Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anya of the Flower Rose ❯ At long last I've Found You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anya of the Flower Rose
Chapter 1: At Long Last, I've Found You
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, the rights belong to the creator: Yoshihiro Togashi
 
I apologize for my recent string of disappearances. I didn't mean to neglect my fics for so long. I'm going through and editing them as I can, and updates will come after.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“That hurt you stupid fox!” I screamed at Yoko as I kicked the kitsune across the floor. He hit the wall and hissed at me with my blood dripping off his sharp fangs. “Don't you dare hiss at me! You're just lucky that the food I gave you isn't poisoned! Don't you know not to bite the hand that feeds you?”
 
My hand stung severely, I hadn't meant to hurt him, it was my brilliant idea to try to feed him straight from my hand. I walked over to Yoko, kneeled over, and picked him up. “I'm sorry Yoko, I hadn't meant to kick you, you just gave me a little shock.”
 
I felt something strange on my hand. I looked down and saw that he was licking the wound that he had just created clean. I hugged him tight and whispered “I promise that I will try as hard as I can to keep my father's harm away from you, Yoko.”
 
That was a long time ago. Yoko cracked his final code and was killed by my father. He promised to return to me. I haven't found him yet, but I'm still searching.
 
“Yo Anya, are you in there.” My friend Kyoko asked. Her long brown hair fell from her high ponytail and her hand waved in my face, her blue eyes filled with a bit of worry. “Earth to Anya, Hellllooooo.”
 
“I'm here, don't worry.” I assured her. I've never told her, or anyone, that I'm actually a demon. I'm truly Anya of the Flower Rose, not just Anya Rose. I don't have a real family because I was born directly from a large breed of thornless flower roses. Not sure how, I just am. “Just day-dreaming.”
 
“About Minamino-san?”
 
She poked my side just as Minamino-san entered the room and took his seat on my other side. He gave me a quick one of his super sweet-smiles and his normal polite `good morning Rose-chan.' I give a quick `hello' and turn back to Kyoko.
 
The bell rang and the teacher shushed us. I look down to check out my desk and find a note from Kyoko on my desk. `Hey, did you hear the newest rumor going around about Meenameeno?' she never could spell his name right. `Well, if you didn't, he was in some sort of demon tournament with some guys named Usekay, Heay, and Kurabara. They won too.'
 
I hadn't heard it, I glanced at Minamino, he was just taking his normal notes. Did he have reiki, or even youki? Is that what got to me about them. `No, well, now I do, and you couldn't spell to save your life.' I wrote back. I tossed the paper back.
 
Quickly she wrote back. `You know my spelling sux.'
 
It was at lunch the two days later that I decided to see Minamino about the rumor. I found him in his normal place below a tree.
 
“Minamino-san,” I said. “do you mind if I sit with you, I'm asking as a person who just wants to enjoy a lunch, not one of the large fan club you have.”
 
“Not at all Rose-chan.” He gave me his nice smile.
 
I sat down. Now to word this just right. “You know, Minamino-san, there's a rumor going around that you played a part in the dark tournament. I know exactly what it is, now tell me why you were there? Do you have reiki or youki?”
 
Minamino looked at me like I grew a second head. “Rose-chan, how do you know what all this is?”
 
“Answer my questions and I'll consider yours.”
 
He heaved a sigh. “I have youki, I am a youkai. I am known as Yoko Kurama.”
 
My eyes widened as I stared at him. “Y-Y-Yoko?” I pulled off the glove on my right hand that covered the scar from when he bit me. “I'm the same Anya, Anya of the Flower Rose. What took you so long, I've been searching since you died.”
 
“Anya…”
 
Without thinking, I threw my arms around his neck and embraced him. I felt his surprise but didn't care and felt better when I felt his arms wrap around my waist filling me with his warmth. This is the closest I've ever been to Minamin-Kurama.
 
I guess he's been suppressing his youki, I cold feel it. I can feel youki through close contact.
 
We pulled apart, Kurama grabbed my right hand and touched the spot that he had bitten. “I am still sorry about this. I didn't recognize you, that's why I didn't say anything before.” He looked into my eyes. “But your eyes should have given you away. One green, one red.” He tapped gently under each eye.
 
