Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ "Don't Catch Me." ❯ Talking to the Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Don't Catch Me."

A Yu Yu Hakusho fanfiction

Me: Hi, minna-san! Welcome to Chapter Two.

Hiei: Is it over yet?! I want a vacation!!

Me: NO!! It's only chapter two, baka!!

Hiei: (pout) Wah…

Me: Oh just shut up and read the summary!!

Hiei: (sticking out tongue) Last chapter, somewhere in the Makai, someone read a file on Kiru and her whereabouts and said stuff about finding her. Meanwhile, in Mukuro's territory, Kiru and Mukuro were sparring when Kiru was grabbed from behind by some youkai who said he wanted to bring her home.

Me: If I owned YYH, do you think I would have let it end at 112 episodes?

Hiei: Yeah, she's Queen of no vacations…

Me: Will you shut up about that!!?

(sounds of fighting ensue)

Me: Enjoy Chapter Two!!

--

`I'm afraid I cannot do that,' the intruding demon says, trying to calm the youkai captive in his arms. `It's time to take her home.'

Kiru stiffens and stills suddenly in the youkai's arms.

`Home?' Hiei asks, raising an eyebrow and approaching cautiously with katana drawn. He is determined not to let his wife be taken from him ever again.

`Yes, it's long past time she comes to face-' he begins to say.

`NO!' she cries out and surrounds herself in Makai flames, instantly exceeding the ward's holding capacity. The demon, crying out in pain, is stunned into dropping her. She rolls away and quickly assumes an offensive stance. She hisses at the intruding demon as he approaches again. `Stay the hell away from me!!'

`Kiru-san, I must return you home.'

`Get out!' she screeches at the demon, flaring her youki as well as a spray of flames towards him. `And tell whoever sent you to leave me alone!!'

`You are coming with me! Jiryu-sama insists you return!'

Kiru gasps and pales, drawing her lover's attention. `Grandfather….'she murmurs quietly.

`Grandfather?!' Hiei asks her, coming to her side.

`But Jiryu is…' Mukuro says incredulously, `He's the ruler of the "demis"'

Kiru looks away and starts to flick her gaze nervously towards the castle, waiting for her opportunity to escape.

`But, Kiru,' Hiei says, `If you're his granddaughter…that makes you…'

`She is the heiress to and princess of the "demi" kingdom,' the stranger announces, looking right into Kiru's blazing crimson eyes. `And Jiryu-sama has decided it is time for her to take her rightful place.'

`And how do we know you are indeed a messenger for him, hmmm?' Mukuro says, raising an eyebrow.

`Oh, he is,' Kiru says, stepping forward. She glances back over her shoulder at Hiei, `Give me a minute?'

`Hai,' Hiei nods and steps back.

She glares at the demon, and assumes a stance Hiei has never seen her take before. `Hitoshi. Come, if you can beat me, I will willingly go with you.'

Hitoshi's eyes widened, `Kiru-san, I can't possibly raise a hand against you. Jiryu-sama would kill me.'

`I give you permission. Now show me your mettle.'

--

Me: That's all for this chapter!!

Hiei: Yay! Short chapter!!

Me: Now review please, so I can write more!!

Hiei: Noo!!

Me: What was that?

Hiei: Nothing!!