Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Reawakening ❯ Dreams, Surf Contests, and Sand-Ball Fights ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: contains Major Spoilers. Slight Yaoi, Yuri (Starlights + Michiru/Haruka)

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Ronin Warriors. If you don't know the Ronin Warriors how `bout I fill you in so you can read this fic and not be lost:

When they were 14 they stopped an evil floating head thingy named Tampa from taking over the mortal world with the help of mystical armors, a white tiger named White Blaze, a woman named Mia and a little boy named Yulie. They each control and get power from a certain element. The armors where each infused with one human virtue, and in truth there are nine armor (I'll introduce them all since sometime in the story I'm putting them all in the fic.) The armors were spilt into two groups, Ronin and Warlord. The Ronins had the power of elements; the Warlords had powers of a certain animal and a season.

<<<<<<Ronin>>>>>>

Ryo Sanada has the armor of Wildfire, power of fire, virtue of… well virtue, or goodness

Kento Rei Faun has the armor of Hardrock, power of earth, virtue of justice

Sage Date, armor of Halo, power of light or spirit, virtue of Wisdom

Rowan Hashiba, armor of Strata, power of air, virtue of life

Cye Mouri, armor of Torrent, power of water, virtue of Trust.

<<<<<<Warlord>>>>>>

Anubis, armor of Cruelty, power of spring and the Ogre, virtue of Loyalty

Kale, armor of Corruption, power of winter and the Jackal, virtue of Obedience

Sekhmet, armor of Venom, power of summer and the Cobra, virtue of Piety

Dais, armor of Illusion, power of fall and the Tarantula, virtue of Serenity

Tampa captured the Warlords and tricked them into serving him. Anubis was the first to turn against him, the Dais, Sekhmet, and finally Kale because his virtue made him stay. Anubis lost his life to save a woman named Kayura, who Tampa also captured. After Tampa was killed Kayura became Emperies of his realm (Youja-kai.)

I don't think any of the Ronins actually live in Toyama but I have a habit of twisting things to where I like them. I'm making it to where Sage lives on the outskirts of Toyama; Rowen has an apartment a few miles from Sage's home. Ryo has an apartment in downtown. Cye also lives on the outskirts just on the other side of town. Kento lives in a house in downtown and his family owns the "Golden Dragon" A Chinese Restaurant (Was taken from the Gaiden move. His uncle does own this restaurant, just in New York.) I'm also taking Luna from the Gaiden movie. She was a girl that the Ronins met in New York; Ryo fell in love with her (or was it the other way around?). She died at the end of the movie.

<<KB- I'm so glad everyone decided to join me. This is the sequel to my other fic Time Stream Mixup. I hope everyone enjoys my new idea, if you've read TSM but haven't read the side story "I've never, or, not yet anyway" I'd suggest you go do it `cause I explain a lot of things in it and if you don't read it you'll be very lost. Oh and toward the end you may have to read Upstaged too, any of you that already have you would know that Kayura was the Emperies that was mentioned in that fic.

Saceria- well on with the fic. (3rd person `Hotaru' POV btw)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Chapter one: Dreams, Surf Contests, and Sand-Ball Fights

"Reawakening"

By: Kuroi Bara no Twilight

She woke up in a dark cavern as Sailor Saturn. Water dripped into a deep pool from an overlook above her. She worked her way to her feet and looked around, barely able to see through the darkness.

Hotaru walked through the cave silently. It was a concerning difference from reality; the fact that her heels made no sound on the stone, she wasn't walking carefully. Her glaive also made no sound as she tapped it on the ground. She walked wordlessly through the dark cave towards a ray of sunlight in the center of the darkness. As she walked toward the light a figure came into view and she stopped. It was a man about Haruka's height. He had auburn hair falling slightly past his shoulders, and his eyes were hidden beneath an ancient monk hat. He had on what looked like a blue and white dress and held a golden staff. He had yet to notice her as she walked closer to him. When Hotaru was less than five feet from him he turned. He removed his hat to revile warm hazel eyes.

Hotaru was shocked now to say the least. She took a step back as he walked forward. When he noticed that she was afraid of him he stopped and gave her a warm smile, "Don't worry. I didn't bring you here to harm you. I brought you here to give you a message, and ask for your help." In his eyes Hotaru could tell that he was sincere so she nodded for him to continue, "Thank you for hearing me out." His smile deepened, "Five years ago I was killed while trying to stop a great evil force from getting into this world. My message is one that you mustn't tell the other Senshi." Hotaru seemed startled to learn that this man was dead but nodded as his look turned to a pleading one. "The force that I helped banish left us a surprise. A few weeks ago your princess was attacked by three of his brother's followers. He plans to destroy her, before she can rid the world of darkness."

