Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Training ❯ Suprise! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: *checks mailbox* Nope, still don't own either Yu Yu Hakusho or Inu-Yasha. Thought I really wish I did. I do own Nina though, so if you want to use her talk to me first, ok? Thanks.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

This fanfic is for all the people who voted for Kagome and Hiei in my other fanfic, `Kagome in Spirit World.' Thanks to everyone. Everyone seems to really like it. Hope everyone likes this one too. ^-^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*

Kagome threw her huge, over sized backpack, out of the well and then climbed out after it. "Home." Kagome said to herself, and smiled. She grabbed her backpack, and went up the stairs of the well house. She opened the door, and saw "Oh great! It's raining!" she groaned. She grimaced, and then ran out of the well house to her house as fast as she could. She got to the front door, and pounded on it. The door was finally opened, and she saw her little brother. "Sheesh. Took you long enough, Sota." Kagome grumbled, as she walked in. "Nice to see you too sis. Mom!" Sota yelled "Kagome's home!"

"Hello dear." Mrs.Higurashi said, walking out of the kitchen. She smiled a bit at Kagome's wet appearance, and annoyed face. She went, and regardless of the fact the Kagome was soaking wet, hugged her. She grabbed Kagome's bag, and started heading back towards the kitchen. She paused, and turned back towards Kagome. "Why don't you go wash up, we'll be having dinner in a bit." Mrs.Higurashi said. "Okay" Kagome said. Kagome went and soaked for a while in the tub. "Ahhh." Kagome sighed blissfully. "Warm water."

Not long after, Kagome got out, and went up to her room. She sat at her desk, to start working on her homework. `It stopped raining.' She noted absently. She glared at the math problem in front of her. "I don't see why I need to learn any of this, it's not like I'll ever use it. Especially in the Feudal Era." Kagome grumbled to herself.

While Kagome was grumbling about math and evil math teachers, someone was running towards her house.

* I could be extremely evil, and leave off here. But I won't. I don't feel like leaving a cliffie.*

A figure ran up the stairs, and across the open area to her house. The person passed Grampa on the way to the house. "Hey gramps!" the person called as they waved and ran past. "I've told you not to call me that!" Grampa yelled after the figure, who just grinned. The person knocked on the door of the house. Sota paused the video game he was playing, and went to see who it was. He opened the door, and blinked, startled. "Ni-chan!" he yelled, hugging the girl standing in front of him.

*Yes, I know the nee-chan means sibling or what ever, this is kind of a play on words.*

"Hey Squirt." the girl said, ruffling his hair affectionately. "Is your sister home?" the girl asked. "Yeah" Sota nodded. He turned towards the stairs. "Kagome, Ni-chan's here!" he yelled. "She's upstairs in her room." Sota said, turning back to the girl. Thanks Shrimp." The girl said, grinning. "Sure" Sota said. "And I'm not that short!" he yelled after her as she made her way towards the stairs. She didn't even bother turning around as she waved at him over her shoulder.

The girl poked her head into the kitchen. "Hi Mrs.H." the girl said, smiling. "Hello Nina" Mrs.Higurashi said, smiling back at the girl. "Would you like to stay for dinner?" Mrs.Higurashi asked. "Heck yeah!" Nina nodded enthusiastically. "You're a great cook! I wouldn't turn down anything you've cooked!" Nina grinned. Mrs.Higurashi chuckled, "I'll take that as a yes?" "That's a yes." Nina said, nodding. "I'm gonna go up and see Kagome." Nina said, waving a bit at Mrs.Higurashi. Mrs.Higurashi nodded, "Could you tell Kagome that dinner will ready soon?" Mrs.Higurashi asked. "Sure" Nina said.

She ran up the stairs to Kagome's room, she paused for a moment to knock, and then walked in. "Hey K-chan." Nina said, leaning on the doorframe. Kagome whirled around in her chair. "Nina!" she exclaimed, startled. "Yep." Nina said, grinning as she walked into the room. She went and sat on Kagome's bed. Nina's face became serious.

"How are things in the Feudal Era?" "Okay, I guess." Kagome answered. "How's the jewel coming?" Nina asked. "It's coming, slowly, but it's coming." Kagome said, holding up the little bottle that had a few shards in it. Nina shook her head. "I can't believe that dead bitch took your huge chunk of the jewel, and then gave it to Naraku." Nina shook her head, a look of disgust on her face. "Did you see that bastard this last time you went?" Nina asked. Kagome shook her head "No, thank goodness." "You know" Nina said, looking at Kagome "I an really tempted to go with you next time you go back." Kagome shrugged, "I don't know if Inu-Yasha would let you. He probably doesn't want another person in the group." "But why not?" Nina grinned, "It's not like I'm some weak human." Nina smiled, so that a tiny bit of a fang poked out. Kagome laughed, "I know that, but Inu-Yasha doesn't."

