Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Makai Friendship ❯ The Lost ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BlackRoseVixen05: Hello, everyone!!! I have returned!!! *dramatic music plays in background* Okay, okay, it's isn't that great. *music stops* Thank you. *ahem* Anyway, I'm back again with the next chapter. I hope you all enjoy it. ^^ But do me a favor and review, so I'll know what you think. Please and thank you. *wink* Now, on with the story!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho.
 
Chapter 2.
 
The next day Seilez and her team made a trip to a large meadow where they loved to train. On one side of the meadow, Seilez trained with Shenzi. On the other side, Yoko, Hiei, and Kuro had a three-way battle.
 
Seilez stood at least twenty feet away from Shenzi, staring her down.
"Ready?" Seilez asked, taking a fighting stance. Shenzi nodded in response. Seilez charged towards Shenzi with great speed.
"Hah!" Seilez yelled, drawing her sword from its sheath on her back. Seilez leaped high into the air, to perform a downward strike. Shenzi quickly realized what attack Seilez was using, thus, she knew exactly how to defend herself. With a flick of her wrists, Shenzi's finger nails elongated into long, sharp, and very deadly claws. Shenzi held up her taloned hands just in time to block Seilez's attack. The sword collided with Shenzi's claws making a loud clash. Sparks from the friction flew through the air as their energies encircled them like a mini tornado.
"Not bad..," Seilez said as a smirk appeared on her face.
"Same to you," said Shenzi, as she broke away from Seilez's attack. Both fighters stood fifteen feet away from each other, each impressed by the other's moves.
"You ready?" Seilez asked, with a smirk still on her face.
"Yeah. But let's step it up a bit, shall we?" Shenzi said, gathering her energy.
"Sounds like fun," Seilez said, charging at Shenzi once again. Charging as well, Shenzi leaped high in the air, grabbing Seilez by her shoulders. Landing, Shenzi hurled Seilez high into the air. Gathering her energy, Shenzi unleashed it, aiming it toward Seilez. Eyes widening, Seilez was barely able to dodge Shenzi's enormous attack in time. Seilez glared at Shenzi, saying, "What the hell was that about? You could have killed me!" Shenzi only grinned.
"Aw, chill out, Seilez. That wasn't even half of my power. It wouldn't have killed you... I don't think." Shenzi said, chuckling.
"You don't think? You mean it might have....?" Seilez said, sweat dropping from her brow.
"Oops," Shenzi said, chuckling sheepishly.
"Oops, indeed," Seilez said walking over, and punching Shenzi's arm, playfully. Suddenly, Kuro came flying down from the sky toward Seilez and Shenzi.
"Hey, Seilez, when the guys and I were training a minute ago, we saw some people heading north. They were carrying large bags of gold. I say we go relieve them of it. What do you say?" Kuro yelled, grinning. "Heh, why not? Let's do it," Seilez agreed.
"Cool! Come on, Yoko and Hiei are waiting for us." Kuro said.
Meeting up with Yoko and Hiei soon after, they set off for a new heist.
 
