Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ A bandit's ways ❯ Rukawa's girlfriend!? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A bandit's ways…

Disclaimer: still want yet still don't own…

Jap. Words: (I'm getting tired of this… I won't put EVERY SINGLE THING K?)

Guntai - army

Kawaii - cute

Himitsu - secret

Matte - wait

- - >When Maya talks to herself, Asdkfjsaldis Maya's counter personality while she is /asdfasdfas/

- - >here's chapter 7, enjoy!

Chapter 7: Rukawa's girlfriend?!

Maya leaned against a tree gazing at the Shohoku gym. She smiled remembering yesterday's events. Who could have known she and Kaede could love each other? They were the most unlikely couple… O~kay… THAT was the understatement of the century. She winced as she remembered the aftermath… She didn't really have a place to stay in so Kaede offered to let her stay in his condominium unit… that sorta brought up problems.

[Flashback]

"So… the two of you a couple huh?" Kurama asked eying Rukawa suspiciously.

"I guess," Maya answered carefully. Kurama may be centuries old and he may be wise but still… and older brother is an older brother. "And - " Maya bit her lip. Her brother wasn't going to like the next part. "He-sorta-offered-free-boarding-for-me-to-stay-in-his-condominium-unit-sinc e-he-lives-alone,"she finished in one breathe.

Twitch. Twitch. "His place?"

Not a good sign. "Uh-huh"

"Just you two?" Twitch. Twitch.

"Yeah…"

"Alone?" Twitch. Twitch. Twitchity. Twitch.

Please tell me he's not thinking what I think he's thinking. "Yes nii-san and we'll be perfectly fine."

Kurama heaved a sigh and pretended to dab pretend tears at his eyes. "My little sister's growing so fast!" Then he grinned - "Remember to be good and to remain on your own beds. But if you must… get married first."

Lightning bolt where art thou?

Hiei sighed in exasperation and muttered `baka kitsune', Maya silently agreed but didn't speak because she had just been reunited for a less than an hour and it wouldn't be good to kill her one and only brother while Rukawa actually blushed, not the red as a tomato blush, our Super Rookie's too dignified for that but a slight pink tinge did appear on his pale cheeks.

Kurama snickered. It was amazing how he could make really powerful and dignified fighters act awkward with just a few hentai filled suggestive sentences. He felt like laughing `MWAHAHAHAHA! I AM ALL POWERFUL BOW DOWN!' but being Kurama he didn't, instead he winked.

Thy cursed sexually deprived Youko![1]Where the hell is that lightning bolt?!

Hiei rolled his eyes.

Rukawa suddenly found the kitchen tiles to be very interesting. There were 4,175 all in all.

Maya breathe in slowly. Mustn't kill… think happy thoughts… very happy thoughts.. mustn't kill… happy thoughts… dammit! She found a bug. Squish.

[Present]

Okay so maybe squashing a bug wasn't exactly therapeutic for her anger management problems but it was the next best thing - to blowing up her brother's ningen home. Eventually they all agreed to act their ages and she stayed in Rukawa's condo and got her own room there. This morning her brother gave her some money to shop for new clothes before leaving for school. Apparently male ningens found her outfit to be… distracting. There she was introduced to a sickeningly cheerful death deity named Botan who volunteered to accompany Kurama's `little sister' to shop for ningen clothes. That was when the horror struck her so bad…

[Flashback]

"WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!! KAWAII! KAWAII! Maya-chan what do you think of this dress?!" the death deity squealed.

"It's pink, flowery and disgusting," Maya muttered indifferently. She had now been dragged to five different stores and all Botan did was to choose disgustingly cute pieces for her.

Botan looked at her with huge, hopeful eyes. "Demo… the only clothes you chose are black… you look like an assassin… are you sure you're not Hiei's little sister?"

"Do I look `little' to you!?" Maya snapped.

