Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Ningen, Youko, and Yami ❯ The beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The ningen, youko, and yami
By Chibi Ucchan

Chibi Ucchan: Oh hi everyone! I dunno what possessed me to write this, but I guess I'm just overly obsessed with Yugioh and Yu Yu Hakusho, though I dunno why I'm writing about Kurama when Hiei's my favorite ^_^ HIEI WA KAWAII!!! Oh I know! I'll write about them both! Then again, nah. But it's hard for me to write a YYH fic without Hiei in it... OH WELL! I'll put the whole YYH cast in it!

Chibi Jubei: Hey! I like Kurama, but ever since you told me about the Lively Little Hiei-Chan doujinshi, I think I'm starting to like him more ^_^

Kiiro Bom: The Lively Little Hiei-Chan doujinshi is a series of fancomics which is set in an alternate universe where Hiei is a 3 yr old and the tantei hafta go to all the missions while taking care of Hiei-Chan at the same time, if you want to read them, please leave your review saying you wanna read the doujinshi and put your e-mail in it too

Chibi Ucchan: Then I'll send you the link or URL of the site! Ah, I love that doujinshi series, I remember the time when Kurama, Hiei, Kuwabara, and Yusuke were on a mission, and Hiei needed his nap, so Kurama tucked him in a futon in middle of the hallway in this building full of guards and stuff, but Kurama tied and gagged them ^_^ And Kurama adopts Hiei-Chan ^_^ KAWAII HIEI-CHAN!!!!!

Chibi Jubei: Ah, shut up and write the fic already...

Chibi Ucchan: Fine... On to the fic then!

Hiei: Very luckily, Chibi Ucchan does NOT, I repeat does NOT own Yu-Gi-Oh, or Yu Yu Hakusho, cuz if she did, I'll probably look like a character with an oversized head and body, and there will be a beginning to each series but no ending, she'll leave u with some dumb cliffhanger and years later wont post the next part!

Chibi Ucchan: HEY!!! Just cuz I can't draw anime that good doesn't mean u hafta insult me! But I can never stay mad at Hiei! *Glomps him*

Hiei: *starts to suffocate*

Chibi Jubei: *Sighs* I'm off to buy a little coffin for poor Hiei

Quote of the Fic: "Tragic tale of octopus drown there (cant remember) years ago... somehow" ~Jusenkyo Guide, Ranma 1/2 comic (cant remember what vol and #)



One day, Shuichi Minamino a.k.a. Youko Kurama was walking home from school and by some miracle, he was able to escape from a horde of fangirls that almost trampled him. Ok, so he wasn't walking, it was more like running for your life. He turned the corner, and went into a shop before anyone of his fangirls could see him. He panted until he finally cought his breath, and took in his surroundings. He found out he was in some sorta antique shop. Sitting behind the counter was some person dressed in Egyptian clothes, wearing a mask covering her whole head, except for the eyes. She was also wearing a strange necklace with an Egyptian eye carved on it, made out of pure gold. (Try to guess who she is, *huge hint, big enough to instantly figure out who she is* The necklace is a millenium item that can see the future, if you still haven't figured it out, then you might as well stamp the word stupid on your forehead, and if you know, don't ask why she's running a shop there)

"I can feel it, you are different then other humans..." She said

"What?" Kurama said then thought 'Does she know I'm a youko?'

"I can see the future, and you will be a great help to the holders of the sennen items, you will help them find their way to victory during their time of need." She said to Kurama who was getting confused. (By the way, this starts in the beginning of season 2 of yugioh, in other words, starting from when Pegasus starts the Duelist Kingdom thing)

"I really don't know what you're talking about..." Kurama said politely

"All will come together soon, take this, free of charge." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a gold chain with a 2" golden rose pendent dangling from the chain, and if you looked closely, you could see an eye symbol carved onto the petals. She gave it to him.

"It's beautiful, but I can't ha-" Kurama started, but the person had already disappeared to somewhere. "Well, I guess I'll hafta keep it then..." Kurama then poked his head outside the door to check for rabid fangirls and found none so walked home.


Next Day


Sensei: Class, today we have a tranfer student from another class. (Pretend Kurama goes to Domino High) Please welcome one of the school's top students, Shuichi Minamino.

Kurama walks in and bows. "Ohayo gozaimasu. I transferred from class 9-B" (I'm just making this up)

All the girls in the class started drooling over him. "Oh my god! It's Shuichi Minamino!" One of the girls said. "I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend!" Another said. And they started talking and giggling and stuff.

"Geez, what's with them? He's just some guy, what does he have that I don't?" Joey said angrily.

"Joey, don't be jealous, he's just popular among the girls, it'll probably wear off soon." Yugi comforted Joey.

"I guess your right Yugi."

"Why don't we try to make friends? It must be lonely having to go to another class without your friends." Yugi said.

