Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Rose ❯ The Beginning of the End ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
And so begins yet another fic of mine and no reviews. You guys don‘t love me anymore. (Pouts). Anyway, this is Chapter 10.

Disclaimers: YYH, D.N. Angel and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: The tournament finals are set to begin and Athena is nowhere in sight. Team Toguro reveals that they had captured Athena and offers a proposition; if Team Urameshi wins, Athena goes free. However, if they win, Athena is theirs to keep. Ticked off at such an underhanded scheme, Kurama steps up for the first fight.

Chapter 10: The Beginning of the End

************************************************************** ******************************

When the day of the final match arrived, Team Urameshi and Team Toguro found themselves ineligible to participate due to being short on a team member.

Sakyo filled in for Team Toguro, while Koenma for Team Urameshi.

Koenma then noted that he had not seen Athena ever since yesterday.

Then, the Elder Toguro informed the opposing team that they have their precious Goddess.

Karasu also added laughingly at if they (i.e. Team Urameshi) wins, Athena will go free, however if they (i.e. Team Toguro) wins, Athena will remain where she was and they will have to find her.

Wish was in Koenma’s hands as it ’cooed’ angrily at Team Toguro.

Burning daggers the maniacal demon, Kurama stepped into the ring, despite intense opposition from his team members.

But Koenma just gave the kitsune a nod. He knew why the redhead was so fast in taking up the challenge.

Karasu followed Kurama’s example and stepped up.

Juri then announced the fight had begun.

*********************************************************** ******************************

Meanwhile, true to Team Toguro’s proclamations, the unconscious Athena was crucified to a huge stone cross in what would be best described as an ancient Roman temple.

After her meeting with Mnemosyne and Chloris, the Elder Toguro had sneaked up on her and pressed a cloth of chloroform over her nose, causing her to pass out.

By and by, the Goddess awoke, only to find herself unable to move.

She knew why she was captured; Team Toguro needed Team Urameshi to have an incentive to win.

But one thing they did not know was that the gem on the silver tiara she wore was a restriction to prevent her from expanding her holy aura too much. Now that the tiara was off, she could very well escalate her Cosmo to break free.

That decided, she focused her aura and rose her Cosmo just enough to break the stone confines.

The stone confines then transmuted into gleaming black crystal.

Athena began to notice fissures appearing all over the crystalline surface.

Within minutes, she was free.

************************************************************ ******************************

Back in the arena, Karasu asked Kurama if he was going to face him in his human form and Kurama replied he had changed.

Then, the redhead summoned a wall of rose petals around him.

Kurama wanted to stall time so he could change to back to Yoko Kurama.

The petals swirled around him and Kurama warned that they were as sharp as blades.

Karasu ignored him plainly and just walked forward, getting himself cut, but he replied that it was very beautiful, but very weak.

Karasu blew them up without touching them.

************************************************************ *******************************

On the side line, Yusuke got worried.

Wish ‘cooed’ excitedly on Koenma’s arms before leaping off.

Then, it morphed back to his original form; a white owl.

Athena had summoned him.
Hiei let out a smirk. He knew Athena will find her way out of the jam.

************************************************************* ************************************

Back in the arena, Karasu said that Kurama could not see what happened because he could not see his Youki attack.

He stated that there was a difference of Youki between Kurama and himself.

Kurama jumped up into the air and summoned his Rose Whip but Karasu just blew it up.

Karasu began assaulting Kurama with his claws.

Then, he jumped up into the air, clawing down.

Kurama dodges the attack but he was damaged by something that exploded.

Kurama ran across the arena but again he was damaged by the invisible explosive once again.

Karasu then hinted that he could produce something just like how he could produce plants.

He also stated that he had the weapon in his hand right now.

As a demonstration, Karasu showed Kurama what he could control and a bomb appeared. He tossed it at Kurama and it exploded.

No one could see what happened because there was smoke all over.

Karasu had dodged the explosion and a rose appeared stuck in his hand, but he pulled it right off.

The smoke started becoming blue. Large amounts of youki was emitting from the core of the mist. Yoko Kurama finally appeared.

Yoko Kurama then told Karasu that he wanted to kill him; not only because of his insults, and also because he had taken the woman he loved hostage.

Karasu produced some more bombs that look like flying apples.

Yoko Kurama just threw roses at them and they exploded.

Karasu produced more bombs which looked more like bats and they were homing bombs.

Yoko Kurama easily dodged every one of them.

All the bombs then surrounded Yoko. Yoko commented that they could not hurt him and he summoned a big plant with teeth which destroyed them all.

The plant’s name was Minosa, the demon plant. The Minosa Plants then infixed Karasu as their target. The plants started spraying red gas out.

Karasu threw a bomb at one of them and it did not harm it.

************************************************************** *********************************

Meanwhile Wish, in his white owl form, had reached Athena safely.

The Goddess smiled at her obedient companion allowing it perch on her arm.

“You know what to do.” she added.

