Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction / Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ❯ Dragon Knights: Ryu-Oh! ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Knights.

Note: I did this just randomly, and it has been very fun! ^_^

Note: My computer's messed up right now. Everything I type comes out in bold, no matter what I do. So sorry if this is hard to read.

Also, everyone should read Vuireen's "Inside Tethus's Head" It's really funny, but I think you kinda need to be mature to read this fic.

~ Chicken Soup for the Anime Soul ~

~ Chapter Six: Dragon Knights: Ryu-Oh! ~

(words inside these curvy brackets are the narrator speaking )

When the person who had the featured POV, everything they think is marked in this symbol *

Also, when dialogue is exchanged, it tends to be in Third Person POV.

Ruwalk's POV - Just Woke Up and It's Early Morning

"Good morning, everyone! My name's Ruwalk, and I am the Yellow Dragon Officer, and also the Secretary of State of Dusis. Right now, I'm brushing my soft, silky, black hair. Remember, it's smooth, silky, and black. You'll probably need this information tomorrow. How do I know? BECAUSE I AM PSYCHIC! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" *cough*

(No, you're not.)

"Well, actually, no, not really."

(I told you.)

"I just happen to know that you have a Dragon Knights character test tomorrow. Ha-ha-haha-ha-ha. ^_^ (Says who?)"

"I know that I sound conceited and vain about my hair right now (ya think?), but in reality (or the universe of Dragon Knights) I am funny (sometimes), and I enjoy hitting these hard round balls off of these things called tee-pees, I think, and hitting someone in the head! (It's called golf. You are terrible at it.)"

"All right, that's it! How'd you become the narrator?"

(Auditions.)

*Sigh* "They don't tell me anything, anymore."

(I should hope not.)

"Go away and bother someone else!"

(Who?)

"Wh- How should I know?! Go bother Nadil for all I care!"

(He's scary.)

"Well, duh!"

(That's slang.)

"WHO CARES?! WHO REALLY GIVES A GO***** F***?!"

(Naughty, naughty, you'll get caughty!)

"What do you know?!"

~ Enter Tetheus ~

"I'm sorry, Ruwalk, but I'm afraid that you have been caught swearing in a PG-PG-13 fanfic," Tetheus explained, clapping handcuffs on Ruwalk's wrists. "Trial time!"

"I'll get you for this, narrator! And your curvy brackets too!"

(I told you.)

"SHUT UP!"

~ Alfeegi's POV ~ Again?!

Outside my door, I hear Ruwalk's voice arguing with the narrator's… again. Honestly, don't look so surprised. This happens every day. Ruwalk talks about his hair, the narrator makes some commentary, Ruwalk first ignores him, but then cracks, and ends up swearing at the narrator. Then Tetheus arrives and decides to put Ruwalk through a trial, but gets sidetracked by either Kai-Stern or another Dragon Fighter. Ruwalk runs away to His Highness, for safety, and stays there while His Highness has a talk with the narrator.

I usually just stomp around the castle picking on poor, unsuspecting victims. Tetheus handles his stress by staying quiet and stoic, but I choose to express myself more openly. You know, luckily, the narrator is so afraid of me that he tends to stay away from my POVs. I consider myself extremely lucky.

"Alfeegi?" Kai-Stern knocked on the Chief Secretary's door.

"What is it, Kai-Stern?"

"Well, Tetheus finally decided to hold a trial for all of Ruwalk's swearing. He's decided that Ruwalk needs to control more exercise over his mouth."

"What's the punishment for Ruwalk?"

"Well, if he is found guilty, Ruwalk has to learn how a true Dragon Officer acts, so Rath came up with the idea that Ruwalk should be Dragon Lord for the day."

*What?!* "And what did Lord Lykouleon say?"

"He said it was a great idea."

*That's it.* "DON'T YOU KNOW TO NEVER LISTEN TO RATH?! HIS IDEAS ALWAYS END UP WITH A BAD RESULT!"

