Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Roses: The Past ❯ Yoko's memories ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9:Yup and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 5 and the end of this fic. But relax, this isn't the end of the saga. Read and review.
Disclaimers: I own nothing, except this darn plot.
Chapter Summary: Yoko's very brief recollections of the past before he escaped into the Human World.
Chapter 5: Yoko's memories

Yoko flopped on his cotton bed and stared at the curtain canopy that hang on the ceiling.
“Five decades since Kuronue died and almost nine millennia since she did.” the silver fox muttered to the air.
“Darn you Selenity.” the King of Thieves hissed lowly. “If it wasn't for your blundered-up ruling, she won't have died! She would have been my Queen! My child won't have died!”
“Talking to yourself, Kurama?” a teasing voice entered his room.
“Shut up Yomi.” the fox demon growled warningly.
“Hush fox.” Yomi grinned knowingly. “Them again?”
A sharp glare from the leader of the band of thieves shut the other demon up, Yomi knew he had overstepped his boundaries.
“Well sorry for being concerned.” Yomi muttered as he stepped up.
With Yomi gone, Yoko was left to his further contemplations.
The late Queen Selenity's last words had not left his mind. Mercury will never meet you again demon. She belongs solely to the White Moon and her only duty is to guard my daughter at the expense of her life. And as for that bastard child of yours, it would not be reincarnated with its mother.
We shall see Moon Queen. Yoko hissed in his mind.

Time passes...
After yet another successful raid, Yoko turned his glance longingly at the planet of Mercury, the home planet of his long-dead mate. Aside, Yomi smirked inwardly at his leader's faraway look.

Flashback
Yoko had no idea what prompted him to waylay his thieving plans that night and draw him to a lake that shimmered from the Moon's glow. But he was glad he did, for it was where he found his blue nymph.
His golden eyes had skimmed over the trees that surrounded the lake until they rested on a lone figure, obviously feminine and she was running, apparently fleeing from someone.
Or someones. Yoko corrected as he continued his survey, seeing another four inhuman shadows chase after the girl.
A small sliver of male instinct in him urged him to follow, to protect the fragile girl. He leapt onto a nearby tree and followed closely. Then imagine his surprise when the seemingly weak girl pulled out a pen and transformed into one of the legendary Senshi right before his very eyes.
Thrusting her arms before her, the blue Senshi cast her fog magic, effectively blinding her attackers. But right before she could cast another of her offensive attacks, one of her attackers blasted through the fog and knocked the blue Senshi to the ground. Her four pursuers grinned evilly as they stepped closer to the defeated and close to fainting Senshi. It was then Yoko leapt into action.
He summoned his Death Tree and the four youma were instantly devoured by the said plant. With that done, Yoko looked over to the Senshi only to see not only had she detransformed, leaving her only her Princess dress, she had also passed out.
Yoko mentally slapped his forehead. How could he have not suspected this? That the legendary Senshi were also the Princesses of their respective planets?
Carefully, the fox demon picked the Princess up gently and leapt back to the trees, carrying her back to his lair.
End of flashback

Yoko smiled wistfully. He had not realized it, but from the very first time he laid his eyes on her, the fox demon was in love; even though he had vehemently denied it.
He had remembered at it was about two days later when she awoke, her soulful blue eyes looking fugitively around at her unfamiliar surroundings.
The fox demon had chuckled at her expression, causing the blue water nymph to turn to him, numerous questions firing from her rose red lips. The fox laughed some more before answering her questions one by one.
After their rather interesting question and answer session, the blue-haired Princess had calmed down before she formally introduced herself.
Yoko laughed louder before he too gave her his name.
And so began their weird but interesting relationship.
Yoko had to smile as he remembered his long dead lover. A defensive Senshi she may be, but Kallan was one heck of a healer and being the plant master himself, Yoko was able to discover plants that proved very useful to him.
Yoko smirked further when he recalled the very first time they had mated. It had took him almost six months before Kallan allowed him to claim her as his mate.
Yoko had to smile further, he hadn't acted as if he was a demon in heat. He had been very delicate with her, taking it very slow. But the end result was satisfying, to say the least.

