Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ The Semi-Final Fight, Part Two ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine. This is Chapter 6.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N. Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: The fight between Team Urameshi and Team Uratogi continues. Athena returns to find Yoko had reappeared.

Note: Mild Kuwabara bashing.

Chapter 6: The Semi-Final Fight, Part Two

************************************************************** ******************************

Reappearing back in the Makai, Athena gasped at the very familiar aura that was emitting from the arena.

Yoko? she wondered in disbelief.

Focusing harder, Athena sucked in a breath when she realized that it was indeed Yoko Kurama.

********************************************************** ********************************

With both Ura Urashima and the newly transformed Yoko Kurama trapped in the ring, the true battle began.

Yoko finally showed himself, and unleashed an attack known as the Death Tree.

Yoko Kurama then demanded that Ura Urashima tell him the secret of the Idunn Box.

Ura protested that he had no idea, and that he only joined Team Uratogi because Shishiwakamaru promised him riches.

Yoko obviously knew that he was lying and threatened to kill him.

Just as the Death Tree was about to devour the poor Ura, a soft, Omaginasai, Yoko. sounded in his head.

Amelia? Yoko questioned back in disbelief.

You aren’t that ruthless, are you kitsune? Athena’s worried voice asked.

Who me? Yoko replied not-so-innocently.

Athena sighed.

Just get back to the fight before Ura tries something else. she remarked and shut off the link.

Ura finally then started telling the truth.

He admitted that he was not even Ura Urashima, and both Kuro Momotaro and Makintaro were not who they seemed either. That they were together when Shishi and Onji showed up, and he was about to say something else when a sword flew into the ring, hitting Ura, who then changed into a wolf-like creature.

As the smoke cleared, it was seen that it was Shishi that threw the sword. Juri then declared Kurama the winner.

Shortly after the smoke cleared, Kurama returned back into his regular form.

************************************************************ ******************************

Back in the darkened passageway, Athena sighed in relief as Yoko’s aura faded.

*********************************************************** *******************************

The teams both roll their dice, and for Team Uraotogi, it's none other than the captain Shishiwakamaru.

For Team Urameshi, it was a free space.

Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara then started fighting over who should go.

They then decided to settle it with a game of rock-paper-scissors.

Kuwabara won, but Hiei replied he unfolded his hand later than he and Kurama.

Kuwabara complained, saying how was he to know, and Hiei's ever-creepy Jagan Eye glowed.

They played another game, and Kuwabara won again.

*********************************************************** ********************************

Meanwhile, Yusuke was still tortured by Genkai's ‘Spirit Wave Globe’ absorption test, but after Puu became endangered, Yusuke finally absorbed the orb, saving the bird.

************************************************************ ******************************

Kuwabara now started his battle against Shishi Wakamaru.

It then evolved into a duel between a sword of energy and a sword of steel.

Shishi was obviously the more skillful of the two. They battled on and on until Shishi unleashed one of his two special items known as the ‘Cape of No Return’.

Shishi threw the cape at Kuwabara which surrounded the redhead.

Kuwabara fell through a dimensional portal into the ring that was used before the semi-finals.

There, he found Botan, Kayko, Yukina, and his sister; lost.

He lead them to the new ring.

************************************************************ ********************************

Meanwhile, they rolled the dice again to decide the fight.

It came up on a free space for Team Uratogi, and the Masked Fighter for Team Urameshi.

Hiei was prepared to take her place when she magically showed up behind him to stop him.

“Is it…” Athena trailed, looking down at the Masked Fighter.

Genkai nodded in response to her unasked questioned.

“Mataka.” Athena muttered in understanding.

After answering her question, Genkai leapt into the arena.

Shishi was curious about the identity, and he cut the mask.

Upon discovering that the Masked Fighter was really Genkai, Shishi tried to get the team disqualified by saying that they're using the Masked to sneak in fighters.

******************************************************** ************************************

“That young female from before is Genkai.” Athena remarked, stepping beside the shocked Kurama.

