Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anya of the Flower Rose ❯ Kyoko's Involved ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anya of the Flower Rose
Chapter 3: Kyoko's Involved
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, the rights belong to the creator: Yoshihiro Togashi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“Run that by me again.” I said.

“You heard me, some guy draped in black just came and randomly bit my neck like a vampire.” Kyoko said.

“Tell me everything, exactly what happened, no matter how minor the detail. First, did the guy kinda short, pointy black hair, wearing all black except for a thing on his forehead and a scarf, ruby red eyes and a sword at his waist?”

“Um, all that I could see was just black, red eyes and the end of a sword.”

“Ok, well tell me exactly what happened.”

“Um, ok.” Kyoko took a deep breath then started explaining. “I was coming back from my karate class along with some groceries for my mother. I was about a block away from my house, you know where that really high brick wall with the trees?” I nodded. “Well, I heard some rustling in the tree just above me but there was no wind so I looked up. I caught a quick glimpse of black before it moved down to my level. It hit my forehead with the handle of its sword and I collapsed to the ground. I was really starting to freak out. For karate, I always pull my hair into two buns, which, I guess, totally exposes the back of my neck. While I was crouched over holding my head, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck and it hurt like hell. I started crying, that's how much it hurt. It grabbed the front of my shirt, pulled me closer to it's face and then told me `You tell that fox to keep his mouth shout or I'll do things much worse.' I wasn't really sure that there was much worse things than causing the severe pain to me. I don't even know what fox he's talking about, or how a fox could talk. My white karate uniform how has a line of blood down the back of it. When he spoke to me, he had blood dripping off his teeth, so I put two and two together and assumed the bit me. He added `stop crying baka onna, I could have done much worse things to you.' and then he disappeared. I managed to make it back to my house but I didn't get any sleep. The bleeding stopped. Next thing I know, it's time for school. I forgot about my hair and being neat with my uniform. I grabbed a banana, my bag, threw on shoes, and left for school.”

Kyoko heaved a big sigh and her head in my lap, as I was still sitting on her desk. I stroked her hair the way her mother would. Poor Kyoko. I looked over at Kurama, he was sitting there looking slightly stunned at Kyoko's words. “Did you know about this?” I asked him.

“Yes, and no.” Kurama answered.

“What's that supposed to mean? `Yes and no.' What kind of answer is that?”

“Hiei told me to make sure that you don't somehow figure out and tell Yukina, or he'll find a way to torture you. That's why I asked you to join me last evening, to tell you not to pursue he quest too far, but you had already figured out the whole mess. I didn't know that he'd go so far as to mark your best friend. Hiei's even more twisted than I thought.”

I looked up at the clock. “Kyoko, you need to wake up, class is about to start.” I shook her shoulder.

“Uuunh.” Kyoko mumbled picking her head up.

“Kyoko, I think I know exactly what's going on with that guy biting you and all.”

“You do?”

“Yeah, I'll talk to you about it at lunch.”

“But you've been eating lunch with Shuichi lately.”

“Well, Shuichi's kinda involved in this big `ol mess. Besides, he knows more on the subject than I do.”

“Ok.”

Kyoko didn't focus much in class. When Sensei called on her, she didn't know the answer and wasn't even remotely close with her answer, and she fell asleep multiple times. Since it's lunch, I hope she regains her energy. I kinda miss her going ko ko for Co Co Puffs (don't own, I'm not even allowed to eat them. sniff) about me and Kurama.

“Ok Anya, tell me all you know about that guy cuz you said you know. And I want to know what Shuichi knows as well.” Kyoko said. Then she took a bite of one of my onigiri. She forgot her lunch and I had too much again.

“Well, first, I think I should tell you something.” I said. I really didn't want to break it to her that Hiei had marked her as his mate. “Um, when that guy bit you, um, he, um.”

“He what?”

“He kinda, um.”

“He marked you. Which means that you're now bound to him forever and that you can't date anyone unless it's him. Biting a girl on the back of her neck is a demon's way of marking his mate.” Kurama said quite blank. I guess he saw that I was having trouble telling Kyoko.

“Um, yeah, what he said.” I said.