"Well… Not all the time…"

OH NO?! WELL, WHAT HAPPENED THAT TIME HE SUGGESTED THAT LADY RASELANE SHAVE HER HAIR AND DONATE IT TO THE BALD SOCIETY? OR THAT TIME HE HAD THATZ GAMBLE THE DRAGON CASTLE? OR THE INCIDENT WITH RUNE'S HAIR?! DO YOU NOW HOW MUCH WE HAD TO PAY TO GET RUNE'S HAIR FIXED?!

"I know. Ruwalk couldn't even lend me some extra money for my trip-

AND THEN, HE HAD TO GO AND WRITE AN ANGRY FLAME FOR NADIL'S FANFIC ABOUT DEMONS TRIUMPHING OVER THE DRAGON WARRIOR!

"Nadil did write about the demons killing him…"

HE CAME AND SET FIRE TO THE WHOLE EAST WING! LUCKY THAT RUNE WAS THERE, BUT HIS HAIR GOT SINGED AND THEN

"All right! Chill, `Feegi."

DON'T CALL ME THAT!

"Jeez, fine. So, are you coming to the meeting?"

"I suppose so. Can't let Ruwalk become the Dragon Lord, right?"

"Umm…"

"RIGHT?"

"I'm sorry, Alfeegi." Kai-Stern pulled out a bottle. It looked harmless, but looks can be deceiving. He pressed the button.

Pink smoke filled the room. I hate pink. "Ugh…" Sleeping gas… Again…

~ Tetheus's POV ~ TWIHMIT

"Case dismissed!" I banged my fancy gravel on the podium. "Ruwalk is considered guilty."

There was a huge roar of `yays' and `go Ruwalks'.

"Tomorrow, you will report to the Lord's room and take over his duties for the day."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Ruwalk dropped to his knees. "Alfeegi's going to go ballistic if he hears about it!"

"If he does, I guess he won't notice if I steal the Dragon Sword back, right?" Rath looks hopefully at everyone around the room. "Right?"

Rune rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

"Are you going through puberty, Rune?"

"None of your business, Thatz!"

Watch out. Here comes the rock of doom.

WHAM!

That's gotta hurt. Note to self: never ask Rune if he's going through puberty. One second thought, never ask Rune anything.

Everyone was filing out the room. Alfeegi stumbled in, his eyelids heavy. He looked like he woke up on the right side of the bed, only to find out it was the wrong side.

"Kai-Stern, I'm going to hurt you so bad that you won't be able to go anywhere!"

This is the other thing about us Dragon Officers. We never say that we're going to kill someone else, even if we don't mean it. Alfeegi's really good at finding synonyms for words, so he can get really creative.

(Excuse me, Tetheus?)

"Yes?"

(I'm late for my TWIHMIH class. Can I go?"

"Sure. What does TWIHMIH stand for?"

(Promise not to tell?)

"You have my word."

(The World Is Happy, Make It Happy.)

~ Kai-Stern's POV ~ What Happened to the Dragon Lord?!

I watched as Tetheus fell to the ground laughing. He was squirming around the floor, gasping for air. And people though he was cold and unemotional.

"Hey, everyone?" I asked, glancing around the room. The only ones left were the other members of the Dragon Officers, Yellow Dragon Officer Ruwalk, White Dragon Officer Alfeegi, Black Dragon Officer Tetheus and myself, the Blue Dragon Officer.

"What?" Alfeegi snapped, looking like he wanted to snap me in half. "What is it, Mr I-like-spraying-people-with-sleeping-gas?"

Someone still needs a time-out.

"Well, Kai-Stern?" Tetheus seems to have recovered nicely from his sojourn of hilarity.

"Has anyone seen the Dragon Lord?"

Alfeegi twitched. "Don't tell me he's missing again!"

"Come to think of it, I haven't seen him at all today," Ruwalk said, scratching the side of his face. "What about you, Tetheus?"

Tetheus fixed Ruwalk with one of his stoic stares.

"Er… Right…"

"Let's go find him right now!" Alfeegi commanded. "He's just as way-ward as Rath is sometimes."

~ Third Person POV ~ Ryu-Oh!

The four Dragon Officers hurried up the castle stairs, Alfeegi running up ahead of them. Ruwalk was at the very end, dawdling. Lykouleon hated to be bothered. Actually, bothering the Lord when he didn't want to be bothered was extremely hazardous. Ruwalk had seen the Dragon Lord pissed off, and it was not a pretty sight.

