Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Finally, Some Real Friends ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Surprises Revealed

At dawn, Ranma was up, eating a quick breakfast that Kasumi had just made for him. He splashed himself with cold water, and jumped out the ten-story window, free falling to the ground.

Focusing her spirit energy into her feet, Ranma-chan landed gracefully on the ground and took off into the trees at top speed. The trees and early riser fighters blurred past her, some fighters not knowing she was there, and some noticing a white streak, which was left by another of one of Yusuke's shirts.

Ranma-chan ran five more times around the edge of island, and stopped on a cliff to warm up. After she was done, Hiei attacked her from the side with his katana. Ranma-chan blocked with her own blade and both jumped apart smirking at one another. They blocked and dodged each other's blows for a few more hours before calling it to a stop, and heading to the arena slowly.

"Did you feel something weird last night?" Ranma-chan asked, putting her hands behind her head and yawning.

"Yes. There were two lesser demons near us. You're getting good, for a girl." Hiei said smirking, and speeding away from Ranma-chan fist.

"I'll show you who's a girl!" She yelled, chasing after him, her battle aura blazing red from anger.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Yusuke yawned once again, along side Kurama and Genkai, slowly making their way to the battle arena.

"I get the feeling that the toddler isn't telling us something. Granny, you know anything?" Yusuke said, his shoulders slumping, turning his eyes to his teacher who never glanced his way.

"Of course I do dimwit, it's not that hard to figure out. Use your brain once in a while." Genkai said, making Yusuke growl, and glare at her.

"Koenma is definitely hiding something. He was tense all last night, which is odd." Kurama said, staring off in space, thinking.

"Yeah, you'd think he'd loosen up when he's got the protection of the best fighters in the universe." Yusuke broke out into a grin, until Genkai smacked him.

"If you over estimate yourself, you'll die, again idiot." Genkai said, walking past his form, which had hit the ground.

"Goddamn old hag." Yusuke mumbled, before pulling his head from the floor and walking after Genkai and Kurama.

They arrived at the giant doors, which opened for them revealing a ring made of water.

"What the hell?!" Yusuke said, staring at the water ring, and then turning his stare to Yuri.

"What the hell is going on?!" Yusuke yelled, stalking over to Yuri, who stood her ground, though her tail was trembling behind her.

"Well, each member of the Dark Tournament committee gets to design his or her ring." Yuri explained, also explaining to the audience with her microphone.

"Each one is built and moved here over night threw there." Yuri said, pointing directly to her right, making Yusuke finally notice the doors twice as big as the ones for the fighters.

He walked back to Genkai and Kurama after Yuri wouldn't give him any more answers, and stood in between the pair.

"Didn't Toguro kill the committee?" Yusuke asked, again, making Genkai hit him.

"Think moron. There's a new committee." Genkai said, scowling.

"Yes but the problem is, Ranma's curse is affected by water." Kurama said, staring at the water ring. The water stood up about 3 feet off the ground, nothing holding it in the circular shape it was in.

"I get ya, if it heats up, we'll be in trouble. We'll have to get Kuwabara as our extra." Yusuke said, keeping his voice low, but loud enough for the fox and the skilled old woman to hear.

"Get your ass back here Hiei!" Ranma-chan yelled, running threw the doors and chasing the black blur that went whizzing past Yusuke a second ago.

Nevertheless, when Ranma saw she was heading for the water, she stopped on a dime, merely half an inch away from it. It took her a few seconds before backing away from the rink and standing next to Kurama, still staring at the ring.

"Is this some kinda joke?" Was her first question, turning her eyes to her grandmother.

"No it's not. Looks like you'll have to stick to your ice attacks. Both of you." Genkai said, staring at her granddaughter and Hiei who appeared next to her.

"Okay people! Are you ready!" Yuri yelled, hearing an uproar from the audience in the stands.

"Well then here we go! In this corner, the champion Urameshi Team!" This earned her another uproar.

"And in this corner, Team Ryuubak!" This earned an even bigger uproar.

"Idiots, they probably bet against us." Yusuke growled, earning a frown on Ranma-chan's face.

"This fight will be one on one matches. Teams, pick your fighters!" Yuri yelled.

"What happened to the captains making the rules of the fight?" Ranma-chan asked glancing at Yusuke.

"Probably another rule made by the new committee members." Genkai said, staring at the other team. Beside the three fighters that they all ready knew about, one of the cloaked ones had revealed herself. Bright blue hair was pulled into a high ponytail, her lavender eyes staring at Ranma-chan, never taking her eyes from Ranma-chan as she jumped and landed on the water gracefully. Ranma-chan then read her aura, and her teammates aura's, she was the almost the strongest one, almost. Ranma-chan narrowed her eyes and silently jumping up to the ring, also landing on the waters surface, which surprise the blue haired fight.

"What the hell!? What happened to laying back?" Kuwabara asked, as he came running out of the doors just a second before Ranma-chan had jumped to the ring.

"Here we go people, Ranma vs. Aya. Ready, begin!" Yuri called standing just above the water ring's surface on a stool.

"Well Ranko, you surprised me once, not this time." Aya said, her voice full of cockiness, reminding people of a certain martial artist.