“Wait, you mean to tell me that this guy just made me his for all eternity, without my permission?!” Kyoko fumed. “He shows up, doesn't even know me and bites me. Don't tell me, let me guess, the bite mark will be there forever?” I nodded. “Well this is just great. First my best friend is abducted by some guy in our class, then I ge-”

Kyoko stopped suddenly. She reached behind my neck and observed Kurama's mark. Then she jumped on Kurama, peeled his mouth open and looked at his teeth. She looked at me then back at Kurama. Then she slapped Kurama across his face. I'm guessing that she put two and two together and figured out that the bite on my neck was not from a dog, but from Kurama.

“Anya,” she said turning to me. “did Shuichi have your permission? And is he a demon?”

“Um.” I said. “He kinda had my permission, and yes, he is a demon. Yoko Kurama, or just Kurama. He's a type of fox demon. The guy who bit you, all that I know is that his name is Hiei and his sword emits a demonic aura. Maybe I should mention that I'm also a demon.”

“Hang on, you're a demon?”

“Yes, Anya of the Flower Rose.”

“Now tell me how Shuichi `kind of' had your permission.”

“Well, this is kinda a long story. I'll start further back when he was just Yoko. He was a master thief and could bread any code. I didn't let that bother me and I still gave him food, water, a place to hide and love. At one point, he accidentally bit my hand which is why I wear this glove.” I held up my gloved hand. “Yoko would tell me his plans. My father wanted to put an end to Yoko's thievery, so he hired some mind reader to enter my thoughts while I slept and found out about Yoko's plan to steal, um, well I can't remember. He sent his best huntsmen and Yoko was killed. Yoko promised me in his spirit form that he would return in a human form. When you told me the rumor about the dark tournament, I wanted find out if it was true. When I asked him about it, he said it was true and that his demon form, he was known a Yoko Kurama. I was overjoyed and gave him a very warm hug. We kissed then he bit me. A big reason was because he didn't want Hiei to take me from him.”

“Wow. I thought we didn't keep any secrets from each other. But I can't blame you for not telling me. So, where can I find this Hiei so I can give him a piece of my mind for biting me?”

“Sorry to break it to you Kyoko.” Kurama said. “But Hiei's the type that if he doesn't want to be found, you can't find him.”

“Yes, well, you may not know this, but I'm able to find anyone if I wish it. A gift passed down my family line on my mother's side. But I'm not a demon, it's like being a psychic thing.”

“Kyoko, relax, I know you're not a demon, I can sense demon power or spirit power even if the person is concealing it. You've just got the ability to find people and sense the supernatural.” I said.

“Oh gee, thanks I feel real special now.” Kyoko closed her eyes and went into deep thought.

“By the way Kyoko, Hiei doesn't vanish, he just moves at a very high speed.” I took a bit of my tuna sandwich.

“He's near.” Kyoko said vaguely. “He's at Sarayashiki Jr. high and traveling this way at an amazing speed.”

“Is she all right?” Kurama asked.

“Sure she is,” I assured him. “Kyoko's just located Hiei, that's all. I used to think that something possessed her when she did this, but I've gotten used to it.”

“So you managed to find me.” I heard Hiei's voice say above us. “I felt someone was watching me, so I decided to trace it back to the source. Who would've imagined that it would be this worthless ningen onna.” Hiei jumped down out of the tree and landed a safe distance from me.

Almost insanely, Kyoko broke out of her trance and jumped at Hiei. “Where do you get off biting me and making it so I could never be with a normal person!?” she shouted. Hiei fell back from surprise. “I mean, just because you don't like what Anya did doesn't give you permission to go and make me bleed! You wanna know something! That spot still stings! Don't you dare tell me that it's because I'm a weak ningen, because I'm not weak!”

“Hn.”

“Don't `hn' me! I want an answer that a complete and full answer! You know, with a subject, verb predicate, or whatever it's supposed to me! Do you understand me Hiei!?”

“Whatever.”

“That's not an answer either! I want a real answer!”

I leaned over to Kurama and asked. “Hey Kurama, how is Hiei still just standing there?”

“I'm not sure, but he's getting agitated, you might want to stop her before he chops her in two.”

“Good idea.” I stood up, walked over to Kyoko and grabbed her shoulders. “Kyoko, maybe you should stop. Hiei's not the type to show any mercy, even to those he's claimed. Although, if it were me yelling, he'd have slit my throat by now.”

