Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Angel of Darkness ❯ Chapter 3 - Shanna's Secret ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
Shanna's Secret
 
~Hiei's POV~
"Shanna!" Yusuke yelled jumping from pillar to pillar to her. Kurama, Kuwabara and I fallowed after him.
When we reached her she was still kneeling on the ground her staff had disappeared. She was breathing heavily.
"I'm ok. That attack just takes a lot of my energy." She explained trying to even out her breathing.
"Energy? Look at you. After that attack you have wounds all over you!" Yusuke said. Shanna looked at herself then at Yusuke.
"I never said that I had perfected the attack, now did I?" Shanna asked with a laugh.
"Can you get up?" Kurama asked.
"Ye-Yeah." She stuttered before trying to get up only to fall backwards. I easily caught her. She looked up at me shocked. Her eyes quickly grew wide and filled with fear. "Put me down." She said sternly. I did. She rubbed her arms then tried to get up again only to fall back down. I again caught her. "Put me down." She said again.
"No, you can't walk and we need to go." I said.
"Then go, just don't touch me." She said franticly pushing herself off of me and onto the floor.
"Hiei, wait here with her. We can't leave her in here alone. We'll go on ahead. Hurry and catch up though." Yusuke said. I nodded; then Kuwabara, Kurama, and Yusuke left. I knelt down and took a breath to relax myself. I couldn't yell or get frustrated at with her otherwise we'd never catch up with the others.
"Ok, tell me what's wrong." I said seriously.
"Nothing," Shanna said quickly.
"Stop lying, I can tell something is or you wouldn't be rubbing your arms and shaking like that." I said getting a little irritated.
"I told you, I'm fine; nothing wrong." She said again still shaking and rubbing her arms. I put a hand on her shoulder and she jerked herself away before quickly backing away. "Don't touch me!" she yelled.
"Why? I'm not going to hurt you." I said a little confused by her actions.
"Just don't touch me." She said again.
"Come on, we don't have time for this. You don't have enough energy to walk and we need to catch up to the detective!" I finally yelled standing up.
"Then catch up! I'll catch up when I can!" she yelled back still shaking and rubbing her arms.
"I can't and I won't just leave you here!" I yelled back.
"Yes you can!" She yelled back. Now this onna was pissing me off.
"Why are you acting like this?!" I yelled angrily.
"I was raped!" she yelled. The minute she finished her eyes went wide and she covered her mouth with her hands and looked down. I stood there shocked. I had never expected that. Though all the signs were there; the shaking because I touched her; her telling me not to touch her. It was all there, it was obvious; I just didn't see it. I should have just kept my mouth shut and waited until she was ok. I heard a sniffle and the scent of tears hit my nose. I knelt down in front of her. For once I actually felt bad.
"Look, I...I'm....I'm sorry." I finally got out. She looked up at me for a minute, her eyes filled with tears, sadness, and embarrassment, but there was still something else. She was ashamed. She had nothing to be ashamed of, it wasn't her fault. "Please stop crying. I won't tell anyone. Come on, you need to regain your energy so we can catch up with the detective since you won't let me carry you." I said feeling a bit bad for what I happened. Shanna looked up at me while whipping her tears away, she sniffled. After a few minutes she tried to stand up but fell backwards. Out of instinct I caught her instantly wishing I hadn't. She looked up at me. She didn't look afraid this time.
"Thanks." She said so softly it was almost unhearable. I looked down at her a little shocked. I had expected her to push me away and start shaking and rubbing her arms like last time. "I...I'm sorry too." She said. Now I was even more shocked and it showed. "You were just trying to help and I snapped at you." She said.
"Forget it." I put her down on the ground again.
"Hiei, we really need to catch up with everyone. I have a feeling that they're going to need our help."
"You can't walk, so we're going to have to wait."
"If you don't mind you can carry me." She said looking down her face turning a dark shade of red.
"You sure that you're ok with that?" I asked making sure before I did anything.
"Yeah." She said nodding.
"Ok..." I turned around and knelt down in front of her. "...Get on." I said and she did. I lightly grabbed her legs to keep her from falling before quickly running off after the detective and the others. Unknown to Shanna and I someone had heard the entire conversation.
After a few minutes of running at full speed we caught up to the detective.
"Hiei! Shanna!" Yusuke said turning around. "Hey, are you ok?" Yusuke asked Shanna. I turned my head so that I could see her out of the corner of my eye. She was smiling; a real smile unlike earlier.
"Yeah; a bit out of energy but yeah, I'm fine." She answered happily. "So, what's with the two double doors at the end of the hallway?" she asked curiously as we all walked up to look at them.
"Are we supposed to be scared?" I asked.
"Perhaps, that is the mark of the blue dragon, and judging from the odor I'd say the beasts is inside." Kurama answered.
"Yeah, and he doesn't feel very nice." Kuwabara added. Then there was a sound coming from inside the door. After a minute the doors opened by themselves a blue mist coming out as well. Yusuke put his hands in his pockets and walked in, the rest of us fallowing. After we entered the room the doors closed themselves again.
"This fogs alive." Kurama stated.
"Must be a form of spirit energy coming from our beast's body." I suggested.
"You have done very well to come this far. But I shall no longer allow you to decrease my master." A man's voice said.
"Where's that voice coming from?" Kuwabara asked stupidly.
