Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ A New Enemy ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine. This is Chapter 7.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N. Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Chaos is back and stronger than ever. He is Entropy, the shaker of the balance. Eternal Sailor Moon and the Senshi aren’t enough to destroy him this time round, it’s the Gods to the rescue! The Shitennou, reborn as the human forms of the Saint Beasts, are given a chance of redemption by protecting Athena. Will they succeed in defeating Entropy?

Chapter 7: A New Enemy

************************************************************ *******************************

“Do they think they’ve destroyed me?” Entropy bellowed as he saw his lesser replica being expelled out of Sailor Galaxia.

The real form of Chaos was currently residing in the Galaxy Cauldron as he watched the battle unfold.

Sailor Galaxia was wrong in thinking that the galaxy's strongest Sailor Crystal was Sailor Moon's Ginzuishou.

In fact, it was the Life Jewels of the Twelve Gods of Olympus, the ultimate reigning powers of the Universe.

Sailor Moon's Ginzuishou could not come close to the power the Life Jewel of one Olympian God held.

Entropy sneered as all the Sailor Crystals returned to their true forms.

All except two.

Mercury’s Sailor Crystal and Saturn’s Sailor Crystal were excluded from the group as they swirled into a mystical whirlwind that could only be created by the Olympians themselves.

“It’s time I took over.” Entropy laughed as he exited out of the Galaxy Cauldron.

******************************************************** ************************************
Meanwhile, the three dead Shitennou were brought before Hades and Persephone.

“The three of you will be resurrected and given a chance to redeem yourselves.” Hades declared.

Persephone nodded before adding, “The three of you will be reborn as the human forms of the Saint Beasts.”
Hades replied as he formed a crystal orb before the three revived Shitennou.

“Your job is to protect and aid her against Entropy.”

“But that’s…” Kunzite stammered.

“That brat’s Mercury!” Zoicite hissed.

“Was.” Persephone corrected.

Hades nodded in agreement.

“After the battle against Chaos, she is reborn as Athena.”

Nephrite gasped, “She’s one of the Twelve Olympians?”

“A Goddess?” Kunzite added in disbelief.

“Quite unbelievably.” Jadeite added, entering the court,

“Has Hermes explained everything?” Hades asked the Shitennou who was broken out of his cybernetic prison.

“Hai Hades-sama. And I accept my mission. I’ve betrayed Prince Endymion and I’m willing to do anything for redemption.” Jadeite announced, kneeling before the rulers of the Underworld.

“Good.” Hades nodded and turned to the other three.

“Kunzite, Zoicite and Nephrite, do the three of you accept this mission?” he asked.

“I do.” Nephrite answered.

“So as I.” Kunzite replied.

The reminding left, Zoicite sighed as the other three looked expectedly at him.

“I do.” he answered.

Hades nodded in approval.

******************************************************** ***********************************

That night, Athena was drawn to the rooftop by some unknown force.

“He arrives.” an eerie voice began behind her.

“You feel it, Hekete.” Athena replied. It was not a question.

Tomoe Hotaru stepped forward, standing in her dark glory, black wings and long black hair surrounding her.

“Hai.” was all Hekete answered.

“He will break free.” she concluded.

“I’m afraid he already did.” Athena added.

A sudden gasp alerted the two Goddesses.

“The four of you have finally arrived.” Athena whispered.

The four Shitennou knelt before the Goddess.

“Athena.” Nephrite greeted.

“Has Hades told you of your mission?” she inquired.

“Hai.” Kunzite answered, not trusting the rest to reply.

“Good.” she added, turning to face the four reborn Shitennou.

“Then you know what to do.”

Surprisingly, it was Zoicite who answered.

“Of course, Athena.”

*************************************************** ***************************************

Half an hour later, Athena was alone again, not having moved from her spot.

Daijoubo desu ka?¡± Kurama asked as he hugged her from behind.

“Shuichi…” Athena mumbled, savoring his warmth.

“Call me Kurama here.” he corrected.

“You told me you’ll explain.” he added.

“I had a brief meeting with ototu-san and the others on Mount Olympus. Turns out you were involved in the Silver Millennium.” she added.

Kurama had to smile, his memories going back to the times when Mercury sneaked down to see him.

Athena quickly stole a kiss before continuing, “There’s also something you ought to know. You were the first born of Queen Jupiter. Because you was an offspring of a demon and since Selenity declared that the Planetary Queens weren’t allowed to have male children, she sent you to Earth before Queen Jupiter could even take a glance at you.”

“NANIDE?” Kurama exclaimed in disbelief.

All this time, he had wondered about his parents. Now, she tells him that he was a Prince! The Crown Prince of Jupiter nonetheless!

“Not only that, Yusuke and the other guys, they too are the Princes of the Inner Planets.” Athena admitted.

“It’s easy to guess which planet Hiei is from.” Kurama noted.

“Hai. He’s from Mars. Princess Reiko’s younger brother.” Athena agreed.

Then, she dropped the bombshell, “Yusuke’s my nii-san.”

“Don’t joke.” Kurama mumbled in skepticism.

“I’m serious.” Athena replied.

“If that’s the case, then Kuwabara …” Kurama guessed.

