Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Two Worlds Collide ❯ Butterflies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everybody who reviewed. Thanks a lot for that. I loved the comments and as for the pairings just keep reading and be amazed or maybe not. You'll have to read to find out. I'll try to be better about my typos, Sorry! Well on with the show and as for my disclaimer everyone knows the story, I don't own it. Enjoy!
 
 
Chapter 2: Butterflies
 
“Bye mom I'll see you in a couple of days.” Kagome yelled over her back as she ran off to the well.
 
“ Wait Kagome!” Kagome stopped dead in her tracks and turned around to see what her mother wanted. “ Kagome didn't you want to bring these sparklers for you friends. You almost left them on the kitchen counter.”
 
Kagome tapped herself on the forehead. How could she be so forgetful? She was really thankful to have a mom like hers. She took the sparklers from her mom and gave her kiss goodbye and headed off for the secret well. She never got tired of the mystical blue light that surrounded her. It seemed no less beautiful or mysterious to her even thou this was her hundredth time going through the portal.
 
“And touch down. If there was an award for graceful portal landings I'm sure I would win.” Kagome congratulated herself.
 
*Slap* “ Miroku, You lecherous monk. You better stop touch my butt or I'll…” * Slap* “ You idiot you'll never learn!”
 
“ That was the sight that Kagome caught when she was walking to Kaede's village. She started to laugh in spite of herself. She couldn't help it. Those two were so funny together, that she just had to laugh or explode from keeping it in.
 
“Kagome welcome back” Sango said running towards her friend while a monk that almost resembled the colors of his robe came up after them.
 
“ Sango it's great to see you. How are you!” Kagome said trying to gain back her composure and air.
 
“ Oh I'm fine. I've never been better.” Kagome could hear the sarcasm in her friend's voice, and noticed the glare she was giving Miroku when he had finally made it to her.
 
“You know Miroku, you need to watch those roman hands of yours or your not going to be conscious to see twenty.” Kagome teased. She knew that telling him not grope Sango's butt was like telling her friends at school not to gossip. It just couldn't be done. All well she figured, he had gotten better since it was only Sango he did that to now. That had to show for something.
 
No sooner had Kagome walked through the door then she heard a little voice call her name. She looked up to see a little fox demon child jump into her arms.
“Shippo how are you? I hope that you've been behaving your self while I've been gone?”
 
“Yes Kagome. I've been on my best behavior. InuYasha hasn't hit me once since the last time you were here. So does that mean I get my surprise now. Does it Does it Does it!”
 
Kagome couldn't help but giggle at the little foxes excitement. She loved how energetic and happy Shippo could be. Even threw all of the battles and pain he had went through. He never seemed to lose his child like innocents.
 
“ Don't worry Shippo I brought you a great surprise, but you'll have to wait till dark for me to give it to you.” She saw a look of slight disappointment on his face, but then it lit back up into the carefree smile that he always seemed to wear and went on his way to play with the village children.
“ KAGOME!”
 
She smiled in spite of herself when she heard the voice of a hot-tempered demon come her way. She turned around and there in front of her was a young man with golden eyes and long silver hair with two cute dog ears on top staring at her. She just looked at him for a while smiling. For here he was. The guy that she had fought a half-dead girl to claim.
 
“ Kagome why didn't you come and see me first. You know I had a surprise for you today.” His voice had lost some of its edge when he saw her smiling face looking at him. He sometimes hated the effect that she had on him. It almost felt as if that he had become an obedient little puppy in her hand, What ever she wanted from him she would get it just by looking at him. All well if he didn't lie to himself he actually didn't mind it. But Damn! The effect this girl had on him was mesmerizing.
 
She waved good bye to Sango and Miroku at Kaede's hut and before she took off on InuYasha's back she told Sango not to knock Miroku out because the surprise that she had for Shippo was for everybody.
 
“ So InuYasha what is this surprise that you have for me?” Kagome asked as they leapt from tree to tree.
 
“ Just be patient and watch. I swear that you're gonna love it so be patient!”
 
Kagome sighed and enjoyed the ride till he came to a stop at the edge of a clearing full of flowers. He stopped put her down and told her to wait there, Then he went and grabbed two rocks. When he returned she stared at him curiously and was about to say something when he put his finger to her lips. Then he pointed for her to look at the field. Kagome kept her eyes glued to it when all of a sudden InuYasha threw the rocks at the field. She saw to her amazement the field came to life with butterflies. She couldn't believe it. They were so beautiful with all the different colors of reds, blues, oranges, and yellows.
 
InuYasha just smiled in spite of himself. He loved the look of joy in her eyes. He wanted to make up for the times he had hurt her when he was with Kikyo. He almost laughed when he saw her go run off into the field and dance with the butterflies. He just sat there in amazement wondering how a girl with all the power that she had could be so child like at times. How the simplest thing as bringing her to see the butterflies could bring her so much joy. He never wanted this moment to end.
 
When she returned they lay down together in the field and enjoyed the sun and each other's company. Kagome loved it when InuYasha held her like he was doing now. She felt herself give way to sleep from the sun warming her body and from the sound of InuYasha's heartbeat.
When they woke up it was nearly dusk which meant that it was time to go to Kaede's for dinner. When they arrived Kagome saw Miroku give InuYasha a look that made her roll her eyes. She wished for one moment that he didn't have to have perverted thoughts go through his head.
 
When they were done eating Shippo pretty much bugged Kagome till he got the surprise that she had promised him. So she smiled and got up to go get her book bag. She summoned everyone to come with her to the well, so they all got up to go except Kaede who said that she was too tired. When she got there she took out a silver stick that had them all baffled.
 
“ So you got us all out here for a silver stick, feh!” InuYasha remarked.
 
“ It's not an ordinary stick idiot! Just watch!”
 
With that she took out her lighter from her book bag. She lit the stick and let the sparks fly. Everyone stared in amazement. Shippo was so happy that he started to jump up and down. Kagome gave it to him, but told him to be careful with it, she didn't want any accidents. He agreed and took it from her. She lit two more for Sango and Miroku and one for herself. InuYasha didn't want one for being proven wrong when she first showed them. She started to dance with it with Shippo following behind her. When his died he almost cried, but cheered back up again when she lit him a new one. That was how their night was till she ran out of sparklers. Shippo was so happy that he asked if they could do it again, another time and she agreed.
 
On their way back to the village InuYasha picked up on a scent he hadn't noticed before on Kagome. It reminded him of Shippo yet it was way different and yet very old. He shrugged it off, but made a mental note of it because he had a feeling that he would need to remember it for some reason.
 
*****Back in the Present*****
 
“So boys have you found out what the strange presence is that we are picking up from that place?” said a sprightly women.
 
“ Naa! We've only been here two days Botan, give us a freakin break!” Yusuke said into his communication mirror.
 
“ Don't worry about him Botan. He still a little upset about the move. Why don't you and the others come and give us visit. It might make it a little bit easier on him. We have to go now. Because class is about to start.” Kurama said softly.
 
“ Well ok boys. I'll talk to you later! Bye!”
 
So the boys went to class and Kurama let Yusuke sleep for once since he didn't skip their gym class, he figured he owed him that. Then he noticed something. The girl who sat beside Yusuke wasn't there.
 
 
So watcha think. Tell me about. I'm not going to beg for you reviews, but it would be nice so I'll know I'm not alone in the universe. Thanks for the first three. Well see you next chapter!