Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anya of the Flower Rose ❯ Save at Home ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anya of the Flower Rose
Chapter 11: Safe at Home
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, the rights belong to the creator: Yoshihiro Togashi
 
Sorry, no action scene, I couldn't come up with a decent one, the best you've gotten would be Hiei sliced up everyone, the end….ya, I don't think you want that…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
~End Kyoko's POV~
 
It's weird, how I feel right now. Light headed, and flushed. There's someone calling me? No, I'm probably just dreaming, Tran caused me to black out, but how?
 
“Anya, can you hear me?”
 
That voice! So familiar, from a long time ago, Yoko? No, it can't be, he's in the red headed form. He can't transform, can he? But who else would have that velvety voice? Who else?
 
“Anya, c'mon, please wake up.”

…Kyoko?
 
“Are you sure you did it right Kyo?”
 
“Yes, Hiei, dammit, this is one of the things I actually trained for before I found out that I'm a hanyou.”
 
“Hn.”
“Hiei, darling, do I have to pound you into a wall again?”
 
“Will you two shut the fuck up!”
 
“Such language Kurama, didn't know you had it in you.”
“Kyo, tension rising with his mate, I suggest you be quite.”
 
“Humph.”
Slowly, I opened my eyes and painfully sat up. “You guys,” damn, it hurt so much to talk, my voice must sound real raspy right now, “Are giving me a headache.”
 
Yoko grabbed my shoulders and looked down at me. “Anya, are you alright?” I nodded and put my hand on my throat. “I understand, I'll take you back to my house.”
 
“Wha-?”
 
His hand went over my mouth. “After what happened this past week, do you think that I'd let you stay in that apartment alone?” I shook my head and slowly put my arms around his neck. He lifted me gently seeing me wince when he put his arm under my legs.
 
“What happened?” I asked hoarsely.
 
“Hiei killed basically everyone, I sent Sanji to jail, and Kyoko killed Tran.”
 
“Hm.” The portal opened and they stepped through. Landing us at Kurama's house, and he was back in his avatar form. We walked inside. “Mother, I'm back.” He called out.
 
His mother came down the stairs fin a rush. “Shuichi, you're gone the entire weekend, don't call, then show up like nothing happened. I expect an explanation.”
 
“I'm sorry mother, there were problems with my girlfriend.
 
Her eyes widened. “Shuichi, please don't tell me that yo-”
 
“No,” I croaked. She thought that I was pregnant; we haven't even gotten past the making out stage. Besides, if I was, I'd keep it, I would never to one of the ningen clinics to destroy a child. “It was my ex, he says that I belong to him, her-er-tried to rape me again.”
 
“Oh my, would you like me to call your parents, or the police?”
 
I shook my head. “She lives by herself mother, and the ones responsible have already been taken care of and reside in a jail cell.”
 
“There was more than one?”

I nodded and put my head into Kurama's chest. “Mother, is it alright if Anya was to stay in the guest bedroom so she has time to heal?”
“Of course, take as long as you need, and, Anya was it?” I nodded, “please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything.”
 
I tugged on his shirt. He looked down and I yanked a bit on the collar of my shirt. “Mother, if it's not to much to ask, could you make a stop at the Café Yum and tell them that Anya Rose may not be in for about a week or two, and that Kyoko Shina will be by to explain.”
 
She grabbed her purse. “Of course, I'll stop by on my way to the terminal, I have a plane to catch.”
 
“A plane?”
“Yes, did you forget Shuichi? I'm headed off on a business trip.”
 
“What abou-?”
“Silly, it's for his job, and Suuichi left for an exchange program last week and will be back when school gets out.” She smiled and left.
 
Kurama brought me upstairs and went into one of the rooms. It was a simple room. Queen size bed, rose bed spread, and a small bedside table. Kyoko walked around us and pulled the blanket and sheets back so he could lie me down. She brought them back up afterwards and sat on the edge of the bed. “Anya, I'm not exactly sure of what's happening, but I'll give you time to recover before I ask questions. I mean, with you just getting out of that ordeal, and then you're body still recovering, then you're voi-”
 
I grabbed her hands as a sign to stop talking. “Kyoko, just shut up. I'll explain to you whatever you need explaining to.”
 
Kyoko cocked her head to the side. “But doesn't it hurt when you talk?”
“Have you ever known me to shut up?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“No.”
 
Kyoko looked up and glared at Kurama sitting on the other side of the bed. “Ok, before I came to the Ningenkai, but you didn't talk too much Kurama.”
 
“Because I was usually in my kitsune form, besides, listening to your voice was very soothing.”
 
I leaned over onto Kurama's chest and he put his arms around me. “And listening to you when you did talk calmed my frazzled nerves. I love you Yoko Kurama.”
 
“And I love you Anya of the Flower Rose.”
 
Kyoko stood up and left. A few minuets later, I heard a few pots clanging from downstairs. I smiled; Kyoko had found the kitchen and was going to make an attempt to cook.
 
“I hope you remember how your kitchen once looked, because Kyoko is one of the worst cooks around.” I mumbled into Kurama's chest. He sighed, then gently moved my body so that my back was to him. “Wha-mmmmm.” I cut myself off when I felt his hands to go work on my sour shoulders and back.
 
I felt myself melting in his hands. I barely noticed him gong down the center and sides of my back, up and around over my stomach. This must've gone on for a few hours, because I heard a soft coughing at the door. Kurama helped maneuver my body back into a sitting position against the pillows. Kyoko stepped foreword and set a tray down in front of me.
“I couldn't find anything that I could cook in Kurama's kitchen, so I made a run down to the corner and picked up some ramen, is that ok with you?” She said as she handed me a fork.
 
