Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Two Worlds Collide ❯ Prophecy ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello everybody! I'm back!! Glad see that people still like this story! I'm surprised that I received this many reviews since I haven't updated in a while! For all of you who have reviewed, thank you times 10.
Here's my disclaimer, I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho! But this story is all mine!
So sit back and relax and enjoy the show!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 7: Prophecy
 
“Over my dead body!” Inuyasha yelled. With that the battle was on.
“Stay back demon I have no quarrel with you! Just give me the girl and there will not be any blood shed.” the priest said in a condescending tone. His blue eyes seemed as cold as ice as they stared at Kagome, and she swore that he was freezing her soul with that gaze.
This didn't go past Inuyasha and he leapt at the priest with his claws extended. He swung at his head with his right claw only to be thwarted with a sharp blow to his ribs. Inuyasha recovered quickly and looked to see what he had been struck with. `It's his bow! He hit me with his bow? How?' Just then a flash of blue appeared and the priest was down on his knees clutching his bleeding shoulder. Tetsunosuke slowly stood up and turned his cold eyes to the source of his pain only to see Yusuke standing there ready to fire another attack.
“Ok, buddy! You can't just go around attacking people. It just isn't nice!” he said with a smirk, “Now that you've ruined my night I'm going take my frustration out on you!” Just as Yusuke prepared to join the fight he was suddenly stopped where he was and was pulled down to his knees.
“What the fuck is this!” He growled.
“Nothing much, just a simple restraining spell! Since it seems that your friends are ready to join the fight…” He was cut off by more grunting as Kuwabara, Kurama, and Koenma were also brought down to their knees in a similar fashion. “You see my spell is designed to calculate how much weight a person can hold and amplify so that there is no way for them to get out with my permission.” If Kagome didn't know any better she would have sworn that he was enjoying him self. “Now demon,” he said returning his attention back to Inuyasha, who was starting to stand, “Don't interfere again or I will be forced to remove you, permanently!” He said venom in his voice.
“Like I would ever let you take her without a fight! Now die, Iron Reaper Soul Stealer!” he yelled. Then to his astonishment Tetsunosuke simply side stepped his attack.
“Is that all you have, boy!” he bated and Inuyasha charged him again.
Kagome looked at the man now fighting with Inuyasha. `Oh, I wish I had my arrows now, I hate waiting on the sideline!' Kagome clenched her fists in defiance, `What could he possibly want from me? The Shikon jewel? No, that can't be it; I don't know what happened to the jewel after the fight with Naraku! It just disappeared! So why would…'
Kagome was shaken from her thoughts when she saw a tree explode from Inuyasha being thrown against it!
“Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed.
“No! Stay back Kagome! Don't come any closer!” He yelled back at her as he struggled to stand. His shirt was ripped and his bandana had flown off somewhere through the battle. Just when the priest was about to shoot another arrow at him he was hit from behind with a paddle. He turned to see Botan and Keiko behind him!
“Botan, Keiko,” Yusuke struggled to get out, “Get out of there!” he yelled. His warning came too late as the priest threw two sutras at the girls. I land on their foreheads and they immediately collapsed.
“You bastard!” Yusuke yelled, “Just wait till I get out of here!”
“But, you won't, so just enjoy the show!” He then turned to face Kagome.” Now that I've gotten rid of the interference, won't you come along quietly?”
“No” Kagome said in a low voice. Her eyes were hidden beneath her bangs, so no one could see the tears coming from them.
“Now Kagome, just come along quietly and we won't have any more problems!”
“What do you want from me?” She asked in the same low tone.
“I'm here on a sacred mission. I'm here to protect the world.”
“Protect the world,” she said with more feeling in her voice as her head shot up, “You just subdued the people who protect it! What have we done to you?”
“They have done nothing; it's you Kagome Higurashi that I'm protecting the world from!” Kagome looked at him stunned. “There is a 400 year old prophecy that has been passed down through my priesthood. In the year of the Dragon, on the coming of the eclipse of Astron, the priestess of life and death will arise, and bring destruction in her wake.”
“You Kagome Higurashi are that priestess, and I'm here to stop you!”
Just then there was a surge of purple energy surrounding Kagome and just as suddenly as it came, it disappeared.
Everyone's head turned towards Kagome as a cold laugh emanated from the girls bodies. Inuyasha looked up in horror at what he saw.
`Those eyes! Those eyes aren't Kagome's warm eyes. Their cold and lifeless. Their...no… they can't be…'
“It seems that you believe that you can kill me.”
`No it can't be!'
“You can try, but I will kill you first before you even have a chance to draw your weapon!”
`Kikyo!'
 
 
So what did everyone think! I know that it has been a while since I have updated! Just tell me what you think and I'll try my hardest this time to come up another chapter!
Till next time new and old fans, Asta!