After listening to his words Hotaru finally found her voice, "If this brother plans to destroy Serenity why do you tell me not to tell the others? What favor do you ask of me?!? Who are you?"

He held up a hand to silence her, "My name is Anubis. I tell you not to tell the other Senshi of this because they can do nothing to correct this problem. Neither can the Tantei, which they will no doubt ask for help. The only kind of power that can defeat him is the power that killed his brother. I have been told that you will come across the young men that destroyed Tampa very soon. When you do find them they can lead you to a place called the Dynasty, you will find me there." Hotaru reached out toward his suddenly retreating figure with more questions. Anubis turned back and smiled, "I'm sorry if I've confused you child. You will understand once you find them." With that his staff glowed and she found herself once again in her own bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Hotaru calmly set up in her bed and tried to remember what had happened, not only in her dream but also in the past few weeks. Yusuke had quickly become good friends with the fifteen-year-old girl. She smiled as she thought of the time Haruka had come home from the temple quite drunk, Setsuna and Kuronue had gotten on her case greatly. Michiru's sister Aerial had come to visit and was currently the only other person in the house.

Haruka keep talking about how Haruka's little sister, Hotaru never knew she had was coming to visit. She remembered hearing about how Haruka's sister had died once and they had to bring her back to life.

Hotaru yawned as she looked at the clock; it was almost time to get up. After school today Aerial had promised to take her to the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Hotaru came running down the stairs and plowed into Michiru. Her "mother" just giggled as Hotaru wished her a good morning and grabbed a pop tart on the way out the door. She looked over at her little sister and laughed as Aerial shook the orange juice carton in vein and started whining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Serena raced in the door right as the last bell rang. She heard familiar laugher and set down just as Yaten faked a shocked expression and made a snide comment, "Oh my goodness! The queen of tardiness is actually on time." Everyone that heard him started laughing and Serena's cheeks got hot. Amy smiled but didn't laugh, "Oh yeah Yaten. What's the best you and Seiya can do to be up on time without your mommies?"

Seiya sweatdropped and spoke up, just wasn't heard, "Hey now, don't bring me into this conversation!" Lita didn't even notice him as she sneered, "By mommies you mean Taiki right?" The said last member of the Lights sweatdropped but nodded, "its true. If I didn't play alarm clock every morning I'm sure neither of them would be here." They all shared a good laugh before the day began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

At lunchtime in Han'a High in Toyama five teenage boys sat under an oak tree in the school year. They all laughed as the biggest boy, which resembled a dumb jock (at least that's what he let everyone think) dropped his sandwich and started crying. A smaller boy with rusty colored hair patted his best friend on the shoulder, "Ah, it's ok Kento. The ground was just destined to eat your lunch for ya'." Kento whimpered but straightened up as he got an idea, "Hey dudes we need a vacation from school. How about we go to the beach after class today. We'd have to stop by our houses to pick up swimsuits though. Cye would agree with me, it'd be fun!" Cye was obviously the boy that had made the sandwich comment because his eyes lit up and he nodded vigorously. Another boy with messy blue hair named Rowan also nodded, though with less enthusiasm. A forth boy called Ryo who had shaggy black hair smiled, "yeah, we've all been working way to hard. Some surf and sun would be good for us!" The 5th boy, a blond boy known to the female student body as the most date worthy of all the males in the school, but known to his friends as Sage looked around with grayish-violet eyes that clearly said he didn't want to go, but after noticing he was greatly outnumbered he too agreed.

They put their hands together and cheered, but broke up afterwards due to the bell going off over their heads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Hotaru stepped out the door to her high school class as the last bell rang. Aerial had made it clear she was going to meet her here and walk with her to the subway. Several other students passed her before she heard a crash that sounded an awful lot like someone running into a trashcan. She walked towards the school trash bends to see Aerial lying on the floor covered in banana peals and other trash. It wasn't until Aerial started laughing that she did. The former stood up with a little help and brushed herself off, "Well Hotaru, got your swimsuit?" Hotaru nodded and Aerial continued, "I was coming to pick you up when I noticed this cute senior staring at me so I stared back. I just forgot to stop walking." She pasted on a loop-sided grin and grabbed her young friends arm, "come on. We need to go or we'll miss our train."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

(A.N. Ok I'm going to stop pretending like I don't know the Ronins now. It's getting annoying.)

Ryo paused in making his sand castle only long enough to flick sand at Rowan, who was laying on a dune reading a textbook and minding his own business. Thus the sand-ball fight between the two began. It wasn't long before they dragged Kento into the fight, and when one of Kento's sand-balls hit Sage right between the eyes it brought him in as well. Cye was playing with a crab when Rowan decided to be mean and pelted him with sand-balls until they were hardly able to tell it was the same boy.

