Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Time Traveler Meets Spirit Detective ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho.

-----------------------

Chapter 6 - Arguments

Inuyasha's ears were flat on his head in anger. His instincts were telling him to fight, and he almost wished he could give into them. The two demons hanging around were bad enough, but then there was this human boy who was staying in Kagome's house! That was unbearable. Fortunately he was turned from these thoughts when another familiar scent reached his nose.

Inuyasha turned with narrowed eyes to the house, already getting ready to come down on the young kitsune for running off that way, especially with a shard! He was stopped suddenly when he noticed Shippo's attention was no where near him. In fact, he was staring at the demon who had pulled a rose out of his hair. Inuyasha almost laughed at the memory, until it came to the part where that rose had turned into a deadly weapon.

Inuyasha now turned to look at the demon, and found him to be staring back at Shippo. Inuyasha growled, trying to get someone's attention. The two continued to look at each other, in surprise, and now studying each other to see if it was real. Inuyasha growled louder. He did get the attention he wanted, just not from who he wanted.

Kagome, hearing Inuyasha's second growl, had turned to look. For a minute, she was puzzled as to why. Then she looked at the two kitsunes, and she smiled, glancing between them. At least, she thought he was a kitsune, he seemed a bit off. There hadn't been many kitsunes around on their journey, and by Shippo's expression, he obviously had not thought to find one in the future. Especially one that also seemed a bit human. Kagome shook her head in confusion, but she had been assured everything would be explained.

"Shippo! Why don't you come here and meet some friends of Yusuke's?"

Shippo was startled from his thoughts by his surrogate mother's voice. He took another glance at the kitsune who also smelled human, then took off running towards Kagome. He bounded into her waiting arms, breathing in the familiar scent before jumping to her shoulder to observe the older kitsune boy.

"Kagome, who is he?"

Kagome smiled, and turned her head slightly towards him, observing how Kurama seemed just as curious about Shippo. She motioned to Kurama as she explained.

"Shippo, this is Kurama, a friend of Yusuke's. By the way, while you were sleeping I found out his story was true, though he seemed to have left out a few things."

'As did I...There's still a lot that needs to be talked about, but we'll get to it eventually.'

"And Kurama, this is Shippo, our kitsune companion in the jewel hunt I was beginning to explain."

Kurama gave a small smile and a slight bow. "Pleased to meet you."

Shippo grinned and blue eyes peered into green. "Yeah, you to. Why do you smell like both a kitsune and a human? It's not like a hanyou scent...it's both human and demon."

Kurama hesitated briefly, then shrugged inwardly. "I am a kitsune spirit in a human body."

Shippo looked like he was about to ask more questions when one clawed hand reached for his tail and ripped him off of Kagome's shoulder.

"Runt! What did you think you were doing, running off with a jewel shard?" Inuyasha growled, deciding to take his fury out on the poor little kit.

Kurama looked shocked for an instant, then slightly angry. The poor child had been doing nothing but trying to chat, and this rude hanyou seemed to be taking out his displeasure on the other kitsune. His eyes trailed to the girl, and he frowned. Why did either of these two travel with him?

"Inuyasha! Let him go! Sit!"

Kurama hid a smile as the hanyou slammed into the ground, the kitsune cub jumping clear at the last second to turn around to look at the fallen hanyou. The cub shook his head, glaring at the half dog demon boy in red.

"Inuyasha! Someone had to go get Kagome, and you would have been sulking for days before you came to get her if I hadn't left. Why are you such an idiot?"

Inuyasha growled as the words hit a little close to home. True, whenever he made a mistake, he did tend to go think things through...but he was NOT sulking. Inuyasha snarled, brandishing his claws threateningly.

Shippo gulped and quickly ran back over to the relative safety of Kagome. Kagome glared at Inuyasha, speaking calmly.

"Sit."

She frowned, feeling her miko powers growing along with her anger, and pushed it all back. She'd have to talk to Kaede about learning to control her power. Despite how annoying he was sometimes, she didn't want to accidentally purify him just because her powers were maturing.

"Inuyasha, you have no right to that jewel shard, so the only people who could possibly have a problem with Shippo would be Miroku and Sango. The jewel shards you have a right to were stolen by your undead girlfriend."

Before Inuyasha could retort, Kurama cleared his throat, looking at Kagome questioningly.

"Excuse me, but we have not been told much about your missions. All we know is that the jewel is broken, and that you travel back in time. Could you please explain more about your two friends here, and how close the jewel is to being finished?"

Kagome grimaced, remembering that the jewel was close to being finished, unfortunately it wasn't their group who had collected most of the shards by now. She opened her mouth, getting ready for a long explanation.

