Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Battles and Birds ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon

Sesshoumaru let a smile sadistic smile grace his androgynous features, before stirking out,and though Kagome couldn’t see him, she felt his movements. She allowed her power to singe him as he came close , attempting to cut her face. It was supposed to be a warning, instead, he got a warning of his own: when her power zapped his hand . He mentally swore.

He could not let this woman (yes, he loved her, but if there was one thing he knew,it was never let your woman get the upper hand!). He went for a punch, catching her in the back. She wheezed for a moment , letting her powers flare out and entrap him. She send a bolt of power up his hair, making it stand straight up.Ahh, she smiled, the joys of static cling!

Sesshoumaru’s eyes went red for a second, he exerted his youki, breaking the sheild and grabbing her arm, he twisted it behind her. Kagome winced in pain, losing her focus. Sesshoumaru could smell her slight pain, her panic, and something else… wait a minute!

He lost his train of thought as her other elbow rammed into his chest. It didn’t hurt, but it awed him, considering he was thinking of other things then battle. Damn. Focus.

She spun out of his grasp, a smirk (that’s, to him, looked seductive and vicious), and grabbed a small practice sword off of the wall. Sesshoumaru did the same, sensing the challenge in this exercise. He WOULD be the alpha in this partnership, thank you very much!

She stood at guard, waiting for his move. He was curious as to why she didn’t go to the offense?

He brought his sword down, trying to throw her petite form off balance. She felt the power behind his pressing, she knew it wasn’t his all. She felt an irrational anger at him, for not taking her seriously! She brought the bokken up and whacked him on the head as he stumbled. She would teach Sesshoumaru to treat her like a little girl!

He stood back up, his hand at the back of his head for a moment. He looked down into Kagome’s eyes, (if looks could kill…).

They fought strenuously, and they forgot the monks and priestesses watching in anticipation of a victory for either side. Sesshouamru and Kagome where body to body, their swords connected in such a way that sheer force was the only way to break apart. Sesshoumaru was going to beat her! Kagome decided to do something a little rude, but necessary.

She broke his nose.

He didn’t even realize what happened when he saw that dainty manicured fist coming straight for his face. He forgot how much purifying energy hurt until he felt the zinging feeling of power. That and blood, and a sore nose. It would heal fine, his pride would not. His anger overcoming his better judgement, he brought the bokken up and hit her soundly in the collarbone.

The searing pain awoke her to the fact she had a broken bone. She glared at Sesshoumaru, before they connected blades again. The collarbone was a warning ;to yeild to his dominance and back down. It would heal, with her powers soon enough, but first she was going to teach this arrogant ass a lesson!

She felt the attraction and intensity of the fight, dropping the swords and again resorting to fists and feet. Kagome felt her feet get swept from under her, she kicked her legs out, effectively drop-kicking her lovely demon lord in the unmentionables.

They got to their knees (grimaces on) as they traded blows, Kagome punched Sesshoumaru in the throat , he hit her in the face. Coughing, they grabbed each other’s throats, each determined to win, each feeling nothing but the close, sweet, taste of victory!

Sesshoumaru increased his force, his eyes bleeding crimson. How dare his bitch try to rule over him!

Kagome let her deadly powers seep through her hands, burning Sesshoumaru’s throat. How dare he try to make her look like a foolish woman in front of people she had to command!

Their electric attraction flowed as well, Sesshoumaru letting her power filled scent fill his head, intoxicating.

Kagome felt the strength in this man, and felt a hidden part of her swell with passion.
“Well, it’s always fun to see the children playing nice, but would you both mind showing a little more discipline? You embarrass yourselves. It’s completely obvious that you are both quite powerful.”

Kagome looked completely surprised to see her hands on her (boy)friends neck, and even more surprised to see The Inu No Taisho, Sesshazu Takeda. She squealed and let go of Sesshoumaru, he let go of her as well, with less fuss.

