Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Betrayl and Big Dates ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon

Kikyou rubbed her sore muscles as she soaked in a hot bath .She had missed this a lot when she was in the slam. They wouldn’t let her take an hour long perfumed bath. More like a five minute shower with plain lye soap. After rinsing the fragrant conditioner out of her hair, she rung it out.

She pulled her hakama on, tying it snugly around her waist. She pulled her haori up and felt silky hands guide it back down around the crook of her elbows. She leaned back against him, her head against his neck, a seductive pose indeed. His fingers brushed against her breasts, making her gasp in sensual surprise….

Kagome sighed, sitting up in her bed. She felt something tickling her nose, and after seeing it was white, she immediately thought it was cobwebs. Screaming, she went to tug it off her head.

She heard a loud thump, then something that sounded suspiciously like a growl. Flinching, she knew she was in for it. She peeked over the edge of the bed, a dainty pair of grey eyes staring innocently down at her jilted silver haired (boy)friend. He glared back at her, before attempting to grab her. She scooted back, flopping back on her pillows and snuggling into them like a baby kitten.

He grinned, pulling her leg until she plopped onto the floor, a pillow still clutched in her hand. He leaned over her, until they were nose to nose .”Wake up sleepy one.”

She frowned, rolling over and holding the pillow tight. ”No.”

“Yes.”

“No.”

“No.”

“Yes. Oh wait… damn.”

She opened her eyes, smiling sweetly, before bringing her face close to Sesshoumaru’s ethereal one. He was shocked for a moment, and fell back. She kept advancing until he was the one on his back and she leaned forward, pressing her cherry lips to his white.

Time seemed to slow for Sesshoumaru, he saw them coming, and then, ahh, that was nice, like slightly stale vanilla wafers. He basked in her, letting her flavor fill him.

She lightly touched her tongue to his lips, smiling into the kiss when he opened his mouth. Mhmmm… Cinnamon..and teddy grahams? His flavor must be a morning thing. She had planned on hitting him with the pillow, but when she saw the hope in those sunny eyes she couldn’t..

He was getting used to this. He let his hand drift slowly to her breast, slowly.. Almost there…Was that his heart pounding in his ears? Dammit!

There was a knock at the door. She got up, an apology for him in her eyes, before grabbing the knob. He hurried to put her bathrobe on her shoulders , and was just in time for the door to open. She stared blankly ,then remembered, the short guy from work!

“Hello Ed, what are you doing here?”

The golden eyed boy smiled. He stood there with another , slightly chubby boy, who had to have been his brother. They both wore red alchemist robes. The boy rubbed the back of his head nervously.

She looked puzzled, before seeing PokerFace Sesshoumaru behind her glaring. She shooed him inside before smiling.

Al thought he was in heaven. She was almost as beautiful as his mother. Even though she was a miko. His face flushed as he stared at her dazzling grey eyes, and those legs, long like a colts..

Ed stared at her for a moment before speaking.” I was told to inform you that the Kuro Miko Kikyou has been taken from prison with the help of two accomplices. We don’t have their descriptions at this time, but the departments working on it. We wanted to let you know, and they told me to tell you the alchemy and holy departments are working together on this one.

She looked slightly troubled.”Are you telling me this is an inside operation?”

“It may be, well, we will see you later, Priestess Kagome. Al, let’s go.” Ed started to walk away, before realizing his brother hadn’t moved, still staring at her with a smile , reverence etched into his features. Kagome knelt down, gave him a kiss on the cheek, and motioned for him to rejoin his brother, before returning to the inside of the house.

Al broke from his silent awe when Ed whacked him on the back of his head.

Kagome returned to the house to find Sesshoumaru showering. She resisted the temptation of peaking, instead she worked on finding Kikyou.

After calling all the old miko dives, she contacted her friends. Jakotsu wouldn’t piss on the girl if she was on fire in the desert, so mo luck there.

Kagura was working, and no cigar there, Kag had stuck gum in her hair in college. Yura Hadn’t spoken to the girl since Kikyou had botched Yura’s perm.

Naraku didn’t answer, Inuyasha didn’t answer, Keade didn’t answer. Kanna answered, said no and hung up, Kouga didn’t answer, Ayame answered, and told her they had a big fight and he was being an ass.

She sighed in exasperation. Picking up the reciever, she dialed a number that was only to be used in emergencies.

“Hello? Kageroumeru, it’s Kagome. Yes, I know, only emergencies. I need a favor. I need you to track down… Yes Kikyou, how did you know? I was not too busy with Moony! I did not… no we didn’t! Oh my god, how did you know that! You tell Juro I’m gonna beat his scrawny tail into the ground! Thank you, get back to me soon!”

She hung up, feeling releived. Kageroumaru and Juroumaru where two of the instructors at the miko school she went to. They took a shining to her, and after graduation she found out that they were two of the best spies in the world.

She still wanted to know how they knew about her and Moony.She hadn’t heard him get out of the shower, but he heard her talking to the Shii brothers. He heard of them some time ago

Was she the one who helped Kikyou escape?

