Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ The Death of Genkai ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine. This is Chapter 8.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N. Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Genkai dies. Athena senses Genkai’s resolve and goes after her. The Toki no Byoushin then goes into action, sealing Genkai’s spirit into the jewel. Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara meet up with the reincarnated Saint Beasts and the amnesty is resolved.

Chapter 8: The Death of Genkai

*********************************************************** ****************************

Meanwhile, Toguro and Genkai stood facing each other.

Genkai then asked Toguro why he had invited her to the Dark Tournament, and Toguro replied that he wanted her to see the truth about the cruelty of time.

************************************************************ ***************************

Elsewhere. Kuwabara was trying to find Yusuke who had ran off previously.

He encountered his sister, Botan, Keiko, and Yukina, and asked whether they had seen Yusuke.

They replied they had not

Immediately thereafter, Yusuke was running through a forest. He had sensed Toguro's power.
**************************************************************** ***********************
Back with Genkai and Toguro, Genkai confirmed that she had passed the ‘Spirit Wave’ onto Yusuke, and Toguro replied that because of that, there was no further need for Genkai. He planned to kill her.
****************************************************************** *********************
Next come a flashback of Toguro and Genkai's younger days.

It showed their defeating a team of demons rather effortlessly, and then their conversation in a boat. It was then when Toguro revealed that he was not scared of the fact that stronger opponents would challenge them, but rather that they would come when he was too old and weak to fight. He told Genkai that his greatest desire was to have a never-aging body.
***************************************************************** **********************
He then transformed to 45 percent of his total power, and charged at Genkai, who held her ground, remembering that she only had enough energy to fire 3 more blasts of ‘Spirit Guns’.
She charged up as well, jumping into the air and crashing into Toguro, firing a blast into his arm. Toguro quickly made a grab, which Genkai narrowly avoided. She flew backward and landed, panting.
Toguro dropped a bloody piece of Genkai's tunic to the ground and revealed that he was trying to rip her heart out. He then noted that 45 percent of his power was insulting to Genkai; he was going to let her see 80 percent of his strength.
************************************************************* *****************************
Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara all sensed the energy, wondering what could be causing it.

************************************************************** *************************

On the rooftop, Athena was alerted by Genkai’s mental plea to her not to mention her decision to Yusuke.

The Goddess frowned at the massive energy coming from the forest and hurried off to the direction where Toguro and Genkai were.

************************************************************ ***************************

Toguro told Genkai that she was the fourth person to ever see him use that much power, but that she would not be counted for long.

He fired an energy blast, which Genkai dodged.

Toguro charged forward and punched the ground, creating an enormous crater, which Genkai leapt into the air just in time.

She landed on a stray rock that was thrown up by Toguro's punch, and fired another Rei-Gan.

Toguro caught the blast with one arm and held it back until it dissipated.

Genkai landed, shocked.

Toguro mocked, asking if that was the best Genkai could do, and he then told her that he should have killed her back when she was at full power, at the tournament.

Toguro added that the person he was facing was not Genkai at all, but rather just a body of skin and bones.

Genkai replied that she was indeed Genkai, and asked Toguro whether he thought he could really kill her.

Toguro replied that he had no idea. But he was willing to try.Toguro started running for Genkai, and she realized that Toguro's power was completely different from the way it once was. She replied that she was not scared to die, but she wanted to make Toguro remember who he once was before she goes.

************************************************************ ********************************

Athena picked up her pace when she felt Genkai’s aura depleting.

******************************************************* **********************************

As she began her speech, she transformed back into her younger state, and she fired one final Rei-Gan with all her strength. Toguro punched straight through it...and Genkai.Yusuke arrived at the scene to see his mentor, dying.

He ran over to her and said that Kurama will heal her.

She replied it was too late for her, and she warned Yusuke not to do what Toguro did: forsaking friends for power.

She recalled how she was invited to the tournament and refused. The messengers told her that Yusuke would be participating, however, so she changed her mind.

Back in the present, Genkai breathed her last breath.

********************************************************** *******************************

Athena arrived too late to see Genkai pass away in Yusuke’s arms.

Grief-stricken and horrified, she sank to her knees, tears of sorrow streaming down her cheeks as a scream of raw anguish wretched from her throat..

As the salty tears flowed freely, the gem that hang on her neck reacted to her angst and the jewel glowed a faint dull green, before bursting into full.

