Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ My New Name ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My New Name

Stacey-Lee Jennings sat on her bed staring out the window that was high above her. The futon she was sleeping in wasn't comfortable.

The door opened and her rubies stared up into indigo gems. Karasu's hand reached out to her. She jumped into his loving arms.

"Time to go. Pack up."

"Where are we going, Kara-sama?" Stacey asked as she was dropped back onto the ground. "Am I going home to Sakyo?"

"And to your original space."

"THANK YOU, KARA-SAMA!"

"Artemis, you know I hate it when you scream and hug me."

"Sorry." Stacey blushed and left his side to pack her clean cloths into a suitcase.

Ani opened the door then stared at Stacey. She was dressed in some normal cloths. "Oh, look who's ready to go home. The plane's here. Yuske's waiting."

Karasu nodded. "Look, Artemis, Sakyo hasn't been eating normally lately. We need you to talk to him." There was a red light flashing on Karasu's right ear. "20, shoot."

He had his hand over the light. "Here she is. Put him on." He took a headset off his himself and held it out to Stacey. She opened her hand and placed it over her head.

"Hello?"

"Artemis."

"Chichi."

There was a soft laugh. "Sweet child, how are you?"

"I feel fine."
~@~

Sakyo sat there as Touya watched him talk to Artemis. `Something's not right.' "17 to 1, 17 to 1. I think we've got a problem perusing us."
Yuske's voice came over to him from the airport. "I don't see what's wrong. Wait, 1to 4, do you copy?"

Kurama's voice drifted over. "4. What's wrong? Is there something wrong? Everything clear up here."
"Not exactly," Yuske said. "Look, there's a tid problem. Genkai's not responded for all the calls I tried. She's just not responding. Her Com Units been knocked off-line and her headset seems all jacked."
Touya's eyes watched Sakyo as he wandered out onto the balcony. His eyes widened. "17 to all! 17 to all! Sakyo's in trouble! Hurry up! Find Genkai! I'll help Sakyo!" Touya ran out and brought Sakyo down. A bunch of bullets rained down on them. Sakyo quickly said good-bye and rolled into safety as Touya shot some Ice Shards the size of his arm at the attackers.

"17!"

"Fine, where are you 5?"

Genkai's voice wavered. "I'm not to far away. I heard the gun fire! I'm on my way."

~@~

Sakyo was awaiting her at the airport. Stacey-Lee Jennings was now Artemis Talon. She ran into Sakyo's arms.

"Chichi, I'm home!"
"Yes, you are, musume."

Artemis noticed that only Yuske was there. "Where's Genkai, and the others?"

Yuske smiled. "Their fine. The day before you left, there was a raid on the place. Don't worry! Your house is still up!"

Artemis hugged him also. "Thank you for protecting him!"

"Uh, sure."

~@~

Genkai's eyes slowly opened. Everything was blurred. Why was it so dark?

She noticed a small amount of light filtering into the room. She saw a figure leaning forward with his hands over his face. His elbows were propped up on his knees and he was whispering something.

"Where am I?"

"Genkai!" It was Yuske.

"Where am I, denshi?"

"Your in a hospital, don't worry, your not BADLY hurt, your just lightly wounded now. According to Touya, you had taken some of those bullets head-on. I wonder, did it ever dawn on YOU that I cared?"

"No."

"Oh. Well, then we're even." Yuske sat down on his chair again. "I've been here since you were brought here."
"How long would that be?"

"Uh, about three days." Yuske sighed. "I've gone back and forth, going to my house to change, shower, whatever, and then I come back and stay here with you. I hope you don't mind that I've been here."

"No, actually, it's nice to wake to a friendly face."
"Oh, in that case, can you kill me?"

"Why?"

"Curiosity."

"That's not an answer!"

"Hey! I'd rather be dead now then see you die!"

"Curiosity killed the cat!"

"I am not a feline!"
"Oh, whatever."

~@~

Artemis was grateful for the return home, that she paid off all the medical bills as the whole whored of people swarmed about the mansion.

Touya, Yukina, Jin, Shishi, Suzuki, and Shura were roomed together, as Hiei, Yuske, Kurama, Kuwabara, Yomi, and Genkai were roomed across the hall, and some others that had been part of this HUGE mission were roomed alone for the risk of someone bumping them and causing them to do some unnecessary fractures. Most of them had broken legs, broken wrists, and other broken things, but no one bothered them when the maids put the signs up that they were needing quite.

The only BIG fuss was over who got the beds and who got the floors. Yuske, Hiei, Yomi, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Genkai had made such a fuss over it, Artemis and Apollo thought they'd NEVER stop. But in the end, Genkai, Hiei, and Yomi got the three beds, and Yuske, Kurama, and Kuwabara got the floors. In Touya, Yukina, Jin, Shishi, Suzuki, and Shura's room was quite hilarious.

Shura was covered in pillow feathers, Yukina was giggling up a storm, Touya and Jin were arguing over who gets what, Shishi and Suzuki were arguing over the pillows. Artemis made them all come to terms. Jin and Touya slept together, Shura and Yukina slept in the same bed, as well, Shishi and Suzuki put a curtain between the two of them, and slept together on the bed.

"You know what?"

"What, ani?"

"I think I like the quite of night, imoto."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

WHACK!

Artemis had thrown a pillow in Apollo's face. "Did you tell Hiei about the family secret?"

"I Thought you did!"

"I'm not gonna waltz up to him and tell him that he's got a TWIN sister!"

"Well, it's either you or Sakyo."
The stared at each other.

"Sakyo," they said in unison.