Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Referee ❯ The Battle Begins. ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thank you, while I didn’t get as any reviews as I wanted.( a gazillion really is a high standard lol) I would like to thank those who took the time. Really, even a “you suck” review is accepted. Oh, and I take anonymous reviews. Well, my muse was trying to make me a homicidal maniac over this waiting period. My cousins wife had her baby and there were complications. I was too busy taking care of the twins and worrying to think of this chapter. I apoligis There will be a intense battle scene and a death in this chapter. Don‘t bitch. It wasn’t planned. Props to Darkmiko89, who updated Tears. It is now three chapters long, at media miner.Read it Bitches! Lol. I am listing her as my writing inspiration for this chapter. Thank you for pulling me out of my funks, you’re a great beta.

Disclaimer: ::watches as cops with video cameras escort Miroku Kurama Hiei and Sesshoumaru from her basement:: Damn, they put the “dis” in disclaimer, don’t they ? : gets prodded with the barrel of a cops gun:: Fine I don’t own them, damn. Keep your panties on!

The Referee


By A Phantom Moon.

Sex should be wild. Unfettered and free. We're animals, aren't we? And, basically, we're all wolves in sheep's fur. I always wanted more. Not frequency, I am not talking about frequency; although that would have been great, too. I wanted more intensity. I wanted to be out there, outside myself, outside my skin. I wanted sex to be like robbing life out of the jaws of death! Robin Green, Northern Exposure, Goodbye to All That, 1991

The shaft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle's own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction. Aesop, The Eagle and the Arrow
Greek slave & fable author (620 BC - 560 BC)




Kagome was busy.

That was all she could say to describe herself at that moment. After Lord Kouga’s capture, they had tried to track down the other two. Kikyou had them. All except the avatar lord Kurama. She was trying to find their hideout, even though she was under heavy guard and surveillance. She trusted Hiei to watch over Kurama-sama, but she still worried. What could that twisted bitch do to capture the lords? They were the strongest of demons ( hence their titles). The security had slowed down her searching, reporting everything to that scumbag, Koenma, who wasn’t even HER supervisor.

She looked over maps, written statements ,everything! She couldn’t find any possible thing to find the stupid bitch! She sighed. Life just wasn’t on her side today. She thought of Kouga, the poor oaf, and of Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, and Naraku. While her and Sesshoumaru were fighting, Naraku was a pain, Inuyasha wasn’t really tactful, and Kouga was thicker then the glass bubble around the pope’s car… She loved them all so much.

She still remembered the day she heard of their capture.

************************************************************************ ************************************************************************

(Flashback)

Kagome They had just gotten back from the hospital, and Hiei and Kurama had sped off to a more secure location. Kagome was tuckered out, and let Inuyasha walk her to her door.

“ Please, be careful Inuyasha. I don’t want her to hurt you. “

“Keh, wench, if the bitch could hurt me she would have alright? Besides, I wouldn’t leave you all alone in this world with my googily eyed father and my deranged, psychopathic, Kiisama brother, Lord Snowball.”

She laughed, letting some of the stress taper out of her beautiful eyes, which reminded Inuyasha of the sea, when it would churn and swallow pathetic humans.” Alright then, keep safe.”

He laughed, revealing a tiny pearly white fang with his trademark smirk.” I wont let the crazy crack ho get me I promise.”

************************************************************************ ************************************************************************

The next day, when Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha left for their safe house, they had attacked. Kagome had been under orders to stay in her home, and wasn’t even given the location of their hideaway. All she knew was somewhere between Tokyo and their destination, they had been captured.

She had tried in vain to get the inu boys’ father to give her information on Kikyou, but unfortunately he was already in a safe location. She studied maps and scrolls all night, her untidy hair pulled into a stern bun as she fought for the information she couldn’t find.

Eventually she fell asleep there, her face smudged with ink and her aura screaming exhaustion.



The next morning the door banged open so loudly Kagome jerked back in the deskchair. It toppled over, carrying her down to the floor and whacking her against the hard tile.
“Unless an atomic bomb went off and you need me to heal a bunch of flipper children, you better get the FUCK out!”

