Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Twins Of A Different Kind ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twins Of A Different Kind

Jin snuck out at night and stood there near a swing on a tree. It was like a dream as he remembered his sister.

~@~

"Jin! Jinx!"

The twins were playing on a swing and Jin whooshed past Jinx. The girl hopped down and flew home, too. Being only 20, they were able to fly already.

Both had flamng red hair, azure blue eyes, and were a tid pale. They both wore a pair of breeches that were green. Jin wore a white shirt, Jinx wore a red one. They were about the same size, save for Jin kept his hair unrully and Jinx kept hers in two loose pigtails.

"Master Niklaren is here!" Their godfather called.

"Ah!" Jin cried. At the time, he didn't have his accent, just a normal kids voice. "The Wind Masters here!" He sped up.

Jinx sighed and raced him home.

~@~

'And that was the last time I saw her. Niklaren took me to become this master of wind. I don't know what happened to sis, but I sure do hope that she's still alive and well.' He turned and began to walk away, when he niticed Artemis watching him from her balcony.

Her black hair fanned out as a light breeze wafted past her into her room. Her linen white PJ's fluttered about her. The shirt seemed to grab at the air as her pants fluttered about and tried to grab onto her. She smiled and lit her finger. She aimed it at an oil lamp near Jin. The spurt of fire came and went, leaving a smiling torch of flames on a bench near Jin.

The red head smiled and bowed to show his thanks. Artemis gave a half grin, half bow then walked into her room, shutting one balcony door and leaving the other open. In the next room over, Apollo was lounging on his balcony with his arm over his eyes. He wore orange PJ's that had sun prints all over them. Finally, his arm slipped off and he got up for bed.

'So, maybe Apollo's luck to know his family, but Yukina's like me. I know my sisters close, but I can't seem to find her, like Yukina can't find her half-brother.'

~@~

Artemis woke the next morning to find the phone ringing. She picked it up.

"Hello, Artemis speaking."

"I'll be there in two minutes," said a male voice.
"Naze?"

There was only the dial tone. She hung the phone up and thought about who had just called. She had no idea who this was, nor did she know what he meant.

At the moment, Apollo was out doing his usual morning Nigen job, Sakyo was in Canada, and the Tenteis were out doing God knows what. That meant that Artemis was all alone. That she didn't have anyone awake to help her, the butler was at his house, the maids were in the condo built underground for them, the servants were in the basement on their futons, sleeping still, or she would have heard the servant coming in to clean out her laundry basket already.

She got out of bed and put on her regular staying home cloths, a blue shirt with matching blue jeans that both had impressions of cresent moons and little stars, and opened the bathroom door to brush her teeth and hair.

She had just come out when she saw a man crouching in a corner. He had smooth black hair with a single strand obscuring a small black dot on his forehead, he wore a black shirt, black pants, and black shoes. He sprang at her. She gasped and used her demon speed and froze time. She ran out the open room door to the hall way and jeered to a stop, seeing a man with green hair, white tanktop with torn sleeves, and loose fitting black pants. She ran the other way, away from her brother's room. She skidded down the stairs and time seemed to slow as she saw KoEnma throw and energy disk at her. She was blinded by the light of a Spirit Gun coming from the left, where the library was. She fell to the ground, blinded by the spots that stained her vision. She felt Genkai's ki enshroud her so she wasn't seen by the enemy. She finally regained her sight and found herself behind the aging master. She gasped as another energy disk came at Genkai.

"KOENMA!" Apollo shouted.

Three burst of light and Artemis was in the dark again.

"Artemis, it's not KoEnma over there, he's right behind you." Apollo lifted his sister off the marble floor as she clung to him. "I'm not gonna let you go, I promise." He walked past Genkai to the library. "Stay here, you'll be safer if you mask your ki, just don't make to much noise."

"APOLLO!"

"I'm coming Genkai!" He held his sister's hand one last time before he took off to help the other Tenteis. "Stay put!" he cried over his shoulder.

~@~

Hiei charged into the library and found it empty. He searched for a ki signature. "Artemis, this is no time for games." He started to push aside the wrekage from Apollo's and fake KoEnma's fight in the library. He found a torn pice of the shirt Artemis had been wearing. It suddenly went up in flames and revealed her body, covered in heavy bookshelves, furniture, and Hiei. She was knocked out, her skin was paling and her breath was uneven.

Apollo stared down at Artemis. He picked her up and walked her to her room, where he found Jin fighting Sensui, who had decided to make it a sene of him and Jin. Artemis stirred and a sudden blast of black fire ki rose around the house, dousing intruders in it firey grasp. Like little ribbons, Artemis' ki raced about the room and flowed seamlessly around Sensui and Jin, finally deciding to engulf Sensui. Artemis had only shifted in her sleep, but she had just saved, Yuske, KoEnma, Genkai, Jin, and Kurama. Hiei and Kuwabara were cleaning up the library, Shizuru, Botan, Yukina, and Keiko were all busy trying to patch up a wounded Touya, Shishi, and Suzuki. Shura had left, persuing the fake KoEnma, with his father at his heels.

Apollo set Artemis down on her bed and covered her with the sheets as Jin said, "She destroies a whol' bunch a A class demons and then sleeps? She's go' i' made in the shade, righ'?"

"Not necicarily, but she's been winded and draind physically from all the running she did, not to mention, Yuske and fake KoEnma blinded her, which scared her, so she might not be awkae for a while." Apollo closed the door. "Now as long as father doesn't know what happened."