Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Flashing Memories ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Flashing Memories

Her cherry eyes slid open and she blinked, for a split moment, she thought she had been blinded, then she remembered. She sat up, and saw Jin, sitting in mid-air and staring at her bed, dresser, closet door, and anything else that he found interesting. She flopped back down, knowing she was safe now.

She sighed and thought of Sakyo. His kind face, smiling down at her, his open arms, his loving embrace. But in public, it was like... like another person lived insider her father. He became ruthless, heartless, and enjoyed watching battles that got bloody.... But, everytime she interveened, he'd spare mercey to the person being tortured, just to please her, just to make her think about it, just enough to make her smile and thank him.

Now, he listened to no one. Now, he ignored her, he hated her. Just a few days ago, he'd smile and hold her when she cried. Now, everything was harsh and burtal.

A small black gem fell onto her pillow as she cried herself back to sleep. No one would stand up to him once they knew his secret. Once they knew he could use flame, lightning, and plants as his weapons, they'd surely kill him, just like Reisho had killed Apollo's twin brother, Archie.

In a swirrl of sorrow painted red, and anger painted blue, ribbons of vilot soothed her body to sleep, like a soft luluby that Sakyo or Apollo would sing to her.

~@~

In a flash, Apollo jumped and spirralled away. He was breathing heavily, but he was doing this for Artemis and Hiei. The only twins left in the family. Sure, Roger and Sakyo had been twins, but they were total oposites! One had children, the other owned and android! But Artemis and Hiei still were alike, just like he wanted.

He watched Genkai's finger tips for any movment of attacking. He didn't see Yuske form the back and nearly got killed. He jumped up, slightly and kicked Yuske down, allowing Genkai a clear shot of his other leg, which tripped him, but he flipped away.

"That's enough," Genkai said. "Yuske?"

"Fine, just a kink in the neck, but still workin', can't ya tell?"

"I can now. Apollo, look!"

both looked where Genkai was pointing. Artemis' room was alight with a bright yellow flaming light, like it was on fire. Ki blasted form the windows, the door, and Jin came flying through the doors, his own ki trying to protect him. A huge tunnle of wind and dirt spirraled from the dirt, wrapping itself around Jin, just like a skin-tight jacket as the ki blast burst outward harder.

It finally ceased and stopped all movement. Jin appeared as his tunnle vanished. His hands were held up in an x over his head. He slowly lowered his arms and suddenly sped into the room.

Apollo used his ki and blasted himself to the balcony, where the entire rail had been ripped off, inside the room, there were cloths scattered about, papers fluttered lightly, the bed and been blasted to bits, the doors had broken off the hinges and thrown aside, Artemis lay there, her hair askerew, and her white sleep cloths stained with dirt and her rubie red blood. Genkai and Yuske came in. Their jaws dropped ten-feet down at the sight of everything.

Artemis' weeping suddenly broke the silence. Jin had rested a hand on her shoulder and was gently rubbing it. He made a hush sound as he picked her up and craddled her to him. Apollo saw a flash back as little Artemis cried as Hina's rasping breath came out and went in. Sakyo held the small child as she cried.

He snapped back to the present when he felt a small ki signature coming from his room, which was on the other end of the hall. He snuck out and went to the room, like it made a difference if he made any noise.

He stopped, hearing Artemis call his name. He remembered her thrashing against the hold of two men as they held her back from her brother. She was reaching for him as they pulled her away. Her black gems that normally held flames of gold, were black as coal. No joy was in her, finally, she gave in, dropping to her knees, catching tear gems as they fell.

He whipped around, after creating a frozen barrier to keep the person locked where they were, he ran to Artemis and knelt down touching her cheek. "I'm right here, Artemis. Don't worry, imoto, I won't leave you, not now."
She reached out and touched his cheek with her hand. Her warmth was still there, only her eyes were fearful. "I need you now, when my power rages out of control like this." She curled up into his arms, trying to get away from her fear, which Apollo protected her from as best he could. "Don't leave me yet," was her last whisper before she fell asleep.

"I won't, imoto." He patted her hair and gripped her tightly.