Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Betrayal and A Romance ❯ Heading Into Battle Unprepared, Short Goodbyes ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Betrayal and a Romance
Chapter 6
Heading into Battle Unprepared, Short Good-byes

Zyf fell to her knees. She was breathing hard as sweat dripped off of her sunburnt face. A piece of her blonde bangs fell from its position in a ponytail and onto her face. The sweat was suddenly mixed with the red blood dripping from a cut. It was a few inches deep, running across her right cheek, diagonally. She couldn't look up, but she could hear footsteps getting closer to her.
Ekiken sounded disappointed, "I wanted to fight the legendary weather apparition. Said to be the only one in existence, and to be the most powerful demon ever. This girl before me is nothing more then a simple human, tied and weak. I feel as if I have wasted my time here..." He was going to add more, but he say Zyf had stood up and started to speak.
She replied, "No, you're right. I'm not Zephyr. My name is Zyf. Zephyr died a long time ago. You should have known that. And I may be just a weak human, but I know I can beat you."
The demon laughed harder, "Beat me? You foolish human. You can barely stand, let alone fight. I've cut you from head to toe. Your clothes are shredded and you're bleeding all over your body. You can't even save your own friends."
At this Zyf started to glow pure black. Not like Hiei, who had a great hint of purple in his aura. No, the moon was out on this night, wonderfully lighting the small island. But where Zyf was seemed to be a pure black, a kind of unexplainable black. It had a feeling to it, rage.
All of the sudden, her hair turned black and her eyes submitted a gray dead color. Her heavy blade sword appeared at her side as did a small crossbow. Ekiken was speechless, his mouth hanging open. Somehow, he found the words to say, "Zephyr..."
All the response he got was a crossbow arrow shot into his right arm. As the demon screamed in pain, he instinctively threw a ball of thunder toward his attacker.
The ball hit Zyf in the chest, but nothing happened. Ekiken gasped and tried to call for help. As he did, clouds gathered and thunder shook the ground.
A giant bolt came down and struck the girl, causing her to glow. She charged at the demon and cut his head off in one clean sweep. The head fell to the floor and rolled off of the island, into the water. He was long dead before the head hit the ground.
Meanwhile, Yusuke and the others ran tot he shore line. They saw Zephyr glowing. And they saw her fall to the ground, her hair and eyes turning back to normal. Everything went black.

In Japan

Yusuke was receiving a hug from his sister. She had a bag thrown over her shoulder. They were all standing at the airport in Japan. Zyf had gone back to finish her vacation. Koenma and Dee had been found and returned unharmed.
As she let go of her brother, she said, "Bye, Bub. See you at Christmas." He nodded and took a step back.
Then she walked over to Kuwabara and Kurama. She pulled a piece of paper out of her back pocket and handed it to Kurama, saying, "Here's Tia's e-mail. I had fun, you two." They nodded as well. She gave Kurama a friendly hug, but stopped before she did the same to Kuwabara. She stuck out her hand and they shook.
Lastly, she walked over to Hiei. He looked up at her. Just as she was about to say something, an intercom came on, "Now leaving, the plane for America. Everyone should head to the gate."
She sighed and made her most hated good-bye short. She said, "Look me up if you're ever in America." He nodded. Then she picked up another bag and kissed him on the cheek. Afterwards, she ran to catch her plane.
Kuwabara and Kurama looked at Hiei and Yusuke, who were looking at each other. Yusuke waved his hand in front of his face and said, "You think I'm stupid enough not to know when my sister likes someone?"
Hiei let out a sigh of relief. He looked out the window at the plane that was now taking off down the runway. He would see her again at Christmas...


Author's Note: I'm sorry. I'm not very good at long battles or dragged on endings. I left it open for a sequel, but don't get your hopes up. If I do, the next one'll have better battle scenes, promise.