The two male demons looked at the Goddess of Wisdom in non-understanding.

“The ‘Spirit Wave’ has a strange side effect on its user. It turns the caster back to the age where he/she is at his/her peak of his/her power.” Athena explained.

Both Hiei and Kurama nodded.

But Toguro steps in and the committee finds nothing wrong. A new chapter in the semi-finals was set to begin.

However, Genkai had a great deal more wits than Shishi, and really nailed him a few times.

Shishi then decided to use his second item: the ‘Banshee Shriek’.

Shishi was really excited at the prospect of defeating Genkai with his sword.

He knew if he did, he would become famous.

He then showed off his power of the ‘Chorus of a Thousand Skulls’ on the audience.

The ghastly skulls screeched across the entire stadium.

********************************************************* ***********************************

Wish shivered as it ‘coo’-ed in fear and hid behind Athena’s legs.

“Ghost Trap Mirror.” was all the Goddess whispered as a faint glow appeared between her hands.

An intricate mirror appeared between her palms when the glow faded.

Then the said mystic mirror activated as the glass let out a shiny stream of Underworld dust.

It was not long before the ghosts were sucked into the mirror like a vacuum cleaner.

With the last of the ghosts in the mirror, Athena took a small step back to counter the impact before sealing the mirror with her seal.

“Thank heavens for small miracles.” she muttered.

“And what’s that?” Hiei asked, pointing to the strange-looking mirror she had.

“A little gift from Hades. It’s basically a gateway to the Acheron Slope.” she mildly explained.

“They shouldn’t be bothering us for some time. You can come out now, Wish.” Athena chided the dog-like rabbit.

“Coo.” Wish heaved in relief.

********************************************************** **********************************

Genkai, however, was able to dodge it.

After one more Chorus, Shishi unleashed another of his new sword's power, the ‘Death Cage’.

Genkai and Shishi were surrounded by a barrier of energy.

Shishi then went in for the kill with an attack in which he passed his spirit energy into his sword when Genkai caught it and fired the ‘Spirit Reflection Blast’, blasting Shishi right through the cage.

************************************************************ ********************************

“Doesn’t he know that going head-on isn’t going to work on an opponent with more experience?” she added.

“Guess not.” Kurama replied, as Genkai caught the sword.

“Spirit Reflection. Looks like Genkai hasn’t lost her touch.” Athena commented, rather amused.

********************************************************** **********************************

We then see Genkai had transformed into her younger form by stealing Shishi's energy.

He then tried two more times to kill her when finally it was too much for him and he passed out. Genkai was declared the winner!

********************************************************** ********************************

“Don’t look now. The idiot’s back.” Hiei muttered.

Athena quirked a brow.

“You don’t like him very much, do you?”

“There are times I’d rather have him castrated.” Hiei retorted.

“Enough said.” Athena sighed.

********************************************************** ********************************

Kuwabara went up against the old man, but lost the same way he did against Shishiwakamaru; through a dimension warp.

************************************************************ ******************************

“What are the odds of that happening?” Athena questioned, amused when Kuwabara was trapped inside a dimensional globe.

“Very huge.” Hiei answered.

Athena quirked a brow.

“You really don’t like him very much, do you?”

“And it took you this long to figure out?” Hiei smirked.

“I can't believe he walked right into that trap on his own.” Kurama remarked.
Hiei nodded, “He is a first class fool.”
Genkai replied, “Agreed. A fool and a moron.”

“Koenma’s probably on a sugar-high when what he made that dofus a Spirit Detective.” Athena muttered in disbelief.

“Sugar-high?” Kurama quirked a brow.

“Then explain to me why the heck Koenma made him a Spirit Detective?” she asked, pointing to Kuwabara.

******************************************************** **********************************

The old man and Genkai were decided as the two combatants for the next match.