Botan sweatdropped. "My, my… you even have Hiei's temper. Maybe you and Yukina were switched from birth. But aside from that you do look a lot like Kurama," she added quickly and suddenly shuddered. "In fact too much alike it's creepy… hmm… at least you've got different hair color, skin tone and eye color." Botan studied Maya critically. "We should do something to make you look more feminine from your brother and - "

"ARE YOU SAYING I LOOK LIKE A BOY!"

Botan cringed. "Iie… it's just that… never mind, actions speak louder than words neh?" She suddenly grabbed Maya's arm. "Follow me!"

This took Maya by surprise. "Oi matte! Where are you taking me!!!"

They arrived in a place where in Maya's opinion was where female torture was more likely to be done… the cosmetics department…

"Maya! It's time for your makeover!" Botan cried out cheerfully. >dun-dun-DUN-dun<

Oh dear God why me?

Several minutes later:

Maya felt sick. If she heard another compliment at her `fabulous' eyes and `gorgeous' face it would be to soon. The cosmetics were choking her, too many new smells to take in. Besides if she was so `gorgeous' already why did they have to do this to her?

"Miss? It's over," the saleslady said gently since her eyes were shut tight throughout the whole ordeal.

Maya peeked then slowly opened her eyes - and almost gasped. The woman staring back at her really looked different. Her eyes seemed bigger and brighter, her lashes seemed more lush and longer, a slight peach blush stained her cheeks, her pale complexion now had warm undertones and her lips were now painted in a shimmery peach lipstick. She looked… `gorgeous' - in other words it all looked FAKE to her. She grimaced and left them in a huff. Botan quickly followed flitting behind her in a cautious manner apologizing to a very distraught saleslady.

The saleslady looked at the two disappearing figures. All those hard work for nothing. In her opinion the female teenager looked better with makeup but we're not asking her opinion. She gazed at the sky longingly and moaned, Why me?

Botan caught up to her. "Hey why'd you go? Don't you like it? You looked so-"

"Say cute and die."

Botan froze and crumbled down anime style. She recovered and put on a neko face grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Maya was temporarily halted. Too much smiling = creepy. Besides the grim reaper in front of her was so unnaturally irrepressible… too much as in.

"But you still look too much alike I'm just sorry I went overboard," she amended. The grim reaper apologizing? Quick it's the apocalypse! "So I was thinking more of the hair you know… maybe we can change it just a little." She added with a little too much enthusiasm.

Maya quickly saw the salon behind her. "My hair!? You're not cutting it for the love of Kami-sama! NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" came the hysterical reply. It was Botan's turn to blanch… this girl was definitely Kurama's sister… they both obviously have hair issues[2].

"No just style it differently, you know ribbons, bandannas, braids, waves?"

"Okay…" Maya compromised slowly. "But I get to pick my hair accessories… no pink ribbons! PINK RIBBONS ARE EVIL!"

Botan's face fell then she brightened up again. "Well once you get in those ningen clothes you'll perfectly fit in! You'll look just like a human teenager… albeit a gothic and slightly evil looking one but most teenagers are troubled nowadays so I don't think it really mat - "

Maya held Botan's lips together silencing her. "Shut it."

It was now Botan's turn to question the gods and the gaze at the sky, why me?

[Present]

So there she was, Maya in all her glory clad in a new black sleeveless vest, black low rise hip huggers, her own metal armbands, boots and purple sash she tied around her waist waiting for the FRIKIN basketball practice to start where she could see her beloved Kaede (and maybe pester him just a little). As a compromise she was wearing a black headband in her hair making she and her brother look less like twins and more like ordinary siblings - an honor student and a troubled teen. Perfect. But she liked her clothes and to her she looked good and FOR THE LOVE OF KAMI-SAMA SHE WASN'T GOING TO WEAR A LACE PINK, FLOWERY DRESS! NEVER IN HER LIFE!