Aya charged, running on the waters surface, and throwing a fast punch at Ranma-chan's face. She dodged the punch and blocked Aya's kick, before slapping away her other fist and returning the blow, just in the stomach, throwing Aya back slamming into the water, literally, she sunk into the water hitting the bottom.

"What's going on grandma?" Yusuke asked, never letting his eyes leave the fight.

"You idiot! Look to where Ranma's focusing her spirit energy! She's giving you a perfect demonstration!" Genkai said, glancing at Yusuke, and Kurama from the corners of her eyes.

Aya was lifted up from under the water and she was smirking. She continued to rise until she was held up by a water, towering over Ranma-chan.

"You think you can defeat me? The master of water? In my own element! Think again, DIE HUMAN!" Aya yelled, remind Ranma-chan of Ryoga.

The water began to boil under Ranma-chan's feet, making her turn her eyes to it.

`Oh crap! She controls the tempture too!? Fine, two can play at this game.' Ranma-chan thought, looking back up at Aya and smirking. She shifted, and concentrated on the `Soul of Ice' technique. The water under her feet did not freeze but it did cool it down, though she was, engulfs by a bubble of water. Ranma-chan silently cursed herself for loosing focus, and held her breath as she started to struggle, though the water had twisted and bonded her to that one spot.

"Oh, just great." Yusuke muttered from the sidelines. He didn't see Genkai's fist clench and her knuckles turn white.

`What are you doing? Are you going to die like a weak little girl?' Hiei voice rang threw Ranma-chan's mind, making her growl and loose air from her lungs. The Soul of Ice still in check, keeping the water just below the transforming tempture. She kept her anger in check, stopped struggling to think.

"Giving up already? Pathetic human, their all weak in the end." Aya said, smirking and tightening her water chains that had Ranma-chan's hand behind her back and her legs tied to the ground.

`Okay how to get out of here, this really sucks. Wait a minute!' Ranma-chan smirked and used her spirit energy to try to repel the water, though it did give her more movement of her arms and legs slightly, she frowned. She then started to focus her ki, though she covered it up with her spirit energy, which worked. She repelled the water 10 feet away from her body and was able to get to the ground, but the instant her feet touched the ground, she jumped, also pumping her legs with some extra ki and went into the air. She soared up and above the rain clouds that had covered the ring not to long ago and started to expand the `Soul of Ice' and concentrated it into her spirit energy along with some ki into a blast, like her regular Moko Takabisha.

`Hope this works.' Ranma thought and released her blast straight down to the watery ring, it freezing on contact, also freezing Aya's feet to the water that she was standing on. Ranma-chan landed shortly and thanks to her balance training so many years, she didn't seem to slip, much. She landed on her butt, and grinned at Aya who was grinning back.

"You actually think you won? Look up you moron!" Aya said smirking evilly and raising her hand. Rain started to fall and the first drop landed at the base of her wrist and before her right hand, going straight threw it, as if it was acid, though it was just incredibly hot. . Ranma-chan cried out, earning her a shout from Yusuke and Kurama, and cradled her wrist to her chest. She once again focused her spirit energy to repel the drops but they came threw her shield and threw her flesh, and bone, each depending on where it landed.

"I was going to boil you alive, but I think this will satisfy me." Aya said, willing more raindrops to crash into Ranma-chan's body, each landed near or around a fatal blow, but never to the head.

Ranma-chan seeing as the only way out of the torture, used her legs once again, to jump above the clouds, thought it took a lot of ki to heal the many wholes one her legs.

`I feel like that cheese, what is it called, Swiss?" Ranma-chan thought smirking, she went threw the clouds, feeling that they were beyond tempters known to man kind, and eat away at her skin. She was then in the air, above the clouds when a plan kicked in. She used some of her ki to heal the major wounds that would endanger her thinking and set out to focusing her the rest of her ki and spirit energy, along with the Soul of Ice all together.

Ranma-chan slowly began to fall towards the clouds and her concentration was kept focused. As soon as she was sure she was surrounded by the clouds, which were eating away at her skin, she let the focused ice energy out, by making it surround her as an aura. It consumed the black grayish clouds and froze the water inside of them, and as Ranma-chan pummeled towards the ground, she landed on her feet, flew across the ice ring, and used the last of her strength to elbow Aya's chest using her weight as advantage. Ranma-chan tried to stay conscious, but after her blow made contact and she was in the air, darkness consumed her from using to much energy, the fact she crashed into the stone wall of the stands and made a very deep imprint, her facing outwards and upside down , didn't help her at all.

"Wow that was impressive and totally awesome! Well it seems," Yuri looked over at Aya and found that she was bleeding to death from her feet to her ankles were ripped off, but that wouldn't matter, since she was already dead from the powerful blow to the neck, Ranma-chan had underestimated and accidentally hit her in the neck beside the chest, then another blow to her head, she died instantly.

"Ranko of the Urameshi Team wins!" Yuri cried, earning the roars of people who had bet on them.

"Ranm-Ranko!" Yusuke, Kurama and Kuwabara ran around the ring, and to Ranma-chan's side, turning her so she was facing up.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I'll leave it there! Hope with the cliffhanger lots and lots a people will review, but I'll update anyway if I get only one review. More would be appreciated, and would make me update sooner. `

Ja ne peoples!

White Fox 612