Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen Roses: The Past ❯ Mercury's Final Transformation ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Figured was about fricking time I updated this long-forgotten fic. So here goes Chapter 4. Read and review.
Disclaimers: I own nothing, except this darn plot.
Chapter Summary: With the very evident threat of Metallia, Kallan heads off to the southern most point of Mercury where she gains her final henshin. The final battle of the Silver Millennium is at hand.
Chapter 4: Mercury's Final Transformation

After parting ways with Yoko, Kallan returned to Mercury and headed immediately for the royal library.
With the evil of Metallia currently running rampant on Earth, the intelligent Senshi knew it was only a matter of time before the evil entity attack the Moon Kingdom. She had to locate the 'Ice Heart of Mercury' if she is to stand a chance against Metallia.
After searching through the ancient scrolls frantically, Kallan chanced upon a map that greatly detailed the location of the Anarchic Point.
Memorizing the map by heart, Kallan set off immediately.

After days of intense traveling, Princess Kallan finally arrived at the Anarchic Point.
It was in the icy cold barren lands she started her cultivation and training. From there, her cultivation progressed at breakneck speed.
Then one day, while she was practicing, submerged into the icy seas, she was lured into the deeper waters by a shining blue-green radiance. Remembering the ancient scrolls, Kallan realized that she had found the 'Ice Heart of Mercury'.
Summoning her power, she broke through the million-year-old iceberg and retrieved the glittering lily crystal.
Having absorbed the power, Kallan's magic energy increased by leaps and bounds. She practiced her skills further for some time before she perfected an unique magical weapon - the Mystical Antarctic Icicle.
The Mystical Antarctic Icicle is formed with the four mystical icebergs from the Anarchic Point. When she summoned these icicles, they would completely absorb the powers of her opponent and split it into four types of energy.
The blue icicle was knowledge and that crystal contained the intelligence and warring experience of the opponent. The purple icicle was vitality and with it, the power of the opponent's magic became information at her fingertips. The red icicle was agility and with this, Kallan would be able to gauge the speed and technique of her opponent. The green icicle was skill and with it, she would be able to understand the opponents' method of attack.
With her ultimate technique perfected, Kallan headed back.

Time passes and the Dark Kingdom finally began its assault on the unsuspecting Moon.
In the Moon Palace, Queen Selenity was blissfully unaware of the pending threat and had planned a masked ball for that night.
“Endyimon will die tonight.” Kunzite swore. “Serenity belongs to me!”
“You lie Kunzite.” Zoisite's eyes darkened. “With Endyimon gone, the fair Serenity will be mine.”
“No, she's mine!” Jadeite argued.
Nephrite glared at the disputing trio, his mind churning out ways to kill them after they destroy the Moon Kingdom. With the Ginzuishou in his grasp, Serenity would be his alone.
Beryl smirked at the quarreling Shitennou, she knew why all four respectable Kings were arguing among themselves. Like Endyimon, they too had fallen for the spell the Moon brat cast.
Those Sailor brats would be heartbroken once they knew why their beloved turned against them. The evil Queen thought gleefully. This will be your downfall Princess.

Back on the Earth's Makai, Yoko Kurama was escaping from another hidden temple, a precious golden mirror tucked under his hand when his head jerked up in the direction of the moon.
“Go to her.” Kuronue instructed.
Yoko looked at the bat demon curiously.
“Don't make me repeat myself fox.” Kuronue growled.
Yoko nodded and hurried off.
Kuronue smirked at the retreating back of his partner. The bat demon knew the silver-haired fox needed this.

