Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ambrosia ❯ Kurama Revealed. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A few days later and I'm still on the brink of insanity from learning nothing. The "master's" servant is very nice and tries to make me feel comfortable as I can be; he changes my covers every morning, fluffs my pillow, and even brings me breakfast in bed; I feel like a queen. I've helped him out in the store, and I've cleaned the place up a bit. The "master" left the morning after my run in with the fox and I have not seen him since. I have since learned that his name is "Master Hiei" most probably his name is just Hiei, unless it's a last name; I didn't account for that. I've been trying to learn what the servant's actual name is, and I tried again this morning. "But what is your name?"

"The master calls me Imp."

"Imp? Well what do your parents call you?"

"I have none."

"No parents, are you sure? So you're an orphan?"

"I've only known Master."

"What do you know of him?"

"He is caring and much unlike what is thought of him."

That's all I could get out of him; he said the Master wanted the shop to be clean when he got back and he scurried off. The servant, whom I have named "Imp," is the only thing, besides the fox, that seems to have any connection with the Master. So, tonight I go to sleep knowing not what tomorrow brings, this little fox could tell tales if he could only speak. "Curl up my little fox, tonight we sleep like last night, unknowing." I hug the fox close to my chest and fall into a deep sleep.

I awoke to warmth, Imp had probably turned the heat on; he was always so caring. I heard a small voice; it sounded like Imp's voice. There was another voice, male, deep… hmmm, something is rumbling next to me, probably the little fox purring. There's Imp again, "Breakfast for two today, Mistress?"

I smiled at the name; he had bestowed it upon me after I stayed a day. He took a particular interest in me and seemed to like me a lot more than he did the Master that was probably why he called me Mistress. "For two? Oh yes, I suppose Kurama would want some milk and meat."

"You can skip the milk." I shot fully awake upon hearing the male voice; it was only then that I realized there was a naked man next to me. I screamed and jumped from the bed hiding behind the short Imp. "What are you doing in my bed?" I yelled hysterically.

"Why you put me here." The redheaded, green-eyed beauty smiled at me. "Last night, you're the one that placed the little Kurama on your chest."

"Wha-Wha-what are you talking about?" I stood from my stooped position behind Imp. "I put a fox on my chest, Not a naked man!"

Imp chuckled, "lord Kurama, she does not know."

"L-lord Kurama? Imp, you wouldn't lie to me would you?" I looked from Imp to the man then to Imp. I did not like waking to strange men in my bed, even if he was a decidedly handsome man.

"I would not lie to you Mistress. He is Kurama, the same fox that has been with you since you arrived."

My mouth gaped open as all of my actions came back to me, "Do-do you remember anything…?"

The now human Kurama smiled, "Mostly everything."

I blushed then reacted to my embarrassment with anger, "And you didn't look away! And how do I know it's really you anyway! It's absurd to think that a human could turn into a fox or vise versa!"

The human Kurama stopped me, "Not human."

Imp stopped me next from speaking, "lord Kurama, it might not be wise to tell the Mistress."

"Hasn't she already seen me? It would be almost impossible not to tell her. And how are we to explain? Our lies would only tangle and eventually lead her to the truth." He smiled at me, a smile that warmed my very core. "The truth is that Hiei has graciously allowed me to stay with him since I am not fully human, hide me from the government and all that. I'm a Youko, a Kitsune."

"How did that happen?"

"Long story, just take my word for it."

Something about this man made me trust him, and I'm sure it wasn't the fact that he was lying stark naked on my bed. Imp led me from the room; "Breakfast is awaiting you." As I sat picking at the strange meat and eggs that I had yet to place the origin, my mind reeled with confusion. How was I to explain this to Kuwabara? And what about this Hiei fellow, I hadn't gathered any information on him but that he was harboring Kitsune's and keeping slaves. What exactly was Kuwabara looking for? Cling-Ding the bell rang signifying the opening of the door, I glanced and saw Hiei. I jumped up and ran to him determined to get some answers from the brash man. I grabbed his arm and swung him around, "I want some answers and I want them now!" Grabbing his arm was a move I soon regretted. He twisted my arm behind me, grabbing my other and doing the same as he pressed me against the wall, his face inches from mine. His red eyes seethed into my own, for a few minutes it was an intense starring contest. His grip was burning my wrists causing me to writhe in pain that I was determined not to show. Burning? How? That's not natural. I spoke slowly through gritted teeth, "Who are you."

"Hn." He glanced at the roof then at the stairs where Kurama appeared. He half smiled at the redhead and I had a sudden fear of betrayal wash over me. Hiei turned his attention toward me and tilted his head, "Why do you fear betrayal so much?"

How had he known? There's no possible way. I hadn't said anything, but he pinned it down to the exact emotion. "H-how did you-?"

He let my wrists go and turned from me, "None of your business, fool." He stopped at Imp and handed him a small package. Imp's eyes lit like the sun, "Thank you Master!" To my surprise Hiei did not say you're welcome, in fact he said nothing at all; he just continued walking toward a locked door that I had tried many times to break into. He unlocked the door, I know not how, and entered the room, slamming the door behind him. Kurama sauntered to me, offering an explanation, "My friend is… very much a loner. May I ask what brings you here?"

"Research." I looked down at my burned wrists in puzzlement. Burned? By hands? How is that even possible? Normal, human hands burned flesh; who is this man?