Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ And Onto The Semi-Finals ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another story of mine. This is Chapter 3.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N.Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine. I only own Wish.

Chapter Summary: Basically the rest of the battle with Jin and Risho.

Chapter 3: And To The Semi-Finals

****************************************************** **********************************************

Back with Yusuke, the next match was set to begin: Yusuke vs. Jin.

Yusuke and Jin eventually wound up getting along, and Koto soon told them to begin. Jin finally landed the first punch.

Yusuke then replied that if he kept hitting like that, the fight would be interesting.

***************************************************** **************************************

Back with Genkai and company, Athena had turned back to see not Kurama’s emerald green eyes, but Yoko’s golden eyes staring pleadingly at her.

“Remember who you are Athena.” Genkai reminded.

The reborn Goddess nodded and sighed.

Tightening her grip around her staff, she shut her eyes painfully and walked off.

Once in the dark passageway, Athena sank to her knees and wept.

************************************************************ *****************************

Back in the arena, Jin was in the air, admiring the island.

Then, he swooped down and flew by Yusuke.

Yusuke turned around, taking a punch to the face. He tried to counter with a kick and missed.

Then, Jin pulled out his signature move, the Tornado Fist.

It was literally a tornado on his wrist. The punch missed Yusuke but the force forced him back. Yusuke went in for the hand to hand combat. Jin managed to block everything, except one punch. He fled back to the air to recover.

While he is recovering, Yusuke shot a ‘Spirit Gun’.

Jin created a tornado around him, deflecting the shot.

On the sideline, Botan realized that Yusuke could not fight close and far away.

On the other hand, Koenma was concerned because Jin used wind for both offense and defense.

Back on the arena, Jin came down with yet another Tornado Fist.

Yusuke did not even move.

But when Jin was at pointblank, Yusuke fired a ‘Spirit Gun’ into the Tornado.

One huge explosion later, Yusuke was thrown back to the medical tent.

Hiei informed him that Jin had blocked the ‘Spirit Gun’ with the Tornado Fist, and thus saving both of their lives

He added that a Shinobi would not be fooled with such tricks.

Both fighters got back on the ring.

Yusuke retorted he was not trying before.

Jin wanted him to try and prepared a Double Tornado Fist.

Yusuke thought up of a new strategy and went into a new stance.

Back outside the arena, everyone recognized it as Genkai's ‘Spirit Wave‘. They also realized the attack could kill him.

Jin was in the air with his Double Tornado Fist, and ready for the kill.

All of a sudden Yusuke muttered, "Time for something stupid."

His body was suddenly surrounded with spirit energy.

Everyone, namely Botan, Kuwabara, Keiko, Koenma was surprised.

Then Jin attacked with the first tornado fist. Yusuke then somehow managed to catch the fist.

Jin exclaimed in surprise, "No one can catch a tornado!"

Yusuke threw the fist, rendering the fist useless.

When Jin attacked with the second fist, Yusuke caught it with his foot.

He also rendered the second Tornado Fist useless.

Then, Yusuke yelled, "SPIRIT WAVE" and a punch full of blue energy nailed Jin right in the stomach.

********************************************************* ********************************

Athena gasped as she sensed the strong spirit energy emitting from Yusuke. Standing up, she rushed back to the arena.

Jin went flying into the air. The Masked Fighter explained that the Spirit Wave was like Yusuke's shotgun attack and that he must have learned it from Genkai.

********************************************************** *******************************

In the stands, Keiko was shocked, but Shizuru commented for them to move.

All of a sudden, a sparkle was seen in the sky and Jin's body came crashing down in the stands.

Koto made a ten count, and Yusuke was declared the winner.

********************************************************** *******************************

Shizuru and Keiko left the stadium momentarily.

Meanwhile Yukina, the ice apparition, was outside looking for a way to get inside.

