Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Story ❯ report card ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Sit!"

Crash.

Bam.

Boom.

Kagome looked down into the newly formed Inuyasha shaped hole in the ground, she sighed. "I will only be gone for 3 days, ok?" With that she jumped down into the well. She said "good bye Inuyasha. Remember, 3 days." then was engulfed by a blue light.

The miko had grown accustomed to this light and this well during the past year and a half and it no longer scared her as it did that day so long ago. It was on her 15th birthday, a time of happiness. The day she had been thrown into feudal Japan. She had seen him for the first time that fateful day. A young man with silver hair and dog-ears, resting peacefully on the side of a tree, covered in vines for the past 50 years. This was Inuyasha, the man she would grow to love, even if she would only admit it to her self.

She landed with a thud on the cold ground of the ancient well. The young woman grabbed her oversized backpack and threw it over her back, which caused her to fall backwards from the weight. "Urg! I've got to empty this thing out some day." And with that she began to climb the ladder that her mom had put in for her. When she got out of the well she heard voices outside and put her ear to the door of the well house to listen, she knew those voices! It was her grandpa and Hojo. Kagome sighed and thought to her self, `what story is he making up this time?' Opening the doors she looked out and snuck up behind her grandpa as Hojo was walking away.

"Thank you for delivering this. I will be sure to tell her for you!" grandpa said

"Ah ahem" She yelled loudly, causing grandpa to jump.

The old man turned around to face his grand daughter, "Oh, Kagome you're home. Good to see you"

"Yea yea. What ridiculous story did you make up this time?" she said, looking down on the old man.

"I would do no such thing! By the way Hojo came to tell you that you will have to go into school on Monday to pick your new classes."

"New classes! What the…. the marking period ended already!?!?!? But, but… I didn't even get to make up my missed work yet! How could I have forgotten? Stupid Kagome!" She ran into the house talking to herself about how stupid she was for forgetting to come home to make up her work. When she was in the house she bumped into her brother, but was too lost in her thoughts to notice him.

"Hello, Earth to Kagome. Come in." Souta was waving his hand in front of his sister's face trying to get her attention and she finally realized what was happening.

"Oh. Hi Souta, where is mom?"

"In the kitchen, by the way you got your report card today. She has it"

"Ok thanks" she ran in to the kitchen to find her mom.

"Can I see my report card?"

"Nice to see you too dear"

"Oh, sorry. Hi mom." She kissed her mother hello

"That's better. How is the search going?"

"Good, we still have less shards then Naraku though. But can I see my report card?"

"Sure. Here you go. I have some bad news for you though"

"Can you tell me later? I want to call my friends after I look at my grades"

"Ok."

Kagome left and jumped on to the couch in the living room, turned on the TV and opened the envelope with her grades in it. She stared for a minute before dropping the paper on to the table and standing up.

Speaking to herself she began to talk "Ok, I am going to start spending more time studying in this world whether Inuyasha likes it or not." With that she walked upstairs to go call her friends.

After she left Sota looked at her grades. "Ouch! Even I get better grades then that."