Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Betrayal and A Romance ❯ Chapter 5...(Real original, huh?) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Betrayal and a Romance5

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Zyf asked, slipping on her flip flops. The group had desided to relax at the lake for the day. Each of the guys had on a pair swim trunks. Only Hiei had on his normal outfit, black pants and his usual blue shirt. Zyf had protested, but Yusuke had kept his eye on them since the scene in the woods, the day before. She had tried to forget her dream from the night before and was going to try and convince him to join them in the fun.
She, herself, had on a blue bakini top and a pair of old blue jean shorts. Yusuke had on a pair of green swim trunks and a white T-shirt. Kurama and Kuwabara were wearing similair ones, but Kuwabara's were blue and Kurama's were red.
When they had gotten to the lake, Zyf had jumped right into the lake, the others right behind. Hiei simply snorted and jumped into a tree. As he looked over the water, he noticed Zyf talking to some other girls about her age. They were the girls from the school.
One of them pointed over to Hiei and laughed. He picked up something about gravity and hair. Zyf laughed and yelled over (they're all going to talk in English, they don't know Japanese. Only when Zyf, Hiei, and Kurama do when they talk to Yusuke and Kuwabara.), "Hiei, come on! Come here and meet my friends." She looked back at her friends.
Zyf introduced her friends to the others, "Girls, this is my brother Yusuke, and his friends, Kuwabara and Kurama. The one in the tree is Hiei." Then (in Japanese), she introduced each of her friends. They had already met Leana.
Davina Cattall was the first. She had green eyes and shoulder length, wavy, dark blonde hair. She was wearing a similair blue bakini top and a pair of matching swim trunks.
Then, Amanda Southtrim was next. She was the one who had said something about Hiei's hair. Her own hair was a lighter shade of long, strait blonde hair. They complimented her hazel green eyes and she was much shorter then the rest of the group. She had on a pink flower bakini as well.
Tia Youth had long brown hair and matching brown eyes. She was looking at Kurama as he was looking at her. She had on a green bakini and her hair was pulled back in a green pony tail.
Last, but not least, Amber Vamp had mid back length dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. She had on a blue one piece and was the tallest in the group.
After everyone exchanged hello's and hi's and all that, Yusuke yelled, "Last one to the other side is a duck lover!" Everyone, except for Leana, Tia, Kurama, and Zyf went plowing for the water. The ones that stayed behind laughed at them, seeing Dee (Davina) take the lead easily.
Zyf looked over to Hiei, who turned his head in discust at their human foolishness. She got out of the water and stormed over to the tree he was sitting in. He looked down and simply said, "I'm not going."
She smiled and replied, "It's O.K. I understand. I was going to say, you don't have to stay here. You can go back to my house or where ever if you want."
He simply grunted.
As the day went on, the group got along great. One of the longer activities of the day, was when they group played chicken. Yusuke and Zyf triumthed over everyone with their brother sister quardination. Kurama and Tia were their greatest opponents. The other groups were Kuwabara and Amanda, and Dee, Leana, and Amber took turns. The one left out was the ref.
At the end of the day, Zyf and Leana took Tia to one side. Tia demanded, "What are you two doing? What's up?"
Zyf nudged her in the stomach and asked, "So, you and Kurama."
Tia defended, "I'm not sure what you're talking about."
Leana added, "You haven't left each other's sides all day. We think he likes you."
Tia asked, "Really, you think?"
Sarah insured, "Yeah, I'll get it out of him tonight, promise. But I think Leana's right. He hasn't been able to take his eyes off of you all day."
Meanwhile, Kuwabara and Yusuke had taken Kurama off somewhere. Kurama asked, "Is something wrong?"
Kuwabara and Yusuke looked at each other and started laughing. He asked again, "What's the matter?"
Yusuke asked, "You like that Tia girl, don't you?"
Kurama was shocked. He had stayed near her all day, but he wasn't sure if he liked her enough to make a big deal about it, yet. He was atracted to her first appearing sweet natured. Then after she warmed up, he liked her playfulness and smarts. Kurama didn't know how to answer, so he asked, "Why would you think that?"
Kuwabara replied, "You've been flirting with her all day."
Yusuke added, "And you haven't left her side."
Kurama desides to spil, "I admit, I'm slightly atracted to her, but that's all."
Kuwabara teasted, "Right. We believe you."
Kurama defended himself, "Honestly."
Yusuke nidged him, "You should ask her out."
Kurama stated, "But I've only just met her."
Kuwabara yelled, "You need to loosen up. Take a risk. How do you think I got Yukina."
Yusuke answered, "By being stupid. But seriously. I can have my sister find out if she likes you."
Kurama pleaded, "That won't be necisary.