She had her eyes clenched closed, rubbing her head when two strong arms gripped her shoulders. The arms lifted her onto her feet and into the embrace of a very ,very angry kitsune. Kurama’s eyes were fluctuating gold and green as he stared into hers.
“ He has been taken. And your going to find him!”

She didn’t need anymore information then that. A thought slammed into her brain like a feight train. “ She’s not getting the lords! She’s taking my friends. She’s taking everyone close to me.”

The Lord nodded, as Yusuke, Yukina, Botan, and Kuwabara slammed into the home.

“Goddamn Kurama! You cant go flying the fuck off like that just because Hiei ain’t here!”

Kurama grabbed Kagome’s collar, his eyes settling on gold as he pulled her down into the car. She let him, for certainly if she had wanted to he would have been holdin nothing and rubbing burnt hands.

They arrived at a shrine. Kagome was skeptical as she marched up the steps, sighing by the time they reached the top, considering she had to wait for the stupid Kuwabaka and the snarling Yusuke.

After they got to the top, they entered the home, Kurama and the others first. Kagome was lucky she had opted for a nice comfy pair of back capris and a black tank top the day before. She was still in her comfy pink slippers, but she didn’t mind. She cautiously turned a corner, only to feel her senses scream at her as she almost purified the person they were looking for. “Kagome, this is Genkai.”

Kagome bowed at the sound of that name. The famous miko and fighter had been one of Kagome’s biggest influences, other then Midoriko-sama herself. Genkai made a motion for the girl to stand, before doing something unexpected. She turned to Yusuke, and bashed him on the back of the head. “ What did I say about unexpected guests, Dimwit! I could have purified your head off! Then how would we find Hiei, hm?”

Yusuke rubbed his head as Genkai led Kagome to her dojo. They folded their legs Indian style, as Genkai, Kagome, Yukina, and Botan sat in a circle. “ We think we know what Kikyou is doing, Kagome” Genkai stated, obviously not wasting any time. “ She wants you, or rather, something you have. You probably guessed that part already. We think we may know the what and the why part.”

Genkai explained the Shikon. A jewel that every miko knew. When she was finished describing Midoriko’s battle and the disappearance of the jewel though, the real tale began.

“ The jewel was supposedly housed in the heart of a miko. Everytime one miko of this line would die, it would pass to her female or male descendants. May I ask.. Do you have a tattoo?”

Kagome was creeped out now. She pulled the Capri’s up to the top of her thigh, and showed off a small tattoo. It depicted a small white bird, nothing special. Even though Kurama Yusuke and Kuwabara where staring at it intently (I wonder why, pervs.)

Genkai drew in a deep breath, before prodding the thing lightly. It glowed a lavender white, the bird nipping at her finger, zapping her with energy as it retreated back into Kagome’s skin. A collective gasp filled the room. “ You’ll be able to find them with our help Kagome. You were chosen for this task and Kikyou knows it.”

Kagome gave her a puzzled look, and Genkai decided to explain .” There are signs, my dear. The chosen one will befriend demons, where most miko are at least fettered by chains of discrimination. She will love her total opposite and will be completely pure. Your doppelganger on the other hand will be tainted , weak, and hateful. Where you are loyal, she will betray, and where you are innocent she is anything but.”

“Do I win?” Kagome asked bluntly, her eyes betraying the slight anger she felt. How dare Kikyou take her friends for a stupid wish-granting jewel!
Genkai shrugged, before cuffing Kagome lightly on the back of her head, much like she did Yusuke. “ All the answers cant just be handed to you, girl. You have to take her on for yourself. See what happens. Now, you have three other powerful women, lets try a tracing spell on Kikyou.”


Kagome had never tried one, but tracing spells were difficult for humans. Miko rarely attempted because transmission of the soul was required. The mikos’ had to combine their power as they meditated, focusing on one person, the person they were trying to find. The mikos’ souls could combine during the search, which is why it was rarely attempted.

The females ushered the men out of the room, before sitting in a circle. While they had two non miko in the circle, power was more of the issue, not what kind. The women lit candles, putting one in each cardinal direction. They closed their eyes, each woman sitting Indian style, their hands clutched to their hearts. They projected their auras out, letting their awareness spread and overlap, a jumble of colors washing through their senses.

