Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Finally, Some Real Friends ❯ ch5 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey peoples, I'm gonna be making some notes at the bottom of this chapter so plzz read them.

"talking"

`thinking'

(AN)

~Kurama talking to Yoko~

*telepathy between the fox & pyro*

Ranma-chan~ girl type Ranma

Ranma~ boy type

Legal stuff: I do not own Ranma or yu yu hakusho. I do however own the techniques that Cologne uses to fight Genkia with. This goes for all of my fanfics that I write. And I would really appreciate if people asked me if they could use my ideas, not just taking them, and claiming them for their own.

Chapter 5

Ranma-chan and Ukyo stared at the old woman in shock. Before they could respond however, Nodoka and Genkai stepped in front of them.

"We will discuses this inside. Dimwit, why don't you and Botan explain why you're here." Genkai said leading Cologne inside with Nodoka walking along side.

Ranma-chan and Ukyo looked to Yusuke and Botan who were on the porch. Yukina came out of the shrine carrying a Luke warm kettle. She spotted Ranma-chan and smiled holding it out for him to take. Ranma-chan walked over and thanked Yukina before turning back to his guy form and sat down Indian style with Ukyo watching Yusuke with a bored look.

Botan looked extra chirpy so she was the first one to speak.

"Well you see Ranma, there are 3 realms. One is the Human World, the next is Demon World, and the last is Spirit World. I'm the Goddess of Death and also Yusuke's partner. You see Yusuke is a Spirit Detective, keeping Human and Spirit World safe from over ego-attic demons that want to conquer the world. The way he became Spirit Detective and met these 3 people was (Insert Story Here) and that's it. We have been searching for someone to replace Kuwabara in the Dark Tournament for some time now and you're the only one that fits the description." Botan said, looking really pleased with her. She then noticed Ranma looking at her with a bored expression.

"But before you decide! Koenma's looking for a cure for your curse! So what do ya say!?" Boton said, making a certain toddler choke on his pacifier. Botan knew she was going to be sent to the ear doctor after seeing Koenma next, but if this didn't work then she didn't know what would.

Ranma jumped to his feet taking Botan by the shoulders looking her straight in her eyes.

"So if I fight then I'll get a cure for my curse!? I'm in!" Ranma said grinning like an idiot. A knock from the door averted everyone's attention from Ranma's crazy dancing to Yukina's voice talking softly. A few moments later Yukina & Kasumi walked in, carrying a bundle in a bag with her cherry smile on her face.

"Oh my Ranma you seem to be happy." Kasumi smiled another sweet smile, distracting him from his happy dance. Kasumi turned to the nearest person, which happened to be Kurama.

"Why is Ranma so happy if I may ask?" Kurama returned Kasumi's smile and spoke in his smooth, silky, -voice.

"He just found out that he might get a cure for his curse Tendo-san." Kasumi's smile grew wider and she watched Ranma jumping up and down, who currently pulled Ukyo into it.

"Oh my! I can understand why he must want to celebrate and please call me Kasumi." Kusumi smiled at everyone reminding them each of Yukina.

"Ranma? I came by to drop of your clothes that were in the wash. I hope I wasn't bothering you to much." Yukina giggled, and placed a comforting hand on Kasumi's shoulder.

"It's alright Kasumi. Why don't you stay for dinner? We'll have enough." Yukina asked, looking at Genkai for approval, who had just entered the room with Nodoka, and the 3 amazons.

"I don't know, I still haven't cooked dinner for father yet." Kasumi said, thinking.

"Do not worry child, we will make sure to deliver Raman while you are gone." Cologne said. She hopped on her staff over to Ranma, and handed him an inch thick book.

"This book has all the rules and traditions. If you except, then you will be required to read this and follow the rules. Do you except?" Ranma examined the book before eyeing the old women with suspicion.

"There are no catches, but if you do except, you'll be the first elder at your age, and the first male elder. You will be required to show up and make appearances every now and then." Cologne said staring Ranma in the eye.

"I'll think about it old ghoul." Ranma said before putting the book into subspace. He surprised the amazons by doing this; he had just mimicked Mousse's technique.

"We will be awaiting you answer." The amazons left, but not before Shampoo sending a glare in Botan's direction.