After an hour of following the travelers that held the gold, the group of friends found themselves standing outside of a huge castle, much like the one they had robbed the day before. But there was something strange about the castle. Things were too...quiet. But nonetheless, the group ventured forth. Stopping in front of the castle Seilez turned to Kuro, "Kuro, fly around the castle and see if there's another way in."
"Gotcha," Kuro said, opening his leathery wings, and lifting into the air. After a few moments, Kuro returned to the others.
"There's a door at the side of the castle. And it's unlocked. It's probably going to be our best bet for getting inside unseen." Kuro said.
"Good job, Kuro. Let's go." Seilez said, dashing off toward the side door, followed by the others. Reaching the side door, the group of five cautiously entered the large castle, unaware of the danger waiting inside. Venturing deeper within the castle, they took note of their surroundings, not wanting to be lost in case something went wrong. Making their way further down the seemingly endless hallway, Kuro flew ahead, trying to spot any signs of danger, though he could see nothing. Finally, something shiny caught his eye. He flew closer to it. He realized that it was the tip of an arrow head, shining in the light of the setting sun. Without warning the arrow was launched at him, piercing his left wing. Losing his balance when the arrow struck, Kuro flapped around wildly, trying to stay airborne. Regaining some balance, Kuro turned around and dashed back to the others. As he approached them, he glanced back to see dozens of arrows coming towards them.
"It's a trap! Everyone, run!" Kuro yelled. Not bothering to argue, the others quickly followed Kuro's orders and ran. As they made it back to the door where they entered, they found that it was barricaded.
"Quick! The front door!" Seilez yelled, dashing towards the front entrance. Leaving the castle through the front door, the friends thought they were in the clear, but they were wrong. An army of demons, all carrying weapons, poured out of the castle after them.
"Damn it!" Shenzi cursed as she began to run once again. As Hiei ran, he fought off the demons that managed to get too close.
"This is no time for fighting, Hiei! It'll only slow you down! Just keep running!" Yoko yelled from ahead of them. Hiei made no reply, but followed Yoko's orders. Meanwhile, in the air, Kuro was having a hard time keeping up with the others. The arrow that shot him was still lodged in his wing, and the pain of it grew with every movement. Up ahead, Shenzi noticed Kuro falling behind.
"Kuro, can you make it?" she yelled to him.
"Yeah, I'm okay." Kuro said, a pain-filled grin on his face. Shenzi could see through his smile, but said nothing. Becoming too obstructive and painful, Kuro grabbed the arrow in his wing and yanked it out, wincing as the pain surged through his entire body. Yoko, still running ahead, studied the area and noticed traps up ahead.
"Everyone, be careful! There are traps ahead!" he warned the others. Nodding in agreement, the group of friends continued to flee, as the horde of demons drove them into a large bamboo forest. Then, to everyone's shock, Kuro turned and flew back toward the demons.
"Kuro! What the hell are you doing?!" yelled Seilez, who noticed first. Not even stopping to look back, Kuro yelled to his friends,
"Keep running! Do not come back for me! I'm sorry I got us into this, and I know I can't win, but I can at least hold them off long enough for you guys to get away! Good-bye, my friends!" With that, he disappeared into the forest behind them.
"No! Kuro! Come back!" Seilez screamed, her eyes welling with tears. Seilez continued to scream after Kuro, while the others stared in shock and disbelief. When it was clear that Kuro was not coming back on his own, Seilez started to run after him, but Yoko blocked her path.
"You can't go back, Seilez! I won't let you, " Yoko said, remorsefully.
"But Kuro..." she stammered.
Seilez couldn't finish because she began to wail in the middle of her statement.
"I know it's hard, Seilez, but we have to do what he says," Yoko said, wrapping his arms around her.
"He's right, Seilez." Shenzi said with eyes reddened with tears and sadness.
"Alright... Let's go!" Seilez said, pulling out of Yoko's arms and running in the opposite direction of poor Kuro. As Seilez and the others continued to make their way through the bamboo forest, a bat-like screech of agony pierced the air.
'Kuro... Thank you. I'll miss you.' Seilez thought, closing her eyes tightly to hold back the tears.
As they continued to run, Shenzi, unable to detect one of the traps, was ensnared when a rope looped her ankle and snatched her up into a tree.
"Damn it.." She said, using her claws to cut the rope that held her left ankle. But as soon as she was free and her feet reached the ground, her body was shot full of arrows. With surges of pain shooting through her body, she threw her head back and drilled the air with a shrill scream of death. The others turned around quickly with horror written in their stares. Hiei turned and went back.
"No! Shenzi!" cried Hiei, running to her side. Shenzi opened her eyes to see Hiei and the others coming back for her. She also noticed that the demons were getting closer, and if they didn't hurry, they'd be caught and killed as well.
"No! Keep going! Let them finish me while you guys get away! Now go!" Shenzi screamed, using the little energy she had left. Hearing this, Seilez and Yoko stopped running towards her, but Hiei did not listen.
"I won't just leave you here!" Hiei said, trying to hold back his tears.
"Shenzi, you have to come with us! I don't want to lose another of my friends!" Seilez yelled from where she was standing. Shenzi smiled sadly.
"I know, Seilez, but we've already lost Kuro, and I don't want to see anymore of you get killed. So even if you don't make it out of this forest, I'll at least know you tried." Shenzi said gasping and struggling to speak.
"Shenzi..." Hiei said, quietly. Looking up at Hiei, Shenzi reached a quivering hand and touched his face, her eyes pleading.
"Hiei, I love you so much. Please, just go. For me..." Shenzi whispered, her tears becoming tears of blood. Hiei looked away from Shenzi for a moment, glaring at the demons as they closed in.
"There they are! Get them!" one of the demons shouted.
"Damn it, Hiei, run now!!" Shenzi yelled at him, closing her eyes tightly. Hiei looked at her and nodded sadly.
"I love you, Shenzi. Don't you ever forget that!" Hiei yelled as tears finally fell from his eyes, and turned into black gems. With a heavy heart, Hiei turned and ran once more, leaving the one he loved behind.
'Hiei... please remember me...' Shenzi thought as death finally took her away.
As they fled through the unending bamboo forest, Yoko thought over what Shenzi had said.
'Shenzi was right. All of us probably won't all live through this. But, if one of us makes it, the others too will survive this.' Yoko thought, clenching his fist. Noticing this, Seilez yelled to him, "Yoko, promise that you won't leave me too." Yoko shook his head, and smiled sadly at her.
"I'm sorry, Seilez, but I can't promise that," he said looking away. Following Seilez and Yoko, Hiei hadn't noticed how far he had fallen behind. His mind became blank when he felt the last of Shenzi's energy disappear. Thus, he didn't noticed that three of the demons had caught up to him. One on the demons grabbed his leg, making him fall to the ground. Before Hiei had a chance to react, he yelled as several sharp, metal objects punctured his body. Hearing Hiei's yell, Yoko and Seilez stopped ahead.
"Hiei! No!" Seilez screamed.
"Hiei..." Yoko said turning his head, not wanting to look back. Once again, Seilez prepared to run back and help.
"Go! Yoko, get her out of here! Run!" Hiei yelled with his last bit of energy.
"Seilez! Let's go!" Yoko said grabbing Seilez's arm. The two of them ran, feeling more sadness at the deaths of their friends.
''Yoko, we've lost them all," Seilez said realizing this truly for the first time.
"I know, Seilez. I'm sorry," he said looking at the ground.
"Yoko, you have to promise me! I can't lose you, too!" Seilez yelled.
"I'm sorry, Seilez. Please forgive me for what I'm about to do," he said looking at her with sad eyes.
"What... do you mean...?" Seilez asked with a confused look on her face.
"I'm sorry," was all Yoko said before running over to Seilez and hitting her on the back of her neck, knocking her unconscious.
"Yoko... why?" Seilez whispered as she fell into darkness. Yoko lifted Seilez into his arms and ran over to a large hollow tree. Placing Seilez inside the tree, Yoko sealed the tree trunk with his powers. Seilez began to stir, opening her eyes, she saw Yoko sealing up the way out.
"Yoko, stop! What are you doing?" Seilez yelled.
"I'm sorry, Seilez, but this is the only way I can protect you." Yoko said quietly.
"No, Yoko! Please!" Seilez screamed, trying to break free of the tree. Yoko ignored her cries and turned away from the tree. He fled back towards the direction of the demons that were still chasing them. He knew that they would probably find Seilez by her scent if they got close enough, but he wasn't going to let that happen. Yoko stopped running when he reached a large clearing in the forest. The demon army stood on the other side. He crossed and the battle began. Yoko knew that he couldn't win against them, but at least Seilez would be safe.
 