Ahead of Alfeegi, Ruwalk, Tetheus and Kai-Stern was the door that led to Lykouleon's chambers. The door was slightly open, and behind it the four could hear giggling that most likely belonged to Lykouleon himself.

"My Lord?" Alfeegi tentatively pushed open the door.

Lykouleon beamed at his officers. "Come in, come in!" He greeted, shoving them inside.

"Are you all right, Lykouleon?" Ruwalk asked his old friend.

The Dragon Lord spun around, glaring at Ruwalk. "What did you call me?"

"I called you Ly-"

"That was a rhetorical question!" Lykouleon threw his hands up in the air. "Really!"

"What should we call you, then?" Kai-Stern asked.

Lykouleon turned to face everyone. "Well, I was just watching this wonderful TV show with my new Dragon TV and Satellite that Nadil gave me, and you'll never guess what show I was watching!"

"Survivor?" Tetheus guessed.

"Nope."

"What about Dusis Idol?"

"Nope!"

"What about…" Alfeegi said, looking at the Dragon Lord.

"What about what, `Feegi?"

Alfeegi twitched again. "What about… WHAT ON DUSIS WERE YOU THINKING, WATCHING A TV SHOW WITH NADIL'S SATELLITE MUCH LESS WHY YOU EVEN ACCEPTED HIS GIFT!"

Lykouleon paused. "That's not a TV show, I think."

"We give up. What were you watching?"

"It's a great show called Yu-Gi-Oh!"

Everyone, excluding Lykouleon, fell over.

"Yu-Gi-Oh! Why were you watching that?!"

"There was a new episode, and…"

Tetheus raised his eyebrows. "New episode? Do tell."

"Well," Lykouleon began, "Seto was beginning the semi-finals of Battle City, and he was attacking Joey, but Yami blocked his attack, and they started working together and-"

"Wait," Alfeegi interrupted. "Does Joey duel?"

"Oh yeah!"

Alfeegi suddenly looked interested. "Tell me more! What happened to Noa? I completely missed the conclusion! So unfair!"

"I know, I did too!" Ruwalk and Kai-Stern said.

"I didn't."

Ruwalk, Alfeegi and Kai-Stern his Tetheus with the Dragon Sword. "STOP BRAGGING! WE WERE BUSY!"

Rath came running in. "HERE IT IS!" He sprinted out of the room.

Everyone blinked at his retreating figure.

"So know," Lykouleon began, "before I tell what happens, you all have to call me by my new name."

"What is it?"

"Ryu-Oh!"

Alfeegi blinked. "Excuse me?"

"You know," Lykouleon said, smiling innocently. "Ryo-Oh! Yu-Gi-Oh means King of Games, Yugi means game, so `oh' must mean king. I'm the Dragon Lord, and since Ryu means dragon, I am, Ryu-Oh! Or King of Dragons!"

Tetheus, Ruwalk, Alfeegi and Kai-Stern exchanged glances. "Okay, we'll go with that. Now tell us what happened!"

Thus, the Dragon Lord and the Dragon Officers spent the rest of the day disscussing Yu-Gi-Oh! Meanwhile:

~ Nadil's Palace ~ Up and Up Go the Ratings!

"See," the Demon Lord said to Yami and Seto. "I told you rating would go up if Dusis watched your show too!"

~ Back at the Dragon Castle, One Day After ~ Ruwalk Is WHAT?!

"I'm the Dragon Lord today!" Ruwalk yelled, passing flyers to everyone in the castle. "You must obey my laws and only my own! Or else!"

Alfeegi groaned. "Ruwalk is the Dragon Lord? Ugh…"

(Actually, he's Ryu-Oh! now.)

"THAT'S IT! WE'RE HOSTING NEW AUDITIONS FOR A NEW NARRATOR!"

(Wait! I can be good! Really! Just give me another chance! Please!?)

Ruwalk snickered at the narrator. "What goes around, comes around! I'm the Dragon Lord!"

~ End Ryu-Oh! ~

What do you think? Good or bad? Please review!