Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Kitsune's Plan ❯ No Escape ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Youko woke to an empty bed and scowled. He hadn’t meant to fall into a very deep sleep, but he was surprised that even though he was defenseless enough for Hiei to get up and walk away, the youkai hadn’t taken the chance to slay him. Maybe the plan was working after all. Youko sat on the edge of the bed and thought for a moment, then realized, Hiei was nowhere in sight. As the fox jumped to his feet, cursing, all thoughts of his plan retreated from his mind like rainwater slipping off the sleek fabric of a raincoat.
He darted through the entrance and past all his sprung traps and almost past the little demon who was breathing hard and leaning up against a tree. Youko practically skidded to a stop, coming to a final halt in front of the little demon who was glaring up at him.

***

Thoughts raced through his head as he stared up at the silver-haired fox. He had gotten past the traps, but now he was surely going to die. There was no way he would be able to fight the Youko and live; not in this state at least. Hiei caught his breath just in time for the fox to take a step toward him. Youko towered above his bent form, his golden eyes gleaming and his silver mane glittering in the setting sunlight. His face was not visible, due to the blinding light behind him, but Hiei was sure his gaze was filled with anger and hate. Hiei struggled to stay conscious as blood dripped from his open wounds; the gash on his arm had re-opened and there were many new cuts on his chest and limbs. Youko stooped over and came face to face with the bleeding youkai.
“I’m surprised you survived all my traps,” the fox said calmly, reaching down and picking the injured Hiei up, bride style. Hiei struggled, but Youko just smiled and held fast. “You really are an amazing demon,” Youko continued, carrying Hiei back toward the cave, “but still I wonder every time, ‘Why do I spare you?’ I guess we’ll never know.” Youko reached the cave and set Hiei down, drawing water and getting clean bandages. “If you keep this up, you’ll have depleted my first aid supplies in only a few days.” Youko wrung a rag over the bowl and brought both over to the place where Hiei lay. Hiei glared, but the words Youko said made him wonder. Why was it that he was always spared? Why was it that all his wounds were treated promptly and well? He suddenly remembered waking to the fox laying on his bare chest and his mellow face hardened again.
“Fag,” Hiei spat, trying to sit up and pull away from Youko’s soft hands. Youko smirked and let Hiei go, watching him struggle under half his own weight.
“Now is that really the way to treat your savior?”
‘Savior?’ Hiei thought, retching at the idea of being spared by another. Youko again tried to bandage Hiei’s bleeding wound but he pulled away again, slapping away the comforting hands that were trying to help him. Youko frowned as he saw that his ‘friend’ was not cooperating. Pinning one of Hiei’s shoulders down, Youko climbed over Hiei’s kicking legs and sat atop of him, pinning both wrists to the floor with one arm. Youko smiled as Hiei burned holes in him with his evilest glares and continued slowly, to bandage Hiei’s wounds.

***

Hiei, who didn’t see a point to staying awake, was finally asleep, though his jagan glanced around the room, sightlessly feeling all of it’s inhabitants and documenting where they were. Youko stirred in his sleep, muttering something about golden geese and Hiei opened an eye, sitting up and staring at the sleeping kitsune. He looked so peaceful and innocent laying there, his silver hair draped like a silken cloth over his shoulders and cascading onto the jewel-strewn floor. This was the first time Hiei had actually gotten a chance to look at the Youko’s home, and was amazed at the fox’s obsession with treasure. The floor was covered in a random assortment of jewels, some just individual gems, others strung into necklaces or bracelets. Tables and chairs were stacked high with mirrors, bars of silver and gold, books piled high to the ceiling, lamps and other random furniture set on any open space available. A few bottles of expensive wine sat in a corner alone, while dust collected on everything in the room.
Spotting something suspicious, Hiei walked over to the corner with the wine in it. He knelt next to the bottles, overlooking them and staring at a crack behind them in the wall. Quietly moving the bottles, he saw that the crack opened up and left a small space in the wall. It was small, but just large enough for Hiei to fit comfortably, making him wonder where it lead. Looking once at the sleeping kitsune, Hiei crawled through the space with hope that it would lead away from this den of torture. To both his joy and dismay, it opened up into a larger cave where a youkai was stopping to rest, an arm-full of jewels piled in his lap while he slept, leaning against the wall.

***

Youko woke to another nightmare as he realized Hiei was gone.
“The idiot! Doesn’t he realize my traps will only get stronger and smarter against him?” Youko scowled as he ran to the doorway and stopped dead in his tracks. It was ominously quiet as Youko realized none of the traps were sprung and nothing so much as a rabbit stirred behind them. His first thought was the youkai must have found a way to get past them without setting them off, but as he looked about the room for some sort of inspiration on what to do next, he noticed the moved wine bottles, and the crack in the cave wall. Staring in horror for a moment, Youko scrambled through the rock and came out on the other side in a small den. He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Hiei staring at an unidentified sleeping youkai. The sigh startled Hiei and he turned to face his pursuer, ready to fight to the death this time. Hiei’s katana was drawn and Youko took out his leaf blade, both demons concealing their emotions behind a mask of calm tranquility. Hiei charged first, Youko parried, and the fight began. The struggle lasted only a few minutes, swords doing no more than intimidate most of the time. When the clash was through, the unknown demon was awake, and now watching them curiously, clutching his treasure with an even more protective arm. Youko was sitting atop Hiei who was held to the ground, hands pined down and lips locked in a tender kiss. The fox’s hair enveloped them both in a silver curtain while their one-man audience wondered what they were doing. Youko shifted a little and licked Hiei’s lips not waiting for Hiei to open his mouth and forced entry, tasting ever inch he could. The trance was broken as Hiei felt the kitsune get hard and took him by surprise, throwing him onto the floor. Hiei stood and wiped his mouth, scowling, brushed himself off and made for the door, but Youko caught his am and held him fast. Youko gave the demon guest not a glance nor any sign of recognition as he practically dragged Hiei through the cave mouth and around to his own den. The traps stayed quiet as Hiei was dragged back and upon reaching the confines of his home, Youko threw Hiei onto the bed. Hiei’s first notion was that the kitsune would force himself upon him, but instead Youko turned away, walking to the crevice and planting a seed that quickly sprang into a man eating plant, ready to guard the second exit.
“Do not try to escape again,” Youko threatened, heading for the doorway. He looked back once more, meeting Hiei’s gaze equally then turned back and walked out the mouth of the cave.