Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ Kiss Me Kill Me ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Referee By A Phantom Moon

Kagome stood on the street side, waiting for Hiei. She undid her constricting bun, settling for a ponytail. Sighing in displeasure, she wished she could give Sesshoumaru a piece of her mind! How dare he think she would be in league with Kinky Hoe! She imitated the deep growl she heard so much from her demonic foster family. It was absurd! She always trusted him, even that one time he told her silly putty tasted like chewy pudding!

After five minutes a very disgruntled Inuyasha put an arm around her shoulders. She had known he has standing there . He decided to say something about Sessshoumaru, Buddha knows he needed all the help he could get. He was handsome but tactless apparently.

Kagome saw that look. She HATED that look, the Don Juan look.” He was looking out for the peace of the worl-”

“ Before you finish that sentence, remember the time he locked you and Kikyou in the broom closet when you were in there knocking boots”

“And he cares about y-”

“You two were trapped for three hours, since it was the new moon.”

“Grr, and you know he trus-”

“ AND Sesshoumaru decided to open the door after you and Kiki decided to just do it again, since you weren’t going anywhere.”

“Gods! AND HE WOULDN’T HURT Y-”

“And your father, Sesshoumaru , Naraku , Kagura, and I saw you both naked.”

“Your right, dick boy can fight his own battles. Later, have fun .”

She smiled, another victory for the K-Force.

Hiei turned the corner , resplendent in a black dress shirt, suit jacket, and pants. He wore a black fedora with a white rim. So hot!

She smiled genuinely .”You look real nice Hiei.”

The reaction was what she expected. ”I am capable of civil dress, Onna.”

She laughed, before extending a hand. He took it, looking a little more tense then the fist time they met. She released a calming aura, hoping to get him to relax. They started off down the street. No more then a block later, Hiei lifted her bridal style and used his speed. She felt a head rush as they sped past cars and coffeehouses , cities and towns, and finally, they reached the beaches of the island.

She sat down on a conveniently placed bench, staring out into the green-blue of the sea. Hiei joined her in a friendly silence. After getting her fill of the pristine landscape, her expressive grey eyes landed on his ruby ones.

“Why did you ask me out Hiei? If it isn’t impolite to ask?”

He stared at her striking features for a moment ,before answering.” It is impolite to ask, but I think I should answer, so we are clear. I do not do this. Not at all really. So yes, I am a unpolished ,sarcastic ,caustic, and rude ,demon. Not that your not used to that. “ He looked slightly unnerved , before continuing with fervor.” But I want to know if I can see you.”

She was shocked. The koorime never showed this interest before! She was flattered, a small fluttering in the pit of her stomach. Nobody had ever said something so sweet to her and actually meant it. She could feel the sincerity in his aura, and the truth in his eyes. They seemed to glow with the darkness.. Those eyes..

They didn’t even realize they were touching lips until Kagome tentatively licked his lips. He had never known a woman’s kiss before. It felt strangely… comforting. Soft and sweet, like the euphoria of winning a battle or the exhilaration of using his speed. Yet somehow, it was even better then that.

Hiei wrapped his arms around her, afraid to hurt her, as most demons were. Letting his hands slide lightly on the soft wool material of her shirt, he felt the delicate curve of her spine. He lost himself in the soft quiet of this. Now he realized what Yusuke was always going on about. This was the best thing he had felt in a long time. One of his hands buried itself in her midnight hair.

She basked in Hiei’s warmth, letting the rippling sensation run through her spine.She felt like a cat, being petted by her beloved master. Something about the sureness of his feelings and the soft touches he showered her with made her feel special. She realized she had to breathe, breaking the kiss with a slight nip to his lower lip.

He watched her breathe, little pants that somehow made him want her even more. No woman had this hold on him, this all consuming desire to keep her safe and happy and sated.

She cracked open her eyes, giving him a smile. ”Wow.”

He felt himself grow hard at this exclaimation, as if all he was waiting for was her approval. She felt drawn into those hypnotic eyes.

That is, until she felt someone grab her arm and yank her up.

Sesshoumaru glared at the Koorime before summoning his youki cloud, taking Kagome away from her starry eyed demon before either could blink. Hiei growled low in his throat. Everyone was always out to get him, and now he could prove it .

He would get her back.