The next day at work was hectic for Kagome. Intelligence officers ran to and fro, reports of sitings came flying in at a record pace,she had Sango take over the training while she tried to track down Kikyou.

She was worried, they were already calling her a kuro miko. It was a dangerous title. The last great Kuro Miko was Tsubaki. But she had been dispatched by the descendent of Midoriko. Now, if this didn’t get solved soon, Kurama-Sama might be in danger.

Flipping a piece of ebony hair out of her face, she adjusted her haori. How could one miko be so hard to find?

The phone rang, scaring the wits out of her.When she picked it up, it was someone she hadn’t expected. Mr.Takeda.

“Kagome?”

“Speaking sir.”

“I am going to be blunt. We think this case would be better off if you put someone else in charge.”

She felt her heart sieze in pain.. Didn’t they think she could do it?”But.. Who is going to take over?”

“We have some internal spies on it, we are going to put you on paid leave till this all blows over. If you get a lead, you’ll tell use right?”

She heard her blood freeze in her veins. They thought she had something to do with this! ”Yes.”

“How about dinner at the house tonight Kagome? I’m finally getting a day off, but considering it is because a crazy miko may be after me, I’m not that pleased .Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha won’t bother you I promise.”

“Sure. May I ask who put me under suspicion though, Sir?”

She heard a sad sigh on the other line.” If it was up to me you would still be working on this Gome, but I’m not the only one on the board.”

“Who.. Please Sir.”

“Sesshoumaru.”

She leaned back in her chair, her hand touched the heart that was thawing and breaking right before her eyes.

“I’ll see you tonight Sir.”

She hung up, and grabbed her briefcase. She informed Sango of her permanent status until Kagome’s return.

“Oh, Kagome, why would they think you were involved?”

Kagome felt the malicious hurt flow through her, like broken glass in her veins.

“Ask Sesshoumaru. Please keep me updated.”

“I will Kagome-chan, be safe.”

“Be safe, Go-chan”

She said good bye to Miroku and told him he would be taking over for her. He embraced her.

“I give you my sincerest of apoligies Kagome.”

“For what, you didn’t do anything….”

He had a concussion and a sore shin by the time Kagome left.

She got ready for dinner, hoping Sesshoumaru didn’t sneak off like the coward he was. She decided on a pinstripe skirt and a black long sleeved shirt. She kept her hair in its confining bun, allowing a few wisps to hang in her face.

She was about to walk next door when the phone rang for the umpteenth time that day. She nearly tripped when she picked up the receiver.”Hello Yes I would love to… no I don’t have anything else planned, I’ll see you after dinner, yes, we do have things to speak about.

She sat down at the Inu Taishou table, adjusting her skirt. Inuyasha sat next to her, looking a little peeved. She asked him what the matter was, and got a nice big “Feh” in return.

Sesshazu took his seat at the head of the table, sighing before smiling at Kagome warmly.” It’s nice to see the daughter I never had again, at least, outside of work. I have missed you.”

She smiled and even though it didn’t quite reach her eyes, he felt the warmth there. This tender moment was interrupted by the arrival of the oldest Takeda brother.

Her heart clenched when Sesshoumaru sat down across the table from her, nodding to his father with deference. She made sure she didn’t acknowledge him in the slightest, and instead started up a conversation with the slightly subdued Inuyasha about all the Kikyou buzz.

They held a comfortable conversation, she ignored the occasional ignorant comment.Inuyasha seemed pleased she hadn’t forgotten him, and they sat comfortably until the meal came.

They stared at the feast, raw rabbit and deer for the boys, a nice salad and a smoked chicken breast for Kagome. She felt a tug on her shirt and looked up at Inuyasha, puzzled.

“Hey, Dad asked you to say grace, geez space case.”

She blushed before speaking.” May God bless this, our meal, and let the death of these creatures further our life. May their sacrifice not be in vain. So mote it be.”

They all started in, and before long somebody brought up the topic Kagome didn’t want to speak of. Who was is person, you ask? Of course Kagome knew Inuyasha was thick, but she didn’t know he was that stupid.

“So I here you got put on vacation, I don’t know who was stupid enough to think you’d help Kiki, you don’t even like her that much.”

Kagome stared into space before replying. ”Yeah, I know, but I guess some people don’t have a brain in their heads. I’m over it though, I’ll catch her one my own. I have someone looking in on it. As for getting put on vacation, I don’t really care. I actually have some free time.”

Sesshazu smiled at her indulgently, smiling at she silent insult to Sesshoumaru, who looked like he sucked on a lemon.”And what are you going to do with this freetime,daughter?”

She laughed before answering in a playful tone.” I have a date tonight, and tomorrow I was looking forward to visiting two friends of mine, Kag and Juuro.”

All Sesshoumaru had heard was the word date. How dare she think she could date! She was his!

Kagome finished her meal, wiping her dainty mouth with the napkin.” Im sure he will be a perfect gentleman.”

“And who is this he, Kagome?”

“Oh, nobody who concerns you Sesshoumaru.”

She kissed her foster father’s cheek, gave Inu a hug and left. She stood outside and dialed a number on her cell.” Hello, Hiei? Yes I’m ready.”

AN: How is that twist for you! Hahaha!