Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Makai Friendship ❯ A New Life ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
BlackRoseVixen05: I am back again…finally. Well, on with the story!
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.


Chapter 3


Running. That's mostly all she could remember. Vaguely, she recalled the whooshing of the wind as they ran; the calling of the birds overhead; the smell of death in the air; and the panicked breathing of her beloved friends. She could remember the feeling of warm tears streaming down her pale cheeks. She could remember the sound of their footsteps, pounding against the dirt as they desperately tried to flee for their lives. But more than anything, more than the running, she could hear her friends' screams of agony as they, one by one, were struck down right in front of her.

”NOOOO!!”
___________________________________ _____________________________________

”NOOOO!!” Seilez woke up screaming. Looking around frantically, she soon realized she was in her bedroom. The room she had all to herself in the house she shared with her human family. It had been sixteen years since she fled to human world. And yet, she was still plagued by nightmares as if it had only been a day. The images of her dead friends haunted her every night.

Catching her breath, Seilez looked down at her hands. They were trembling. She covered her face with her hands, and began to weep softly. She couldn't take it. This feeling of loneliness was too much for her to bear sometimes. But, she tried to stay strong for her friends.

Just then, there was a knock on her bedroom door. “Kiara, are you alright in there, sweetie?” A voice came from the other side of the door. The door slowly opened, and in stepped Seilez's human mother, Akima. She was a caring and gentle woman, and Seilez loved her dearly. Kiara was Seilez's human name. Though she preferred her real name, she had come accept her human one.

”Yes, Mother. I'm okay.” Seilez said to her mother as she wiped away a few of her tears. Seilez had never told her human family about her past. She feared they might reject her if she told them. After all, it's not every day a girl walks up to her family and goes, “Hey! Guess what? I'm not human! And I'm not really your child!” Right, that kind of thing just doesn't happen. So, for now, Seilez would just keep all of that to herself, even though it was hard sometimes.
Looking back at her mother, Seilez grimaced. She knew her mother wasn't convinced that she was alright. One thing she would have to give her, her Mother was no fool. “But, honey, you were crying again,” Akima said as she sat down on Seilez's bed. “Kiara, I'm your mother. You know you can always tell me if something's wrong.” Then she took Seilez in a gentle hug. The kind only mothers can give.
`If only it was that simple, Mom,' Seilez thought as she hugged her mother. “Mom, I promise I'm okay,” she said as she looked up at her mother. “It was…just a bad dream.” She understood her mother's concern. She would cry every night, and her mother was always worried. But no matter what, she would always say it was nothing, and that she was okay.

Seilez heard her mother sigh. “Very well, sweetie,” her mother said as she released her from the hug, “Try to get some sleep, okay, hon? Tomorrow's your first day at your new school.” Seilez merely nodded, saying, “I know, Mom.” Seilez sighed. Tomorrow was, indeed, her first day at her new school. She and her human family had just moved to this neighborhood two weeks ago. And now it was time for her to start school again.

Akima gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead before standing. “Good-night, sweetie. Try to get some rest, please?” she asked. Seilez smiled and nodded. “Yes, Mom.” She said as she lay down. Her mother gave her small smile, then left her daughter's room, closing the door quietly behind her.

Sighing, Seilez folded her arms behind her head and stared at the ceiling. `Shenzi… Hiei… Kuro…. Yoko…. Guys, I hope that you can hear me, and that you all know that I still love and miss each of you very dearly. And, I also hope you guys are truly happy… unlike me. And I pray, that wherever you are, you guys still love and miss me, too. ` Seilez thought as a single tear made its way down the side of her face. With that thought in mind, she rolled onto her side and finally drifted off to sleep.

End Chapter 3.


BlackRoseVixen05: Yes, I know. This chapter was short, but it is a transition chapter. The next one will be longer. Please review!!!