Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Finally, Some Real Friends ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Finally Some Real Friends

Chapter 7

"Talking"

`Thinking'

(AN)

~Kurama talking to Yoko~

*telepathy between the fox & pyro*

%telepathy between Hiei and Ranma%

Ranma-chan~ girl type Ranma

Ranma~ boy type

Legal stuff: I do not own Ranma or yu yu hakusho. I do however own the techniques that Cologne uses to fight Genkia with. This goes for all of my fanfics that I write. And I would really appreciate if people asked me if they could use my ideas, not just taking them, and claiming them for their own.

Recap on the characters:

Touya: Touya is the ice-master that fought against Kurama in one of the rounds, though I forget which one. He has the blue hair, 4 aqua bangs and electric ice blue eyes. He uses his attack the "Shards of Winter" Against Kurama, but lost. He makes weapons out of ice and was on Team Mosho in the first Dark Tournament.

Rinku: Rinku is the yo-yo kid on Team Rokuyakai, with the 2 stars under his left eye. He fought against Kuwabara and won by using his yo-yos to keep Kuwabara out of the ring.

Chu: Chu was the muscle and the leader of Team Rokuyakai. He turned up as the extra fighter because he lost to his other teammates playing Rock-Paper-Scissors; I believe that was the game. He was the drunken fight that fought Yusuke in the first round. His blue Mohawk style hair ending in twin tails near his shoulders should give you his look.

Jin: Jin is the wind master that speaks in a HEAVY Irish accent. He takes Yusuke out of his foul mood and is the second strongest fighter on his team, Team Mascho. His tornado fists he uses against Yusuke should help you remember him. Plus he's reminds Yusuke's teammates of himself.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Arena 2

Kurama and Genkai vs. Rinku and Touya

As soon as Yuri started the match, Touya and Rinku went onto the offensive. Rinku released his Yo Yos and Touya started by freezing the whole arena, leaving a place for Rinku to stand. Kurama and Genkai jumped into the air to avoid from getting their feet frozen down but they had to come down eventually, and once their feet touched the ring, they had to jump once again to avoid the ice. They landed outside the ring. Kurama, just as he and Genkai were about to attack, Touya and Rinku were distracted by tornado of fire they had just noticed.

Kurama and Genkai glanced at each other before jumping into action. Genkai came up around Rinku, knocked him onto the ice, and took his place. Rinku slid across the ice ring on his chest for a few meters, before Genkai took pity on him and shot him with an imitation of Yusuke's `Spirit Gun' and knocking him out of the ring, and out cold.

Kurama came up behind Touya and produced an orange flower, and softly blowing the pollen into Touya's breathing area. Now all he had to do was get Touya to move around. He summoned up him Rose Whip and threw a very slow swing at Touya's head which he dodged and turned his attention back to fight. Ice from the ring started to take form under Touya's feet and soon Kurama was dodging ice knives that would spit out from the blob of ice, while attacking Touya as he attacked with his ice sword.

Kurama, with his enhanced nose, smelt Touya weaken from the pollen, and returned his whip to a rose. After a bit of straining his body, Touya was brought to one knee and soon he fell unconscious to the world around him. The ice from the arena began to melt away and both Kurama and Genkai walked calmly off the ring and back up to their team were Yusuke was smirking, Ranma being checked up by Boton and Hiei leaning against the wall staring bored at Yuri, as she recovered.

"The winner of the match is Team Urameshi!" Yuri announced looking at Hiei and Ranma from the corner of her eyes.

Chu looked back and forth between the rings and finally broke down.

"I never got to fight!" Then he got an evil look in his eyes, causing the fallen fighters to rise out of instinct. They took one look at Chu before bolting for the exit.

"When I'm threw with you dolts, you'll be cry'n for yer mommy!" Chu yelled, racing after them, yelling threats at his supposed teammates.

Kurama and Genkai watched as female Ranma kept being bothered by Botan. Ranma-chan finally got her off her back by saying a quick good bye to the group, saying she was hungry.

"You better replace that shirt!" Yusuke yelled at her back, making her break out in a humorous smile when she heard the Thunk of wood against skull, and the sound of a sack of potatoes dropping to the ground, signifying Yusuke unconscious and down for the count.

Ranma-chan scowled at the way the other demons we're glancing at her and finally got sick of it, quickly using some of her speed, disappeared in front of the perverted demons, quickly slipping into the hotel, and up to the room she shared. She threw Yusuke's tattered remains of his shirt onto his bed and took out another one, this one just black, bringing his bright red hair out.

