Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ Secrets Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another story of mine. This is Chapter 4.

Hoshiko Megami: Yup I know. Mating between a human and a God is acceptable, but mating between a demon and a God is a big no-no. However, there e will be a twist to this rule in this chapter. Funny how Fate works.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N.Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine. I only own Wish.

Chapter Summary: Yusuke’s Spirit Egg was about to hatch and Koenma went back to the Spirit World to get it. Kurama also finds out why Athena had been ignoring him.

Chapter 4: Secrets Revealed

********************************************************* **********************************

After talking to Kayko, Yusuke was confronted by Botan. She told him that his Spirit Beast was about to hatch soon and Koenma had returned to the Spirit World to get it.

Koenma, in his tonnage self, startled the two by appearing behind Yusuke and showed the Spirit Detective the big egg.

Koenma then warned Yusuke that the egg would consume every part of him if he was evil.

Then, she sky grew dark and a bright light descended on the egg, which hatched after the light died down.

However, no one could see where the beast was.

After looking Yusuke, Botan and Koenma finally saw the ‘beast’, which turned out to be a small blue bird with big floppy ears.

Both Botan and Koenma burst out laughing.

Back at the hotel, Botan, Shizuru and Keiko and Kuwabara were teasing Yusuke about his ‘terrifying’ beast.

The bird, however, seemed to find Yusuke’s hair a very comfortable place to rest on.

Ticked off, Yusuke demanded the four out of his, or rather Kuwabara’s room.

************************************************************ *******************************

Meanwhile, another conversation was occurring along the corridor of Ami’s room.

Ami was about to use her card key when she noticed a shadow beside her.

“Blue.” Kurama began, stopping the girl in her tracks.

The azure-haired girl was silent, her grip on the card key tightened as she tried very hard to ignore the intoxicating scent of roses that whiffed past her nose.

She was about to slide the card through the slot when Kurama’s hand stopped her.

“Why?” he asked.

“Why are you ignoring me, Blue?” he asked.

Ami sighed as she slid the card through.

“Come in and I’ll explain.” she replied. A green light flashed on the screen, indicating that the door was open.

There leaning on a wall as her staff. Ami went over and took it. The symbol of the staff shone a bright light before shrinking back to its true form.

Kurama hid a startled gasp when he saw what was in her palm.

The staff had returned to its true form as a miniature replica of the Winged Victory Goddess.

Kurama knew it could only mean one thing; his Ami-chan was Athena.

“Please tell me you’re kidding.” Kurama’s voice shook in utter disbelief. He knew that demons are forbidden to mate with Gods, although history had recorded otherwise.

“The Victory Goddess on the right and the Shield on the left. I do believe that’s more than enough proof.” Ami replied softly.

“I also have Athena’s Divine Cloth.” she added.

“Gomen.” she apologized.

Then, she frowned as a familiar aura alerted her.

“Father.” she gasped, her head snapping up as she turned to face the window.

Kurama frowned deeply before grabbing Ami and pulling her out of the room.

“What the…” Ami blinked, not understanding.

A loud crash in the room was heard seconds later.

“Guess that answers my question.” she mumbled.

“My room is so totaled.” she added.

Kurama nodded mutely.

A few minutes later, the hotel personnel came running to check the damage.

After some time, the President came out and shook his head.

“I’m sorry miss, but it seems that you’ll have to make do without a room.” he apologized.

“Although we managed to salvage this.” he added, pulling out her blackened suitcase.

“I hate it when I’m right.” Ami sighed.

“I have space for one more.” Kurama suggested.

Ami rose a brow.

“Are you sure, Minamino?” she asked uncertainly

“If you want.” Kurama replied.

Ami sighed, “Guess I don’t have much choice.”

“You don’t, Blue.” Kurama answered determinedly, pulling her into his room.

************************************************************ *******************************

Once in Kurama’s room…

“It’s a little cramped, but we’ll have to improvise.” Kurama shrugged as Ami opened her suitcase.

“Does your improvision include snuggling in bed?” Ami teased, bemusement twinkling in her eyes.