But Queen Selenity had other ideas about the Spirit and Demon Worlds. As the Queen of the Moon Kingdom, she resolved to fully control Earth and to do that, she must overthrow Enma Daioh and destroy the Demon World. Such filth, the Moon Queen decided, was not to exist in her perfect world.
Some time later, she descended into the Spirit World in a ray of moonlight, appearing before Enma Daioh and demanding that he turned over his rule to her. And understandably, Enma Daioh refused outright and used his immense Spirit power to transport Queen Selenity back to the Moon Kingdom. Knowing what Selenity wanted to do, the King of the Spirit World immediately used his Mafukkan to prevent Selenity's Ginzuishou from destroying the Demon World.
Her plan foiled, Selenity sought of another way to claim total dominance on Earth. It was then when a fragment of memory came to her, the Golden Crystal of Earth. Queen Selenity knew that if she could fuse the Golden Crystal into the Ginzuishou, she could have total control over Earth. Quite unfortunately, the Golden Crystal was kept in Elysion and guarded by Helios and his two Maenads. Queen Selenity knew that attacking the Holy Land of Earth was strictly forbidden and even if she did attack Elysion, she would be severely punished by the Gods.
Queen Selenity was therefore forced to put her ambitions to rest for the time being, at least for now.
Then about half a year passed before Princess Serenity made her wish on the Ginzuishou and the Crown Prince of Earth came wooing the pale beauty of the Moon. That proved to be the perfect opportunity the Moon Queen was waiting for.
She had consented to the marriage between the two, on the terms that Endymion surrendered the Golden Crystal to her and once they were married, the Earth will come under her rule. Blinded by his infuriation of the Moon Princess, Prince Endymion agreed to both conditions, but not before invoking the anger of his parents and the majority of the Terrans.
The King and Queen of Earth had tried all means to force the couple apart, even to the extend of disowning Endymion, but to no avail as the Ginzuishou's magic was too strong for the Earth Prince to resist.
The Shitennou too, having fallen under the love spell Princess Serenity cast, wooed the Moon Princess alongside with their Master, each offering up their respective power gems.
But now that she had what she wanted; an eternal lover, the Moon Princess rejected the Shitennou's advances and their gifts. This action pushed the Four Kings over the edge and the Shitennou fell easily to Metallia's coaxing.
The evil entity's power corrupting them, the Four Kings were turned into a shallow replica of their former selves. Metallia then told each of them repeatedly that they have to kill Endymion and obtain the Ginzuishou in order to gain Princess Serenity as his bride.
As Metallia's influence spread over Earth, the many men who had fallen under Princess Serenity's love spell turned to the evil entity under false promises that once the Moon Kingdom was destroyed, they would get what they wanted.
And with her army gathered, Metallia struck.

Within the ranks of Yoko's band of thieves was a female bat demon by the name of Roko. This demoness was a clever seductress and had successfully worked her way up the ranks of the thief band to become the top entertainer of band of thieves.
And she was one ambitious demoness. Roko wasn't satisfied with just being a lowly entertainer, she wanted more; she wanted Yoko, to be his mate and rule over the band of thieves.
But the fox demon had spurned her advances numerous times, even to the extend of not attending the nights when she danced to celebrate another major successful raid.
Rumor had been going around within the troop of female entertainers that Yoko already had a mate from before but she had died during the battle against Metallia and the fox demon had sworn he would never take in another mate.
Roko scoffed at the idea. There was no way Yoko could have taken in a mate before. No one was powerful and seasoned enough for him. And only she, Roko, would be the one to stand at his side as his only mate.
But one of the female attendants had passed by the fox demon's side during one of the celebratory feasts and was near enough to see that Yoko had a bite mark on his neck. She had reported it back to the group of female demons, causing the hopeful demonesses to sigh in disappointment.
With the rumor asserted to be true, Roko screamed with all her might in the privacy of her bedroom. A clay vase shattered against the wall, spilling water and fresh cut flowers in every which direction. Another vase went crashing into a wall from Roko's hand as she streamed in anger. Yet another vase went flying.
Her anger melted into vengeance. She decided, if she couldn't have him, then nobody could.
It was about the time where Yoko's reputation was very much feared in Spirit World. Secretly, she sneaked off to Spirit World and tipped off the numerous hunters who had considered the fox demon a very worthy prize.
Then one fine day, Yoko got careless was trapped by one of his more persistent pursuers. In his spirit fox form, the fox demon escaped into the Human World where his spirit took refuge within an unborn child that had not yet gained a soul. It was from this point that Yoko made the transfer to a human body with the intention to recover his strength as the child developed. Yoko had planned to leave the human world to return to Spirit World after regaining his strength after an estimated ten years. But sometime after the second year, Kurama had sensed Kallan's spirit in the Human World. He decided to stay in the Human World until he saw Kallan's reincarnation again.

SailorStar9: Short chapter coming from me, but read and review anyway.