Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Anya of the Flower Rose ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anya of the Flower Rose
Epilogue
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, the rights belong to the creator: Yoshihiro Togashi
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Soft brown eyes met dark red. The two stared at each other long and hard. The red eyes blinked and were replaced by bright innocent golden. An annoyed `urk' was heard and the golden-eyed girl had jumped onto the back of the red-eyed boy.
 
“Kurome, are you flirting at random girls again?” The small golden-eyed girl asked, her silver tail wagging back and forth.
 
The one with red eyes, Kurome, straightened his silver ears and glared at his little sister. “Ayaka, I don't flirt.”
 
“Oh that's right,” She wiggled her tail a bit more, “you woo them.” She hopped off Kurome's shoulders and landed neatly between the two people. “Hi! I'm Ayaka, and this is my big brother, Kurome. What's your name?” She smiled up at the brown-eyed girl.
 
“Um…Misaki.” The brown-eyed girl said slowly. “I should probably…um…go. My…er…dad-”
 
Kurome glared at Misaki. “I'm sure your dad would be worried sick…I'm sure he also told you to never `fraternize' with a male kitsune. Yet another biased bastard.”
 
Ayaka looked up to her brother with wide, innocent eyes. “Surely you don't mean that Kurome.”
 
“Of course I mean it, no one trusts a male kitsune.” He glared a bit stronger at Misiaki. “Especially forbidden half-breeds!”
 
“Now you wait just one minute!” Misaki tried to cut in.
 
“I'm right and you know it.” he growled.
 
Ayaka was suddenly pulled off the ground into someone's arms. “Ayaka, tell me next time you decide to follow Kurome. And you, Kurome! Start paying attention to whether your sister's following you!” There stood Anya in her true form. Rose stems tattooed around both her arms and legs, as well as around her neck and the small of her back. At the end of the stem on her right hand, left foot, right hip and left shoulder was a bloomed rose. There were two blooming roses on either side of her stomach and one sitting partway down her chest. She turned and noticed Misaki. “Oh, and who might you be?” She asked.
 
Misaki snorted. “What's it to you?”
In an instant, Ayaka was on Kurome's shoulder and Anya had Misaki's arms locked behind her back. “You should learn to hold your tongue, little girl.” She growled into Misaki's ear.
 
A pointed blade came to the back of Anya's exposed neck, as her hair was up in mostly a bun, bits of it falling around her face and some from the bun. “It would be in your best interest for you to release my daughter.” Said an ice cold tone.
 
“And if I don't?” The blade pressed harder against her neck. “I hope you've been taking good care of Kyoko, Hiei.” The blade disappeared and Anya released Misaki. “Just like her mother, blindly getting herself into trouble.”
 
“I do no-” Misaki started, but stopped when Hiei glared at her. She looked down to the ground. “Father, I'm sorry for associating with kitsune.”
 
Anya's head snapped around to Misaki, then back to Hiei. A triumphant `I knew it!' came from Kurome.
 
“The hell? Do you automatically want your kin to hate mine!” Anya screeched angrily. “Yoko was your partner at one time!
 
“I have nothing against Kurama, or you kits.” Hiei said in his monotone voice. “It's the rest of the kitsune race that I don't trust.”
 
“D'you mean that she's not a kitsune papa?” Misaki asked, somewhat timidly.
 
Anya stepped in front of Hiei and put one hand on a popped hip. “Do I look like a kitsune? No, I was born from a rose.”
 
“ANYA!!” Anya turned around only to get knocked to the ground by Kyoko. “My gawd, look at you! I haven't seen you for a good hundred years!” She stood up and held out a hand to help Anya up.
 
“Is Misaki your eldest?” Anya asked.
 
Kyoko smiled and nodded. “Only one.”
 
“Shouldn't she only be about a month or two younger than my Kurome.”
 
“Well…” Kyoko took on a sad expression, “I lost that child. The Makai isn't a very nice place to be carrying young. I got hit brutally in the stomach and lost it, the child I mean. It took me a little while to get pregnant after that.”
 
“Kyoko, I—”
 
The trees and bushes rustled a bit behind them, cutting Anya off. Everyone, save Ayaka, took a battle stance. Their looks changed from ready to fight to confusion when what looked to be a young kit floating in mid-air appeared. A few moments later, it was shown that she was merely being held up by the neck of her clothes. “Anya, if you ever leave me alone with this brat, it will be your death.” The silver kitsune who was carrying the kit growled.
 
Anya stepped foreword and took the tiny kit. “Now Yoko, Lita's not that horrible.” She flicked one of the small silver ears poking out from the kit's brown hair. “She even has your human eyes.” She grinned up at her mate.
 
“No, your eye, not mine. The green is from your one eye.” Yoko narrowed his eyes more at Ayaka. “And she only behaves for you.”
“Got that right.” Kurome and Ayaka chorused together.
 
“She's only twelve, cut her a bit of slack. Lita's simply exploring her boundaries.”
 
“Well, she's fond them, make her stop exploring.” Kurome whined.
 
Ignoring everyone, Anya went over to Hiei and set Lita on his head. Lita put her hands down and stared at her mother confused. Hiei glared at Anya, but didn't move. “Now Hiei, you should that your daughter would be immune to a kitsune's power. Kyoko's genes do that.” Ayaka smiled. Her and Kyoko threw an am around each other's shoulders and ran off.
 
Lita giggled and waved goodbye to her mom. “Ja ne okaa-san!” she cried out happily.
 
Hiei sent his glare Yoko's way. “If this child is not off my head in ten seconds, she will have no head.” He growled.
 
Yoko smirked and plucked his daughter off the agitated Hiei. “Maybe Anya's trying to get you into the idea of children again.” He teased, which earned him another glare.
 
“Kurome, I'm bored.” Ayaka whined.
 
Kurome set her down. “I'll take you to the closest market, you have your money?”
 
“Always keep an eye on mine…and yours.” She smirked and pulled out two bags.
 
His eyes widened. “You're too much like Dad, Ayaka.”
 
She smiled wider. “It's only you that I can get, mama and papa always catch me.”
 
Kurome snatched his money sac and put it back into the folds of his clothes. “Let's go. The closest shop is…due south.”
 
Ayaka rolled her eyes. “Do you have to do that every time?”
 
He smirked. “Yes.” He turned to Misaki. “Would you care to join us, Misaki-chan?” he asked her.
 
“Um…” Misaki said, surprised. She turned to Hiei. “Papa, can I go to the market with them?”
 
“This means you'll need money?” Hiei growled.
 
Yoko threw his arm around Misaki's shoulders. “Here, have fun on me.” He dropped a bag of coins into Misaki's hand.
 
“Uh…thank you, Yoko-sama.” She said, unsure of herself.
“Know where you're going?” Kurome asked.
“Yes.”
“Then let's race.”
 
Ayaka hopped foreword and pulled off the light blue scarf from her head to reveal long waist-length shimmering-silver with a pair of silver fox ears poking from the top. “On my mark!” She called out. She folded the sash in half. “Ready, set, GO!” she whipped down the scarf. Kurome and Misaki took off, Kurome slowing momentarily to pick up Ayaka, who was already pulling her hair back up.
 
Feeling a tug on his leg, Yoko looked down and growled. “Anya will not live to see tomorrow.” He picked Lita up and set her on his shoulders.
 
The end.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Read and review please.
 
This is the last of Anya of the Flower Rose.
 
Thank you for reading; please don't forget to leave a review or two to tell me how you feel about my writing. I know the beginning is a bit…rushed, but I've gotten better since I first started. I plan to have pictures up soon…by the end of June, I'm hoping.