Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ American Beauty ❯ Like Mother, Like Daughter ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
Like Mother, Like Daughter
 
Gold hears Yusuke shut the door. "Hello, I'm home." He walks around the house, then in her room, "Gold, don't you answer when people ca-" he sees Hiei sitting at the windowsill and Gold next to him. "Ha ha ha, so this is what you were talking about when you told me about a party, ha ha ha!"
 
"Shut up. Koenma told him to guard me. That's it." Gold knows that's the truth, but she can't help but wonder if there is something more.
 
~Don't get all sentimental. I'm just doing my job.~
 
Gold looks around the room ~What? How did you get in my head? Get out!~
 
~Hn~ Gold is about to kill him for going in her head, but she decides against it.
 
Gold storms out of her room "How could I think that! He's so mean, so nasty. I'll kill him for going in my head. The nerve of that punk!" Gold stops and thinks about it. ~But then I did see a side of him I don't think his friends have seen.~ She grabs some food from the kitchen
 
Gold walks back in Gold room and see a window opened. Gold figure Hiei left the house. Yusuke comes back in her room to check up on things. "So, how was your first day here?"
 
He finds Gold stuffing her face with the cookies she got from the kitchen. "iwak" He understands her mumble as 'It was Ok' then joins her. She swallows the last bit of the cookies, "Tell Koenma not to send Hiei here anymore."
 
He has a little grin on his face, "Ohhh, so you were doing something in your room." Gold hits him in the head. "Ow, what was that for?" Rubbing the spot where she hit him.
 
"There's nothing going. I just can't stand the midget." When he finishes he go in the loving room to watch some TV.
 
Then when she finishes, she turns on her stereo and hit play. It is the CD that Hiei was listening to. Gold is rocking out to Drowning Pool until she hears the song that Hiei was listening to when she came in. She slightly blush at the though of Hiei.
 
"Why the hell am I blushing. I hate him. He's so damn annoying with his big attitude and his nasty...Nasty...nasty." Gold just fades out. "He's just a big jerk." To get her mind off of him she checks up on Yusuke.
 
"Yo, whacha doing?" He is sitting on the couch watching TV.
 
"I just talked to Mom. She said she'd be back home in an hour. Um, she doesn't know about Spirit World, so don't talk about it. She also doesn't know that Hiei and Kurama are demons. Um, let's see. No, I think that's all."
 
Gold gives him a huge hug and start crying. "Thank you so much. I appreciate everything you've done for me. I know you went out of your way to be here. Thank you so much." He hugs her back and she holds it for a couple of minutes.
 
When she finish her hugging, Gold and Yusuke watch until their mom got home. "Yusuke, I'm home." She is tall and beautiful with long brown hair and she has a half-empty bottle of liquor in her hand. "Oh, I see you have a friend over. Hello I'm Atsuko." Gold have a look on her face like she's never been a woman before.
 
"Um, Hi-i I-I'm G-Gold." she are so nervous, she can't speak right. Thankfully Yusuke speaks for her.
 
“Um, Mother. There's something you need to know about.” Gold can feel herself getting numb all over as he continues, “Um, she's your” Gold cut him out before he can finish.
 
“I'm your daughter.” Gold look at her very nervously.
 
“What?” Atsuko looks so surprised and starts to cry. “Your, you're my daughter? But how can this be. She was taken away from me when she was a baby.”
 
“It's true Mom. That I was taken away, but I've come home. I've learned the truth, but I have one question. Why was I taken in the first place?”
 
She takes another sip, “I'll tell you, but you won't like it. It all started before you were born. Your father and me dated before it even started. But it started like this. I was at the bar and I got drunk, well very drunk. Your father told me to meet him in a room in the bar. I went and we had sex. Well a month after that night I found out I was pregnant with you two. We both swore to each other that we wouldn't drink. But I think that having twins overwhelmed him. Then when you were born, he started drinking again. He would get drunk the first couple of months and then he started to beat me. The last thing he did was take you and never return again.”
 
She can't go on, tears start trickling down her face. That makes Gold cry even more. She stop crying only for a minute when Yusuke said, “I'm sorry to leave you here, but I want you two to get to know each other better. I'll be back in a couple of hours. Bye.” Yusuke just gets his shoes and leaves. He isn't all for tears, but he can understand her feelings.
 
Atsuko gets up and wipes away her tears. “Yea, instead of wasting out life away, we should be getting to know each other.” Gold have no idea what is going on around her cause she can't stop crying. “Gold, we can't change the past but we could start over.”
 
Gold run into her arms, crying her heart out on her lap. “I always wished I had a mom. Now I do and I never want you to go away.” She holds her tightly, kissing her forehead.
 
“Are you better. We spent half the night crying. Yusuke might be back any minute.” Gold nod but doesn't let go of the hug. She just wants a few minutes more.
 
Yusuke doesn't come home so Gold and her mom talk for the rest of the time.
 
A couple hours later, the front door opens, “Mother, Gold, I'm home.” Yusuke walks in the door and sees them laughing together and pigging out on chips. “I see you two have been getting along very well.”
 
Gold doesn't pay any attention to Yusuke. “So your telling me that Yusuke had a crush on Kayko when he was younger. Ha ha ha.” They laugh and Yusuke gets an anime anger vain on his forehead.
 
“Yea, he was so adorable. He would always follow her around and would hold her hand.” Yusuke tries to shut her up, but fails.
 
“Did he ever kiss her?” Instead of trying to kill Gold for asking the question, his face turns bright red, “By his face I could tell he did kiss her.” She nudges him.
 
“Yea, I even got a picture of it. Let me get it.” He tries stopping her, but she get in the way of him. She goes through the photo albums and take out a picture. “Yea, this one is my favorite.”
 
“Aw, you're so adorable. You two make a great couple.” Gold pinches his cheek. “When's the wedding?”
 
“Shut up! We're not getting married!” His face turns a brighter red than before.
 
 
“Aw, you're blushing. So how many kids you guys gonna have, five ten?” Atsuko pats him on the back with her beer in the other hand.
 
“It's not like that.” Gold shove the picture in his face, then start singing a song Gold just made up, “Yusuke and kayko gonna get married, then they'll have sex and have lots of kids...” She kept repeating the song. Yusuke sees behind she, ten empty bottles of beer on the ground.
 
“That explains a lot. I guess like mother, like daughter.” He tries to pull the half full bottle out of her hand, “I think that's enough for you, let me have the beer.” Gold shoves him out of the way.
 
“No, my beer my baby.” Somehow while Gold is drunk, she remembers some lyrics to a song. So she start to sing, “I want my bourbon, I want my scotch, I want my beer, Dur ner ner ner ner ner ner ner wahhhhhhh!!” She jumps on the table with a remote as her microphone. “Dur ner ner ner ner ner ner wahhhhhh!!!”
 
Yusuke gets scared of her. “I think I'll go to bed now, I'm um. I think you could clean up, too.” He goes to bed and a couple of minutes later, Gold get a little light headed and next thing she know, she're past out on the table.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End Chapter