"I believe I can stay now, would you mind if I help in the kitchen?" Kasumi asked turning towards Genkai, who smiled at her.

"Of course not." Genkai said before sitting down next to Ranma.

"RANMA!" Everybody turned towards Ryoga, who had just woken up and scowled. Before Ryoga could say anything else. Ukyo had just splashed him with cold water and a thundering piglet appeared.

"Ya know sugar, you're very annoying. See ya later Ran-chan. I'll take porky home." Ukyo said walking out of the room and heading home. After people had said their good byes, and after convincing Kasumi to stay, they all went to bed.

***

Ranma woke up to a nice bucket of water, courtesy of his grandmother.

"What the hell was that for ya old hag!?" Ranma- yelled, glaring at Genkai.

Yusuke who was outside and had heard the yell, started to laugh his head off until Botan smacked him over the head for not respecting his elders.

"It's the only thing I could think of to wake you up, girl." Genkai smirked when she saw his battle aura spike and a dangerous blue glow appeared around him.

"I'M A BOY!!!" Ranma-chan launched in bitter anger at Genkai who soon leads him out of the house.

She dances around his punches and kicks, following up with her own, that barely hit him. Ranma-chan kicks it up a notch and uses one of his favorite attacks, the Katsu Tenshin Amaguriken, throwing 300 punches within a minute.

Genkai did the best she could to dodge or block the punches but some of them did hit her. While they continued to fight they slowly gained an audience. Yusuke, Hiei, and the rest of the spirit detectives watched in awe, some showing it better than others, as Ranma-chan start to slowly but surely gain the upper hand. They could all see that he was using and maintaining his ki to quicken and strengthen his movements.

Genkai smirked in her mind, he already knew how to focus and us his ki for enhancing his movements but what worried her most was his training with his spirit energy. He was too used to using his ki, and not his other energies. Well time for the technique she knew he'd hate.

Ranma-chan saw his grandmother switch stances and jump other his round house kick. When he was about to react, he felt her deliver hits with her fingers to some of his pressure points. He was then thrown across the yard with one of her spirit fists and landed head first into a tree. Since he was used to being hit in the head, thanks to Akane, he brushed it off and soon got to his feet, noticing one big bash in the his plan to blast grandma. His ki reserves felt shut off. He tried to gather ki into his hand but he got nothing.

"I shut off your ki reserves. You won't be able to access them." Genkai said, walking up to him.

"What the hell!? I have no ki! Won't I die!?" Ranma-chan shouted back panicked. He didn't want to die now! He still wanted to learn more techniques and become stronger!

"No you moron, you just can't access your ki, it's impossible. How can you use your spirit energy when you have total and complete access to ki? You're too used to using it. So I'm giving you a helping hand. Besides, since you have a lot of ki then you should have a lot more spirit energy." Genkai said. She looked at Yusuke before heading inside, leaving a very angry Ranma behind.

"Yo, Ranma, I guess I'll be teach' in ya how to use your spirit energy. Though I never got any real training when I first started out." Yusuke sat down next to Ranma, he handed a cup of warm water that Yukina had gave him, then held up his finger and a moment later appeared the soft glow of spirit energy. Ranma stared at it and studied it. Ranma held up his own finger and a few moments later Ranma's spirit energy appeared, just darker blue with specks of silver in it. Yusuke smiled a cocky smile and opened his hand allowing more spirit energy to flow. Ranma copied this, amazing Botan who was making a detail report to Koenma.

Morning soon turned into afternoon, and in the afternoon, Kurama took Ranma into training, teaching Ranma how to manipulate spirit energy, but as Kurama was about to teach him to use plant weapons, Ranma flat out refused. Ranma had always been taught that using weapons was for the weak, but after Nodoka, Kurama and Hiei beat that lesson out of his head, he complied and found out he was pretty good at it, but he still didn't like it.

By the end of this week, Ranma had learned how to use weapons, which he carried the Soatome blade on his side, and how to use his spirit energy, which he could mimic Yusuke's spirit gun and shot gun, just not as powerful. He could also use the plants around him thanks to Kurama. Genkai released his life energy from it's binding, and they were all set to go to the Dark Tournament. But before they could leave, the girl gang showed up.

