Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ❯ YuYu Hakuso: Demons In a Human School ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ~

~ Chapter Five: I Haven't Been to School for Quite Awhile. What About You, Hiei? ~

~ YuYu Hakusho: Comedy and insanity (if you look at it in another perspective) ~

"You have got to be kidding!" Hiei scowled, sitting on Kurama's bed.

It was a Sunday, and the fire apparition was visiting his partner-in-fighting. Usually, Hiei was always quiet and reserved, and… scary. But when it was only him and Kurama alone together, the Forbidden Child could act freely. In short, not quiet, not reserved, not scary, and like a spoiled brat. But don't tell him I said that.

The same went for Kurama-kind of. Kurama never went out of character. Unless… You'll see.

"I'm not lying, Hiei," Kurama gently said, attempting to calm the raging demon. "Tone it down a bit. My mother will hear you." Kurama's mother, or should I say, Suiichi's mother, was clueless that her son was a demon, let alone had a demon friend that could burn down the whole city block in less than half an hour. Let's leave it that way.

"Hn." Hiei flopped next to the reformed demon. "So," he said quietly, "what school was it again?"

Koenma had `told' Kurama that a dangerous demon had escaped from the Makai, and was hidden in the human population, somewhere near Tokyo. Like what Hiei and Kurama had done. By the way, when a demon escapes from the Makai, run around screaming for your life. Thank you.

Hiei and Kurama's best bet was to disguise as school boys, and investigate if the escapee was seeking haven in a school. Yusuke and Kuwabara had come down with a severe case of Bwhanohitis. Whatever that was.

Thus, the two demons, apparition and youkai, had to attend school. (Ha! I used a transition! Take that, LA teacher!)

"Did you ever go to school, Hiei?" Kurama asked.

Hiei humped childishly. "'Course I did. How about you?"

"What do you think?" Kurama retorted.

"Judging from both of your previous questions, I think not."

Kurama twitched. "OUT!"

***************

"You're late!" The red-head called, looking at the shorter demon disapprovingly.

"Not my fault!" Hiei shouted back. "Who was the one who threw me in the bushes last night?!"

Kurama laughed nervously. "Let's go."

"After you," Hiei said, stepping to leave a path for Kurama. As the youkai walked past Hiei, the red-eyed demon stuck a note on the fox's back. It read: Hi, I'm Kurama, but you can call me Suiichi. I enjoy chucking everybody, especially shorter people, into wet and prickly bushes. In ffact, it's my hobby!

**********

~ Homeroom ~

"Hello, class!" The teacher stepped forward.

Nobody listened.

"LISTEN YOU BRATS! OR ELSE I'LL GIVE YOU DETENTION FOR SO LONG THAT I'LL BE A GARBAGE COLLECTOR BY THE TIME YOU GET OUT! I'LL FRY YOU ALL AND EAT YOU GUTS! CHILDREN ARE ESPECIALLY YUMMY THIS TIME OF YEAR!" The teacher paused, catching her breath. "Please?"

Everybody gaped at the teacher.

"Can I say `Anger management?" Hiei whispered to Kurama.

"Today, we have two new students, Suiichi, else known as Kurama, and Hiei!"

The said people stepped forward.

"Now, where do you two come from?"

Hiei glared at the teacher. "Don't you know? Hn. Baka-sensei."

The teacher, who we will now refer to as Baka-sensei for kicks, sweatdropped. `Not another gifted kid.'

"We come from… Siberia!" Kurama announced, eyeing a map of Siberia. `Why does she even have one in the class?'

"Siberia?" Baka-sensei was impressed. "A - blah - ha - ga hoo - wa - ne?"

"La - ha - ne wa - ga- ble - ga!" Kurama replied.

Hiei rolled his eyes. "What in this stupid world are you babbling about, fox?"

"It's Siberian language."

*********

~ Physical Education ~

"Today, sissies, you're going to be running laps!" Coach Hakukashi glared at his class. "One lap around the track, now!

The phrase `Anger management' flew through Hiei's head again.

Everyone, including Kurama, took of running. Hiei didn't.

"Didn't you hear me, SHRIMP?!" The coach yelled.

"I heard you," Hiei calmly replied. "I already ran."

Across the field, Kurama sighed as he watched the coach bicker with Hiei, or at least, tried to. Arguing with Hiei was like disapproving a rock. Both were silent and ignorant. Besides, Hiei had already ran a lap with his quick speed, so it appeared as if he hadn't moved an inch.

"RUN ANOTHER ONE, RUNT!" Coach Hakukashi was extremely angry.

"Looking opposite the field, Hiei caught Kurama's eye. *Am I allowed to slice this one, fox?*

*No, Hiei. Just run another lap. Slower this time. Besides, you need the exercise.*

*WHAT DID YOU SAY, FOX?!* Hiei took of running - sort of.