"Don't you dare wench! We don't need any one else trying to get a hold of MY jewel. We're going back through the well now, and none of these weaklings are getting in our way."

Yusuke, Hiei, and Kuwabara all objected to being called weak, Yusuke and Kuwabara loudly. Hiei on the other hand, simply pulled out his sword and had it at the hanyou's throat before Inuyasha even realized that the fire apparition had moved.

"I suggest you watch your tongue before I cut it out half-breed."

Kagome took an unintentional step backwards. 'Wow. He's faster than Sesshoumaru. And as quick to anger as Inuyasha apparently. How am I supposed to stop them now?'

Inuyasha had been shocked at to feel the sword at his throat. Without really realizing just how much faster Hiei was, Inuyasha immediately jumped back, taking out Tetsusaiga. He swung the sword at the fire apparition haphazardly, and quickly found he wasn't hitting anything.

Kurama watched Hiei carefully, seeing that the fire apparition would stop dodging soon and probably attack. The miko girl would not subdue the halfling for fear he would be injured.

"Hiei, we are not supposed to be fighting with the miko's friends. If anything, we should be helping, not trying to kill them."

Kurama waited, and saw Hiei stop, glaring at him. Hiei then turned his glare to the hanyou, and sneered. "He's not worth the energy anyway."

Yusuke sighed in relief. He really didn't like the guy either, but Yusuke wasn't really sure about what the rules would be in killing a half human. Besides that, he still wanted to see the hanyou's reaction to his suggestion. Yusuke grinned, if he had a fit over Kagome simply trying to tell the story, he would probably die from shock if it were suggested they all go through the well.

With that in his mind, he spoke to his group cheerfully. "Hey you guys, if you really want to know the story, why don't we just go through the well and see it all for ourselves?"

Kuwabara looked confused for an instant, then slowly nodded, seeming to think about it. Hiei simply stared at Yusuke, but he glanced at the well, and his eyes narrowed to slits. Supposedly, demons had roamed free in the time period the jewel was shattered in. Hiei smirked, for once the Detective had suggested a good idea.

Kurama looked doubtful. "I admit to be curious, but we are supposed to be guarding the well Yusuke. You perhaps should go, but the rest of us? For that matter, how does this well even work? Will we be able to get through?"

Kagome looked uneasily at Inuyasha, whose mouth had dropped open at the suggestion, and who seemed to be trying to form coherent words. She took advantage of this to explain the well.

"I'm not sure exactly how it works. On my fifteenth birthday, a centipede youkai pulled me in, I believe it was from the Feudal Era. And a short time after that, Yura's hair came through the well to attack us. Yet one time Shippo couldn't get through. There was a tree in the well at that point."

Kagome rambled on, mostly thinking out loud. Somewhere during this Inuyasha seemed to come out of his daze and objected--loudly.

"Oh, Hell No! No way, wench. They are not coming! What are you thinking Kagome? Like we need anymore trouble!"

"Come on Inuyasha! We need all the help we can get. I think that Naraku has most of the jewel at the moment is proof enough at that!"

Inuyasha's ears flattened to his head, remembering that Kikyou had given most of the Shikon to Naraku, for reasons of her own. That had hurt, yet he still trusted her. He couldn't shake himself of that trust, or that love. Whatever the reason for taking their most recent two jewel shards, she must be doing it to get at Naraku somehow. That was the only explanation.

"It's not like you can stop us anyway dog-boy."

Yusuke interrupted Inuyasha's self-assurances, and Inuyasha raised his head with a growl. Kagome grimaced, and she stepped quickly between Yusuke and Inuyasha, signaling for Inuyasha to stop by holding up one hand.

"Please Inuyasha? I'll stay for two whole weeks! Come on, it would be nice to have some people from my time, and I'm sure you can sense they're far from weaklings. Even I can sense that, and I'm not even trained!"

Inuyasha looked thoughtful as she mentioned two weeks. Two weeks of no going home. But he went back to looking angry when he realized that she had said she would enjoy company from her time. Golden eyes slid to the boy behind her, who had been introduced as Yusuke. His scent was all over her house. Maybe she enjoyed the company from her time a little too much.

Kagome watched the emotions flicker across his face and turned to Yusuke, shaking her head.

"Don't even say it Kagome. I said I was coming, and if dog-boy doesn't want us to come, too bad for him."

Kagome looked between Inuyasha and Yusuke and rolled her eyes, flinging her arms into the air. "Fine! No one listens to me anyway, I'll just go pack!"

She stomped back into the house, muttering about stubborn boys while packing up extra supplies. So much for catching up on schoolwork. Well, at least she'd get back a few days before her vacation was over so she'd have some time to study.

