Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Magic ❯ The Spirit Detective Blues ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, yes…I know everyone has heard of the deletion of all the "interactive stories" on Mediaminer.org. Needless to say, I'm actually very…slightly…a little bit…glad to have them deleted. OKAY BEFORE YOU HURT ME, HEAR ME OUT!!! If anyone hasn't noticed, everything has been…errr…crowded lately…with all of those CYOA fanfics (of which, most are "insert you" like my story, "My Dreamer…My Koishii"). But that is pretty much the only reason why I am glad they're getting removed. Authors and authoresses alike worked themselves off to write those stories! And I am sure that everyone says the same. Most people are moving, but I, myself, aren't too sure I should move as well. I am more than positive that one unfortunate day, soupfiction will ALSO start deleting them as well. Until I find a site where we can put up Interactive stories, my soon-to-be deleted interactive story is going bye bye once Mediaminer deletes it. Also, most of the insertion stories are very well done! I hope dearly that Mediaminer will read some of the stories, just enough to get a concept of how well done the story is, before deleting it and sending it to the swirling vorpal of terror which is the recycle bin on the computer. Alright, enough ranting about it. What done is done, and I can't stop it. It is their site and if deletion is what is fated for the Insertions, then so be it. They found it in their hearts to actually MAKE a fanfiction archive, so I won't complain anymore. Ok…and now, with the chance that I'll get an angry e-mail (or get banned…*gulps*) from anyone from Mediaminer, I'll shut up…

AnimeAngel007: …Wow…I've NEVER ranted that long before…

Yusuke: …That's hard to believe…

Ryuken: Considering the fact that your mouth never keeps closed for more than 5 seconds…

Kuwabara: ……Err Urameshi…what the heck was she talkin' about?

Yusuke: -_-;;

Kurama: I am relieved that they are going to clean Mediaminer out a bit…

AnimeAngel007: THAT'S because you didn't want to be paired up with the reader…

Kurama: …I suppose you've caught me with my hands red…^^;;

Hiei: …Hn…

AnimeAngel007: Oh…is Anime Magic gonna get deleted too? Aww…Fifty pages of hard work down the drain I guess…

Yusuke: I HOPE!!!

AnimeAngel007: ……OKAY THAT WAS JUST MEAN!!! YOU CAN BARELY EVEN SPELL, YOU BAKA!!!

Yusuke: Just shut up and hurry up with the fic already…

AnimeAngel007: *fume* Well, I'll update it anyway…since I have like…nine chapters written for Anime Magic already…>.<;;

Ryuken: Whoo…I get to do the disclaimer…Whoopee. *clears her throat* Yo, she doesn't own squat…so SHOO LAWYERS!!!

The Spirit Detective Blues: Chapter 7 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danika's POV

What…the… I felt beads of sweat trickle down my cheek and onto the floor. It seemed that time had stopped, a disturbing silence sweeping the room. Until…

"WHAT?!?!?!?" Yusuke screamed and ran up to Koenma's desk, triggering a stack of papers to fly all over the place. Botan cried out, hurrying to catch all of them. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING KOENMA?!?" Yusuke was clutching the end of the desk and now was pointing directly at me. "THAT BIMBO?!? A SPIRIT DETECTIVE?!?"

I felt myself stressmark… Who was he calling bimbo? The bimbo…

"W-Well yes, Koenma sir. Yusuke has a good point," Botan began. Great. Everyone was against me. "We barely know a thing about her and she might be…" she lowered her voice down, but not as much so I couldn't hear, "…an enemy."

I felt myself sweatdrop. If someone as clumsy as me were to be an enemy, then it's no wonder Yusuke and the others kick the butt off all the bad guys all the time.

"No, she isn't an enemy," Koenma said. "Well at least I'm pretty sure," he continued while looking in my direction. This made everyone else stare at me too. I stood there awkwardly shifting foot to foot, until I decided to speak up after the unpleasant silence.

"Um…when did I…" I stuttered, wondering how to approach the issue, "agree to doing this?"

"About now…" Koenma said, "Of course this is mandatory like I said with Yusuke about 3 years ago…" Yusuke just stood there and sweatdropped. Giving up, he grumbled to himself something that sounded like the words `atom bomb' and `Spirit World'.