“Hai, he’s from Venus.” Athena replied, answering his unasked question.

“And we didn’t know because…” Kurama pressed.

“One word: Selenity.” Athena answered.

“Darn her!” Kurama hissed.

Athena smiled gently.

Aishiteru.” she whispered, turning her head and capturing his lips in a soft kiss.

Kurama moaned softly, as he pressed his beloved closer to him.

Her duty temporarily forgotten, Athena gave in to her concealed emotions.

******************************************************** **********************************

“Her appearance as Athena alters the future.” Hekete remarked to her companion.

“True.” Mnemosyne agreed.

The two Goddesses were now at the Time Gates, discussing the eventual arrival of their new enemy.

“Will the girls…” Hekete asked.

“Iie. In their anticipation of the coming of Crystal Tokyo, not only Endymion and Serenity, the others; they too have lost their way. The strength of their hearts, the true force behind their powers, has diminished, been weakened by their growing vanity and egotism.” Mnemosyne, aka Eternal Sailor Pluto, admitted sadly.

“Mataka.” Hekete nodded.

“Not all.” a new voice interjected.

Mnemosyne smiled.

“It’s good to see you, Chloris.” she noted.

The Goddess of Nature nodded at the two Goddesses.

“Have you warned them?” she asked Mnemosyne.

Mnemosyne frowned and shook her head. “A warning will do them no good,” she said. “Their minds are too far gone. Only the sudden arrival of Entropy will truly spur them to action.”

“But isn’t Chaos our last enemy?” Chloris questioned, not understanding.

“Chaos will be our last enemy. The Chaos Serenity fought was only a lesser replica of the true Chaos. Entropy is the real Chaos.” Mnemosyne declared.

“The creation of Crystal Tokyo should never have happened in the first place. Trying to recreate the Silver Millennium. The past belongs in the past, and we were fools to think that we could bring an age from two thousand years ago to the present, and make it fit. The Earth will pay for this grave mistake.” Mnemosyne prophesized.

“Mnemosyne…” both Hekete and Chloris mumbled in worry.

“Athena already foresaw this.” Mnemosyne added.

Chloris frowned, “She did?”

However, Hekete nodded in understanding.

“She is the Goddess of Wisdom.”

“If they continue in this way, there will be no future! What we are looking at will be the ultimate end of an era. Crystal Tokyo will fall just like the Silver Alliance.” Mnemosyne declared hotly.

Turning to the other two, she asked, “Do you know why Queen Selenity forbade us, the Planetary Senshi, from loving someone in a non-plutonic way?”

The two Goddesses shook their heads.

“Because she was afraid. Queen Selenity always felt that the Silver Alliance was not always be a sure thing; that the entire presence of the Silver Millennium was a hoax, something that would disappear in the blink of an eye.” the Goddess of Memories revealed.

Hekete gasped in remembrance “And what better way to ensure the future of her prosperous Moon Kingdom than to confine the Senshi within? Mercury was the first Senshi to leave the glittering walls of the Moon Kingdom. The others would venture outside the walls, but they only ever went so far, and that was only after gaining specific permission by the Queen.”

Mnemosyne nodded, “That had been the first law placed upon us; restriction from the rest of the planets. The second came as an extra means that none of the Senshi would forget that they existed only for one reason: to protect the Queen and Princess. Any life outside of that was quickly swallowed up by our responsibilities and by the very fact that we were no longer allowed to pursue intimate relationships with anyone.”

“And Chloris, the man Mercury fell in love with so long ago, was your brother. He was supposed to be the Crown Prince of Jupiter.” Mnemosyne exposed.

“Nande?” Chloris exclaimed.

Mnemosyne nodded sadly.

“Why couldn’t I remember him?” Chloris demanded.

“Selenity made sure that none of you Inners remembered anything else, except your duties. All of you were not to recall anything, not even your own families.” Mnemosyne revealed.

“Did Mnemosyne mention that Selenity also betrayed the planets in the worst way possible?” Hekete spat.

“How so?” Chloris asked.

“When ever a battle broke out, she will sent all the other planets’ armies to battle, and never her own!” Hekete hissed.

“And when we were on the losing side, she shut the Kingdom gates, trapping the survivors out and leaving them to be slaughtered by the enemy. ”Hekete hissed.

“God.” Chloris gasped.

“You see Chloris . Not all is well and happy in the Silver Millennium.” Mnemosyne nodded.

********************************************************** *********************************

Athena. Zeus’ voice sounded in his favored daughter’s head.

Hai ototu-san? Athena replied.

Be wary my child. he warned.

It’s Entropy, isn’t it? Athena questioned.

So you knew. Zeus noted.

You do have the Toki no Kusabi yes? Zeus asked.

Hai. Athena replied. The Link of Time was no ordinary sword. This is one sword that had been dipped in a potion for dreamless sleep created by the Astral Princess. Only when she, or the sword‘s wielder, wishes to reverse it will the recipient awaken from their seeming death.

And the Toki no Byoushin? Zeus pressed.

Safe. I still have it. Athena replied.

Good, then we have a chance at defeating Entropy. Zeus declared.

******************************************************** ***********************************

SailorStar9: And so ends another serious chapter. Read and review.