She huffed indignantly. By now her hatred for ningens had increased. Female ningens everywhere had evil looks of envy at their faces and she could hear hostile whispers of `whore', `slut', `goth' and `juvenile delinquent', especially the ones with their boyfriends (their boyfriends had no complaints whatsoever). Really… jealousy was such an ugly thing! It wasn't her fault she was blessed neh? Men were making disgusting portrayals of mindless admirers, some slobbering while others were just staring at her with glazed expressions. Okay maybe she wasn't blessed… maybe it was a curse. At least she didn't have a fan club like her brother (whom she met and was endlessly peeved and traumatized).

Damn hormonally-deranged, hot-blooded male ningens (and their girlfriends).

Unfortunately the Sakuragi Guntai was just passing by.

And as we all know, high schoolers, especially the Guntai have twice more hormones than any normally hormonally-deranged, hot-blooded male ningens.

I smell trouble. (Mwahahaha… eherm)

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:- :-:-

Noma Chuuichirou, Ookusu Yuuji and Takamiya Nozomi (did I get all the names right?) were also on their way to the Shohoku practice. Being bored and wanting to make fun and retrieve their hard-earned money from their free loader friend Hanamichi who has forgotten to return it to them. Typical Sakuragi.

So there they were in typical Guntai fashion, confetti and noise makers hidden in their very pockets (you never know if Sakuragi would get dumped by his 51st girl… and that would call for a CELEBRATION!) and a wide grin on their faces you just know you can never trust when they saw Maya. They stared at her shamelessly (and drooled) for a minute marveling her beauty.

(mKC: ok she is beautiful even if my drawing might have messed her up but I seriously tried my best, and don't mind the `slut' and `whore' comments about her… she's sexy and she dresses in black but that doesn't make her a you-know-what ne? Maya: awww… so sweet… like I really cared mKC: T-T)

Noma grinned and pointed to his prominent facial hair. "I'm sure Ms. Beautiful over there like older-looking men cause we're more mature. Yi-eah!"

"Back off jii-san!" Ookusa sneered. "You're too old, let go, it's over. Nobody listens to techno! Besides she likes blondes like moi." (Eminem rocks!)

Noma's reaction was perfectly understandable- like this iiio.0iii, "Techno?" Ookusa just continued rapping `Without Me' lyrics. "There's a concept that works! Twenty billion other white rappers emerge, but no matter how many fish in the sea it stills feels so empty without me… lalalala" Noma decided to wisely ignore his friend deciding that maybe a crazy girl who's likes writing fanfics somewhere around the world decided to posses his friend's body - oooh… somewhat true...

Takamiya patted his large gut. "Well I think I have a chance… after all who wouldn't go for feasibly plump guys like me?" Two wary looks were soon directed to Takamiya as they unconsciously took two steps backward away from him. Then they continued to argue.

Maya glared at the odd trio. Not being human she had severely acute hearing she had to bear the misfortune of what they were talking about. Her.

Thank goodness she wasn't wearing her ultra-revealing outfit she wore yesterday.

Unfortunately she was wearing hip huggers which surprising didn't help.

She decided to just wisely ignore them as she clenched and unclenched her fists without her noting she was doing it. Anger Managements classes seemed very vital right that moment - especially for the lovable trio's health.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:- :-:-:-:

Fortunately the one and only Yohei Mito arrived to the scene. He smiled good naturedly. "Oi, oi, oi! Break it up gents, what's the latest brawl about?"

Noma, Ookusa and Takamiya all pointed to a forlorn looking girl leaning on a tree Yohei never noticed before.

Yohei stared at the girl. He never saw her before and had to meet she was pretty mesmerizing sight. Nice hair, pretty face, great body, nice clothes - interesting combination… for one thing she wore all black aside from the purple sash. But she had a very different aura…

Ookusa playfully punched Yohei. "So what's the verdict huh? She's quite a sight ne?"