Kurama blanched for a moment, then smirked.

“If you want…” he teased, his green eyes sparkled suggestively.

“Ecchi.” Ami muttered, blushing hard.

“Shower.” Kurama mumbled, pointing to the bathroom.

“Yes, Oh Great One.” Ami replied sarcastically as she grabbed her towel and her night grub.

Half an hour later, Kurama stepped out of the bathroom and was mildly surprised to find Ami kneeling by the window in deep prayer.

“You know it isn’t going to work here.” Kurama commented when Ami stood up.

“I do. But I’ll better be safe than sorry.” Ami replied.

Kurama nodded mutely.

********************************************************** *********************************

The next day, the team tried to scope out the competition.

Team Uraotogi had taken care of Team Gokki 6 in two minutes flat.

Only the badly injured Hiei and Kurama were present to watch the fight.

Kuwabara then told them to go to Yukina for healing, not knowing she was Hiei's sister.

He also mentioned her quest and Yusuke and Kurama started mocking the half fire demon.

Then, Team Toguro showed up. Toguro and his younger brother were there, as well as a guy in black with mask; Karasu; and a guy clad in armor; Bui.

The crowd roared in praise.

Back in the waiting room, Yusuke and the Masked Fight got into a verbal fight.

The Masked Fighter retorted she would be a better leader than Yusuke.

After leading him to a secluded place, she revealed herself to be Genkai.

Then, the trainer wanted him to shoot a rock.

Yusuke compiled and did.

In retaliation, Genkai shot a mountain.

As she did, she returned into her young self. She divulged that this was the effect of the Spirit Wave.

She also told Yusuke he had one last test.



************************************************** *****************************************

Meanwhile, Athena was at trial with her ototu-san aka Zeus and the rest of the Twelve Olympians on Mount Olympus.

“It has come to my attention that you, out of all Gods and Goddesses, stand by the side of the humans and demons.” Zeus accused.

“Guilty as charged.” Athena replied.

Forming a viewing globe on the smoky floor, Hera added, “The mortals have grown stupid and arrogant. Look at them. They are like sheep without a shepherd. We were their shepherds, and in their ignorance they have abandoned us. They are traitors to us and must therefore be punished accordingly.”

Athena quirked a brow.

“Is that so?” she questioned. “From what I see, the humans have prospered, without our guidance.”

“Athena is right.” Poseidon agreed.

“The mortals have persevered despite our involvement. Zeus, you should be honored. You have molded the ancient people to grow and progress into the people who use those horse-less chariots down there.” he added.

“Don’t be naïve, uncle.” Ares replied. “This, this travesty that you see before you had nothing to do with us. This was all for their own desires, their selfishness.” He turned to Zeus with a new resolve in his eyes and added, “Allow Hades to release the regions from Tartarus. I will lead them in a campaign against the mortals. Make them pay for turning their backs on us.”

“Now just a moment,” said Hades “I do not believe releasing the souls of the dead is wise, Zeus.”

“Nor do I,” Poseidon agreed.

“Why do the two of you stand by Athena’s side with you’ve been defeated by her?” Hera questioned.

“Exactly why we stand by her, sister.” Hades replied.

“We have seen Athena’s spirit and her true heart. Through our defeat, we’ve too seen why she stood by the mortals.” Poseidon added.

“And the demons?” Ares pressed, not pleased with how this was going to end up.

“Merely misunderstood and discriminated because of their differences between us Gods and humans.” Athena replied firmly.

“Differences?” Ares scoffed. “They are very much lower-classed than us.”

Athena rose a brow at Zeus, as if to say, ‘See what I mean?’

“You’re involved with one of the demons.” Aphrodite accused, as Hera’s viewing globe switched scene to show Kurama.

“That, I do not deny.” Athena replied.

Gasps were heard all over.

Turning to Zeus, Athena added, “Bring Selene to the court. You’ll see why I insist on loving that particular demon, father.”

The God of Thunder thought for a moment and gave consent.

The Goddess of the Moon was summoned to the court.

“Selene, Athena has said that you were the reason why she loved a demon.” Zeus began.