********************************************************** *******************************

Team Masho's owner was shocked at the victory. The crowd was going nuts because Team Urameshi might actually win! The owner then asked the team leader, Risho, if he could that next fight

Risho then gave the owner an idea.

Just as the last fight was getting underway ,an announcement is made.

The committee announces that Yusuke was disqualified from the last fight because the ten-count was delayed when he was down.

The crowd was baffled, but then got excited because Yusuke was gone.

Botan yelled incredulously, "That is the biggest load of bull ever!"

Risho simply just asked for the victory.

But out of the blue, Kuwabara stepped up to the arena. He replied that they should not give in to the cheaters, but win like real men.

************************************************************* ****************************

Back to Shizuru and Keiko, when Shizuru was done, something gave her and idea.

She told Keiko to go and get Botan as fast as she can.

Shizuru approached Yukina and asked her what she was doing here.

Yukina replied that she was here to give support to Yusuke and Kuwabara. She also mentioned that she is looking for a long lost brother. Botan jumped up and hoped she did not know about Hiei. While she was thinking, Hiei sent a telepathic message saying "Tell her and die."

So while they tried to get in, a group a demons blocked their way. Shizuru managed to beat up a few demons before threatening the rest.

************************************************************ **********************************

Back to the fight. Kuwabara could barely walk but he offered to fight. Just before the new fight began, Touya approached Risho and explained that they should not resort to cheating and that Gama gave his life honorably. Risho's arm turned into stone and hit Touya, before explaining that he had forgotten the real purpose.

So the next fight was set - Risho, team Masho's leader, vs. Kazuma Kuwabara, who could barely move.

With the fight between Risho and Kuwabara underway, Risho was beating the crap out of Kuwabara, who could not even use his spirit sword.

*********************************************************** ******************************

Outside Shizuru, Keiko, Botan and Yukina were trying to get back inside. The demon security guard would not let all four back in, so they showed him some human butt kicking. They got chased by more security guards until they saw Toguro.

Then, Yukina had a flashback to her kidnapping.

Toguro, however, allowed the four go by. Apparently, he wanted the Urameshi team to win because he wanted a rematch with Yusuke, just as Sakyo promised.

******************************************************** *********************************

Eventually Kuwabara got cocky and forced Risho to reveal his Shinobi strength.

As it turns out, Risho was the Master of Earth.

He held up his finger and the ground shook.

“What the…” Yusuke muttered.

“Earthquake?” Kurama questioned.

“Well, he isn’t called the Master of Earth for nothing.” Athena replied, her eyes tuned to the arena.

Risho used his Armor of Clay technique to cover his body with earthen armor.

He then jumped up in the air and crashed into the ring like a giant meteor.

“World Crashing?” Athena suggested, slightly amused.

Everyone else looked at her, not getting the reference.

At the back of Kurama’s head, Yoko chuckled.

Yup, that was a rip-off of Uranus’ attack. he thought.

Kuwabara refused to go down.

Eventually Kuwabara realized he could not win.

He then made the fatal decision to use his life energy, just like Yusuke did against the final Saint Beast, Suzaku.

After saying his goodbyes to Hiei, Kurama, the Masked Fighter and Yusuke, and just as Risho was preparing to use the Meteor attack one last time, Kuwabara somehow managed to catch Risho before he hits the ground.

All of a sudden, he thought back to Yukina.

Suddenly, he heard a "KAZUMA." Cry.

Turning his head up, Kuwabara saw that Yukina was in the audience and rushed over to the stands.

With the appearance of the ice apparition, Kuwabara suddenly felt that his spirit energy was coming back to him.

Whipping out his ‘Spirit Sword, he turned to Risho who was thundering towards him.

Kuwabara thrust his sword into Risho, demolishing his Armor of Clay. Pulling his sword out, Kuwabara hit Risho one more time, sending him flying to the stands.

Team Urameshi had moved on to the semifinals!

****************************************************** ******************************************


SailorStar9: So ends Chapter 3. Stay tuned for Chapter 4.