Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Follow Fate ❯ Chapter Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Disclaimer: The anime Inuyasha is not my property. This was written purely for fun and no profit was made.

Chapter 14

        Kagome dodged another swing from her father, barely missing the sharp blade as it swung past her. Her arms were growing tired, hell, she was growing tired. It seemed like they had been fighting, non stop, for weeks. Her bones protested all the extra exertion but their was no chance of resting.

        Kagome jumped again as Hades tried to slash at her with his sword. It seemed now that all she was doing was defending. She could never get a blow in without him dealing one first. Her determination was deteriorating even though she tried her hardest to stop it. She saw the smug look on his face, and she saw his eyes gleam with victory.

        With one last try, she blocked one of his sword with one of her swords and aimed for his stomach with her other one. He easily brought his second sword to block hers and managed to hit it out of her hand. It to skid on the floor a distance too far for Kagome to reach.

        Hades gleamed with triumph as he brought his sword to plunge in her side.

        Kagome gasped at the fierce pain the blow caused her. She felt the sword slide through her flesh, as if it was cutting paper. She watched horror stricken as he slowly pulled out the sword halfway to reveal blood on the blade... her blood.
 
He twisted the sword, causing the blade to twist through her side. Kagome gasped again with the horrible pain. Tears fell down her eyes.

        Hades smirked victoriously as he heard his daughter's cries of pain. He had won, and now no one could stop him. He savored the pain he saw on his daughter's face, the face that looked so hauntingly like Midoriko's. He twisted the blade again, enjoying her cry of pain as it shot through her mouth. He was getting his revenge, and who better to get his revenge on than his daughter? He slowly pulled the blade out only to drive it back in and twist it once more.

        Kagome's vision became cloudy, her eyes and head becoming dizzy. There was so much pain, and all she wanted was for it to all go away.
 
        In one quick move, he pulled the sword out of Kagome's body. Kagome reeled back at the force. She could only stand for a second before the pain shot through her legs. She collapsed to the floor, clutching her sides, trying to get rid of the pain.

        Her swords were forgotten at her side. She could feel the darkness creep over her mind. She half fought it and half wanted it to overtake her. She looked up at her father. He was smiling and looked very pleased with what he had done, pleased at the sight of his daughter hurt.

        "She'll never come back to you. She hates you. You'll never get her back." Kagome didn't know where she had gotten even the energy to even speak.

        Hades eyes became slits, he backhanded his daughter, causing her to fly back and hit the hard rock floor. "She'll come back to me. She's mine forever, no one will take her away from me, not even you!"

        Kagome ignored the pain that his slap had on her face. She instead slowly rose to a sitting position, looking him straight in the eye. "You'll never succeed. You'll never escape this hell. This is where you'll stay forever, this is where you'll stay alone, living with what you had built and made. You'll never be free and I'll have the pleasure of watching you suffer from above."

        Hades slapped her again, harder, too fast for Kagome to be able to block. "Shut up you little whore! I will escape this hell and then I'll be free to do what ever I want. I'll make sure you end up here, where I was forced to be for centuries. I'll make sure you suffer your whole life, just as I did. I'll make sure of it."

        Hades walked up to her, both swords in his hands, ready to kill at a moments notice. "You better prepare yourself my daughter, what I have in mind for you will be the most painful thing you experienced."

        "The most painful thing I've experienced is finding out your my father. Nothing could be more shameful or painful than that."

        Hades laughed. "That's what you think my daughter. You have yet to feel the true meaning of pain.

        He raised his sword over his head, ready to plunge them both in her heart.

        "Good bye my little daughter, I'm sure I'll be seeing you soon and I thank you for the jewel you'll be leaving behind once I kill you."

        Hades brought his sword down, aiming for Kagome's heart.

        Kagome closed her eyes, tears running down her face. At that moment, the faces of all her friends and families flashed through her face, but they stopped at one. She smiled softly at seeing Kurama's beautiful face with his warm gold eyes, and his soft white silky hair.