"Hn…are you sure of this?" Hiei spoke up after what seemed like days. "Like you said, you have no information on her. How do you know she can be trusted?"

"Absolutely sure." Koenma clarified, "you have a Jagan, Hiei. I'm sure to say that even you can't sense even the slightest bit of evil aura."

"Hn…" was all Hiei could say. He crossed his arms, watching the ogres that scattered about.

"Her soul is made of absolute innocence and purity," Koenma lectured while I sweatdropped, "Danika is nowhere near evil, at least that's how it seems to be."

I felt my eye twitch. I hated lectures just as much as the next girl and this one wasn't any different. I was pretty much boiling mad for some strange reason. My hand seemed to pull up my sleeves on their own. They didn't know anything about me! I'll show him a pure soul…

"So in other words someone with her type of kindness would never have any sort of evil around her," Koenma finished with a stupid grin plastered on his face. Someone better hold me back or we'll see what happens if the `ruler of Spirit World' has to GO to Spirit World.

"GRR!!! KOENMA THIS WON'T WORK!!!" Yusuke shouted again probably louder than ever since Botan accidentally slipped and dropped the stack of papers again. She sighed and bent down to pick them up again. "THAT GIRL CAN'T EVEN FIGHT!!! SHE WAS ALMOST KILLED BY A DEMON THAT TOOK IF I MAY POINT OUT, ONLY ONE, COUNT'EM, ONE BULLET FROM MY SPIRIT GUN TO KILL!!!"

Ok that does it! "YUSUKE!!! EXCUSE ME BUT I AM KINDA NEW HERE!!! THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO BE A SPIRIT DETECTIVE, THEN THAT'S JUST FINE WITH ME!!!" I shouted at his face. "BUT YOU HAVE TO ASSURE THE DOUGH BOY WITH THE PACIFIER OVER HERE THAT I CAN'T BECOME A STUPID SPIRIT DETECTIVE!!!" pant…pant…pant…

Botan's POV

-_-;; So many files…

I was getting tired from picking up the papers over and over. Well if Danika did become spirit detective, we can be sure she'd win by screaming them all away…

Yusuke seemed pretty stressed from this. Even though I can't really tell from their expressions, I'm sure the others are too. Koenma must have something in mind to have Danika be a spirit detective. I'm just not too sure if she'd catch up with Yusuke, Kurama, Hiei, and even Kuwabara in terms of spirit energy. I could barely sense anything coming from her.

"Well," Koenma boldly interrupted, "I said it was mandatory. I see great power in you, Danika, and you all know that I do not make blunt choices in serious cases." I turned to see Danika again. She muttered something under her breath that sounded like, `Sure ya don't…'

"But Urameshi's got a point. She doesn't even have any spirit energy, at least none that I can sense anyway …" Kuwabara stood there with a stupid look on his face.

"Yes…Kuwabara's right. She has no spirit energy of which I am aware of," Kurama interrupted suddenly.

"Hn…So the buffoon was actually correct…" Hiei smirked, once again insulting Kuwabara.

"WATCH IT SHORTY!!!" Kuwabara hollered.

Danika looked rather upset. A second ago she didn't want to be a detective. Now she was staring at the ground, looking rather hurt.

Danika's POV

I don't have spirit energy... How can I become a spirit detective? I still have no idea how to get back home and I probably have to start my life over from the beginning. Err…well I am seventeen… Do I have a car? Man, I hope it's a convertible… Darn it! Focus Danika! I probably won't make the cut into getting into the Reiki Tantei. So what's the use?

"Oh no she definitely has spirit energy…" Koenma intruded, looking over to Kurama. "All of you probably just can't sense her wavelink." He crossed his arms, his face deep in thought.

"Um…can you say that in a language that I can understand?" Yusuke asked. Koenma just sighed, disappointed that he had to explain things once again.

"It's like this," Koenma began, trying to find the simplest way to explain, "Danika's spirit energy pattern is rather different I suppose. In other words, you may not be able to sense the energy she has." Koenma sounded as if he was making this up. Oh what's the use? Just say that I'm not fit to be a spirit detective…

"So are you saying that Danika may have a predominance that none of us can sense?" Kurama intellectually added.