************************************************************************ ************************************************************************



Kagome felt her trance come over her, as the four women flew over miles of land and coastal ocean, to come across a small island off the coast of Japan. It was so small it couldn’t fit a mall, but apparently could fit a small compound. They dove right through it, their spirits watching in shock as the demons men had been strung up on the wall, the shackles holding their hands and feet, as they were subdued by pure energy. The evil woman, Kikyou was pouring just enough to paralyze, even though the shackles could hold a demon with no trouble. In Hiei’s case, much to Kagome’s horror, they had purified the Jagan from his brow, and just the Jagan. The large gash had half healed, sticky blood dripping into his eyes.

The women where crying as Sesshoumaru struggled, his eyes half red as Kikyou slapped the purity into him. Inuyasha was out, his hanyou self too weak to resist the power. Kouga was nowhere to be seen, which terrified Kagome. Has he been killed by this crazy woman?! Naraku was sporting a fat lip, the miko not coming to close to him, as he could absorb her in a heartbeat. She threw the ball of energy at him instead, effectively bug-zapping him, the cocky smile gone from his face as he convulsed in pain.

Kagome felt herself losing potency, considering her anguish, she had lost control on her corporeal self. She heard Genkai swear as she pulled them all out of the trance. They were all sobbing, Yukina was almost hysterical, clutching Kagome as she cried for her brother. “ Its not fair! I just found him and now I’m gonna lose him again!” She sobbed into Kagome’s shirt.

Botan looked furious, tears of aggression plaguing her, While Genkai sat, a swell of emotions in her eyes, while her face was a almost Sesshoumaru-like passiveness.

Kagome rubbed Yukina’s back, before lifting the girl from the floor, and placing her in Kuwabara’s arms. She shook with fury, Her hair levitating in the air as her lavender power flared, her eyes flashing a brilliant white as she left the flat, telling everyone to meet at her house as soon as possible. She disappeared in a flashing wave of white light.

She felt herself travel through the air, shifting back into human shape in her bedroom. She ripped the closet door off the hinges.

Weapons, bows, short swords, broad swords, daggers, throwing knives, long bows, short bows, whips, and lasso-like ropes hung around the closet which was devoid of clothing. Guns lined the walls as well, bullets in a small locked case at the bottom of the closet.

Kagome reached into the side, drawing out a pair of black hakama. She then drew a white, more form fitting haori. She pulled out her white obi, tying it.

She drew a whip, high quality leather with a rattlesnake like bunch at the end.She wrapped it securely in her obi. She drew out a strong lacquered arrow holder, unlike most, it strapped around her waist like a belt. She withdrew from the left side of the closet a bunch of arrows, perfectly crafted. After dropping them, tip first into the holder , she drew a different one. She took this white arrow and grinned maniacally. She grabbed a longbow, made of strong wood, she checked to make sure it was tight, poised and ready for action. Laying the other arrow and the bow on her bed she reached in again .

She drew a high quality noose made of catgut . She latched it onto her obi as well, a grim smile on her face. Finally, she removed some armor. It strapped across her midsection, almost corset styled. She buckled it, letting the ivory armor, made from the bones of an ancient Taiyoukai (compliments of Sesshazu). It was finely detailed. She pulled an extra piece out, tying it securely. It was a shoulder piece, it attached, it had spikes that spiraled down her shoulder, ending at her bustline, so it protected her heart.

She took the bow, sliding it over her unspiked shoulder. She took the arrow into the kitchen, setting it on the counter she removed a pair of cleaning gloves. She opened a junk drawer, removing a vial of black liquid. She carefully poured the liquid onto the arrow, before placing a plastic cap over the top of it. She tucked it into the quiver, she reminded herself that it was the only arrow with white fletching.

She didn’t even twitch when the door busted open the second time that day. She returned to her room, grabbing the leather soft boots. She pulled them up over her knees, tucking her baggy hakama into them. Afterwards she reached into her closet for the last time, withdrawing boot plates. The boot armor was strapped on as well, completing the ensemble. She returned to her living room.