“We're under attack!” a Moon soldier screamed a warning as he dashed into the ballroom.
Everyone scattered as a black cloud rolled into the dance hall, taking over the minds of the Moon nobility and turning them into Metallia's dark slaves.
Kallan had already foreseen the Dark Kingdom would attack, but she had not anticipated it to be this fast.
Calmly, she pulled out her new henshin pen.
“Mercury Crisis Power!”
The three Guardian Senshi gasped when they felt Kallan transform, her new Sailor uniform had modified due to her power-up.
“How did you...” Princess Reiko demanded.
“Talk later.” Sailor Mercury replied, as she poised to attack.
Reiko nodded mutely and she transformed just as Mesuinu and Meskira followed suit.
“Mars Fire Power!”
“Jupiter Thunder Power!”
“Venus Love Power!”
The four Guardian Senshi stood to face the enemy.
“Burning...” Sailor Mars was in the stance of her 'Burning Mandala' attack when Sailor Mercury's voice sounded.
“Wait Mars.” Sailor Mercury stopped the Senshi of Fire.
“Why?” Sailor Mars demanded.
“Their bodies were taken over, but their souls are still intact.” Sailor Mercury explained.
“Use our healing spells.” Sailor Venus instructed.
Sailors Mars and Jupiter nodded.
“Too slow.” Sailor Mercury objected.
“What do you suggest?” Sailor Venus challenged.
“Mars, form your Phoenix Bow and Arrow. The rest of us will focus our curative magic on the Arrow.” Sailor Mercury replied.
Sailor Mars nodded and powered up.
Her eyes glowed a blindingly red, her fiery aura flared up as an image of an ascending Phoenix appeared on her back and the Senshi of Fire called forth one of her most powerful attack.
The other three Senshi took their cue and powered up their own elements.
“Venus Healing Light!” an orb of pure holy light appeared between Sailor Venus' palms and she threw it towards the fiery arrow.
“Jupiter Life Bolt!” Sailor Jupiter cast her thunderbolts at the arrow of fire.
“Mercury Restorative Waters!” Sailor Mercury tossed her orb of water at the fire arrow like a spear.
“Mars Red Phoenix Arrow!”
Sailor Mars fired her flame arrow at the horde of zombies. The effect was immediate as the fire arrow whizzed right through the dark crowd and a blinding burst of light later, the zombies were no more. The life forces of those sacrificed then floated out of the decimated ballroom.
“I see our dear Mercury has finally gained the Ice Heart.” Beryl mocked as she entered the ballroom.
The four Guardian Senshi gasped in shock as the Shitennou stood before the evil Queen.
“Kill them.” Beryl ordered.
“At once Mistress.” the Shitennou replied in monotone.
Sailors Mars, Jupiter and Venus found themselves staring down at the cold and emotionless eyes of their once beloved.

Sailor Mars versus Jadeite
“Why Jadeite?” Sailor Mars asked, not understanding the General would turn evil.
“The fair Serenity is promised to me.” Jadeite droned. “I must kill Endyimon to have her.”
“Serenity?” Sailor Mars screeched in disbelief.
“Enough talk, Martian and prepare to die.” Jadeite powered up two orbs of fire in his palms.
Sailor Mars dodged the fireballs and quickly summoned her attack.
“Burning Mandala!”
“Too slow!” Jadeite mocked as he easily avoided the eight fireballs. Before Sailor Mars knew what happened, the former General was behind her.
“Goodbye Martian.” he grinned evilly and stabbed her with a black fire blade on her back.

Sailor Jupiter versus Nephrite.
“Always the temperamental one. Serenity will be mine once this is over.” Nephrite mocked and wasted no time in using one of his deadliest attacks.
“Shower of Shooting Stars!” the General called forth a horde of star-like blades, each embedded with dark energy and firing them at Sailor Jupiter.
“Thunder Flower Hurricane!” Sailor Jupiter used her electric flowers to deflect Nephrite's shooting stars.
“Starlight Revolution!” Nephrite summoned his strongest attack.
The whole stream of starlight powered stars flew towards Sailor Jupiter. The Jovian Senshi just stood still and allowed the attack to hit her, but not before unleashing her strongest 'Sparkling Wide Pressure' at the undefended General. The two former lovers perished in the collision of attacks.