“That’s a lie.” Selene replied smoothly.

Athena smiled knowingly, “Yoko Kurama was my lover during the Silver Millennium.” she reminded the Moon Goddess.

“When you found out that my past self loved a thief, you banished him from the Silver Moon Court and forbade me to visit Earth.” she added.

“Is it true, Selene?” Hera asked.

“That’s a lie.” Selene repeated smoothly.

Zeus frowned.

Then, Hermes whispered something into his ear.

Zeus nodded in agreement and announced, “Bring Mnemosyne to the court. She’ll tell whether who is lying.”

The Goddess of Memory was brought forth.

“Queen Selenity, aka Selene; Goddess of the Moon, has lied about not banishing Yoko Kurama from the Silver Moon Court.” Mnemosyne reported upon entering.

Zeus turned a questioning look at the Moon Goddess.

“Gods and mortals aren’t allowed to mate.” Selene declared falsely.

“Then what about Pandeia and Endyimon?” Athena asked.

Selene stiffened visibly.

“Endyimon is royalty.” Selene defended.

“And so is Yoko Kurama.” Mnemosyne reported.

“The kitsune demon was the first born of Queen Jupiter. Because he was an offspring of a demon and since Selene declared that the Planetary Queens weren’t allowed to have male children, she sent Yoko Kurama to Earth before his birth mother could even take a glance at him.” Mnemosyne accused calmly.

“Is that true, Selene?” Hera questioned.

“Mnemosyne is lying.” Selene declared.

“I only speak the truth, my lord.” Mnemosyne replied.

“If Selene still insists that she speaks the truth, then allow her to swear the most holy oath, by Styx, the river of the Underworld.” Athena suggested.

Selene paled considerably and finally admitted, “It is true. Both Mnemosyne and Athena were not lying.”

“Then why Selene?” Hera asked.

“Only Pandeia deserves to have a lover, since she isn’t a Planetary Senshi.” Selene retorted selfishly.

“She was Eternal Sailor Moon.” Hermes pointed out.

Selene smirked, “I said ‘Planetary Senshi’.”

Aphrodite rose a brow, “So you mean that only your dear daughter deserves to have a lover and not the rest?”

“Yes.” Selene replied haughtily.

“Love is no crime but it is an obstacle. And as a Planetary Soldier and a Guardian of the Silver Alliance, it is an obstruction that cannot be allowed.” she added smugly. “All the girls, minus Pandeia, must focus on their duty alone. Any other affairs are mere obstructions.”

“I see.” Zeus nodded.

“Then, why do you insist on loving that particular demon, Athena?” he asked his favored daughter.

“Because during a failed theft, Yoko Kurama was trapped and almost killed by a member of the Spirit Defense Force. He just barely escaped, in the form of his soul, hid the embryo of a human baby he was born to a human woman, Shiori Minamino. The child was later renamed as Shuichi Minamino.” Athena reported.

“As you can see father, Shuichi Minamino is indirectly the reincarnation of Yoko Kurama.” she added.

At this point, Hermes rose a question to Selene, “If Demeter mated with a demon, then why wasn’t she prosecuted like Athena?”

“She couldn’t turn against one of her kind, since I wasn’t the only one guilty of this ‘crime’. Am I right, Selene?” Demeter replied, entering the court.

Curtsying at the Council, she apologized, “Please forgive my sudden intrusion.”

Turning to look at the deeply incensed Moon Goddess, Hera questioned, “Is Demeter’s accusations true?”

Stammering slightly, Selene merely nodded.

“Yes.” she answered.

Zeus frowned and finally judgment was passed.

Due to Selene’s interfering in the Silver Millennium, Chione’s chance at finding love was passed by. Now reborn as Athena, she is allowed to mate with Shuichi Minamino, the reincarnation of Yoko Kurama; the former lover of Chione.

Athena sighed in mental relief as she exited from Mount Olympus.

Minamino will be so happy to hear this. She thought.

********************************************************* ********************************

SailorStar9: Phew, finding extra information isn’t easy. Read and review.