Yohei mused thoughtfully. "Yeah you're right." But was silent once more. He never saw such a combination of oddness and beauty that it was… perplexing. She looked frail with pale skin and delicate features but he noticed that her bare arms looked pretty toned… maybe she worked out. A startled gasp escaped his throat as the girl turned around to face him. His eyes fogged up and went blank. She had the most intense eyes he had ever seen… intoxicating amethyst pools of mystery… they were simply enchanting. Unreadable depths of intelligence, confidence, playfulness, mystery, power… and ancientness? There also seemed to be a dark past… trying to be forgotten… a heavy grudge… a - suddenly a searing pain went through his head. He winced and grasped his head with both hands. He had gotten a flash of… something he didn't know. There was pain… lots of it but why would he see something like that in his mind? And why had he felt pain? He roughly shook his head… must be the heat getting to him. Yeah… just the heat.

Maya smirked as her eyes lit up with interest… The fourth guy was different… nice… She was interested at the way the guy tried to study her. She decided to look at him in the eye. Curious… his eyes - suddenly she felt someone prodding with her mind and memories. Surprised and feeling violated she brought up a mental shield immediately. She was doubly surprised to see an expression of pain cross the guy's face. It was his doing? It struck her that the guy didn't even realize he was doing it… he's ki was… Interesting… now this looked promising… maybe it was even worth her time…

She felt a pang. No she wasn't replacing Touya… Touya was her apprentice… her student… her almost son… but just because she thought he was interesting doesn't mean she's on a rebound… well… maybe just a little… but he was someone worth studying… time to exploit the looks and charms

She approached the group of guys and glanced at them coolly, studying them the finally… broke into a smile. In a soft voice she said hi.

The three were flabbergasted that she was talking to them, usually girls spent a good 10 meters away from them, and gaped like idiots while Mito offered his hand and introduced himself and his friends.

"Nice to meet to Yohei Mito… watashi wa Maya," she answered back carefully and looked into his eyes careful not to let him inside her mind… she learned from her mistakes but that doesn't mean she won't make this interesting ne?

Yohei felt himself go dizzy staring at her eyes so he forced himself to look away, at the corner of his eye he saw her lips carefully curl in a satisfied smirk. Amusement filled the girl's eyes.

Maya was distracted when the blond guy spoke to her… what was his name again? Ookusa right? She only caught the last words he said. "-from here?"

"Nani?"

"I said are you from around here? Cause I've never seen you before. And what school are you from? And why aren't you wearing a uniform?"

Maya gently shook her head. "No, I'm not from here and I don't wear uniforms because - " she stopped and placed her hands on her hips as she smiled a feral grin. It slightly scared them but they didn't know that the reason why she smiled was to buy time since she didn't know what `school' was… School? Oh yeah! The baka ningen institution Kaede wastes his time in instead of hanging out with me. "-I don't go to school." She finished. She tilted her head curious at their aghast expressions.

"H-honto?"

"Aa." Besides learning how to calculate x + y will never help you stay alive when confronting a vicious, hungry, violent yoke… or malicious businessmen… or the businessmen's bodyguards… or -

Stop thinking

Maya blinked. It was a curious thing how she could talk with herself… maybe it's because sometimes she can't find anyone to understand throughout all these years… but it was really quaint that it made her create another person living in her - you must have been really bored

/I was… but you're so twisted I'm regretting doing it/

YeahI agree

/you're really messed up/

trust me you're the one who's nothing without me…

/coming from an imaginary person pardon me but I don't want to believe you…/

… alright we're both twisted…you're talking to yourself and I'm as real as can be…is that my fault?

/maybe/

are you restless?

/maybe/

patience Maya… patience… it will happen soon enough…

/honto?/

sooner than you think… sooner than you wish… sooner than he hopes

/I like that/

do you want to make him pay?

/yes/

really badly?

/yes/

you'll have your chance to do so…

/that's nice/

soon it will be our turn to play… he hurt you… we hurt him…

/then?/

he'll be sorry he created a monster… and one more thing…

/what?/

the baka ningens are trying to get your attention… see they're stupidly waving their hands in front of you?

/great now they think I'm mentally challenged/

which isn't really far from the truth honey

/oh shut up/

since when has asking ever gotten you something?