"I don't know. Come out now, dragon. This whole hide and seek thing is getting pretty lame." Yusuke stated annoyed. After Yusuke said that lightning struck a particular part in the middle of the room and there was a bright blue light. Shanna ducked behind me as I held her. The mist cleared and there stood a 12 foot tall man wearing blue.
"As you request," The man said.
"A giant!" Kuwabara said shocked.
"You may call me Seiryu. I am here now to end your lives intruders." The man said laughing.
"Well, he's no dragon, but he is ugly." Yusuke said.
"It is now wise to say such things to your executioner." Seiryu said narrowing his eyes.
"This fight is mine." I stated and knelt down. Shanna got off my back and sat on the floor. I took off my cloak and gave it to her. She wrapped it around her arms obviously cold. She smiled at me before I turned around and walked over to Seiryu.
"Ah, shall you be first, Hiei?" Seiryu asked.
"Hiei seems to live by his own code with very complexes rules." Kurama stated out loud as Seiryu and I took a fighting stance. I put my hand on my sword while Seiryu pulled back his fist.
~Your POV~
"Yeah, I noticed." Shanna replied as both Seiryu and Hiei powered up.
"I have never seen Hiei begin a fight with such a large amount of his spirit energy." Kurama stated.
"Good, as long as he kicks some ass." Yusuke said.
"I assure you, Hiei. It is not too late to join our ranks." Seiryu said. "Bow down before my master and he shall give you power and fame beyond what you have ever tasted." He continued as he used his spirit energy to make the room below subzero temperatures.
"Is that all you have to say? There last words, you know." Hiei said with a smirk.
"Fine, so that is your choice! Then you shall meet your death with the other weaklings." Seiryu said attacking Hiei. "Ice dragon!" he called sending a punch towards Hiei but not to hit him. Ice came from Seiryu's fist and hit where Hiei once was. Turning the very ground into ice. Hiei was behind Seiryu, sword in hand. Seiryu laughed as he turned around to face Hiei.
"Oh, sorry, I had forgotten of your impressive speed. Now, let's try again!" Seiryu said attacking again. Hiei dodged again. Seiryu's attacks were made faster and Hiei continued to dodge.
You were watching Hiei quickly dodge all of Seiryu's attacks. Most of the room was covered in ice n by now.
"He's going to turn the whole room into a hockey rink." I joked.
"Not just the room." Kuwabara butted in. I glanced over at him. The front of his hair was covered in ice and he was shivering. "Man, I wish I had my jacket back." I giggled.
"Hiei!" Kurama said suddenly. I quickly looked back towards the fight. Hiei's left leg was covered in ice. He was able to safely land on the floor.
"Hey, he's ok." Yusuke said.
"Yeah, don't scare us like that." Kuwabara said.
"No, his leg, he won't be able to run away any more." Kurama said. Kuwabara and Yusuke looked at his leg.
"Hm, you see? No one ever escapes, only beg for mercy. With your leg frozen you can't possibly move. I suggest you start groveling." Seiryu said getting his final attack ready.
"What can he do?" Yusuke asked watching as Seiryu powered up.
“Hiei,” I whispered worriedly.
"Ice Dragon!" Seiryu called sending his ice at Hiei. Hiei used his sword as a crutch to launch himself forward. Hiei was able to move from the ice attack and at Seiryu. "Now you end!" Seiryu said getting ready to do his ice dragon attack one more time. This time Seiryu got not only Hiei's left arm but his right leg too. Hiei hit the ground and some of the ice on his legs broke off. Hiei was kneeling on the ground. Seiryu turned around.
"Hiei!" I yelled worried.
"Ha! You have escaped, but you are wounded." Seiryu said. Hiei chuckled at what Seiryu had said. "Why are you laughing?" he asked. Hiei stood up and turned around to face Seiryu.
"So what if your ice trick can kill your enemies." Hiei stated lifting his arm up. "It won't kill me." He finished moving his hand that had been covered in ice. The ice disappeared from not only his arm and hand but from his legs too.
"That's...Impossible. I shall give...One final blow." Seiryu stuttered as blood ran down his face.
"I don't think so." Hiei said seriously as Seiryu began to scream. Seiryu put his hands to his face screaming, and then Seiryu was gone. Hiei had killed him. Yusuke ran up to him.
"When did he attack?" Kuwabara asked. I smiled at Hiei.
"Don't feel bad Kuwabara. I couldn't see it either after the initial hit." Kurama said running up to Hiei also.
"Shorty's a lot cooler then I thought." Kuwabara said running up to Hiei as well. The ice that covered the room began to disappear and Hiei put his sword away.
"You made French fries out of that guy." Yusuke said to Hiei.
"Hiei, how many times did you cut him?" Kurama asked with a smile.
"Only 16," Hiei answered simply.
"16? Damn it, and here I could only keep track of 7 or 8." Yusuke complained.
"That's nothing meager. After the first hit I only saw flashes of light." Kurama stated.
"I couldn't even see the flashes." Kuwabara said kinda down about it.
"Man this isn't good, if you use those moves the next time we fight I'm gonna be screwed." Yusuke said putting a hand behind his head.
"Maybe," Hiei said walking over to me. I handed him his cloak and he put it on. He knelt down and waited for me to get on his back again, I hesitated but did.