Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Kuwabara Love Story ❯ The Love I Lost ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A Kuwabara Love Story

Written by: Jesscheaux

Disclaimer: I did not invent, nor do I own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of the characters, save any I may create.

Author's notes: Right after 'defeating' the Toguro brothers, Yusuke and Kuwabara are off to train with their alotted two months for the 'Dark Tournament' Will Yukina's rejection get Kuwabara so down that he can't train? Is there anyone who will ever be able to relieve his pain?

This is actually the first Yu Yu Hakusho story I have ever written. I was trying to finish it completely before I posted it, but months later, I'm really ready to post it now. This fic was also entered in a contest hosted by Lisa on her Kuwabara shrine "A Heart of Gold" Check it out sometime! Enjoy the story and thanks for reading!
________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________

Loneliness....

Emptiness.....

Rejection.....


The words flowed through his mind like a waterfall, neverending and crashing down. Each thought of her sweet face sent another pang to his heart. A pain he feared could never be stopped.

Yukina...

Her name was as soft and light as the ice apparition herself. (Why did I have to fall for her?) the lone boy pondered as he continued walking. He knew that they had only met briefly, but somehow he felt an attachment to her. He smirked, remembering the strand of love he thought had surely bound them together.

(You made me strong, Yukina. I fought for you..) Kuwabara shook his head, wondering if this strange new sensation would ever go away.

He found himself wandering into the inner city district where all the merchants set up shop and he looked around at people buying food in the market. A few young children passed by, chasing each other in a playful game of tag.

For just one second, Kuwabara was able to forget his pain as he watched the youngsters play together. He remembered his childhood then...even though he was still young he felt that he had grown up a little too fast.

(Heh. Stupid Urameshi and his Spirit Detective work. How did I get myself dragged into this.)

Kuwabara remembered when he and Yusuke were bitter enemies, and how their friendship had progressed from their being forced to work together. He didn't regret any of it. In fact, he was glad that it happened. It gave him something to live for, a purpose.

A purpose for destruction...the Spirit sword; forged of his own Spirit energy, it was Kuwabara's pride and joy. But with this upcoming tournament, he had to think of a way to make it stronger. How else would he defeat a horde of bloodthirsty demons? They would be after them especially since they were the guest group, and a human one no less. Humans were spit upon by demons of the underworld; thought of as lower beings.

(I'LL SHOW THEM ALL! Stupid demons...Kuwabara will NOT FALL!) he thought with a smile and pumped his fist in the air. He was getting deeper into the city now and the sun sank lower in the western sky. With a glance at his watch, Kuwabara noticed that it was about 5 o 'clock.

He turned his head to the side, and glanced up at the sun briefly then shielded his eyes. "Yukina...." the words tumbled off of his lips as if they were meant to be there. The young Spirit fighter jerked his head down then as a lone tear escaped from the corner of his eye. (DARNIT! Stupid emotions...good thing Urameshi's not around.) he felt his face flush in embarassment, (He'd never let me live crying down! I mean, it was bad enough he made fun of me in front of my gang.)

Kuwabara stood still at the corner where two streets met and sighed loudly as he waited for the sign to light to "walk". Out of the corner of his eye he spied something furry and black in the nearby alley. The creature seemed drawn to him, like a moth to a flame.

"Mrow?" it 'spoke' to him as it neared Kuwabara's tall frame.

The boy put his hand behind his flaming red hair as he bent down next to the small cat. "Well hey there you pretty pretty little kitty! Aren't you just sooo sweet!" He was making a fool of himself over a cat. "You wouldn't desert old Kuwabara now would you? Huh?" He picked up the furry creature and petted it on the head.

"Do you have a home, little girl? Do ya?" he asked in a slightly higher pitched voice than normal as if he expected the cat to answer.

The cat just perked its ears up and rubbed against his arm. "Awwwww..." Kuwabara petted it once again when a loud "MEOW!" was heard coming from the alley.

He turned his head rapidly to see a larger black cat who seemed to be calling to the one he currently held. "Meow?" the cat in Kuwabara's arms answered and jumped out of his grasp to go to its mate. The two cats rubbed against each other in a guesture of love and Kuwabara sighed again.

(If only I could experience that kind of love...even cats have it and I don't...pathetic.)

His mind flitted to another couple. Yusuke and Keiko. He wished he had what they did. As young as he was, Kuwabara still longed for companionship. Someone to talk to, to be with, to share everything with.

"To be someone to somebody..." he spoke and the wind carried away his words. Another batch of tears threatened Kuwabara's dignity and it took all he had to hold them back. He was the toughest guy in school, DARNIT! Not some sissy weakling who NEEDED people! ARRGH! So frustrating! He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

(Enough of this stupid mush, I'll get over it because I'm tough! And I don't need anybody.) He shoved his hands in his pockets as he felt a cool breeze begin to sweep through the town.

He entered another part of the neighborhood just then, one bustling with more people and the movie theater came into view a few blocks down. (Maybe I'll go see a movie, to get my mind off of things. A karate movie, yeah! Lots of fighting!)

Boy did he love fighting. But little did he know there was someone else in town who loved fighting as much as he did.

And I'm not talking about Yusuke.


"YOU THERE!" a voice screamed out.

"HUH?!" a shocked Kuwabara yelled as he jerked his head up and looked around...

The person then began running at him with some sort of weapon outstretched...

TO BE CONTINUED....
________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________
This is my first Yu Yu Hakusho fic and it's about my favorite character Kuwabara! But you all knew that. ^_^ Who is the mysterious stranger who is attacking our hero? Find out next time!!!