/that's why I'm ordering you/

oh… well enjoy their company… you obviously don't want mine

/are you jealous?/

no I'm joyous… see I'm a jolly retard?

Maya shook herself out from the trance she had been in. "Gomen… I remembered something."

The fat guy - Takamiya she reminded herself - asked her again. "Well Maya why don't you go to school? You look too young to be a graduate."

"I never needed school."

Mito looked interested. "Why? Are you like a genius or something?"

"No. I just told myself I never needed school. I remembered I have to meet someone, do you guys know when the Shohoku basketball practice starts?"

Maya's blunt answer caught Yohei in surprise but he manage to answer. "A while ago… while you were in some sort of trance…"

Maya mentally hit herself for that. "Oh well… where are you guys going anyway?"

Noma answered. "To the gym, we're meeting a friend."

"Well… I'm meeting someone there too. You guys want to walk with me there?" She closed her eyes then looked through the dark fringe of her lashes in a sort of demure yet coy way. Here the exploitation of good looks started.

"Uh… y-yeah…" they all answered at once, slightly stuttering.

"Thank you, that's real nice of you guys." She smiled inwardly. God I love myself.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:- Ryonan Basketball Practice-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The Ryonan basketball team was having an intense practice game. Sweat was breaking out of Koshino's body as he tried to break Sendoh's amazing defense. He tried doing a fake but it was as if Sendoh could read his mind. Sendoh suddenly tapped the ball out of his hands and dribbled it to the other side of the court.

Koshino chased him cursing silently. He motioned another player to help him double team Sendoh. Sendoh smiled and made a move as if he was going to pass but used his right foot as a pivot and made a jump shot as soon as the defensive players had their attentions diverted.

Swish. The ball sailed smoothly into the basket. Perfect, as always. Coach Taoka signaled practice to be over and everyone was honestly glad. They were about to hit the showers when Hikoichi suddenly spoke.

Now that they all thought about it, the kid has been unnaturally quiet throughout the practice i.e. `out of their faces not being a pain in the ass for once'. The author thinks that maybe the shock of seeing a human ice-block make out with a girl has still hasn't worn out.

"Sendoh? I have a question."

Sendoh being Sendoh grinned. (I mean what else does he do aside from that? That insufferable smiley - oops I have to stop.) "Sure, fire away kiddo."

Hikoichi fidgeted a little. "This is a theoretical question (oooh… big word!). If you know someone well known. Then you catch him kissing with someone and just by pure coincidence you're able to take a few pictures… what would you do? With the pictures I mean."

Sendoh blinked. "Again? What's so special with this guy?"

"Uh… he's someone from the Shohoku - "

If possible Sendoh's grin widened. "Who? No let me guess! Mitsui? Miyagi? Sakuragi? Akagi?" (It rhymes!) They all turned a little green at the mention of Akagi making out with someone.

Hikoichi slowly made a show of taking out the pictures in his pocket. They were practically burning a hole there! And then -

"RUKAWA!?!?"

Ooh… the shock… don't you just love it? Koshino wildly shook his head. "No way! Those pictures have to be doctored!" He snatched them from the young future reporter's hand. "Kami… they're real!"

Thud. That was the sound of a couple of big, manly basketball players falling less than gracefully to the ground in a dead faint. Oh come on! What was so shocking with a human ice block kissing with a girl? I mean he's not even gay in this fic! They're not even doing anything R-rated and - (Pls. ignore the author's rambling at the sound of the beep. >beep<)

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-Shohoku gym:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Entering the Shohoku gym with the Guntai Maya was faced with the worst nightmare any good-looking guy could dream of - [dun-dun-DUN-dun]…fan girls…

Hmm… fan girls… at meeting them first hand the one thing Maya first deciphered about fan girls was that they were annoying in a sense `you can't get rid of them' but her brother's fan girls were the type who just stuck around all the time following him endlessly giving out hints or asking out right for dates… they were more like the stalking shadows… but the fan girls here were… LOUD!

"RUKAWA!!! RUKAWA!!! L-O-V-E RUKAWA!!!"