“Yes, that's fine. Ah, Kyoko's world famous ramen.” I teased. “Oh, and what's this? The equally famous water with sweet `n' low in it.”
 
“Shut up Anya.”
 
I stuck my tongue out as I reached for the fork. But Kurama snatched it from my grasp, then the bowl was lifted. “Kurama, I'm perfectly capable of feeding myself.”
 
“Yes, but you can barely hold yourself up, I'm going to care for you until you're fully healed.” He twirled a bi of noodles onto the fork. I rolled my eyes, but ate it anyways.
 
“I'm going to head over to your apartment and grab some clothes.” Kyoko headed out the door. “I'll get the key from your boss when I explain things to `em.” I nodded and she left. There was a small moment of silence as she went down the stairs before, “Hiei SHUT THE FUCK UP AND COME ON!”
 
I nearly chocked on my food. After a few minuets of coughing and gagging, I finished the meal. It was getting dark so Kurama said that I should get some sleep. “Don't you think that I've gotten enough sleep?” I whined.
 
“I'm not going to argue today Anya. You're going to lay down in bed and go to sleep.” Scary look! Scary look!
 
“Yes master.” I grumbled sarcastically and pulled the covers over my head. The lights went off and the door clicked shut. I smiled as I listened to Kurama to quietly go around to get himself ready for bed. I heard his door click shut and then silence, which means that he's asleep, the on thing that I still can't seem to do. Usually, I'd just fall asleep instantly, but right now seems to be a problem.
 
I felt a small throb on my neck where Kurama's mark is. My hand shot up to and the pain shot downwards. Why now of all times? My body's starting to crave his. I thought that this didn't happen for a longer period of time, shows how much I know about youkai mating. Inhaling deeply to try and calm myself, I realized something that was a small key to why the pain was stronger than it should be: I was highly aroused and in heat. It's just starting, but it's going to get worse. Hopefully Kurama won't notice, but I haven't been able to cover that scent on myself yet.
 
I slid further downwards and tried to get some sleep, but it's not going to come easy.
 
~~~
 
All the hours of the night, and only two hours of sleep. Well, Kurama hasn't noticed my pain yet, thankfully. Kyoko showed up about ten minuets ago, she already yelled at me, then Kurama, for me walking to the restroom. I let Kurama carry me downstairs to get her to shut up while she put my clothes in the dresser.
 
“Anya, you know that you an get up and walk around on your own if you want to” Kurama said at the doorway.
 
“Not with Kyoko breathing down my neck.” I said back.
 
“Kurama, we go now, school. You may be centuries old, but I'm not, let's go.” Kyoko grabbed a clump of his hair and started dragging him off. “We'll se ya later Anya!” she called as the door slammed.
 
Thank kami for school. That's six less hours of the day that I have to worry about Kurama finding out. But I can't just avoid Kurama forever. Plus, if I decide to run off, he'd get mad at me, and an angry kitsune is not something I need right now. I'll just drag out my answers for Kyoko, but Kurama will start to notice that…Damn, out of options.
 
I spend most of the day laying on the couch staring out the window. Kurama's garden was simply beautiful, just like my mother's. I didn't move, but I was happy, especially since Hiei forgot to close the window when he left.
 
Kurama came home with his bag in one hand and his head in the other. He set down his bag and went to the kitchen. Kyoko came in after him and tossed one of the two bags she was carrying at me.
 
“There's today's work, get to it so I can bring it in tomorrow so that Sensei doesn't get on my case.” She said pointing at the bag.
 
“Kyoko, I only went to school to find Kurama, now that I did, I have no reason to go back. I'm not like Kurama, I never made some promise to a human mother.” I dropped the bag on the ground as I said it.
 
“Anya Rose! You will finish school with me!” she yanked out the heaviest book from my bag and thrust it into my stomach. “We've only got one month of school left, and you're going to finish!”
 
“Yes master.” I grumbled sarcastically. “So, what's the problem that you were talking about? And what's this about you being a hanyou?”

She sighed and looked down. “My father was an assassin, a demon, Spader.”
“So your mom was the annoying little bra-er yeah, I know him. You could say that she's the Rin to his Sesshomaru.”
 
“Yeah-wait! You swore yourself against TV.”
 
I rolled my eyes. “Manga, Kyoko, manga.”
 
“Oh yeah.” She looked down and stared twiddling her fingers around. Next came the small blush. Two sure signs that she's talking about something that has to do sex, or any of that sort. This most likely means that she's starting to have the pains.
 
“Don't beat around the bush like you normally do, just spit it out.”
 
“Er, right. Well, starting about two nights ago, I've been getting really bad cramps, worse than when I'm on my period, which I'm not due for another two weeks. And a weird kinda tingly feeling around the area where Hiei bit me.”
 
Knew it was about this. “Kyoko, that's just your body craving Hiei.”
 
Her face turned red as a tomato. “M-my body w-what?”
 
I sighed. “Since Hiei marked you as his mate, you're starting to feel the need to be with him, to have him within you.”
 
“I-what!? I mean, I know what you're saying, but…are you feeling it? I can't tell!”
 
I looked down. “Kyoko, yes, I am feeling this, I'm just better at covering it than you are. There's no doubt that Kurama and Hiei are going through this as well, but us being demons, and raised to be able to endure this kind of pain, can just go on like nothing's wrong.”
 
“Whatever.”
 
She got up and left out the window, where Hiei was standing waiting. Kurama came in and sat down in his chair. “Kurama?”
 
“Hm?”
 
“Does your mother know?”
“Know what?”
“That you're a demon?”
 
He looked down. “No.”
 
“Then you'll tell her next time that you talk to her, or I will for you.”
His head snapped up. “What?”
 
“You tell her, or I will.”
He groaned and left to check on whatever it was that he put in the oven. This is going to be a long week.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.