Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The evil one ❯ chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One
The Evil One
 
I sit quietly as it watches me, the figure that never sleeps. It is every where, watching… waiting, for the moment I slip, so that it might `comfort' me with its presence… with its memories. Waiting for my unconsciousness to pull me into its grasp, so that it might remind me of every thing…. of every little detail of my screwed up life… of my shattered heart… of my lost light.
I try to distract myself by looking out into the vast rain, but it only makes the figures will stronger. The figure, Ainuir I call him, is near me. He always is. I feel his energy mingle with mine, but I expel it before it is readable. You know it is kind of funny when you think about it, I the evil one am haunted by this shadow; I who not even the lords of Makai can suppress am tortured by a whisper in the wind; I who not even the sands of time can effect am troubled by the memory of a jewel far more precious than the Shikon no Tama.
I feel the iciness of the stone floor beneath my bare feet and the cold air blow against my numb skin. Raising my hand I smile quietly at its pointed edges and the dried blood that wedges itself within the small crevasse. Standing I turn from the clear window I walk towards a large pale bed, the surrounding curtains drawn back to reveal nothing except the overly stuffed pillows and giant comforter. Sitting on the bed I allow my gaze to sweep over the darkness.
“So you come again,” I whisper my eyes reflecting an eerie color in the pale moonlit puddles that befuddle my image. A soft laugh escapes my lips as the darkness begins to aflame my sight, sending spells of dizziness through out my body and shivers up my spine. Blackness begins to drown me as a small sadistic smile forms on my lips and I allow Ainuir to feed me the images of lost love, of massacred villages, of innocence replaced by evil in a world where corruption rules all.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
“Yusuke,” announced a toddler, wide blue eyes penetrating arrogant brown, “we have assigned you as the leader of this mission.” A young man with slicked back black hair allowed a slender eyebrow to rise at the announcement. He would be going on another mission? Why would this one be any different from the others?
“Whatever,” he replied his eyes wandering around the white room. He hated the room, he hated all white rooms. He had hated them since that time… he had hated everything since that time.
“Good, now then, your mission is to destroy the evil one. You will be aided by those of every race age and rank. Most will join you later on at different times.”
“How will I know whether these people are spy or not?”
“They will be accompanied with some sort of …”
“NANI!” screamed a voice as a small little red fur ball ran through the door and into the room, quickly closing the door after it.
“Shippo?” asked Yusuke to the ball of shaking fur. Large green eyes met narrowed brown before the creature scurried from the ground and leapt straight into Yusuke's outstretched arms.
“What are you doing here?”
“He is one of your subordinates for the missions. He is a shape-shifter, as you know, and will be able to help disguise himself for undercover work.” replied the toddler, his eyes guarded carefully as he allowed a small frown to grace his childish features.
“No,” whispered Yusuke, his head bowed as he looked intently at the floor, “I will not allow a child to become involved in this affair.”
“It's too late for that,” retorted the young Shippo, “the evil one has already destroyed my life. They killed my parents, and wounded my friends, both internally and ex. I have been involved in this war since I learned to speak Yusuke, and I will only resign my post when we win or I die trying.”
“Awww, that's so sweet, I think I'm going to get cavities,” replied a small fire demon from the shadows. Ruby red eyes shone brightly in the concealment of the shadows as a short gravity defying haired demon stepped from the darkness and appeared beside Yusuke his fist coming faster than light towards the detective that still held the small Kitsune firmly in his hands.
-----------------------------------------------
So how did you like it? Can you guess who the Evil One is? I won't tell you or all the suspense would be ruined, but it would be fun to see who all of you think it is? Oh and the Evil One is one person, I know it's kind of confusing when Shippo says `they' but the Evil One has many people working for it. So review and tell me what you think about it, but I already have the pairings planned so don't bother flaming me about them! Oh and I'm not telling you the pairings, you have to figure them out on your own.