Inside the tree, Seilez had cried herself to a stupor, and was sure that she'd never see Yoko again. After a while, she opened her eyes to a surprise: She could break the seal of the tree. Freeing herself, Seilez stood up and scanned the area, trying to find any trace of Yoko. Sensing a bit of his energy, her eyes widened at how weak it was.
"He's dying..." she whispered as she headed in his direction. She ran through the empty forest as fast as she could, eyes wide, searching for the one she loved. All the while, she passed the dead bodies of demons that had chased them. But at last, she found him. He was lying on his back in the center of a small clearing, covered in his own blood.
"Yoko!" she screamed, running to his side. Trying not to show surprise at how beaten and cut up he was. No one could have lived through this, but she hoped he would. At least she would be able to say good-bye.
"Yoko,..." she sobbed, holding his body close. She felt him stir.
"Yoko?" she wept, glancing down into his pained eyes. Weakly, Yoko reached up a shaky hand and gently brushed away a few of her tears.
"Seilez, please don't cry..." he said, his voice was very weak due to a slit throat. Seilez grabbed his hand, holding it against her face.
"Please, Yoko, you can't die... I love you." Seilez pled. Yoko shook his head no as a sad smile appeared on his pale face.
"Seilez, you have to get out of here. The demons... might come back," he said, feeling himself slipping away. Knowing he was right, she nodded sadly.
"Alright," she said, leaning Yoko's body against a tree.
"I love you, Seilez. Never forget that. And please know that the others and I are still with you." Yoko said as his smile began to fade.
"I know," Seilez whispered, leaning forward and placing one last kiss on his lips.
"Good-bye, Seilez," he said giving her another weak smile.
"Bye..." she whispered as she stood up and glanced at Yoko once more before disappearing into the forest.
 
Seilez wandered through the forest for what seemed like an eternity, her mind constantly thinking about her fallen comrades. She had never truly felt sadness. It was too much to bear. The sound of crashing waves snapped her mind away from its thoughts. Seilez found herself standing on the ledge of a high cliff that overlooked the ocean. The thought of just ending it all now danced at the edge of her mind. However, before she stepped off the cliff, the promise that she once made to her friends popped into her head. The promise was that if anything happened to them and one was left alive, that one would go on with his/her life and never steal again. Sighing, Seilez turned away from the cliff and headed back into the forest. Realizing that it would be hard, Seilez wanted to at least try and move on. But she couldn't do it in demon world. It would remind her too much of her friends. So, she did the only thing she could think of. With all her might, she tore her soul from it's body. In soul form, she fled to human world. Reaching human world, Seilez was born into the body of a human baby, hoping to start a new life, and forget her past.