Both Toguro and Yusuke turned to see what the light was about.

The Toki no Byoushin twirled rapidly around on the hinge that kept it secure on Athena’s neck.

Pretty soon, the Goddess was bathed in its light.

Meanwhile, unknown to the rest, Genkai’s spirit was taken into the ‘Link of Time’ to be kept safe.
When the light died down, Athena was blinking at the jewel on her neck and looking quite exhausted..

“Is it me, or am I the only one wierded out here?” Yusuke questioned.

“Urameshi, Toguro.” the Goddess reminded her long-lost brother about his opponent, her voice somewhat painful.

“Oh yeah.” Yusuke nodded and turned his attention back to Toguro.

********************************************************** ********************************
Toguro then told Yusuke that if he had been born earlier, the whole thing could have been averted.

He added that Genkai chose the wrong path in life, the path that led to death as opposed to power.

Yusuke warned Toguro to shut up.

Toguro then replied that Genkai was just a decaying dog.

This set Yusuke off, and he charged at Toguro, blind with rage.

He punched him, but Toguro caught the punch.

However...it threw him off balance.

Toguro countered though, and punched Yusuke in the face, sending him flying through many trees until he finally landed against a stronger one.

Toguro complimented that was a good punch, looking at his hand, which was badly injured and was happy that he would get to use 100 percent of his power in a fight with Yusuke. Yusuke reminisced about his training with Genkai, and then sees a vision of her, a vision that reminded him not to lose.

He stood back up and punched the tree until it collapsed, and he vowed never to forgive Toguro.

********************************************************** ************************************

Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara were drawn to the scene by the power surge Athena let out.

The four reborn Shitennou had too appeared before the Goddess.

“Athena.” Kunzite begun.

Daijoubo desu ka, Athena?” Jadeite asked.

“Hai.” Athena replied, somewhat weakly as she shakily stood up.

“Onna, what…” Hiei shouted, bursting into the scene.

“Nani?” the half-fire demon screamed in disbelief when he saw the four Shitennou before Athena. He had felt the four Saint Beasts’ energy within these men.

“Onna, get away from them!” he shouted a warning.

Zoicite growled lowly and the three other Shitennou stood before Athena in defense.

“Kunzite, Zoicite, Nephrite, Jadeite, stand down.” Athena requested, her voice a stony calm.

Turning a hard glare at Hiei, she added, “You too Hiei. I need my protectors, alive.”

The half-fire demon snorted and relaxed.

Slightly startled at Athena’s demands, the four Shitennou relaxed their defensive postures and took their places behind her.

Kurama trained a look of mistrust at the four Shitennou.

“What are you doing here?” the redhead demanded, referring obviously to the reborn Saint Beasts.

“The Saint Beasts were initially my guardians.” Athena answered.

“And they attacked the human world because…” Kuwabara pressed.

“We got a little… lost without Athena’s guidance.” Jadeite confessed.

“A little?” Kuwabara echoed.

Then, Nephrite turned his attention to the skies.

“Athena…” he begun.

The Goddess nodded in acknowledgement.

The moment of beckoning has finally arrived.

Entropy has found her.

************************************************************* **************************

“She has no idea what is in store for her, does she?” Fates asked her companion.

“Don’t think so.” Destiny answered mirthfully.

In the beginning, three sisters were born. Almost triplets. The middle child, as most middle sisters tend to, became the mother to the other two. She, called Mana, became the universe. Her soul was the stars, planets, and everything else. The eldest, called Xaos, was dark and wild, ready to find adventure or cause mischief at a moment’s notice. Xaos was now Entropy. The youngest child was Sympan, later known as Athena. She was order and peace.

Neither Sympan nor Xaos could live without the other, but Sympan could not be awaken while the other was. The two triplets were alternate, one awake, one asleep. That was the way it has been since the beginning. There is always a war between the two, but the winner also alternates. It is a balance. For every time of peace, there is a time of unruliness. The length of times is different. The last time Athena lost was the Sailor Wars, when Selene interfered.

At that time, she was Chione, not yet gained her status as Athena when Beryl struck..

But this time however, Athena was reborn and Entropy’s revival will be short lived.

*********************************************************** ****************************

SailorStar9: Short chapter I know. I’ll come up with longer ones next time.