"Yeah…I guess you could put it that way," Koenma blinked confusedly at Kurama's high vocabulary, "We just need to have her train to boost her spirit energy. That way she can fight." I just looked at him. Uh oh…

"I have to train? That is what you're saying right?" I asked tiredly.

"Yes," was Koenma's short, sweet answer. I sighed one of those mushroom-shaped sighs shown on those anime shows. I don't wanna train…

"Hn…don't tell me. We're the ones that are responsible for that job…?" Hiei included with a frown on his face. I HOPE they're not the ones to train me.

"Nope," Koenma answered, thank goodness, "I'm going to ask Genkai if she could help us…"

"WHAT?!?" Yusuke bellowed once more, "BUT…SHE'S…GENKAI…HER…THIS…" Yusuke apparently had trouble finding the correct words to say. I was still too preoccupied with why I, of all people, had to become a spirit detective.

"What Yusuke is trying to say," Kurama finally helped, "is that Genkai might not have the capabilities to do this at her…state…" I sweatdropped. Oh just get on with it and say she's too old to train anything…

"Yes…I know," Koenma nodded his head agreeing, "She does need her rest, but she is the only one that I know who will actually SENSE Danika's energy and be able to increase it…" I'm getting a headache… "Once she gets that far, we'll have her train with all of you. Besides as Danika demostrated, she has potential." I blinked. What potential?!

"GAH!!!" I accidentally screamed, triggering everyone's attention towards me, "WHAT?!? ME? TRAIN? WITH THEM?!?" I said loudly, pointing to everyone.

"Yes, you train…" Koenma said sweatdropping along with everyone else, "..with them…"

"B-BUT!!! I CAN'T BE A SPIRIT DETECTIVE!!! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I CAN FIGHT?!? OR EVEN TRAIN TO FIGHT?!?" I shouted, arguing with him again.

"CAUSE YOU HAVE POTENTIAL UNLIKE THE OTHER 1,480,345 IDIOTS THAT ACTUALLY TRIED OUT!!! LIVE WITH IT!!!" Koenma shouted, again spilling a considerable amount of files onto the ground. Botan just shrugged and left them on the ground, too exhausted to pick them up.

Everyone in the room gave up. I was going to be the new spirit detective. That is, if I actually live through the training to become a spirit detective…

Makai…

Shadow's POV

How humiliating for the Reiki Tantei to come and defeat me like that. With only one shot…feh… The portal between the Makai and the Ningenkai has gotten considerably larger over the years. Unfortunately, those two reiki brats Kurama, the traitor to demons, and Kuwabara, the stupid log-headed buffoon, kept every one of the demons out including me…

I slowly slid across the ground in the shadows that held me hidden. I finally made it to Makai…soon Master Tokoshi will rule the whole world here including Ningenkai.

Author's POV

Unbeknownst, to everyone, the `shadow' Yusuke defeated earlier was still alive. It had made it through the portal between Ningenkai and Makai (Human and Demon worlds) and was now heading to another portal to a small place, not in any of the three worlds, but in a world of it's own. A rift in a dimension as you would probably call it…

The small shadow stopped in front of a large stone pillar in the middle of some grassy fields. The crimson sky was hovering above it and the wind was picking up.

Slowly the shadow started to form together in an upward position. It held the figure of a person and suddenly the dark, shadow exterior of the figure fell down like water. The shadows revealed a young man with the looks of about 20 or 21 with short, rather spiked black hair. His eyes were a cold, deep black and his skin was rather pale and he was wearing a pair of earrings that held two small, dark, purple crystals. His long, black sleeved shirt was covered by a vest and his robes almost reached the floor. Not half bad looking if I might add…

He slowly lifted his hand. Out from it came a ray of a dark purple that shot against the stone pillar and slowly revealed ancient Kanji: shadow spells.