She had it just over her breasts when Kuwabara decided to enter the room, instantly freezing up at the sight of her.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Kurama smiled as Yusuke was hit over the head by Botan. Hiei allowed a small smirk to appear on his face while watching their team leader fall easily to a girl he was no doubt A LOT stronger than.

"I think it would be wise to go to the stands a watch the next fight. We should see what we're up against first then make some plans." Genkai said, grabbing Yusuke's collar of his shirt and dragging him along, not waiting for the others responses.

Kurama followed nodding his head in agreement and Hiei after him. They soon exited the stairs and saw that the next fights were already underway. Yusuke was violently woken up when Genkai threw him down the stairs, landing face first. He lifted his head only to let his senses take over and jump high into the air, and land by his master, staring at the spot, or rather the crater where he used to be.

"And Rika's attack almost dismembers Yusuke Urameshi!" Yuri's voice boomed.

Yusuke snapped his head up and yelled at the fighters, not trying to hide their amusement.

"Watch where he hell you're aiming those things!" Yusuke yelled letting his spirit energy show, just a little bit. He was meet with one of the fighters, obviously Rika, middle fingers signaling she didn't care and went back to fighting.

Yusuke growled and Genkai hit him upside the head, bringing him down to the cement floor.

"Watch your temper idiot. Get her back when you fight her." Genkai side glanced at her pupil picking his face up off the floor. He frowned and stuck his hand in his pockets, turning to leave, and murmuring about old folk's home, under his breath. Hiei in turn vanished and followed Yusuke, while Genkai and Kurama stayed and watched.

Yusuke walked into the room carrying a bag of food, only to step on a black and blue lump. He looked down and studied it more to find it, was a person, a human to be in fact and looked up to find half the place wrecked and in the center was Ranma-chan, her battle aura around her glowing brightly.

"What happened?" He walked in and Hiei appeared leaning against the wall his eyes, which held curiosity and amusement, which betrayed his I-Hate-Everything-And-Everyone Mask.

Ranma-chan took deep breaths, and a few moments later her aura died down and she glared at the lump still under Yusuke's feet.

"Your friends a pervert! He walked in on me changing!" She yelled snatching the bag out of Yusuke hands and digging around for what her nose smelled. She soon found the `Instant Ramen' and went over to the small kitchen that they had in the room, which wasn't in their room the previous year.

While Ranma-chan rummaged around in the bag, Yusuke burst out laughing hesitating to get off of Kuwabara's head and dragging him to his bed. Oh yes, Kuwabara looked screwed up already, but this time was gonna leave behind some more bumps and bruises, making him even uglier, but that wouldn't discourage his spirit. Kuwabara never quit, just like Ranma, though he was more thick headed and dumber.

Hiei, while no one was looking, though Ranma-chan saw it, slipped out of the room, with an ice cream ounce missing from the bag she was in. She rolled her eyes, and continued making her ramen. Who would have know the big bad Hiei liked ice cream?

About a quarter after 5pm, the rest of the gang showed up. Kasumi and Yukina brought the food, and started to make it in the kitchen while the rest talked about the match line-ups.

"We fight again tomorrow, against Team Ryuubak. Their team specializes in dragon magic and techniques; no doubt they saw your fight." Kurama said, looking at a now male Ranma.

Botan then rummaged in her pockets and pulled out a mirror, looking quite happy. She set it on the table and plugged it into some clear glasses that she also pulled out and put on.

"This is the latest version my invention the `Holo Mirror.' If your thinking I made it your wrong but they based this off of one of my thoughts!" Botan then tapped the left side of the glasses and the mirror sprang to life, showing the fight of Team Ryuubak. The scene stopped and Botan reached out and tapped the hologram making the picture highlight and expand and become bigger and clearer to see. The picture showed a short blonde hair guy, with red eyes smirking. He was wearing Black baggy pants and a black long sleeved shirt, with a black bandanna on his right arm.

(AN: Anyone besides me wear them like that?)

"His name is Tech, he's a golem demon, and his specialty is Shadow Dragon Magic, making him impossible to catch much less hit. His defense is pure genius, plus the fact that he can hide in the shadows. His speed matches Hiei's from the last dark tournament, but his magic fills in the speed gaps. His team is your guy's opponents for tomorrow." Botan explained, with Yusuke giving her a shocked look.

"How'd you know that?" He asked with Genkai scowling at him.

