Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ The Semi-Final Fight, Part One ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another story of mine. This is Chapter 5.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N.Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine. I only own Wish.

Chapter Summary: Basically the fight between Team Urameshi and Team Uratogi.

Chapter 5: The Semi-Final Fight

************************************************************ *********************************

Genkai had told Yusuke that his final test was to kill her.

Yusuke started to ponder and had second thoughts.

He later met up with Genkai in a cave and told her that he could not.

She told him that was the first part of the test. She would not give her power to someone who would kill her.

She also revealed that her source of power was her ‘Spirit Wave Globe’.

She conjured a bright ball of energy and Yusuke's test was to absorb it.

He agreed to the terms, even though the test could very well kill him.

Genkai forced the orb in him.

He felt nothing at first, but then he collapsed in pain.

************************************************************ ****************************

In a new ring, the semifinals begin. Team Urameshi entered, missing two of their members; Genkai and Yusuke.

They were facing Team Uraotogi.

“Where are they?” Kuwabara asked, looking around.

Nobody answered.

After the rather uncomfortable silence, Hiei and Shishiwakamaru agreed to choose the fight by dice.

The first fight was Hiei and Makintaro.

Hiei wiped out his katana after Makintaro wanted him to make a move.

Hiei then held up Makintaro severed arm.

************************************************************* **************************

“He's fast!” Koenma noted.

George nodded, his eyes wide open, “I need some eye drops!”

“When did he…” Kuwabara was stunned.

********************************************************* *********************************

Makintaro then revealed his attack, the Axe-blade fist.

However, Hiei was too quick for him and stabbed his head.

************************************************************ ********************************

Meanwhile, Genkai watched on as Yusuke suffered through her test.

Yusuke was still in the midst of Genkai's ‘Spirit Wave Orb’ absorption test.

After a while, Genkai realized that this was too much for Yusuke and tried to take the orb back

However, Yusuke reclaimed it. He wanted to finish the test.

************************************************************ ********************************

Back in the ring, Shishiwakamuru rolled the dice.

It landed on Kuro Momotaro and a free space for Team Urameshi.

Hiei volunteered to fight and both fighters stepped in.

Kuro then asked for Hiei's katana which he later licked the blade and cut himself with it.

The fight assued when Kuro pulled out his Spirit Dumpling out of his belt and squeezed it.

After inhaling the fumes from the sphere, hair started to grow from Kuro’s body.

This was his first beast armor, the Armor of the Ape.

Hiei then tried to attack with his sword, but it broke in three pieces.

Kuro gave him a few punches, sending him flying into the wall.

Kuro explained once his body was hit with an attack, it memorized the pain and Spirit Dumplings were merely a catalyst that rendered his body immune to the attack.

Then Kuro asked for the ‘Darkness’ attack.

Hiei removed his bandage, revealing his Jagan eye and began the attack.

********************************************************** **********************************

On the side, Kurama explained that the ‘Darkness’ attack drained his user of spirit energy and that Hiei did not have enough spirit energy to execute the ‘Dragon of the Darkness Flame’ move.

************************************************************ ******************************

Now, Hiei's arm was filled with energy as he punched Kuro with the ‘Fist of the Mortal Flame’.

**************************************************** **************************************

Kurama then added that this is like the ‘Darkness’ technique except the Flame is from Human World.

*********************************************************** *******************************

Kuro stood right back up and released another Spirit Dumpling.

He now exhibited his second beast armor, Armor of the Phoenix, which made him look like a giant bird.

************************************************************ ******************************

Hiei continued his struggle against Kuro Momataro, who had just transformed to his second armor of beast, the Phoenix Armor.

Kuro now decided to show off by transforming into his third, and most powerful armor, the Wolf Armor.

Kuro threw his last Spirit Dumpling, and he transformed into his hideous wolf form.

Hiei redrew his broken blade, and Kuro mocked, telling him that if his sword could not on the first armor, what were the odds of it working on the third.

Hiei then used the power he stored for his ‘Dragon of the Darkness Flame’ and channeled into his sword, creating the ‘Sword of the Darkness Flame’.

Kuro jumps to bite him, and Hiei killed him in midair.

********************************************************** *************************************

Kuwabara nodded and remarked, “Hm, what he did isn't that different from what I do with my Spirit Sword, except it‘s a lot more powerful.”

Then, Kuwabara exclaimed, “Hey, wait! Were you saying that my Spirit Sword lacks any art or tact?!”
Hiei scoffed, “Of course.” as he leapt down.

************************************************************ ******************************

The next dice roll revealed that it was Kurama’s turn to battle.

Ura Urashima was a small boy who battled with a fishing pole.

He started by swinging it in a circle, and Kurama produced a rose and countered with his Rose Whip.

They started having a whip battle, running diagonally across the arena.

*********************************************************** *******************************

Hiei then revealed that Kurama had a bad habit of playing around until he could determine the nature of his opponent and devise a strategy from it.

************************************************************** ****************************

Back in the fight, Ura Urashima launched into a sob story about his sick grandmother, and he was only on the team because Shishiwakamaru, the team leader, promised him riches through telepathy.

He asked Kurama to kill him, since he felt it was the only way out.

Kurama advised that he could fake his death by allowing him to hit him with the Rose Whip in a way that would knock him out.

Ura falsely agreed.

Kurama went in for the hit when Ura Urashima disappeared.

He was soon hit by the fishing pole and the cruel laughter told Kurama was tricked.

Ura Urashima decided to unleash a great weapon known as the Idunn Box.

The magic inside the box would cause anyone but the user who breathed the smoke to go back in age and become a helpless baby.

Kurama tried to hold his breath, but he breathed the smoke nonetheless, and we see him go back in age.

But the Idunn Box had pushed him too far.

And as we all know, Kurama was a fox named Yoko before possessing the human baby Suiji, so it took him back to before he was born; Kurama has transformed into Yoko Kurama!

********************************************************** *********************************

SailorStar9: So ends Chapter 5. A little short, I know, but Athena will reappear in the next chapter, so stay tuned for Chapter 6.