Maya winced. Their shrill voices were torture to her ultra-sensitive hearing and their corny cheerleading outfits and antics were a pain to look at. She covered her ears with her hands. "Who… are… they?" she asked through gritted teeth.

Yohei gave her an apologetic smile. "They're Rukawa's fan club. Rukawa has a lot of girls entranced with his good looks and amazing basketball skills even though he never even gives them a single glance of recognition. The only thing they ever succeed in doing are making total pests of themselves and annoying other basketball players."

"Especially Sakuragi," Takamiya piped up. "Sakuragi's pretty jealous of him though he'd rather die than admit it… look at Rukawa just standing there quietly… this must be annoying the hell out of Sakuragi and him!"

:-:-:-:-:-:somewhere in the Shohoku gym:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"Grrr…. This is annoying the hell out of me!!!!!!! KITSUNE!!!!!!!!"

"Hn… annoying as hell."

:-:-:-:-:-:-back to the Guntai and Maya:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Yohei noticed Maya eying Rukawa with interest and amusement. She grinned and rubbed her hands together. She was whispering.

"I never noticed he was so famous…"

Yohei frowned. Oh no… another Rukawa fan girl…

"-that Kaede… now how am I suppose to talk to that yamero?!"

Yamero?! If she was a fangirl why would she call him a `bastard'? And why is she calling him by his first name?

Maya was tilting her head sideways trying to think. What happened to Ms. Impulsive? A scornful voice inside her head asked. /Oh yeah! You CAN be useful after all… sometimes… a very rare sometimes…/ Gee thanks… I feel so loved

Maya bowed her head eying at Rukawa with so much concentration you would have thought this was actually something serious. A small grin played on her lips (if you can't picture this think of Gogo from Kill Bill… that's how she looks like anyway… that lovable twisted, psycho). Then silently, with the grace of a feline she sneaked behind him and carefully placed her hands on Rukawa's eyes and blew her hot breathe sensually on Rukawa's neck.

Rukawa shuddered a little then heard a familiar soft voice whisper in his ear. "Guess who… she's pretty and sexy and can kill you if you get this wrong."

Rukawa sighed and slowly turned around. "Baka…"

Maya sweatdropped and smiled to recover. "Well it seems some things never change." She wrapped her arms around his neck. "You're still one of the biggest yameros I have ever met. Yet… you're also the most lovable." She grinned seductively… any guy would have fallen for that… any guy except Rukawa… and that makes it a good thing that he's her boyfriend ne?

By now there was a crowd staring at them in awe… (once more). Here was a girl who was able to get close to Rukawa without being punched or ignored… here was a girl who didn't mind Rukawa's coldness and rudeness… here was a girl who was playing with Rukawa without being murdered… hey! And that's a good thing! They never noticed she was the same girl who made a scene with Rukawa the other day… except for… Hanamichi?

P.S. A crowd of fuming fan girls was watching they're every move… pretty brave of the girl for them…

Sakuragi scratched his head. "Hey! Isn't that the same girl yesterday?"

Maya cocked her head to one side and looked at Sakuragi. "Ye-eah so?"

"What happened yesterday anyway?!" he got an elbow to the side from Ayako.

Maya just smiled playfully and placed a finger to her lips. "Hi-mit-su… if you want you can ask Kaede over here… just don't expect a nice answer."

And they were positive they would never know…

"Baka…"

"Ya-me-ro" Maya answered back in a sing-song tone.

Rukawa glared at her… or rather tried to glare. Instead he shook his head from side to side as if trying to get rid of something. "Why are you here?" he asked sullenly.

"Sooo polite! I'm just here to cause uber destruction to your life and reputation," she teased. She caught another one of Rukawa's death glares and decided to talk. She tried protecting him from news of sure impending doom but… "Fine! I'll start talking…"

She placed her hands on her hips. "After going shopping with a lunatic, ultra cheery ditz I went to your place and found Hiei-chan waiting there somehow he was able to go inside besides the lock… and he wants to talk to you right after basketball practice."