        Hades spotted the smile on her face and swore to wipe it off with this final blow.

        The swords came down fast and hard, just inches away from her skin, but just as the tip of one sword pierced Kagome's skin, Hades was thrown back by a powerful burst of energy.

---------------------------

   &nb sp;    Kurama had finally reached the door only to smell Kagome's blood. He touched the door only to find his hand burn at he the touch. Her blood's scent was coming stronger now and her aura was starting to fade.

        Kurama looked up and down over the door, trying to find another way in. He became frustrated when he didn't see any. When he heard the cry of pain, pass his love's lips, his anger rose off the scale. With a burst of energy he pushed the door open, managing to catch Hades off guard.

-----------------------------------------

 &n bsp;      At the sight of Kagome, he felt his heart constrict. With speed, only the god's possessed, he reached her, cradling her head in his lap. She looked so utterly fragile right then. He looked at the black and blue bruises that adorned her face and felt his anger rise. Her lips were bleeding, cracked and swollen. Her beautiful skin, was pale and deathly cold to the touch.

        Her hands were covered with cuts and blood flowed from the injury at her side. Her clothes were torn, ripped, and burned. He hated himself for not reaching her sooner, and for not saving her from all the pain he was sure she was feeling.

        He felt the tears flow from his eyes before he could stop them. He stroked her face lovingly, mindful of her bruises. "Kagome, look at yourself, what did you get yourself into my rose?"

        Kagome did not answer to his call, it looked like she hadn't even heard it. Kurama's tear grew stronger. They rolled down, each droplet disappearing under his chin. One of the drops managed to fall on Kagome's smooth cheek.

        Kagome could almost here Kurama's voice in her head. It seemed to be so close, he seemed to be so close. But she was telling herself it was just her imagination. But when she felt the warm tear drop hit her cheek, she knew she it wasn't her imagination.

        Kuram a watched her face for any reaction until finally he saw one of her eyes twitch until they fully opened. Kurama's tears ceased as he looked into familiar blue eyes. Happiness filled him at the sight of her awake.

        "Kagome." Kagome heard the whisper and shaking, reached a hand out to touch his face. She felt the warm skin under her fingertips and knew he was real.

        "Kurama." Kurama hugged her at the sound of her voice saying his name. His heart beat quickened with excitement.

        "Don't worry about me Kurama, just defeat him. I need you to defeat him for me Kurama. You have to."

        Kurama nodded, letting her know he understand. "I have a lot of things to tell you my little rose."

        "Did you know you were a god? It surprised me when I found out."

        Now questions were buzzing around in Kagome's head, she opted to answer his question instead."I assumed it, but I wasn't sure," Kagome said in a weak voice.

        "Do you know what my rose," Kurama said in a whisper, "So am I."

        Kagome's eyes widened considerably. How? So many questions buzzed through her head. But she could feel the darkness creep into her again. This time she didn't fight it. Knowing that Kurama was here meant she was safe. She slowly closed her eyes.

        "You better beat him Kurama. I expect good news when I open my eyes again."

        Kurama chuckled. "I promise to tell you only good news when you wake." Kagome nodded her head weakly, before slipping into unconsciousness.

        K urama set her head down gently on the floor. He was pleased to find that her wound had stopped bleeding. She was slowly healing herself.

        Slowly he got up and faced Kagome's father.

        Hades had watched the scene with disinterest as he slowly got to his feet, ignoring the slight stinging the surprised burst of energy had caused. This was just a minor set up in the plan. He would just kill this retched demon and be on with his plan. He doubted this demon could stand up to a powerful god as himself.

        Hades smirked at the hate and anger that filled the fox's eyes. "You shouldn't make promises that you can't keep, fox."

        Kurama watched Hades every move. He wanted to kill this man, torture him until he begged, and then kill him slowly and painfully. "I never make promises I can't keep. By the end of this fight, I expect you to be dead and gone from the face of this Earth."

        With no more words to say, they attacked, and the sounds of swords clashign once again filled the air.  
Thank you for the lovely reviews!
JD