Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ Athena to the Rescue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another story of mine. This is Chapter 1.

Disclaimers: YYH and Sailor Moon aren’t mine. I only own Wish.

Chapter Summary: In the middle of the Tournament, Ami goes missing. She heads down to the side of the Urameshi Team. Turns out she and Kumara have a history together.

Chapter 1: Athena to the Rescue

*********************************************************** **********************************

Sitting at the far end of Koenma and George, Athena sweatdropped at the pair’s antics and sighed in resignation.

“Coo.” a soft whistle sounded beside her and she turned to face a dog-like rabbit.

“Hai, Wish?” she asked.

The rabbit hopped to her shoulder and mumbled something into her ear.

Athena nodded when Wish finished it account.

With a silent ‘swoosh’, she stood up, took her staff that was leaning on the wall and headed out of the door, ignoring Koenma’s and George’s puzzled looks. Wish went hopping after her.

Just hope I’m not too late. she prayed.

********************************************************** *************************

Meanwhile on the battle ring, Yusuke was forced to use immense Spirit Gun, capable of decimating the entire Ichigaki Team.

Then, the masked fighter stopped Yusuke from using his Spirit Gun, and told him she would do it herself.

Just as she was about to cast a paralyze spell, a sacred holy aura stopped her.

The masked warrior frowned slightly.

Nani? This power… masaka… Athena? the younger Genkai wondered.

Her suspicions were proven correct when the reborn Goddess of Wisdom appeared from the dark corridor.

Ignoring the hushed whispers that the audience was making, her calm eyes swept across the battle arena and landed on the Ichigaki Team.

“Cover your eyes Wish.” she advised.

The dog-like rabbit tilted its head cutely at its mistress and did what was told.

Shutting her eyes, Athena expanded her Cosmo, the sign on her staff emitting a holy light.

Drawn by the sacred light, the Ichigaki Team slackened as the light washed over them, cleansing the evil.

Then, the light faded off as Athena opened her eyes once more.

Scanning the arena, she quickly spotted Ichigaki, who was trying to make an escape.

With a deep frown, she retreated back to the dark corridor before the Urameshi Team could question her.

Kurama frowned slightly at the mysterious girl. Her dark-blue hair reminded him of someone he knew.

Then, he mentally shook his head.

Iie, it can’t be her. What would she be doing here anyway? he asked himself.

With the Ichigaki Team healed, the Urameshi Team confronted Ichigaki himself. The coward still tried to weasel himself out, informing them that the master was still sick, and only he had the cure.

Hiei and Kurama prove him wrong, when the master of the dojo appeared from the hallway, standing, although a bit weak.

Hiei retorted that after beating up Ichigaki's fifth fighter, they found the whereabouts of the master, and Kurama easily created a cure for the minor illness.

Defeated and with no other way out, Ichigaki injected himself with a strange serum, morphing him into a huge, hulking beast with stretchable arms.

He attacked the Urameshi Team, and when Hiei stepped up to finish him off, Yusuke insisted that he should be the one to take him.

Giving Ichigaki a ruthless beating and yelling at him the whole time, Yusuke eventually finished him a supercharged uppercut straight into the stands.

And with the Ichigaki Team dissolved, the Urameshi Team had won their second round.

*********************************************************** ***********************************

“That was reckless, Athena.” Koenma chided the Goddess.

“I know. But it was either that or Genkai would have to use her Spirit Wave. Yusuke would have realized who she was.” Athena replied.

Koenma grimaced.

“That numbskull won’t have realized that she was Genkai.” he retorted.

George nodded in agreement.

Just then, the voice of the committee blared out through the arena, stating that the next match would begin immediately. . .and Team Urameshi would be fighting it!

Everyone was in shock that they were being forced to fight two matches back to back, especially when everyone was still in bad condition.

The next team appeared, five fighters in dark black cloaks…

**************************************************** ******************************

“Two matches back to back? With no break?” Koenma exclaimed incredulously. “What is the committee thinking?”

“Where’s Athena-sama?” George asked.

Koenma looked around, true to be told, Athena was nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile, the Team Masho's owner was bribing the tournament committee when the door flung open.

The committee looked up to see a rather pissed off Goddess of War.

“Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely. What. Is. The. Meaning. Of. This!?” she spat.

“And you would be…” the head of the committee asked casually.

“Athena.” the Goddess replied coolly.

Gasps were heard all over.

The humongous form of the Team Masho's owner stormed over to her.

Athena quirked a brow at him, totally unfazed.

Wish fluffed up its fur, making it look bigger in defense of its mistress.

“You’ve interfered for the last time, woman.” he snarled.

“It is easy to kill me.” Athena began, as the man moved in to secure his hand over her throat. “But, you should know that it is useless to do so.”

“A thirty-minute intervene is all I ask.” Athena added, turning her attention to the tournament committee. “It is too much?”

The committee head thought for a second and nodded.

Turning on the microphone, he retracted the former announcement and gave the opposing teams a five-minute interval.

Her job done, Athena strolled out of the door, with Wish hopping beside her.

The Team Masho's owner snarled, his fist crutched in raw anger. Then, his frown lightened, he still had a few more tricks up his sleeve.

********************************************************** ****************************************

“Five minutes?” Yusuke exclaimed.

“Just make the best of it.” Botan retorted, still tending to the injured Kuwabara.

“She is right.” Kurama agreed.

A soft ‘coo’ turned Kurama’s attention to the ground.

Looking down, the red-head saw a grayish dog-like rabbit looking up at him.

“And where did you come from?” he asked, kneeling down.

Wish said nothing and dropped something into his palm. Then, it hopped off.

What’s this? Kurama questioned mentally.

Looking down at his palm, he saw a ring sitting prettily in his palm.

The circlet of silver had three delicate lilies carved where a jewel should have been.

Kurama knew what this meant.

His Ami-chan was back.

But what is she doing here? Kurama questioned mentally.

******************************************************** **********************************

SailorStar9: And so ends a chapter. Read and review.