She felt so bad! She shouldn’t have gotten so competitive! She hurt him! She healed his neck, tears in her eyes. He saw them, his own guilt surging through him, not that you could tell. He nodded to his father, the man had been mumbling about something, but the sight of those teary grey eyes..

Hiei was in shock. How could these two be so powerful? The girl had not only held her own against Sesshoumaru, she had almost beaten him! Kurama would be either pleased or shocked when he heard. Hiei left, his presence unnoticed.

Sesshoumaru felt his father tug him. Satnding, the boy followed his father like a puppy. How had he lost control like that? He wouldn’t be able to fix this!

Kagome stood, healing herself as she faced the class. Calm fascade in place, she smiled.

“That is the reality of battle. I know that man like I know myself. He is my best friend. And I know that, god forbid, if the decision had to be made, I would kill him. Class dismissed.”

The rest of the day was a guilty blur, for both of them. Sesshoumaru allowed his inferiors to carry the burden of the work, and Kagome buried herself in work stacks of intelligence folders so big you couldn’t see her.

She found out that Kikyou was locked up in a miko prison, the Tsubaki state penitentiary. And that the alchemist department had major issues with purifying energies around their experiments. She went home, feeling burnt out and sore.

After changing and flopping onto the couch, she fell asleep. When the doorbell rang two hours later, she answered, her shorts and tank top making her feel exposed, her hair rumpled from troubled dreams.

“Why didn’t you back down?”

Ahh, the joys of waking to Sesshoumaru.

She glared wholeheartedly, all the guilt boiling into a more familiar emotion.. Anger. “ why didn’t you fight with everything you’ve got?”

“That’s none of your concern.”

“Oh, it’s not my concern when you decide that I’m too weak to fight with is it!” He brushed past her roughly, yanking the door from her hands and closing it with a slam. “ I thought you would see reason, but apparently I damaged your brain when I choked you earlier.”

She felt a strange pain in her chest, like someone punched the air out of her.

“yeah, well at least I’m not a pompous chauvinist! You would rather me be like Kikyou, wouldn’t you! Quiet and submissive. Well that’s not me! I’m Kagome damn it all!”

He gripped her arms, not realizing his claws might nick her. “I know who you are! “

She had a wild look in her eyes as she gripped his face, staring into those golden eyes with an intensity he had only seen on one other.

Himself.

“Your mine.”

He left then, both had much guilt, but, they both had too much pride to admit they felt badly about that day. She heard the door thud shut, her heart closing along with it.She went to her room, clutched her pillow like a lifeline, and cried for what she could not say.

Sesshoumaru was getting undressed, as he watched Kagome crying through his window. The thunder and rain obscuring her slightly. He hated it when it rained, it reminded him of tears. And he hated guilt. Staring whistfully at the object of his affection, the gods decided to test them both.

The power went off.

Now, Sesshoumaru let his worry rule over him, running out the front door with a speed he had never achieved before. She hadn’t heard the door slam before she was in his arms.

“Are you alright?”

She flet the tone of his words, knowing it was more then the storm he was speaking of. Her grey eeys held understanding.”Msryy”

He looked at her, a quizzical puzzlement displayed there, not that she could see it.”What was that?”

“I’m sorry for hurting you.”

He settled her into his lap, nuzzling her ear with is nose.”I overreacted to your response. I should have been more professional. I worry for you though,”

His experience taught him that humans were like porcelain, beautiful, in the capacity that they always needed care and attention, never clumsy violence.

She grinned, and he saw the smile light up the night around him.” I shouldn’t have lost my temper. It was my first lesson as a miko.”

Would you like me to stay?”

“Of course Moony. What about your brother though?”

Sesshoumaru let his features twist into a look of distaste.” I haven’t a clue, or a care, to tell you the truth.”

As they snuggled closer, trying to forget the events of a night not so long ago, Kagome wondered aloud…”Where could that boy have gone to?

Meanwhile, in the depths of a prison, an inmate laughed insanely as two people who loved her more then life itself set her evil free.

AN: How do you like? Sorry for the fight scene. Please be honest if it wasn’t good.