"Hey!" Nina said suddenly, thinking of something. "How are your miko powers? Are you able to control them yet?" Kagome shook her head. "No, I wish I could though." Nina nodded "I thought so. I might have some way to help." "How?" Kagome asked.

Nina looked kind of unsure. "You won't be able to go back to the Feudal Era for a while, most likely." She warned. Kagome shrugged "If it'll help me with my miko powers, I'm willing to do it." Kagome said. Nina looked startled "What about Inu-Yasha?" Nina asked. "What about him?" Kagome said. "Won't he come back here and drag you back?" Nina said, "I thought you said that he always does that when you stay longer than he thinks you should." Kagome smiled "That was before you were here. You can help." Nina looked curious "How?" "Easy" Kagome replied, "You can seal the well."

Nina looked thoughtful, "I could I suppose." When do you have to go back?" Nina asked. "The day after tomorrow." Kagome replied. "Okay" Nina nodded. "That'll work. After you come home from school tomorrow, you'll come with me then. I'll make sure to seal the well before we leave." "Where are we going to go?" Kagome asked. "You'll see when we get there." Nina replied. "Come on" Kagome pleaded, "Tell me." Nina laughed "Your too curious. You know that curiosity killed the cat." "But satisfaction brought it back." Kagome shot back. Nina shook her head "Sometimes. Only occasionally."

Suddenly the door opened, and Sota's head poked in. "Mom said to tell you two that dinner's almost ready." "Okay. Thanks Sota" Nina said, as she got up off of Kagome's bed.

Kagome and Nina walked out of Kagome's room, to the kitchen. Everyone sat down, and then Kagome saw what was for dinner. "Oden!" she yelled. Nina winched a bit "Not so loud please?" she said. Kagome nodded absently as she repeated "Oden, oden oden oden oden" in a singsong voice. Nina sighed. "I think she likes oden a bit too much." "Don't dis the oden." Kagome said, looking at Nina. "Whatever." Nina said, rolling her eyes.

"Are you going to be spending the night here tonight?" Mrs.Higurashi asked Nina. Nina smiled at Mrs.Higurashi. "No, thanks anyway. I'm going to come by, and get Kagome tomorrow." Nina said. Mrs.Higurashi looked at Kagome "Where are you going with Nina, Kagome?" "I don't know. Ask Nina where she's going to take me." Kagome said through her mouthful of oden. Mrs.Higurashi looked at Nina again, curious. "I'm going to take her so she can get her miko powers trained." Nina said. Grampa's eyes lit up. "Really?" he exclaimed. Nina hid a small smile. "Yes" she said, hiding her amusement at his excitement about his granddaughter's training.

Nina smiled, a glint in her eyes. `Kagome doesn't know that she's not just going to get her miko powers trained. She's also going to learn close and hand-to-hand combat. And the use of weapons, other than just the bow.' Nina smiled a bit. `She's not going to have an easy training. It's going to be very hard on her, but she needs this. I don't want her to get killed.'

Everyone finished eating, and left to do their own thing. Kagome went up to her room, and Nina followed her up. Kagome groaned, as she sat down at her desk. "Math?" Nina asked. Kagome nodded glumly. Nina went over, and looked at the homework in front of Kagome. "Algebra. Fun." Nina said.

(Does Kagome take algebra? Could someone tell me please?)

Kagome glared at Nina, who just smiled. "Would you like some help?" Nina offered. Kagome nodded. "Yeah."

A few hours later, Kagome yawned. Nina smiled "Go to bed Kagome, you have to go to school tomorrow, then you're going to come with me." "Okay" Kagome said, as she yawned again. Nina smiled and walked out of Kagome's room as Kagome flopped on her bed, and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Nina walked through the house silently, towards the door. She noticed a light on, and poked her head in to see who was up still. She saw Kagome's mom sitting and reading. "Hey Mrs.H." Nina said. Mrs.Higurashi looked up. "Hello Nina." Mrs.Higurashi said quietly. "I'm gonna go, but I'm gonna come back at about the time Kagome comes home from school." Mrs.Higurashi nodded. "Alright." See you tomorrow." she said. Nina smiled. "Night Mrs.H. See you." Nina walked outside, and left.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

Ok everyone, here's the first chapter. Tell me what you think. Oh, and this IS going to be a Kagome/ Hiei fanfic. I'm working on typing the second chapter now. Oh, and please review, it might make me post the next chapter sooner. ^-^ Later everyone.