~~Spirit World~~

Botan and Koenma were watching the boys argue on the screen. Kagome had gone inside, and immediately everyone had started talking. Except for Hiei, who was presently leaning against the well house, watching in disinterest.

"You know Botan, Yusuke actually has the right idea for once. If they complete the jewel and get it back to this time, I'm sure I know of a way to seal her well. Then they can get on to the next part of the mission."

Botan looked at him in surprise. "The next part sir?"

"Yes Botan. After the jewel is completed, we certainly can't let the hanyou have it. It belongs in this time, and there's something we may need it for soon. Why don't you go tell the boys they'll be camping in the past? Oh yes, you're going too."

Botan stared at Koenma, searching his face to see if he was serious. She gulped, and shook her head slightly in disbelief. "We need it for something? Wait, why am I going?"

Koenma ignored the first question, skipping to the second one. "For two reasons. One, because your healing powers may be needed. For another, I want you to take some of the old scrolls that were written by old miko's to teach the younger ones. Give them to Kagome, and help her as much as you can. I don't know how much she knows, but by what you've told me, so far she's only used arrows. See if you can get her to access her healing powers, and be able to channel her powers through her hands."

Botan recovered from her shock, and looked at Keonma carefully. He was acting a bit oddly. She shrugged it off, and decided to make the best of this situation. "All right sir! I guess I'll go tell the boys then. Poor Kurama, it's probably one of the few arguments he'll ever lose."

~~~Back at Kagome's House~~~

Kurama was indeed slightly disappointed that he seemed to have lost the argument, but he eagerly looked forward to seeing the past. Botan had gone in to talk to Kagome, seeing her struggling with an overly large yellow backpack.

"Hello again Kagome! What's that for?"

Kagome looked up, startled, and dropped the backpack to the ground.

"Botan? What are you doing here? Oh, this? It's what I use in the Feudal Era to carry around my schoolwork, food, clothes, bath stuff, ramen, chocolate for Shippo, my cooking supplies..."

"Really? That's all huh?"

Botan was grinning in delight, her eyes twinkling. She could see why the bag looked so heavy now.

"And you carry that all around the Feudal Era?"

Kagome grinned back, and nodded. "Yup, I started carrying this around soon after I began traveling back in time. I found it useful. Built up some muscles to. Sometimes I think this thing weighs more than I do."

Botan put one hand beneath a strap, lifting it up. She quickly dropped it in surprise. "It may just at that. To answer your earlier question, I came here to tell the boys that Koenma thinks that going into the past is a great idea. And apparently, I'm going with you guys!"

Kagome looked delighted. "Really? That's great, another girl in the group! You'll like Sango I bet, but Miroku's a pervert."

Botan frowned, then smiled again, shrugging it off. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Here, let's go wait in the well house for the boys to be ready. I already transported some stuff they thought they'd need here, so they should be ready soon."

The two girls walked outside, Kagome shouldering the huge backpack, looking around and finding Inuyasha in a nearby tree. Sulking of course. Still, Kagome had been right, he could sense how strong they were. His main reason for sulking was simply that, even if he didn't want to admit it, it was his right to protect Kagome, and he didn't want any of these boys taking trying to take his place. Especially the one with the slicked back black hair.

In a few more minutes they were all standing in the well house, everyone except Hiei had a small backpack. Hiei simply glared at the slightly questioning look he got from Kagome. Kagome shrugged it off and smiled cheerfully. She glanced at everyone. Inuyasha had been sat and argued with until he had agreed they could come, but he still wasn't very happy about it.

Kagome took a deep breath. "Everyone ready? Try to keep in contact with each other, the jewel shards seem to have something to do with how the well works, perhaps it just activates when they're near. I'm not sure. But we might as well try."

Inuyasha went first, since he seemed to be able to pass through with or without jewel shards. Kagome gave a shard to Botan, and she and the two demons jumped through. Kagome peered downward.

"Apparently that worked."

She gathered Shippo in her arms, and looked to the two boys. "Time for us to go."

They jumped in, passing through blue swirling lights. Suddenly they landed on solid ground, natural light filtering in from above. Kagome quickly pulled herself up, both boys following quickly. They got to the tops, seeing everyone else had made it through safely. Kagome grinned broadly, making a sweeping gesture to encompass the world around them.

"Welcome to the Feudal Era everyone."

------------------------------

Yay! Review everyone, even if you've reviewed before. Thank you to those who did who were Mimi082008, kagome_rules, tbiris, Mija aka Maryann, allin656, christinatails, White Rose, iowa chic, and Alusiagrl3.