Kagome kicked and screamed at Sesshoumaru to put her down, but it was no use. He kept an iron grip on her, and even zapping him with her magic wasn’t affecting him in his anger. She bellowed at his Royal Jerkiness to let her go, to no avail.

When Sesshoumaru finally reached her house he ripped the door off the hinges threw her inside and pulled the door into place behind him .Kagome was about to make her protest more vocal, before seeing those beautiful eyes clouded red and pupils aqua. Afraid, she decided to let him vent his frustration, before letting her own anger ravage her.

He tried to reign in his temper, not wanting to hurt Kagome, even though she had betrayed him brutally. So instead he decided to speak his mind.” I didn’t know that you whored yourself for every nice looking demon in the area.”

She hissed in anger, her hands shaking .”I didn’t know you were an ass who didn’t trust me to uphold the honor of this family. But you did. And I like Hiei! I’m allowed to love whomever I wish you prick!”

He grabbed her elbow, letting a harsh noise fill his usually soft voice.” You kiss me, then play me for the fool!”

She yanked her arm out of her painful grasp, before bellowing.” I’m not the one who gave this up Sesshoumaru! You did, when you couldn’t trust me! I have never been on Kikyou’s side ever, yet you insisted on making me look the fool to satisfy your damned paranoia! Hiei told me how he felt up front ! He has more honesty then you ever will!”

“ Well, maybe I would trust you if you weren’t such a idiot all the time, trying to defeat things that you cannot overcome, being a naïve little idiot over Naraku and the things he has done! All you ever do is screw up, you stupid little child!”

They both were silent then, feeling the horrible things they both said. Kagome felt the tears stinging her eyes as she raced up to her bedroom, hiding from the only person she had ever truly trusted.

Sesshoumaru stared blankly were his best friend had gone, his eyes burned, but not with tears, with regret for the horrible things he said. He could not unsay them though. They both had too much pride for that. He didn’t know if he had any chance now.

He had torn out his heart and now he burned for it’s replacement. Why did he let this fury control him? Was he really just a mindless beast? He saw the damage he had done to her home. He fixed the door before he left, a lost feeling coming over him, like the last piece of the puzzle was his to figure out. How could she forgive him? How could he forgive her?

The next morning Kagome awoke to the phone ringing, and she groggily answered it, her tears had left salty tracks down her face .”Mmm, hello?”

“How does it feel to be an outcast, Kagome? Watch your back.”

The line went dead, Kagome hung it up and called Sango at work.

“Go-chan, Kikyou just called and threatened me.”

Two hours later, Hiei, Kurama, Sango, and the detectives who were investigating the call had invaded, and Kagome wished she had let Kikyou’s threat slide.

Kurama couldn’t go anywhere without Hiei, and seeing as he had an interest in Kagome as well, she had to endure the fox’s polite conversation. She wasn’t good at it, she was used to people like Hiei and Inuyasha, and the quiet niceness made her uncomfortable, as loony as it sounded.

Hiei stared at her shamelessly, and while it lit a fire inside her she had never felt before, it also drew the stares of everyone else. Kagome returned his stare with fervor, letting the sensation of being trusted and happy soothe her restless soul. He wanted to ask her what happened, but felt she would tell him eventually.

Twenty minutes after the tracing equipment was hooked up another call came. Kagome picked it up with apprehension….

“ You will die, if you interfere. Let the lords die, so we miko may rule again. We will purge their sick taint from our society! Nothing more then a black spot in history! If you side with them you die with them Kagome! Don’t be a fool!”

Kagome hung up on the miko, angry at the hatred the woman felt for people who were just like her. Different personalities, different beliefs. How could she justify hurting youkai?

Hiei and Kurama heard everything, they remained quiet though. The phone rang for the third time that day. Kagome reached picked it up and heard what she had expected.” You side with evil? So mote it be.”

She felt the phone hit the cradle as she sat down stiffly, hoping her shock didn’t register on her face. “ She’s gone nuts.”

Inuyasha stood in the doorway a smile on his face. “ What you expect wench, she tried to get with this prissy boy, of course she is nuts.”

Kurama simply ignored Inuyasha and his rude comments. He asked to use her toiletries and disappeared to the bathroom. Hiei, seeing her alone for the first time, walked over to her and took her upstairs to her room.

“ I want sleep with you.”

AN: MUAHAHAHA, you didn’t see it coming! Review please. I’m a praise whore.