The owl nodded and morphed again; this time as a pair of white angel wings on Athena’s back. (A/N: This note is to Blue Quartz Foxy. This is the real reason why Wish existed. Just a concept taken from D.N.Angel.)

With a flap, Athena took to the skies.

*********************************************************** ************************************

Back in the arena, Karasu used some bat-like bombs that homed on the enemy.

When the bat bombs were about to hit Yoko, the kitsune thief used his aura to destroy them all.

When the smoke finally cleared there are plants all around Yoko. The Mimosa plants then sought out moving and heat producing targets.

The leaves of the plant opened to reveal teeth.

The Mimosa plants charged at Karasu and he easily dodged them all.

Then just as Karasu was running, two more emerged out of the ground.

Karasu ran and jumped up as they gathered around him.

Then Karasu created a grenade and threw it at one which went up in flames

Then the Mimosa started to shoot beams from their heads at Karasu.

As Karasu ran, he created another grenade and blew up another.

Yoko told Karasu they had feelings and it was not good to anger them.

Three more Mimosa plants charged at him as one caught him, taking him into the air.

Then Karasu's mask came off.

Then, the other Mimosas clambered on the first one and Karasu was completely covered by them.

Yoko was declared the winner… until the Mimosa suddenly exploded.

******************************************************** **************************************

“They meant it when they say don’t count your chicken before they’re hatched.” Athena’s assuring voice sounded behind Team Urameshi.

The Goddess was seen walking out of the dark passageway cradling a sleeping Wish in her arms.

“Athena!” Koenma exclaimed in relief.

Yusuke looked at her, then at Team Toguro.

“But… how?” he asked.

“Toguro clearly underestimated the power of a God. I may have a mortal body, but I’m still a Goddess nonetheless.” Athena replied.

Turning to Koenma, she added, “By the way Koenma, I might need another gem.”

The teenage Koenma nodded.

********************************************************** ***************************************

Back in the arena, Karasu came out of the debris completely unharmed and without his mask.

Then Karasu breathed in some air and his hair turned gold.

************************************************************ ***************************

Hiei explained to the rest of the team that he was like a huge bomb and his hands were the detonator.

******************************************************* ********************************

Then, Karasu held his hands together and lightning appeared. He jumped up then dove straight down at Yoko and when he connected, a huge explosion commenced and about a quarter of the entire tournament area as destroyed and lots of people went flying.

********************************************************** *****************************
Athena rose her Cosmo again, but not by much.

The symbol on her Staff let out a claming yellow light, forming a protective barrier around her.

Hiei mentally gasped at the amount of holy spirit the Goddess held.

Koenma was right. That onna had a lot of power; more than enough to destroy the Makai.

*********************************************************** ****************************

Then out of some rocks, Kurama, not Yoko, appeared.

The redhead jumped out and onto the stadium and charged at Karasu.

Kicks and punches were exchanged until finally Kurama landed a blow on Karasu.

Then Karasu removed something from his chest, revealing that it was the Death Seed that Kurama was trying to put in him.

Kurama stepped back and something clutched his leg.

Karasu informed him that it was called the Maddi Bomb.

Then the bomb exploded and Kurama went flying.

The bomb's explosion made a hole in his leg all the way to the bone.

When Kurama got up, he was surrounded by little lights.

Then Karasu walked forward, directing one of the lights to Kurama which exploded and Kurama stepped back, hitting another and another until most of them were gone.

Kurama fell to the ground, dripping blood.

Firmly replied that would not scar his face as Kurama got back up.

Then, the redhead had a plan; if he could get the blood sucking plant to Karasu's heart, he would win the match but he would have to give his life.

Then Karasu moved the other light to Kurama which exploded as Kurama falls covered in blood.

Then Juri started to count.

After about seven, Karasu remarked that there was no need and unleashed a blast at Kurama.

In retaliation, Kurama unleashed the bloodsucking plant which appeared from nowhere behind him.

The plant pierced Karasu's heart, draining his blood and killing him.

Kurama was still down and Karasu fell as the plant covered him.

Athena started to pray.

Then as they laid motionless, Kurama woke up to Athena’s soothing aura.

He wondered how he was alive and why was his spirit energy coming back.

He figured it must be because of the potion Suzuka gave him.

Kurama was still lying on the ring with a giant flower on the opposite side.

Kurama was declared victor by Koto.

Athena went in to help Kurama.

When she reached him, Kurama gave her a small smile before apologizing for not defeating Karasu.

The Goddess just shook her head.

Then Juri declared Karasu as the winner.

Everybody was wondering what she meant since Karasu was dead.

Yusuke jumped up and confronted Juri, arguing why Kurama lost.

She replied that because of a 10 seconds countdown.

Mutterings were heard in the crowd and they showed a replay of the match.

Then the video showed Kurama when he was down and that he attacked while in the down position past 10 counts.

Athena sighed in understanding, before helping Kurama off the arena.

Needless to say, Yusuke was pissed as he jumped off the ring.

************************************************************ ********************************

SailorStar9: Kurama’s fight is over, Athena rescued herself and Hiei’s fight is next.