"Open the gate of shadows…Beneath Reiki, Ningenkai, and Makai…Arise!" (ROTFLOL!!! THAT SOUNDS SO STUPID!!! …wait…I wrote it…) the figure chanted, and suddenly a huge portal appeared where the pillar once was. Smirking, the person stepped into the portal, which took him to what was called Yamino Sekkai, the Shadow World.

The figure's name was Kitaku. He was the master of shadows and he was a henchman of someone named Tokoshi. He was the ruler of the small world outside of any of the three known worlds. It was a small place and it was normally dark.

This world was dimly lit by candlelight, the flames small. There were two shadow-covered figures. They were both on what looked like a rug, one of them eating, the other one was leaning against the other just hanging around.

The one eating was Kitaku's master, Tokoshi. Tokoshi's appearance would snatch the eye of a girl before they knew. Though hidden by shadows, he had long, wavy, blonde hair that reached to an inch below his shoulders. His eyes were a cold, menacing, dark blue, shining menacingly in the dim light. These eyes were not always so bland. If someone ticked him off, the last thing they would see was not a blue but a red. A bright, fiery red. His appearance could always be changed to his liking. His hair would change color or even his eyes. Tokoshi could disguise himself easily but the one thing that remained constant was the fiery crimson his eyes turned to when he was angry. No matter what color it was disguised as.

The figure that was leaning against Tokoshi was Sakura. Her rather pinkish hair was wavy so that it stuck out from her head slightly at the sides. Rather strange, since she was one of the strongest demons at Tokoshi's disposal. Her eyes were a menacing red that could be seen glowing from the dark. She was holding a smirk now that Kitaku was here, late.

Tokoshi's POV

"You're late…" I said as Kitaku stepped out from the portal. Sakura was leaning forward against my back while I was sitting down eating.

Kitaku bowed down as he normally did and said, "I am sorry master…I was…preoccupied."

"With the Reiki Tantei, I know…" I said as I bit the rice off of my chopsticks.

"Hm…excuses, excuses!" Sakura said rather teasingly as usual. If it weren't for her powers or her looks, I would've killed her ages ago.

"Yes, I'm sorry," Kitaku said in a shaking voice. I sat there smirking and I slammed the bowl I had down onto the ground as it shattered into many porcelain pieces. I absolutely loved it when my disciples were scared. Sakura slowly moved away as I walked over to Kitaku. I lifted his face by his chin so we made eye contact. I could see the very fear in his eyes.

"You were out, just for a quick snack on some pathetic humans, and you were defeated by a single shot from Yusuke Urameshi."

Sakura's POV

Tokoshi was absolutely marvelous. I loved it when he was about to scold someone. It was absolutely spine-tingling and he looked absolutely beautiful. Of course, he always was so darn good looking!

"I-I'm sorry please…forgive me…" Kitaku said in a quavering voice, "I was about to snack on a little girl, but…"

"Hm…it's always but's with you isn't it?" Tokoshi's hand that was beneath Kitaku's chin glowed a deep red and suddenly Kitaku was blasted to the other side of the room in a blink of an eye.

"Oh!" I clapped in enjoyment. Tokoshi's punishments were always brutal and I loved every one of them…as long as they weren't aimed at lil' old me.

Kitaku's body was rather limped and bruised already and he had fainted from contact against the wall. I licked my lips; that was such a gruesome attack.

"Heh…I wasn't even trying, next time Kitaku…" Tokoshi said in his deep, appealing voice, "it will be much worse…"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

AnimeAngel007: Well…so long "My Dreamer…My Koishii…"…*puts a R.I.P. stone over that and her other gonna-be-deleted fanfics*

Yusuke: *makes a face* GET OVER IT!!!

Ryuken: …It's like someone sucked the preppy happiness out of her…

Kuwabara: …Uhh…right…

Ryuken: *grimaces lightly* And I thought she couldn't get any scarier…

Kurama: …*sighs exasperately* Come on…It isn't the worse thing that can happen…

AnimeAngel007: …

Kurama: …Alright…so maybe to you it is…but…

Hiei: …Hn…Baka…

Ryuken: See?! You can throw a dictionary at Hiei like you used to!!!

Hiei: *glares*

Ryuken: …OR NOT!!!

Hiei: …Hn…