Coach Hakukashi gaped as the two new students ran around the field. Kurama was sprinting from Hiei's angry form, and Hiei was going so fast that he was a blur. To Hiei, however, it was like walking with two 50-pound weight chained onto each of his ankles.

*********

"This is your fault, you know," Kurama said to Hiei. The two were sitting in the principal's office, splattered with blood. "You had to pick up that sword. Even after Coach Hakukashi told you not to."

Hiei snorted. "Not my fault. That kid was asking for it."

"All he did was ask you to move out of the way!" Kurama screeched.

"Yeah, well, he forgot to say please."

Kurama fell over. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU AND YOUR `EVERYONE HAS TO WORSHIP ME OR ELSE!' I COULD BE IN MY ELECTIVE CLASS STUDYING PLANTS AND SUCKING THEIR LIFE FORCE, BUT NOOOO, YOU JUST HAD TO CAUSE A FIGHT IN THE CAFETERIA, DIDN'T YOU?!"

"Well - Wait - Sucking plants' life force?! Is that what you do?"

Kurama hesitated.

"HA! That is what you do! And here I thought you strengthened them!"

"WELL, I DO!"

Hiei snickered. "Anger management, fox."

Kurama leapt up, and was about to strangle the demon, but the principal walked in. He quickly sat down again.

The principal glanced severely at them. "You two caused a fight in the cafeteria. This is extremely offensive, do you understand?" He drew out every syllable, so it took and hour for him to finish.

Kurama nudged Hiei, who had nodded off after `caused'. "We understand perfectly sir." Darn. I really wanted to suck the lives out of the plants.

The principal watched them closely. "Good. You may leave." Kurama nudged Hiei again, who had fallen asleep after `good'.

***********

~ In the Hall ~

Kurama scowled. "How can you be happy, Hiei? We're walking around the school covered in blood!"

Hiei stopped his humming for a moment. "This isn't blood. It's ketchup!"

***********

~ At Koenma's Palace/Castle/Home/Whatever this place is! ~

Yusuke grinned. "This is pure gold, Koenma! Love your surveillance cameras!"

"I thought they would have been expelled!" Botan exclaimed, wiping her face.

Yusuke smirked at Kuwabara. "Hand it over! I win the bet!"

Kuwabara grumbled, handing Urameshi the amount he had lost. "Think they'll make it through the day?"

Koenma shrugged. "Who knows? At least we have blackmail material!"

"By the way, what is Bwhanohitis?"

Koenma looked at Keiko. "Well, actually, I was laughing at the sound of Kurama's voice, and when Ogre said that this scheme would never work, I said `no.' And all fancy diseases have `hitis' at the end!"

"Don't you mean `it is'?"

"Who cares! So it's Bwha - no - hitis!" Koenma grinned. "I am such a genius!"

"Everyone sweatdropped. "NOT!"

***********

~ Math ~

"Hey." Hiei suddenly poked Kurama in the back. "I've just noticed something."

"What?" Kurama snapped, rubbing his back.

"Well, I haven't sensed any demon energy, and we've been around the school at least three times."

Kurama turned to face Hiei. "You're right. Scary, but you are right."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

"QUIET!" The math teacher roared.

"Anger management," both demons whispered.

************

~ Study Hall ~

"Koenma's lying to us," Hiei said to Kurama. It was the last period of school, and the two demons were sitting in a dark corner of the class.

Kurama rubbed soot off the corner. "How do you know?"

"I sent one of my demon messengers to check up on them, and guess what?"

"You know I hate guessing, Hiei."

"Well," Hiei relayed everything that his messenger had heard. To know what the messenger heard, scroll up to the section where Koenma and the others are featured.

"I don't believe it!" Kurama was shaking with anger.

Hiei smashed a surveillance camera that was floating next to them. "Koenma will pay…" He pulled Kurama into a huddle. "Here's what we do…"

************

"Ready?"

"Ready," Kurama replied.

"All rigt - "

"HEY, SUIICHI! I HEARD YOU LIKE CHUCKING PEOPLE INTO WET AND PRICKLY BUSHES, DON'T YOU?" The captain of the football team stomped up to Kurama. He was 10 inches shorter than the fox.

"Uh-Oh," Hiei whispred, edging away from the scene.

"What do you mean?" Kurama asked, bemused. "Who said - "

The captain ripped off the note that Hiei had stuck on Kurama's back a while back.

"HIEI!"

"Anger management, Kurama!"

~ End of the School Day ~

millenniumspirit: I had fun writing this fic too! ^_^ And I updated at the same time too! ^_^

Please review and tell me if I should continue this chapter ^_^ Thanks!