Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Two Worlds Collide ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, I'm back! I did a little editing in chapter 4. It's not perfect, but hey neither am I.
I figured I've been neglecting my story, so it was time for an update.
 
Anonymousfanfic: sorry about the typo, I did mean Kikyo, not Keiko. It was late and I wasn't paying attention.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu!
Hope you enjoy and thanks for the reviews!
 
Chapter 5: Secrets
 
When Kagome woke up the next morning she still a bit shaken, by what had happened the night before.
 
`I have to see Kaede about this. She might know what to do!' thought Kagome. With that she jumped out of bed and went to take her shower and get ready to go back down the hidden well. She had stepped out of the house and when she had turned around she bumped into someone. When she looked up she saw Kurama standing there. He held his hand down to her with a smile on his face.
 
“ Sorry about that! Are you alright Kagome?”
 
“ Yeah! I'm great!” she said as she stood up, “ Never been better. So what brings you around here to Higurashi Shrine?”
 
“ I came to check up on you from the other day. So how are you?
A little better I hope!”
` What's with this guy? Did he not see the light show I put on yesterday, or was I dreaming all of that?' She looked down so that she didn't have to look in his eyes.
 
“ Kagome, Don't worry about last night. You'd be surprise to find out we're not as shocked as you might think.” Her head shot up in surprise, “ You see, I've come to see if you would like to talk to us about your powers. We'd like to help you if we can. Besides, it every day we meet a priestess. At least not one who actually has spiritual power. Oh, don't look so surprised. We're not exactly who you think!”
 
Kagome didn't know what to think! Here she was about to be thrown into another strange turn in her life. This time though she had a choice of whether not to except. It wasn't as if he was forcing her to go, but if these people could help her what the heck. She could at least hear them out. What would be the harm in that?
 
“ Alright Kurama, I'll see your friends. But if want I can leave anytime I want right?”
 
“ Of course! What made you think you wouldn't?”
 
“ Let's just say, the last adventure I was on, I didn't get a choice in the matter!”
 
At Kuwabara's Place
 
“ Yusuke, you are going to take me shopping aren't you. Because you stood me up two times already!” said Keiko tapping her foot with her arms crossed. Looking at the spirit detective with an angry glare that only she could do.
 
“ Well I'm sorry Keiko, it's just that Koenma had me on a few cases those days and he wouldn't let me off.” Yusuke said grinning hoping to get out of this jam. It wasn't that he didn't like to spend time with her. It was just that he didn't like to go shopping. He hated the looks that the salesladies would give him. He was always under their constant super vision.
 
“ Hey Yusuke, don't put me in this one! You sort out your own problems!” That was Koenma for you. Ready to bail on you when the going got ruff. He was more scared of Keiko then he was. Then again Keiko had a nasty temper and an even sharper tongue as Botan had put it.
 
Just then the door opened and in walked Kurama and Kagome. She looked a little uneasy about being there, but she trudged on anyway.
 
“Hey Kagome!” Keiko said as she walked over to greet the girl.
 
Kagome relaxed. As long as Keiko was there she felt a little better about being there.
 
“ So where's Botan at?” Kagome inquired.
 
“ Oh she's in the kitchen with Kuwabara. You want to go peep in on how they're doing?”
 
“Sure, Kagome!” Kagome beamed.
 
When they had disappeared into the kitchen the boys sat down on the couch and took on a serious look.
 
“ So,” Yusuke began, “ Do we have any idea what's up with her?”
 
“ Well it seems that she is priestess Yusuke.” Kurama stated as if the answer were as plain as day. “ Unlike the priestesses that we see today, she actually has spiritual powers. The other priestesses today take the job as a family tradition, but having no real power. She on the other hand it seems does. It use to be that others like her were common, but I've seen a priestess of caliber in the flesh.” `Though I have heard of a priestess with unusually strong powers that had guarded the Shikon Jewel. Maybe this girl has a connection with her. And if so then we should be on our guard.'
 
In the Kitchen
 
“ So Kagome how are you this fine day!” said Botan
 
“ Well I'm fine actually. How about you two?”
 
“ Well I'd be doing better if it wasn't for Kuwabara! He asked me to help teach him how to make a cake for Yukina, but this guy is horrible. I haven't seen such a bad cook since Koenma! I mean from turning the blender on too high and sending all the batter on the walls and ceilings. I mean we had to start over from scratch three times.” Looking over in Kuwabara's direction she added, “We don't have enough ingredients to start over again! So if you screw up this time then you're out of luck pal!”
 