"Who's Hiei?

"Umm… the guy who tried to off you yesterday?" she answered lightly.

Rukawa glared at her coolly. "Hey! Don't look at me like that! I even protected your 25in. plasma TV from him… he tried chucking it out the window while I was watching The Ring, said Sadako creeped him out. Never knew he was like that…" Maya protested surveying her nails.

"Hn…" Why would I want to talk to a guy who nearly offed me yesterday?

"He doesn't want to talk to you either but I kinda asked him a favor… and he kindly agreed! Please?" she was looking at him in a very cute manner i.e. huge puppy dog eyes. Rukawa was not moved.

"Oh come on Kaede… Hiei-chan's a nice guy… for a sociopath."

"You have a weird sense of nice."

"He did stop me from falling head first from a tree and bashing my skull in?" she pouted cutely.

"If you're still the same Maya that wouldn't make a single difference."

"But you were worried yesterday… that's why you came after him," she replied slyly.

Pure and utter silence…

Maya brightened. "Great! He'll see you in the same tree you two met in the park."

Awkward silence, stony silence, jaw dropping silence.

Maya cheerfully smiled and started walking out of the gym. She stopped in front of Yohei and the Sakuragi Guntai. "It was nice meeting you guys out there, thanks!" then she stopped in front of Mistui and whispered something in his ear before finally going out whistling `All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth'.

As she got out she left a blushing Mitsui standing there, slightly gaping at her,

Rukawa narrowed his eyes. "What did Maya tell you?"

Mitsui grinned uneasily. "She told me to well..." he stopped not knowing whether he should continue or keep his head. What if Maya was his sister or a close relative or a close friend? "- she told me in her own words to `please stop looking at her ass'." He winced then suddenly remembered something. "I can't believe she went out whistleling `All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!?" he added indignant.

Miyagi sneered. "It IS the perfect song for you if you know what I mean."

"Urusai…" Mitsui grumbled heatedly.

Ayako noticed Rukawa was looking stonily at Rukawa. If looks could kill Mitsui would be dead, buried and in the loving memory of everyone in Kanagawa. "You were looking at Maya's ass?"

The sure sign of disastrous doom. "YOU were looking at MY GIRLFRIEND'S ASS!?!"

The Shohoku team was surprise at Rukawa's sudden outburst. For months they have been pondering on the fact on why Rukawa doesn't talk very much and was always quiet and brooding. Now they knew that EVERYTHING had its own REASON… Rukawa was getting scary… very scary… the run-for-your-life-kind-of-scary…

Mitsui's face was turning into a very interesting shade of red and blue… kind of like purple… "Now cool it buddy… I mean friends don't maim friends right? I mean I'm sorry? I mean oops? EEEEEEPPP!!!" He started screaming like a girl as Rukawa started coming after him.

Yohei shook his head disbelievingly. "I can't believe she was Rukawa's girlfriend…"

"I can't believe that baka kitsune had a girlfriend…" Sakuragi muttered darkly.

Miyagi turned to Ayako. "I didn't know Mitsui could scream like a girl Aya-chan…"

Sinichi was slowly backing away. "F-fan girls… s-scary f-fan girls… run… for… your… lives…"

Sure enough there was a horde of enraged fan girls. Who ever knew girls in cheerleading outfits and pompoms could be so scary?

They didn't know that the events on that day were the reason why a new show was formed in a couple of months on local channel - "WHEN FAN GIIRLS ATTACK!

"Well… you can't say it hasn't been a very interesting day today ne?" was Ayako's half-hearted reply.

They all agreed on one thing. It was a very beautiful day… wouldn't it be great to still be able to live?

[1] He's not sexually deranged… that's just one of the things fanfic authors put about him

[2] He doesn't have hair issues… another thing fanfic authors put about him

(A/N: whew… finally a new chapter. Would you believe this is 15 pages?!? And more than 5000+ words!!! I hoped you guys liked it… please review!!!