"You don't think I be your assistant for 2 years and not learn a thing or 2, then you were wrong!" Botan said smiling and glowing with pride

"Anyway," She tapped the hologram again and it replayed his fight, which ended within a few minutes. She moved onto the next fighter which happened to a be a girl that resembled Keiko A LOT if not for the orange hair and scar on her right side of her face. She wore a red tank top, a red jacket hung at her shoulders, and black shorts, all outlined in gold, the smirk on her face showed she liked killing her opponent in the ring.

"This is Suya, she's a fire apparition, her specialty is her raw strength, and she carries and sword of pure gold, even the hilt." Botan said, she tapped the Holo again and up appeared a sword, like she said, of pure gold; the hilt was curved, unlike Ranma's and Hiei's swords.

"Next we have Dart," She repeated the process and a tall muscular man appeared on the screen. He wore a dark blue ninja suit, fitting since he had a Japanese katana in his left hand, his long brown hair tied in a low ponytail at the base of his neck, though he had piercing amber eyes that glowed in the light.

"Dart is a wolf demon, and him and Suya both wield the Dragon fang swords. He specializes in illusions, using them to distract his opponents while he attacks."

"What kind of fighter attacks like that? He's a coward." Ranma said, crossing his arms over his chest. Genkai and Kurama nodded, with Hiei silently agreeing with him.

"We really don't know anything about the other fighters. They stood on the sidelines watching the fight. Suya, Dart, and Tech took out the entire team." Botan said taking off the clear glasses and putting it back in her pocket with the mirror.

"I think the best way to approach this situation is for one on one fights. We know 3 of their fighters, so I suggest Ranma and Hiei go last, since they have experience in Dragon techniques." Kurama said, drawing everyone's eyes to him.

"I agree, no doubt they saw your performance today, Ranma, but they have probably heard about Hiei's dragon." Genkai said, taking a sip of her tea that Yukina had brought them. Her and Kasumi walked out of the kitchen carrying two big platters of food, and set it down on the table.


Kuwabara chose this time to rise from the dead and ran into the room, pointing a finger at Ranma, who in turn ignored him and began to eat his food. Kuwabara tried speaking, but nothing came out. It seems that Ranma had done something to his voice box before he was threw kicking his ass.

Ranma looked at Kuwabara who was now trying to yell at Ranma, or gain his attention. Something clicked in the monkey's head and Kuwabara grabbed a can of soda, shook it up, and opened it facing a now very angry, and sticky Ranma-chan.

"What the hell was that for!?" Ranma-chan stood up in the chair she was sitting in and looked Kuwabara straight in the eye. She threw a glare in Yusuke's direction, were he had spit out his food and was laughing uncontrollably on the floor bellow.

Kuwabara pointed to his throat and again, tried to yell, but still, nothing came.

"I think I like the idiot this way." Hiei said, smirking when Kuwabara turned to him to yell. Genkai had smirked and Kurama was covering his laughing by coughing. Not to mention that the girls were having a hard time not laughing, excluding Kasumi and Yukina.

"I believe he means give him back his voice or else." Kurama said, looking at Kuwabara was pointing at Ranma-chan, shaking his fist in the air and pointing to his throat.

"Oh you want me to do what?" Ranma-chan said, and evil glint in her eyes that everyone but Kuwabara noticed. Kuwabara stomped his feet and pointed at his throat, then glaring at the red haired female before him.

"You want me to what? Give back your voice?" Ranma-chan asked again, and turned around, smirking with her back towards him.

"I'll think about." She said and smirked even wider feeling his anger and annoyance. Before she new what was happening, Kuwabara had splashed her with hot water and was trying to wrestle him to the ground, which he was failing miserably.

Koenma, while the others laughed and placed bets on the little wrestling match, sighed and shook his head, and left towards his room, before his small headache grew into a much bigger one.

`This is going to be a -long- night.' He thought silently, as he walked back to his room, unaware he and his spirit detectives were being watched.

***********************************************************

Hello all! Sorry I haven't updated sooner, but my computer got a small virus and took out some of my files that belonged to another fanfics on mine, and I didn't save the new chapters onto a disc before they were destroyed, so for everybody's that waiting for another chapter added to `Yusuke's Cousin the Miko' is going to have to wait a bit longer.

Anyway, yes, I'm going to do something about Ranma's fear of cats, and yes, it'll be coming up in the next chapter or so, but it's going to be a flash back when he was still training at Genkai's temple okay? Hope you people can just be patient just a while longer okay?

And for the reviewers that asked me if Yoko going crazy to get out in Kurama's mind whenever Ranma transformed into his girl side, yes it's important, but I won't reveal why! Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, but the next one will come really soon if I get some reviews! Not many just a few like 2 or 3, but more would be nice! Really!

Ja ne people!

~White Fox 612~