"That's a great idea Yugi!" Anzu said. She was the only girl who wasn't going gaga for him, she already liked a certain triple hair colored guy who's name is NOT Hiei. (Hey, Hiei DOES have 3 colors in his hair, Blue, Black, and White ^_^)

So they went up to Kurama and greeted him. (Let's say its break) "Hi! I'm Yugi Mutou, and these are my friends, Jounouchi Katsuya, Anzu Mazaki, and Honda Hiroto." Yugi said.

"Hi! As you know, I'm Minamino Shuichi. You can just call me Shuichi" He replied, glad to make more friends.

"Since my name is so long, just call me Joey" Joey said (I'm way too lazy to type Jounouchi over and over again)

"Ok Joey, Yugi, Honda, Anzu." Kurama said.

"Hey, do you play Duel Monsters?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, my little brother Shuichi taught me how to play a few days ago." He said.

"But isn't your name Shuichi too? How come your parents gave you both the same name?" Honda asked stupidly. (To me, he's really dumb, no offense to his fans)

"He's my step brother, his full name is Hatanaka Shuichi, my mom married his dad." Kurama said

"Oh..." The others said at the same time.

"You wanna duel against me?" Yugi asked, he felt like dueling someone all of a sudden.

"Sure, but let me find my deck first..." Kurama reached into his red hair and rummaged around, and finally pulled out a deck of Duel Monsters cards. "Here! Found it!" Everyone sweatdropped.

"Don't look at me, I was born like that!" Kurama said nervous at the stares he was getting.

"Ok, anyway, let's duel!" Yugi and Kurama sat down at a table and started the duel.

"To tell you the truth, I'm just a beginner and never really dueled before, so I most likely would lose." Kurama said

"How do you know when you haven't even tried it before?" Yugi encouraged him.

Later...

The result of the duel was a draw between Yugi and Kurama. Since Kurama was very strategic, he was able to turn it into a draw instead of a loss.

"Wow, I've never lost or tied with anyone before! You're really good!" Yugi said.

"Oh yeah, Yugi, before you used a card called "Kurama", can I see it?" Kurama asked. (There really is a card called Kurama, I have one)

"Sure" Yugi took it out of his deck and gave it to Kurama. "Why do you wanna see it?" He asked

"I just happen to know someone by the name of Kurama." He sorta lied. He studied the card and shrugged it off as a coincidence and gave it back to Yugi. "I guess it's just a coincidence.

After School...

"Hey Shuichi! You wanna hang out with us today?" Joey asked. They were packing their bags and walking out the door.

"Sure." Then Kurama looked left and right to check for any rabid fangirls. And sighed in relief when he didn't see any.

"YO!!! KURAMA!!!" Yusuke who was waiting with Hiei, Kuwabara and Botan outside Domino High. Kurama practically dashed in the speed of light and covered Yusuke's mouth and whispered "Shuichi is my human name remember?! No one here knows me as Kurama!" "Fine... SHUICHI" Yusuke said.

Yugi and co. walked up to Kurama. "Oh, I'm sorry guys, I can't go with you guys today, I'm sorta busy." Kurama said to Yugi and co.

"That's alright, how about tomorrow then?" Yugi said.

"Maybe." He replied

"Alright then." Yugi and co. left. 'Hm, I wonder why they called him Kurama?' Yugi asked himself

"Judging by the people here, I take it we have some sorta mission from Koenma, ne?"

"Yup! Now lets hurry up and get to Reikai!" Botan said...

At Reikai

"Ok, this mission is going to be longer than your other missions (How long was the longest one anyway?) Tomorrow, there will be a boat leaving for an island called the duelist kingdom which is sponsored by Pegasus J. Crawford, a billionare, but some fishy has been going on and I want you guys to investigate for me, Botan will be going with you guys and report to me when she finds something, she'll help you too." The baby Koenma explained. "Since you need an invitation to board the ship, you'll hafta sneak on, so it shouldn't be that hard."

Back at Ningenkai at the Minamino/Hatanaka residence

"Shuichi-kun! Shuichi-kun! Look what you got in the mail!" Shuichi Hatanaka yelled to his older step brother

"What is it?" Kurama asked and took the package...

"It's from the creator of Duel Monsters! It's an invitation to the Duelist Kingdom!"

'Duelist... Kingdom? Isn't that where our mission is?' Kurama asked himself and opened the package...



END OF CHAPTER ONE!!!

Chibi Ucchan: How'd you like it?! TELL ME!!! IF YOU DON'T TELL ME I'LL KILL YOU!!! Oh by the way, TOMORROW'S MY B-DAY!!! Happy B-day to me!!!

Chibi Jubei: *Walks in pushing a cart with a 6 ft box with holes in it* Happy B-day Chibi Ucchan! Here's your present! I didn't have enough wrapping paper so I didn't wrap it!

Chibi Ucchan: Oh! PRESENT! *Disassembles the box and finds Hiei tied up and gagged inside* WAH! This is the best b-day present I've ever got! *Sniffs and hugs the gagged and tied Hiei*

Hiei: *struggles but can't escape*

Chibi Ucchan: Bye! See ya next time, I've already planned the next chapter, lets just hope it'll come out sometime this year!