“So you do use that brain of your onna.” Hiei sneered. “Here I thought you were just a mindless drone that Kurama picked up.”

“Hey! Anya's got a br-” Kyoko stared.

I cut her short of her works by touching the place where Hiei bit her. I can paralyze someone's vocal chords by sending a jolt of youki into the weakest part of the neck. Kyoko kept mouthing the words trying to continue to speak. I decided that Kyoko needed to calm down. I hissed very quietly into her ear. She stopped flailing around and fell to the ground. She sat there calmly and peacefully looking at Hiei.

“Well, that's not exactly how I would've silenced her, but I guess that's the boring way to do it.” Hiei said.

“Yes, well, I didn't want to have to resort to using my youki” I said looking at Kyoko. “Since she's just ningen, it'll last longer then if she was a demon. It would normally last only about an hour, so I'm guessing that it would be until about nine for a ningen.”

“How long will her mouth stay shut?”

“About seven more minuets. I did that to keep her from agitating you any further.”

“Hn.”

“Gee Hiei, d'you think you could talk a little less? Could you tell me why you marked Kyoko?”

“Well, wouldn't you like to know.” Hiei disappeared.

“Yaaarrg! Hiei get back here you, you, you, BAKA!!!!”

I felt someone grab my shoulders then Kurama said. “Anya, relax, people are starting to stare.”

“Ugh, you're right.” I turned around. “But if they want to stare, let's give them something to stare at.”

“What?”

I put my arms around Kurama's neck and kissed him. Then I felt his arms move around my waist to my back. Maybe it was a good thing that I had to calm Kyoko because I wouldn't be able to do this if she was her normal crazy self. The bell rang, time to get back to class. Kyoko stood up and walked back to the building.

“You sure she'll be all right?” Kurama asked as we started back to the building.

“She'll be fine.” I said. “Kyoko's voice will return to her and she'll make it through the day. Kyoko always lands on her feet. I'm going to walk her home to make sure she makes it there without another Hiei attack. Could you run by the Café Yum and tell my boss that I'll be running a tad late, my friend doesn't feel well, and might just walk into the middle of a busy street without even realizing it? They should understand.”

“Sure.”

“You know something Kurama, I feel more like my old self since I found out you're Yoko.”

“Is that good or bad?”

“Yes.”

~~~

“Anya,& #8221; Kyoko said, her voice a calm monotone from the calming earlier, “I can make it to my home perfectly fine on my own.”

“Kyoko, listen to me.” I said. “We don't know if Hiei is planning to do anything to you and while you're calmed like this, you're totally vulnerable.”

“That is your fault Anya.”

“I had to calm you down or Hiei would've sliced you in two. As I said before, Hiei shows no mercy.”

“I understand that. I will try to control my temper around him. Just please don't do this to me again. I don't like that you're using your demon abilities on me. Did you know that it was demons that killed my father and my grandparents?”

“No, but I'll try to cut down on the demon power on you.”

“Why did you have to do this to me?”

“Well, I basically kept you from being killed by a demon like you other family members.”

“I know, I just don't like the idea that my best friend is a demon. I will try to get used to the fact that both you and Shuichi are demons. I do not think that I can get used to the fact that I'm bound to a demon.”

I laughed, I couldn't help it. I knew Kyoko was glaring at me. “I'm sorry Kyoko, I can't help myself sometimes. I know that if I hadn't calmed you, I'd be standing here with a lump on my head.”

“Well hey there my little angel.” said something above me. “It's been too long, how come you never called me?”

I looked up and there was Tran. Tran was the type of person who you couldn't tell if they were a boy or a girl. Tran had long green hair pulled back in a low pony tail, black eyes and wore clothes that would fit on either gender.

“How did you know where to find me?” I asked.

“Simple, you're wanted by the forest lord, and when he wants you in his presence, you'll be easily located. Now not to be rude, but,” Tran snapped. Vines wrapped around me and pulled me up. The vines started to constrict and squeeze me. “Master wishes for your life to placed in his hands and I'm the one who was sent to do that. So,” the vines squeezed harder. “I have to kill you and bring your life to him.”


*****************

Read and review please
 
Thank you Princess Kandra and Sonya-White-Angel for your reviews.