“Kurama, I'm also not in my full demon form. My tattoos are hidden with that, as well as the point to my ears, and my claws and fangs.” I lifted my hand. “I've already forgiven you for this.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Kurama, please stop putting up this façade, I know this is mostly just an act.”
 
He smiled. “Understood.” He gently grabbed my chin and put his lips against mine. I moaned and put my arms around his neck and his hands found themselves at my waist. Our lips released slowly. Before I could open my eyes, I felt his mouth moving down my throat, to the crook of my neck.
 
I felt a sharp pain where his lips had been moments before. He bit me! Again! After he had said how much he regretted it! Kurama licked the wound once and stood up. He whipped my blood from his lips and smiled. “Now you're mine.” He said.
 
I was furious, not only did he bite me, but he was being all casual about it! I stood up. “That hurt you stupid fox!” I screamed and kicked him in the shin. I stormed off. I was pissed. I stopped at the drinking fountain to dabble the wound, and stopped. He had just claimed me as his mate.
 
I looked down the hall and pulled out the band that held my hair in a bun and let my golden brown locks fall down off my shoulders, down my back, over my front and stopping at my waist. It felt so good to finally have my hair down.
 
I walked back to my class and sat in my normal seat, not looking at Kurama.
 
“I apologize for biting you, again, but I don't want Hiei using you against me.” He said. Not very comforting.
 
“I can take care of myself. Who's Hiei?” I asked. If this Hiei was the only reason he marked me, I'm pissed.
 
“Later.”
 
I had trouble focusing on the work in class for the rest of the day. I had to know who this Hiei was. I think that Kyoko mentioned a Hiei, he's on the same team, now I'm really confused.
 
I hunted him down and demanded to know who Hiei was. Kurama chuckled at me. “He is one of my friends, but he has brutal ways to get what he wants. He threatened my mother once before, but not much longer.”
 
“Oh.”
 
He decided to change the subject. Running a hand through my hair he said, “It's hard to believe you have this much hair, it's always in that bun.”
 
“I would only release it for you. I can't love my father enough to allow him to see my full beauty.”
 
“What could your father have done?”
 
I felt a small pang. I started to remember my mother, the moment she brought me home, to the moment 50 years ago when he ordered her killed. I started to see red. I was crying. I never cry normally, I cry blood.
 
I couldn't see much, but I felt Kurama's hands grab my shoulders. “Anya, are you ok?”
 
“I-I cry blood.”
 
“Why are you crying.”
 
“I don't know.” I lied.
 
“You don't need anymore blood loss.”
 
“Lay off, I cried plenty more when you were killed and when my mother died. Of course I was pale as a ghost for a while after, but that doesn't matter.”
 
Kurama pulled me closer to him. “Anya, don't cry over me ever again, that's an order. If you were to die over me, I could never forgive myself.”
 
We stopped at my house, the tears stopped. I gave him a quick kiss and left inside.
 
“Father, I'm leaving.” I said to my dad. I went up to my room quickly before he had a chance to protest. This was one time I was glad my brother had left our father's abusiveness. I entered my room. Nearly every aspect of it was white, except for one pillow, which had a large red stain on it from my tears. I grabbed a large duffel bag and packed clothes and my blood stained pillow.
 
I made a quick call to the Café Yum and headed on my way. I had talked with them previously, and rented out the apartment above it. I would work inside to pay off my rent. I climbed down the vines of the side of my window and left.
 
~~~
 
“Yo Anya, I heard you left your house and moved into the Café Yum. Is it true?” Kyoko asked me the next day at school.
 
I nodded. “Yes, I got tired of my abusive father and left.”
 
“I heard another one.”
 
“Oh really?”
 
“You're going out with Shuichi.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“That pretty boy's put a spell on you!”
 
“Kyoko, I asked him to go out with me.”
 
As if on cue, Kurama walked in. Kyoko jumped up at him. “You brainwashed my best friend!” She grabbed his hair and pulled his head down to her level. She started scratching around his head.
 
“Please release Minamino's head.”
 
Kyoko let go of Kurama's head. “Yes Sensei.”
 
I looked to the both of them and smiled weakly. I mouthed `lunch' and turned to the teacher. It's going to be a long day.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and Review please