- sama, and why are you so tall and-not green? And why do you have hair? And-OH MY GOD! MIROKU!" she yelled, tears of joy streaming out of her eyes. She flung herself onto Yusuke and kissed both of his cheeks.
Then she pulled back very fast. "You're not a hentai still are you? And what about your kazzana? And-are you wearing contacts? I think you had the most beautiful violet eyes!"
Yusuke, blushing a bit from being kissed by that beautiful girl, said, "Look Kagome, I'm Yusuke, not Miroku. He's Kuwabara, not Jaken. He's Hiei, not Naraku. And again, that's Shuichi, not Shippo."
Kagome took a few stumbling steps back. "I'm so sorry," she mumbled, then ran off crying. The gang watched after her, all wanting to go after her. *~*Yusuke's Side*~*
"How did she know you were a fox?" Yusuke asked Kurama finally.
"I don't know. Perhaps we should ask Koenma for her profile. Her name was Kagome right?" Kurama answered. They all nodded in agreement. They started walking again, each in their own thoughts. *~*Kagome's Side*~*
Kagome tore through the mall, tears flowing freely down her face. People turned to look at her as sobs escaped her mouth. She ran out of there and ran the 5 miles home, collapsing on her bench by the God Tree. The one in Feudel Japan was plain wood, but this one painted a light pink.
"Feh. Pink is such a stupid color," a voice whispered. Kagome shot up and looked around desperately. She swore she could see Inuyasha standing in front of her, a loving smirk in place. But when she blinked all her tears away, he was gone.
Kagome sank back on to the bench and pulled her knees to her chest and laid her head on her knees. Her thin blue dress blew with the cold wind, making it painfully yet bare fully cold. Kagome was content to stay like that forever, her angel at her side. And she fell asleep with the whispered words to her "I love you." *~*Yusuke's Side*~*
Koenma and Botan sat around, waiting for the Spirit Detectives. He glanced at the file Kurama asked him to get and frowned. Then the Detectives birst in. "Ahh…you're finally here," he said.
Yusuke nodded. "You got the file?"
Koenma handed it over. "This Kagome girl you speak of has a very strange file. Up until she was 15, we had a perfect record of her. But her 16th year is completely missing; it is just starting her 17th year. We have no idea where that part of her file is," he said.
"Kagome Higurashi.that name sounds so familiar…It's on the tip of my ton-oh! Of course! In my days of Yoko, they told us all the ledged of the Shikon no Tama. A futuristic girl released an inu-hanyou from a tree. He was pinned there by the girls first form, a powerful miko by the name Kikyou. The reincarnation, Kagome, accidentally shattered the Shikon no Tama that was inside her body. They were sent on a mission to collect all the shards. On their way they teamed up with a young kitsune by the name Shippo, a taijiya and her fire neko Sango and Kirara, and a lecherous houshi Miroku. It is said that Kagome and the hanyou Inuyasha had fallen in love. But a witch brought back Inuyasha's past lover Kikyou and this caused many problems for everyone. They had to face a powerful youkai named Naraku, who also seeked the shards. Also, Inuyasha's half brother, a full inu-youkai, Sesshomaru wished to take Inuyasha's sword. He had an assistant that was a little green frog youkai. In the end, it said they battled Naraku and killed him. Inuyasha confessed his love to Kagome then he too died. Kagome took the whole jewel and purified it. Then she was never seen again," Kurama said.
They all digested this information and put 2 and 2 together and…"That couldn't be THE Kagome in the mall as in the ledgend.right?" Kuwabara asked skeptically.
"Well it seems so," Kurama said.
"The big oaf is right," Hiei said. "How is it possible for that girl to travel back in time?"
"Hey! What'd ya call me shrimp?!" Kuwabara yelled.
"Hn," came the long, explanatory reply. "Well, I can go check her out for further information," Botan offered.
"Yes, that would be good," Kurama said.
"Well then, I'm off!" Botan said cheerfully before conjuring a portal and oar and leaving.
"Well, I got nothing better to do. Wanna go a round of sak'e?" Yusuke asked.
"You're too young," Kurama pointed out.
Yusuke shrugged. "So?" They all rolled their eyes.

A/N: There ya go. No more songs. And to all those who voted, thanks. Please vote for pairings!