"Oh no you don't Yusuke! You're not leaving here with out me! What if your hurt badly?!" Keiko yelled.

"If I die then you would be unprotected! No you are NOT going!" Yusuke yelled back.

Koenma was also present, teenager form, looking extremely worried. Though he hid it very well, Hiei and Kurama saw through it very fast.

"I would like to come as well. If any of you are hurt, then I can help Botan heal you. Besides, I might find my brother." Yukina said, her smile full of hope that made Hiei feel bad.

"Great grandmother told Shampoo to come for answer." Shampoo said, with Ukyo glaring at her, though she ignored it.

"Oh my, is he going to be alright?" Kasumi said, having just come out of the shrine wearing one of Yukina's soft bright blue kimonos, looking at an unconscious Yusuke and Keiko towering above him.

"What are you doing here Kasumi?" Ranma asked, looking at her questioningly.

"I accidentally spent the night here; I hope I wasn't much trouble." Kasumi said the last part to Genkai while bowing.

Koenma, growing impatient, opened a portal up under the spirit team, taking Kasumi, Yukina, Ukyo, and Keiko with them. He jumped in before it could close up.

Nodoka sighed and went to take care of the Tendo's while Kasumi was gone.

**

It was a moments before it all registered in their mind, right before they hit the ground. Hiei used his fast reflexes to catch Yukina, Kurama did the same thing with Shampoo, Ranma caught Ukyo and Kasumi, while Botan some how ended up on Koenma, and with Keiko on Yusuke.

Soon enough, Koenma found his clothes on fire. He did the best thing that came to mind. Went in one direction, hoping to reach the ocean before he became some demon found him and thought he would make a perfect breakfast of roasted baby back ribs.

Botan, Yusuke took this time to wake up, told the group to follow her to sign them in. While walking, they saw bunches of demons part and stare at them. Yusuke noticed that Puu was flying above keeping a watchful eye over the group. Ranma's overprotective streak made him stay close to the girls, who were unconsciously put in the middle of the group for protection.

When they got to the hotel desk, the clerk, smiled with lust in his eyes at the female party, earning him the prize to burst into flames and be incinerated, curtsey of Hiei. A new female clerk took his place and placed them in their rooms.

-Spirit detectives plus Ranma

-Keiko, Shampoo, Botan, and Genkai

-Ukyo, Yukina, and Kasumi

All in the best rooms at the top. They occupied the top floor and with pretty much no one there, they relaxed in their rooms, while the motherly instinct kicked in with Yukina and Kasumi. Those 2 along with Genkai and Botan went to get lunch for the rest of their friends.

*******************************************************

Okay people, I got some reviews saying that Ranma is not stronger than Hiei, and that if Genkai is Ranma's grandmother, then he would be part demon because of Toguro's and her relationship.

1: I never said Ranma was stronger than Hiei and I wasn't implying it. Hiei was holding back some of his power and he wasn't even in full demon form, plus Ranma has defeated a god and demons that Happy had sent after him.

2: Ranma could be part demon but he still could be pure human too. Remember Genkai and Toguro had relations before he sold his soul for becoming a full demon. Toguro and Genkai started to fall apart after what happened to his students.

3: Ranma could easily defeat Toguro because of his adaptability. With Ranma's skill, strength, and the large amount of life force, he could easily beat a dozen Toguro's. Plus, if Ranma was about to lose, his mind would switch into Cat mode and tear apart Toguro, piece by piece. Remember, the Cat Fist is the unbeatable technique.

4: This story will have Inuyasha influences but only in the sequel. I was thinking about it and must have put this fic under Ranma/Inuyasha by accident and I'm sorry for any confusion it may have caused.

5: The power scales in this fic are up to me. If I want Ranma and Yusuke on the same level of power, then I'll do it, but I won't, knowing that it would screw up the fic, and way out of line. I am open to suggestions.

If anyone has any complaints, comments, suggestions, or questions, review or you can email me directly. I check my email every day, and sometimes on weekends, so I should get back to you. For my comments before, they may be a little harsh but I'm not feeling 100%, so don't take it personally.

silversaori@yahoo.com

~White Fox 612~