The sand-ball fight that had started between Rowan and Ryo and had quickly gather the other three continued until Cye made the comment that it was amazing that they hadn't hit anyone else on the beach. Kento nodded and threw a sand-ball at Ryo, who ducked making Kento's sand-ball hit a 15-year-old girl in the back of the head.

She calmly stood up and brushed the sand out of her shoulder-length raven hair before turning to them and smiling, "I think you jinxed yourselves." Cye blushed and the boys set out to apologize to her. She smiled again calmly, "It's ok, my friends do the same thing so I'm use to it. My names Hotaru by the way." They each apologized to her again and introduced themselves. She pointed at the boy's surfboards and asked, "Are you going to go surfing anytime soon? My friend Aerial is out there right now, when she gets back maybe we can all go show each other what we can do?" It was only then that the boys noticed the girl that was walking towards them and waving, "Hey Hotaru! Did you find some friends?" They then proceeded to look this new comer over. She was about their age, nineteen. She had long wavy pure blond hair pulled back into a high ponytail and crystalline blue eyes. She wore a strapless baby blue bikini and a warm smile on her face, "I heard the part about surfing, and I'm game!"

In truth there were only two surfboards, Cye's board and Kento's (which he had borrowed from Cye.) The two of them agreed and left right as Rowen threw a sand-ball at the area where Cye had been sitting. The four remaining sat back to watch as their friends caught what Kento later nicknamed the Tsunami.

The three hit the killer wave and it wasn't long until Kento's board turned over. Neither of the other two surfers paid him much heed except for Aerial's taunting, "Seems your friend isn't cut out for the big ones. I've been surfing my whole life do you think you can beat me?" Cye smirked and pulled a move that splashed Aerial before speeding on, "So have I. We'll see who can top who." The wet blond looked surprised at first before smiling at her opponent, "Yes, we shall see."

The remaining Ronins laughed as they saw how fast Kento wiped out. Hotaru also giggled, "Looks like Aerial and Cye are both going to have good competition." The wave doubled over removing their friends from view. Right before it closed both teens emerged from the funnel and rode the dieing wave onto shore. The Ronins stood shocked, they had never met anyone who could beat Cye in anything dealing with the water. Hotaru just clapped and ran over to hug Aerial's neck then surprisingly gave Cye one as well, "That was awesome!! You two did so good!!"

Rowen and Ryo ran over to congratulant them as well until they heard a moan and Sage's laugher. Kento had washed onto the beach when the wave had died. He was sprawled out with his board still strapped to his right ankle, "Oh man that sucked. Guys, can we get some food I'm hungry."

Cye started laughing also, "But Kento, you're always hungry." Rowen nodded and in a heavy New York accent added, "yeah, besides. You ate about five hamburgers before we got here." The girls joined in the laugher before Hotaru agreed, "I know the feeling. I haven't eaten since before noon and I'm getting a bit hungry. Why don't we all go to the bar down the road? I'm not from Toyama but I saw it on the way in."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

They had all agreed with her idea and ended up gaining new friends. As they finished their hamburgers; and Kento finished the story of how they had spilt the duty of waking up Rowen over the weekdays when they lived together, they each told what their method to wake the lazy teen was and had all shared a good laugh when Sage told about the paper towels up each nostril method. That was when Rowen struck, "Hey I've got an idea! How about we call this woman we know for a get-together of old friends and new ones." Hotaru smiled as Aerial, and the other Ronins, all put on clueless expression as to what was going through the bearer of Strata's head. Hotaru answered that question, "Rowen Hashiba. Are you asking Aerial and myself to come over for dinner tomorrow." He nodded, "Yeah something like that. We'd have to call Mia first, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I mean she's got that mansion and everything. And besides, Aerial and fish-boy seem to be hitting it off pretty good." The two blushed, phone numbers were traded and the date was made.

Hotaru smiled then remembered Haruka's sister was coming in tomorrow and would be lonely if she had no one she knew to hang out with, "Ok, but can we bring someone else along? She's flying in and has no one else to stay with." Ryo shrugged, "I don't see why not." Kento just happened to look at his watch and screamed, "Man! Ma is gonna kill me. I was supposed to help with the Restaurant and it closed at ten! It's eleven!" Aerial jumped up and grabbed Hotaru's hand, "Haruka and Michiru are going to kill us. I told them I'd borrow for the afternoon not the night!! It was nice meeting you guys, see you tomorrow." If it hadn't been for the super senses they got from the armors they wouldn't have heard the last of her goodbye because she was out the door and heading for the subway.

Rowan laughed and slapped Cye's back, "I think you just found your perfect girl"