Though after making a joke of the battle of the geezers, Genkai then exploited the other old man's true identity as Suzuka, some joker guy with a ton of tricks and disguises.

******************************************************* ***********************************

“Genkai in a brawl battle? Now I’m officially scared.” Athena muttered as she watched Genkai getting pumped up.

“Oh really?” Kurama quirked a brow.

“Heard of sarcasm?” Athena death-panned.

“I know, Blue.” Kurama smirked.

“Sure Shuichi. Anything you say.” Athena replied in amusement.

Kurama looked at her, surprised.

“I’ll explain later.” Athena mouthed, her attention focused back on Genkai.

“The idiot’s back.” Hiei commented as Kuwabara burst back into the arena.

“What did I miss?” the redhead asked.

“Nothing much. Just Genkai’s about to break some bones.” Athena shrugged.

Kurama nodded, “Suzuka’s going to need immediate medical attention after this.”

“Screw needing immediate medical attention, Shuichi. Knowing Genkai, Team Uratogi’s going to need a new member period.” Athena sniggered.

******************************************************* ******************************************

Meanwhile, Genkai was beating the crap out of Suzuka.

********************************************************** ***************************************

“That had to hurt.” Kurama commented, as Genkai’s fists crushed up on Suzuka’s back.

“That’s one old woman I don’t want to mess with.” Kuwabara nodded.

“Anyone knows how many punches she gave him already?” Athena asked, her eyes twinkling.

Kuwabara shook his head.

“Lost count.” Kurama admitted.

Hiei gave her a different answer when he placed his hand on his katana.

“Down boy. Or I’m confiscating that katana of yours.” Athena warned jokingly.

“Don’t order me onna.” Hiei retorted.

“Well, this ‘onna’ is older than Koenma and has more authority than Enma Daioh. Your point being?” Athena asked, smirking.

Hiei muttered something about ‘Damn Immortals and their threats.’ under his breath.

“You just love baiting him, why don’t you?” Kurama mumbled, bemused.

“Can you two lovers stop flirting and concentrate on the fight?” Kuwabara asked.

“Shut your trap or I’ll obliterate you out of the Milky Way.” Athena threatened, glaring the redhead.

“Or, I could give shorty over there.” she added, pointing to Hiei and ignoring the said half-fire demon’s glare. “Permission to obliterate you out of the planet.”

Kuwabara gulped and shut up.

************************************************************** ***********************************

Meanwhile, Yusuke recovered from the torturous absorption of Genkai's ‘Spirit Wave Globe’, which promised to give him unfathomable power.

Yusuke's team had claimed their spot in the Dark Tournament's final round.

Now, Team Toguro must try to do the same.

************************************************************ *************************************

After the fight was over, the team, minus Yusuke was walking back to the hotel.

Yukina admitted, “I had a kick out of watching you fight, Kazuma.”
Kuwabara grinned sheepishly “Why, thank you Yukina. It's nice to see someone appreciates my strategy. See, there was no one worth wasting my energy on so, I had the bad guy reveal their weaknesses so Genkai could knock them down.”
Shizuru snickered, “More like you made a big mess and Genkai cleaned after you like someone always does.”
Kuwabara retorted, “Hey, that stung! you take that back sis!”
Shizuru shrugged, “Just the truth bro.”

Kuwabara snorted, “Yeah, well, no one cares!”
Hiei scoffed, “Actually, I'd like to hear it.”
Kuwabara retorted sharply, “Stay out of this shorty!”
Kurama quirked a brow at the quarrelling siblings.

“Sibling love huh?” he muttered.

“Just be glad we’re the only child on the house Shuichi.” Athena replied, shaking her head.

Aloud she declared, “Children, and I use the term loosely. Please behave your age, since I’m skeptical about your mental age.”

“Hey what is that supposed to mean?” Kuwabara protested, amidst the sniggers.

“My point is made.” Athena replied flatly.

********************************************************** ***************************************

SailorStar9: And so ends another rather amusing chapter. Read and review.