Youko Kurama, the avatars light haired and more deadly version, stood, clothed in white. Botan was clothed in a black cloak with gold headpeice, her cute little oar turned into a deadly scythe. Yukina stood, still in her normal clothing, her eyes puffy. “Kagome, I want to come with you! Don’t leave me here, I can heal, and I could fight.. Really! I need to be there! “ The girl babbled, until Kagome put a finger to her lips. She grabbed the girls hand, taking her back into the room. She equipped the beautiful ice maiden with a white haori , white hakama, and a small black piece of armor. It strapped over her shoulders, leaving room for breasts. It was like a petite armor vest. She then returned to her closet, returning with a simple pouch of throwing daggers and a whip.


“Do you know how to charge these with your ice powers?”

The girl nodded, awe in her eyes as she stared at the once giggly girl, who so suddenly turned into a hard warrior. She attached Yukina’s new weapons before returning to the living room. She nodded to Genkai, who wore a miko uniform, a bland look on the pink haired woman .Kagome reached into a compartment in the coffee table, which for some odd reason, held a beautiful sword.

Kagome revealed a predatory smile, not knowing Youko was trying not to pounce on the beautiful vision of death before him.

“Let’s go teach the Bitch a lesson.”


************************************************************************ ************************************************************************


Kikyou felt the pain of the demon before her, a sick grin spreading on her face. Inuyasha opened a beaten eye, wondering how he ever thought the woman attractive. She looked like Kagome, but inside herself burned a sick wonton soul, bent on consuming good and twisting it into something perverse and gruesome, lived on.

He winced as she came forward, running a hand down his chest.

“ Your little miko will come. I look forward to regaining what she had stolen from me.”


************************************************************************ ************************************************************************


Kagome and the others approached the building, checking for barriers, Genkai and Kagome shook their heads. Yukina and the others followed, and once they were inside the building, Kagome grabbed Yukina’s shoulders. “ Would you construct a barrier for us? I want to get all these usurpers in one fell swoop. No fuck-ups.”

The girl nodded, creating a invisible barrier. Kagome withdrew her katana, striking at the barrier fiercely. It didn’t waver under her pure energy. She smiled, and they continued further. They had no illusions as to what they were walking into, Yusuke and Kuwabara, who Kagome had ignored in the apartment, where standing ready to fight, as they ran through the halls. They didn’t run into opposition until they neared the room they had seen in the vision. Suddenly, what Kagome figured was a bat demon, swooped into view, his large black wings flapping as he descended to block their way.

“Kuronue….”

Youko had whispered, his eyes filled with pain. Kagome knew what this was. When Lord Youko had reigned in the old days, his advisor was Kuronue, a very intelligent bat demon. This was his homunculus, apparently. Kagome was about to blast him with pure ki, until Botan stepped foreward, her scythe shimmering. She listened, as the womans voice cam in stereo.

“ Kuronue, your soul was ripped from the peace of death. Your mind warped into the image this kuromiko desired. For this transgression, she will pay.” The blue haired woman sliced Kuronue with her scythe, Kagome wrapping strong arms around Youko to keep him from attacking her. The bat demon smiled, before falling to dust, which disappeared when Botan snapped her fingers.

“ This woman will pay for meddling in my domain.”

They continued into the elaborate room. Their friends attached to the walls like treasured possessions. They all reserved themselves, as Kikyou approached from a gilded chair she had placed in the center of the large stadium like structure. What surprised them was the two who stepped into the light, one on her left hand, one on her right.

Kouga, and Keade.

Kagome growled, before drawing a whip. “ Why have you betrayed us, Kouga! Is this bitch worth it?!”

Kouga smirked, before speaking.” She wanted me, Kagome. Unlike a certain miko I know.”

Kagome understood now. He was so sick! Just like Inuyasha, he had chosen Kikyou, because she was the closest thing to Kagome he could receive. He had betrayed the other lords, and all for this worthless piece of puss. “ And you, Keade?”

The old woman bowed to Kagome.” I love my sister, Kagome. It will be an honor to take the shikon from such a worthy protector.”

************************************************************************ ************************************************************************


Soon they were all entangled in a battle, Keade trying to kill the demons while Kouga worked Yusuke and Kuwabara. He was too fast for their techniques to work, his swift feet carrying him from danger. Botan was trying to get to Keade, to keep her from purifying the demonic part of their team. The old woman suddenly drew a symbol in the air. Next thing Botan knew, Youko was attached to the wall, chains draining his energy .