Kunzite versus Sailor Venus.
“You were always a pain, blond.” Kunzite sneered. “But no matter. Once all this is over, Serenity will be my bride.”
“Serenity?” Sailor Venus shrieked in bewilderment. “What does she have anything to do with this?”
“I believe this is none of your concern.” Kunzite waved her question aside and powered up his attack.
Sailor Venus easily dodged it and revealed her chain.
“Smart, but not good enough.” Kunzite mocked as he formed a dark sphere around the Senshi of Venus, trapping her and absorbing her energy.
“This is too easy.” the Dark General laughed cruelly as Sailor Venus struggled to get up, having been forced to her knees by the black lightning. With one last lightning strike, Sailor Venus screamed as she fell limp ion the glass floor, dead.
Kunzite smirked at the dead Senshi and released his dome.
Then the two Dark Generals shivered when they felt the temperature in the ballroom lower drastically.
“What the...” Kunzite was distracted as he and Jadeite turned to see the two warriors of ice battling.
The two Dark Generals were stunned to see Sailor Mercury encased in an aura of icy white, her powers reaching over to Zoisite and trapping him within it. A moment later, the Mystical Antarctic Icicle appeared around her. Jadeite and Kunzite then gasped when they saw Sailor Mercury summon an ice rapier from thin air.
“Impossible!” Jadeite exclaimed. “How did she learn to do that?”
“Anarchic Destroying Technique.” Sailor Mercury whispered, her ice blade glowing an eerie white.
“Antarctic Icicle!” she called out her attack, sending numerous ice blades at the trapped General.
Zoisite screamed in pain as the sharp icicles pounded relentlessly onto him, his body frozen and unable to counterattack.
A moment later, Sailor Mercury released her aura cage and Zoisite fell onto the crystal floor, his bloodied body mangled.
“Now, for you two.” the ice Senshi turned her cold glare at the two Generals.
Jadeite and Kunzite growled as they powered up their attacks.
After trading several blows, Sailor Mercury knew she could not keep this up. Even though the two Dark Generals had used up quite a lot of energy defeating the rest of the Senshi, it was, after all, a two-on-one-battle.
I have to end this quick before I run out of energy myself. The blue-haired Senshi thought.
That decided, she stopped running and stood her ground.
Both Jadeite and Kunzite looked mockingly at her.
Sailor Mercury shot them a glare before she expanded her magical aura.
Both Dark Generals gasped when they felt the battlefield freeze up. and they were beginning to freeze feet-up.
“What are you doing?” Kunzite demanded before his head froze.
“Winning this battle.” Sailor Mercury replied coolly.
“Mystical Antarctic Icicle, Final... SURGE!” she screamed out her ultimate attack. The Mystical Antarctic Icicle shattered as Sailor Mercury let loose her magic. In an instant, the three combatants were frozen.
Shutting her eyes, she opened her mind link to Yoko.
Yoko... she whispered.
Kallan? The fox demon replied.
Yes... the Senshi replied. Remember the ballroom where we last met?
Yes. Yoko replied.
I've trapped both Kunzite and Jadeite within my Mystical Ice. Please get here so fast as possible and destroy them before they break free of my trap. Sailor Mercury told him.
I'm already on my way. Yoko replied.
Thank you. Was Sailor Mercury's reply. Yoko could sense her smile.
It was almost an hour when Yoko arrived to the battlefield.
Surveying the battleground, the fox demon formed his Binding Fist of the Demonic Vine and thrust the said weapon into the two ice statues that were Kunzite and Jadeite. The two Dark Generals let out a scream before they disappeared into youma dust.
In an instant, Sailor Mercury's ice prison broke and the Senshi fell onto the floor.
“Kallan...” Yoko muttered, catching her and caressing her cheek.
“You came.” Sailor Mercury let out a soft smile.
“Naturally.” Yoko returned her smile.
“Don't talk.” he hushed her. “Let me heal you.”
“No.” Sailor Mercury replied. “I know when... my time is up.”
Gently, she took his hand and held it over his stomach.
“Feel that?” she asked, her life slowly ebbing away.
Yoko focused a little and gasped when he felt a small aura emitting from her stomach. His golden eyes widened when he realized what it was.
“You are...” Yoko could not find his words.
“Yes, pregnant.” Sailor Mercury finished his sentence.
“When?” Yoko pressed.
“Almost two months.” Sailor Mercury replied. “My body's small so it never showed.”
Yoko could only gasp further. His angel was pregnant... with his cub.
“We're getting out of here.” Yoko growled.
“No you're not!” Queen Selenity retorted, the Moon Stick in her hands.
Her disdaining eyes descended on the fox demon.
“Get out of here fox. This is no longer of your concern.” she warned.
“No!” Yoko growled in defiance as he stood before his fallen lover.
Queen Selenity's glare deepened and she unleashed the Ginzuishou's powers on the fox demon, blasting Yoko out of the Moon Kingdom.
With the intruder gone and her kingdom in ruins, Queen Selenity muttered, “I won't let it end like this,” and mounted the Ginzuishou on the Crescent Moon Wand.
Luna and Artemis, her faithful advisors, reminded her that if she used the crystal, she would surely die. But her mind was made up. She would sacrifice her life so that her daughter and the rest of her people could live.
Using the power of the crystal, she sealed Queen Beryl and the Dark Kingdom. Prince Endyimon, Princess Serenity, the Sailor Senshi, and the people of the Moon Kingdom were stored into the Ginzuishou.
She released the Ginzuishou into the air and sent it with all her people one thousand years into the future to be reborn on Earth.
As she lay dying, she told Luna and Artemis that Princess Serenity and the others would have no memory of this time and that there was a possibility that the Dark Kingdom could break free again. If that were to happen, Luna and Artemis must seek out the Princess and the Senshi to awaken them.
With her last breath, she whispered to her people, “On behalf of the moon, you will be free. Maybe we'll meet again, someday.” and she died. The Crescent Wand fell from her hand and whisked Luna and Artemis away with the others to the future.

SailorStar9: Well, this chapter is down. Read and review.