Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Artemis, the American Girl ❯ Three Months Of Life ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three Months Of Life

~Three months later~

"Artemis?" Hiei stuck his head into her room. The girl was staring at her computer screen and typing frantically. "I'll wait."
"What?"

"Uh, I,well, I just want to, um, ask you something, erm, if you don't mind."

"No." She finally shut the screen off and faced him. "What?"

"It's about Sakyo."

"What about him?"

"Is it natural for him to be gone this long?"

"He's been gone about a year before, so, I'm used to being home alone, it's not like it's a first for me, it's just that, three months ago, before I knew what was goin on, he told me that some day, my powers would excel faster than I could control them. That's why at night, you feel light energy pitches and some nights its blended with a mixture of my raging flames." She sighed and stood. "I don't belive that even now, after three months, you still don't belive me when I say I'm your twin, do you?"

~@~

During the three months, Hiei had learned Artemis was part of one of Yuske's favorite music band, Magicians. Artemis hated letus, her favorite food was anything spicy. She enjoyed Country music, she disliked to leave things running when they weren't needed and no one was using it.

In three months, the Tenteis had learned a lot about living in America. In America, you could be almost any age and you could fall in love. You don't always have to walk to school, they could ride in a bus, or in their best friend's car. You didn't have to wear uniforms for school, you could dress freely, and you didn't have to keep up with everyone in school, you could pick your school if you want.

Apollo was rummored to be still in collage, but he normally goes out to his Nigen jobs, comes home, goes to his Reikai jobs, then comes home for dinner.

As a rule of thumb in the house, no one is left unfed, not even the servants, everyone is to dress in neat cloths that have been washed, no one sleeps until they take a shower, with the exception of the guests.

~@~

"Yuske, dinners ready," Genkai said, opening the door a crack so he could hear her. "Yuske, did you hear me? Yuske?" She pushed the door open wider and found that Yuske was taking a shower. "Yuske! Dinners ready!"
"OK, thanks, Genkai-san."

She walked down the stairs and found Artemis and Hiei yelling at each other. Sighing, she went down the stairs and into the dinning hall where they stood.

"I told you! I'm not going to be your brother! What don't you understand?!"

"I didn't say you have to! I just asked you if you want to be my brother!"

"Hey! That wasn't part of your statment in letting me stay here!"
"I didn't say you had to stay here, Hiei!" She slammed her hand onto the table and stormed out. Fire raged from her hands and there was and explosion and she was calm. "Thank you, ani."

"Sure." Apollo walked past, stretching. "Nearly fell asleep, thanks for the wake-up call, imoto."

She smiled warmly. "I'll go get Touya and Yukina." She disapeared, just as a servant came in.

Her name was Kate Jun. She was Chinese and was proud of her job. She was a black-haired, blue-eyed pretty young girl. Her cloths were often white Chinese cloths. She walked past them, a new butler in tow.

It was Itsuki.

~@~

Artemis sat there, her bath finished, she was a bit rosey-cheeked and smiling.

A cold bath kept her awake, but tonight, she wanted to sleep early and get up early, just to see Jin fly to Reikai. The warmth spread like a beacon in a storm. She crawled under the covers and, feeling childish, tucked her bear next to her and slept.

The door to her room cracked open and green-haired Itsuki came in, quite as a mouse. Slipping a chip onto her neck, he slipped out, unnoticed and left the house.

Her dreams turned brutal. The fire rose high into the night sky, like a baby reaching for it's mother. Screams echoed down around her like rain and hail. She saw blood that seemed to stretch for miles about, like velvet carpets.

She swirrled about, trying to see beyond the flames and into the dark around her. Nothing was illuminated by the orange tounges of fire. The blood turned black, almost as sudden as a lightning strike. Grey clouds like a bird, spread like wild-fire over-head.

A knife, cutting like light in the dark, slit her.

Artemis sat bolt up, like something was wrong. She looked about her empty room. She sighed and laid back down. She was scared for a moment, then her eyes slowly closed and fell into sleep, again, seeing the fire, blood, thunder, and knife, but didn't wake the second time, just slept, like nothing happened.