“ Awww, come on Botan. I really need this cake for Yukina! She's coming to visit tomorrow and I want to surprise her with something I made myself.” He pleaded.
 
“ You'd be better off buying her a cake at the store. At least she probably wouldn't die from it!” she muttered under her breath.
 
Kagome couldn't help but laugh this. These two were so funny together. They had Keiko laughing so hard she had to sit down.
 
“ So Kagome why don't you come over her and sit down while those two clean up. I'd like to get to know you better.” Kagome smiled and nodded her head. “ So Kagome, tell me more about your boyfriend, how did you meet you him? ”
 
“ Well, umm, we met at my families shrine. He was leaning up against our ancient tree. At first he was real jerk. I mean, you've never met such an ego. I mean he has more mood swings then girl does.” They both laughed at this, “He would never let his guard down even for a second at first. But I soon learned why though! He had a really bad child hood. His parents both died and he practically had to raise himself. His older brother can't stand him because they're only half brothers. Though I think he's coming around now. Underneath all of his tough exterior there's a really nice guy, once you get to know him. He's really dependable and always looks out for his friends. He's also a pretty good swordsman!”
 
Then Botan jumped in, “Wow! What a cool guy. He has a mysterious past, cool attitude, and he can fight. You'd better keep that one Kagome! Sorry about jumping into your conversation, but it was interesting. And I'm the biggest gossip that you've ever seen.”
 
“ Oh it's no big deal! So do you think we should go see what the guys are up to?” Kagome asked.
 
They both nodded and left for the living room with Kuwabara in tow. When they had all set down Koenma started the conversation.
 
“ So Kagome, Kurama tells us that you're a priestess of unusual power. While that may be all well and good, it doesn't bring me to what I wanted to talk to you about.
I wanted to know about the Shikon no Tama and your connection with it.”
 
“ How do you know of the jewel?”
 
“ Well I guess you're right. I should explain myself first! My name is Koenma as you well no, but what you don't know is that I'm the ruler of Spirit World. It is my job to govern over all of Earth and the demons of spirit world. Yusuke there is my Spirit Detective, and his friends Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei are apart of his team. They all have special powers just like you.”
 
Kagome was taking this surprisingly well. Considering all that she had been through with Inuyasha she was taking this surprisingly well. “ So what do Botan and Keiko have to do with it?”
 
“ Well,” Koenma continued, “ Keiko has nothing to do with this really. She's just Yusuke's girl friend who helps out occasionally. Botan on the other hand is my assistant back at Spirit World and she's also what you call a grim reaper.”
 
Kagome was shocked. How in the world could someone as happy and cheerful as Botan be the grim reaper? “ Ok, I'm willing to except what you said, but sorry to back track, did you say earlier that you rule over the demons too.”
 
“ Yes that's correct, Kurama and Hiei are demons.”
 
“ Really! I never would have guessed. I mean all of the demons that I've seen you could usually tell that they were demons.”
 
“ You've seen demons?” Yusuke asked.
 
“ Yes, my boyfriend, you remember the one I was telling you about earlier Keiko, well he's a demon, well half demon.” Everyone was more or less shocked. They just stared at her for a second.
 
Yusuke spoke up, “ A half demon, really! Wow! But how could a demon be here and we not know about it Koenma? I mean I thought that you knew all!”
 
“ Well he might not know about him because he isn't from here. He isn't even from this time!”
 
“ What do you mean not from this time?” Koenma asked.
 
Kagome took a deep breath and told them all about her friends and how she was pulled through the well and about her connection with the jewel. She even filled in about her connection to Kikyo for Kurama.
“ So that's all of it in nut shell!” Kagome finished.
 
“ What an amazing story, love, danger, heroics. You even have the even evil villain. That Naraku, I would love to punch his lights outs.” Botan said.
 
“ Well, I'm sorry Botan, but my friends and I beat you to it!” Kagome laughed.
 
“ Thank you Kagome for clearing up everything for us, but I have one more favor to ask you. Do you think that you could get you boyfriend here so that I could meet him.”
 
Kagome thought about long and hard about it. Sure she had just met these people, but she felt that she could trust them. Besides Kurama and Hiei were demons too so how bad could it be. “ Fine I'll do it! Just name the time and place and we'll be here.”
 
“ Stellar! Why don't we meet at Yusuke's house seeing as it's closer. Say around seven, does that sound all right?”
 
“Sure Botan! Well, I guess that I'll see you here tomorrow. Bye!” With that she dashed from the house and went home. Man did she have some story to tell Inuyasha!
 
 
 
 
Well! What did you think of this chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! Please review and tell me what you think! Gotta go! Have a great summer! ASTA!