Kagome watched as she lost another teammate. She was busy trying to help both sets at once. She watched Kikyou smirk ,as Kouga beat Kuwabara into unconsiousness. The girl finally had enough. She pumped her purity into her whip, slashing the wolf demon with it. He went down, his Achilles tendon salshed. Kagome nodded to Genkai, who had been helping with the Keade situation. She went forward to beat the whore into a bloody pulp, her boots echoing on the stone.

“ Now Kagome, you wouldn’t want me to hurt your precious lovers, would you?”

Kagome glared at the bitch, before eying the wall, a look of absolute rage on her face. The chains, they weren’t just normal chains. They were all attached to Kikyou’s life energy. So if she died… they died.

Kagome withdrew her sword, pointing it Kikyou’s direction. “ You and I will battle, Kikyou. It is written, and it shall be. If I win, you will lose what you have of mine. And If I lose, you take what you want.”

Kikyou giggled that obnoxious giggle, her traditional miko grab annoying everyone as she had somehow found a way to make it revealing.” But Kagome darling, I have your friends. You are in no position to make dema-” The woman was cut off when Kagome ran forward and choked her letting her pure energy cut the link of the chains. The men fell to the found, unconscious and drained.

Kagome let the squirming Kikyou go, who rasped at her.” It doesn’t matter, your little pets aren’t here to help you now, bitch!”

Kagome looked over to find that Yukina had sealed Keade into a strong barrier, one that the miko couldn’t break. The old woman really didn’t give much of a fight.

Kagome growled at Kikyou, motioning for her group to stand back.” Now its time to finish what you started, Kikyou. You’ll never steal anything from me again!”

************************************************************************ ************************************************************************


Kagome shook beads of sweat from her face as she fought. Kikyou was formidable, when she drained all her enemies of strength that is. Kagome had finally resorted to swordsmanship, after whips, knives and hand fighting had gotten them nowhere. She thrusted at the Miko, the slam of steel on steel making her shiver in delight. She loved a good battle. Kikyou gasped under the pressure of the blade.


The Kuro Miko then screeched. It was unearthly. Suddenly Naraku started to convulse, a wave of dark energy entering him. The next thing Kagome knew, the room was ful of demons, who were fighting her comrades.Yukina muttered a spell, a barrier protecting her brother and the other fallen men. The sound of snaping whips and the clash of flesh on flesh filling the stadium like building. Kagome and Kikyou had a large circle to themselves however, considering Kagomes lavender and Kikyuos hot red power was flaring around them, killing off stray demons.

“ So, you think killing my friends will make me weak!”

Kagome locked swords with the woman, as they both tried to gain the upper hand. Their hands were sweaty and they were both shaking from exhaustion. Kagome knocked the sword from Kikyous hands, her rage supressing her common sense.

“ How dare you kill Naraku!” She raised the sword, driving it into Kikyou’s stomache.

She looked down, the rage shifting into pity as Kikyou looked up at her, blood bubbling from her lips.” They always wanted you, loved you. Now for once.. I win.”

Kagome didn’t see the demon, she didn’t see the knife the was driven through her side, into her lung.

Yukina watched in awestruck horror as Kagome fell upon Kikyou’s body, the demons Kikyou had called from Naraku withered away, now that she didn’t have the energy to revive them. Yukina dropped the barriers, her lavender and light pink streaked hair flying as she descended upon Kagome.

“No! Kagome wake up! You gave me my family back! Please!” Yukina felt her tears falling, her healing energy being rejected. The miko was already dead, her light fading from the land of the living. Yukina hugged the woman to her, while Genkai picked up the sword Kagome had used to kill Kikyou.

There on the side of the katana, was an inscription:

Hw long must we two wait before we’re one?

It was still stained with Kikyou’s blood.


************************************************************************ ************************************************************************


An: Now all isn’t as it seems, so please put those blunt objects down. I had to do it. Review, this was ten pages, people! I usually do five lol. But this just came to me. Do you want Kagome back?